Search:

SIYE Time:23:25 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 149
Summary: Time cannot stop the love story of Harry and Ginny. No matter what, they have a Forever Love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 91004; Chapter Total: 6061
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
The validation on chapter 3 was so quick I thought I'd put up 4 and 5 together. Still un beta-d.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ch 5 November 2

“Hello, is anybody there? Mrs Woods?” called Henry.

“Hi, I'm just in the middle of something Mr Evans, please come through, I'm in the kitchen,” called Abby's mum.

Henry came through the floo into a small lounge area. It was cosy but not very big. He could hear movement in the other room, so he made his way towards the noise. A hauntingly familiar flowery smell invaded his senses, and even before he stepped into the room, he knew who he would find there.

Her back was to him, checking something in the wall oven. She seemed satisfied, and fiddled with the dials. Suddenly, he knew she knew he was there. He saw her back stiffen and she turned slowly.

He thought he had prepared himself to see her, but he was wrong. He felt like his heart was leaping out of his chest. She was 32 years old now, and she had never looked lovelier. Her hair, her glorious red hair was a bit shorter now, and styled in layers. Her body was trim, it was obvious she had been an athlete. Her chest was slightly bigger than he remembered, then blushed a bit as he realised what he was looking at.

“Ahem, Mr Evans, my eyes are here,” said Ginny Wood. Henry's eyes shot up, and he found himself looking into cool brown eyes. Brown eyes that used to be full of love for him. When he was Harry Potter.

“Mrs Wood, it's so good to meet you. Your daughter Abby has been a great friend to my son Jay.”

“Yes, I believe they first met on the train going to Hogwarts. Funny how friendships can start off that way. My brother met his best friend the same way,” replied Ginny. “Cup of tea?”

Henry nodded, watching her get a couple of cups from a cupboard. She moved gracefully and confidently, taking a tray out of the oven. A kettle whistled and she poured the water into the teapot, letting it steep while her muffins cooled.

“Abby told me that Jamie only realised he was a wizard a couple of days before they left for Hogwarts. How is that possible?” asked Ginny curiously.

“Jay's mother refused to accept the possibility he was a wizard, and she kept his Hogwarts letter a secret,” said Henry.

Ginny handed him a cup of tea and offered him a muffin, which he took.

“Jay tells me you and your husband played professional quidditch. That must have been amazing.”

“Yes, he played for Puddlemere United and I was a Holyhead Harpy.”

“Is that how you met, at a match?” asked Henry.

“Well, kind of, I mean, of course we played against each other, but he was a friend of my brothers from school. It was only when we were both on the winning English side in the World Cup that we got closer,” said Ginny.

“I kind of heard that you went out with Harry Potter, too,” said Henry, fishing for information.

Ginny stiffened. “Are you a reporter, Mr Evans?” she asked, her tone now frosty.

“What, no, I-I just heard something, that's all,” stammered Henry, surprised at her reaction.

“Well let me tell you this, I don't talk about Harry Potter to anybody but those that know him well, and most of those are members of my family. Understand?”

“Yes, yes look, I'm sorry if I've upset you, I've been away from the wizarding world a long time, when I left, Harry Potter was a hero,” explained Henry.

“He IS a hero, he will always be a hero. He just never wanted to be a hero. I-I-please excuse me for a minute,” said Ginny, leaving the room in a rush.

Henry drank his tea, worried that he had upset her. This wasn't going as he imagined.

Ginny returned after several minutes, appearing calmer. She sipped her tea, studying him. He began to feel uncomfortable. Surely she couldn't see through his glamours?

“Why did you leave the wizarding world, Mr Evans?” she asked.

Henry pondered the best way to explain, without giving too much away. “I lost people I cared about. It hurt too much. I felt, I don't know, lost, you know?”

“Yes, I know,” said Ginny sadly.

Henry watched as she took a bite of her muffin. “Where did you go, what did you do?” she asked him.

“I found a night job packing shelves in a supermarket. It wasn't much, but I wasn't really in a position to hold down a full time job. I was going to counselling during the day, which really helped. I found it so interesting that I ended up going to university and becoming a social worker.
I mostly work with abused or abandoned kids,” said Henry.

“Interesting,” said Ginny in a peculiar voice.

“How long have you lived in Godric's Hollow?” he asked her.

“Abby and I moved here about eighteen months ago. We're just renting at the moment. I've always thought it was a nice little town. Nice and private. I like that,” she said, with a look at him.

“Your husband didn't move with you. Are you divorced too?” he asked

She paused in the act of taking a drink of her tea. “No, my husband is dead,” she simply, waiting for his reaction.

“What! Oliver is dead? Oh, I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to blurt that out, I just had no idea,” stammered Henry.

“You were a fan?” asked Ginny with a wry smile.

“I saw him at Hogwarts, even played with him once or twice. He lived and breathed quidditch, even back then. Everything else was secondary,” reminisced Henry.

“Yes, I know,” said Ginny sadly.

“Oh, oh no, I didn't mean you and your daughter, I mean, not that I would know, but I'm sure he loved you. I just, oh shit!”

Ginny burst out laughing. “Relax, Mr Evans, it's fine. I knew what Oliver was like when I married him. Our daughter has been a blessing, especially since we lost him.”

“Please, call me H-Henry,” he said, nearly slipping up and revealing his real name.

“Henry, I can tell you that Abby has lots planned for Jamie's stay with us. When would be suitable for him to come to us? I understand that he is spending the first part of the Christmas break with his mother?” asked Ginny.

“Yes, that's right. They arrive back home on the 21st and he's staying with her for Christmas. I'll have him from Boxing day. Could he possibly come here on the 1st and stay till they return to Hogwarts, which is on the 4th? I would like to come and see him off again, but it will depend on my work. Unfortunately, Christmas and New Year is one of our worse times,” said Henry grimly.

“That sounds fine, and pretty much what the kids were hoping for. I'm sure we will both get letters telling us what they have planned but I do know they want to meet up with another friend, Scorpius Malfoy, in Diagon Alley one day. Will that be all right with you?” she asked.

Henry hesitated. “What do you know about this Scorpius? Jay's only really mentioned him in his last letter. All I know of the Malfoys is from the war, and none of that is good,” he said bitterly.

“Abby's mentioned him a few times to me. Yes, I know what you mean. I knew his father Draco in school, and I have a history with his Grandfather Lucius. However, his Grandmother helped Ha-someone important in the Final Battle that turned the tide for us. I really don't know what to tell you. I trust my daughter's judgement. I know they've made a huge effort at Hogwarts to unite the houses as much as possible. When I was there, it was very much a Gryffindor vs Slytherin attitude. Those days are gone. However, if for one moment I sense that Scorpius Malfoy is as evil as his Grandfather or is spouting any PureBlood/Dark Lord nonsense, well, let's say, there's a particular hex I haven't used in many years that I would be willing to bring out of retirement in such a case, and I would get my daughter and your son away from him before he could say Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes!” finished Ginny, getting worked up.

“Woah, I ah, will definitely warn my son to be on his best behaviour then, shall I?” teased Henry.

Ginny laughed again. “Oh, I think our kids will be fine. Apart from a couple of detentions, they've been fine. I had plenty of detentions when I was at school., as did most of my brothers.”

“I had loads,” said Henry, glumly.

“We'll probably go flying a bit, too, while Jamie's with us. Abby says he's gotten lots better and that he's a natural,” said Ginny.

“Why do you call him Jamie?” asked Henry, curiously.

Ginny shrugged. “When Abby's first letters came home, she called him Jay. Now she calls him Jamie, so I have come to know him as Jamie. I assume his name is James?” she asked.

Henry nodded.

“It's a nice name. Funny isn't it, I always planned that if I had a boy, I would call him James.”

“How old were you when you decided that?” asked Henry.

“Sixteen,” she replied.

“Girls think about that stuff at sixteen? Did you have your wedding planned out, too?” teased Henry, a bit shaken that she had thought of that when they were together,

“Ah, you have to remember, it was a different time, we were going through a war. I always knew, from the moment we were together, what I would name our son and our daughter. As for our wedding, no, I actually never thought about it. I suspect we would have eloped. The bloody press alone would have been a nightmare if we had planned a wedding. Can you imagine?” she asked rhetorically.

“This would have been you and Harry Potter?” he hesitantly asked.

Just saying his name was enough for Ginny to snap out of Memory Lane and focus on the man in front of her. She shrugged and changed the subject.

“Little Sirius will be glad of not having so far to fly for a couple of weeks. He's adorable, you chose well when you chose him,” she said.

“Adorable, you say?” asked Henry, holding up two fingers with bandages on them. “Little bugger doesn't like the treats I have for him. I haven't had time to go to Diagon Alley to get more. He definitely lets me know how he feels about that. Got a little bit of an attitude, that owl!”

Ginny got up and got a little container. “Here, take these. I'm going to Diagon Alley tomorrow so I can get some more. I know he likes these ones, see?” she teased, holding up her hand. “No bandages!”

Now Henry burst out laughing. “Thanks, that would be great. I do plan to send an owl out later today telling Jay that we met and when he can stay with you. I expect him to reply straight away and I'll need to be armed with treats and ready.” He held the container with the treats up as a shield, laughing.

“Interesting name for an owl, Sirius. Why couldn't he have a dog before?” asked Ginny.

“Ah, his mother is allergic,” lied Henry. He couldn't say the real reason, that it hurt too much, reminded him too much of his Godfather, Sirius Black.

“I knew a man named Sirius. A very good man. I like to think there's a Sirius at Hogwarts again, even if it is an owl,” said Ginny.

Henry decided it was time to go, they were getting into an area he had filed away many years ago in his head under DO NOT ENTER.

“Well, thanks for the tea and the muffins. It was really nice to meet you. I guess I'll be in touch with you before the kids come home, just confirming everything, and when and where I can do the drop off,” said Henry.

“Merlin, you make it sound like we're going to rob Gringott's, or something. Why don't you plan to be here for breakfast on the 1st, unless you have big plans for New Years Eve?” asked Ginny.

“No, nothing really planned, not at this stage anyway. I'll see what Jay says and let you know. What about you and Abby? Don't you have a big do at the Burrow with fireworks and all that?”

“I don't usually stay too late, but I agree, let's see what the kids say and take it from there. It was really nice meeting you too, Henry. Our kids are best friends, I'm really looking forward to meeting Jamie, or would you prefer I call him Jay, like you?”

“No, it's fine, whatever you like. Well, goodbye,” he said, moving to the floo.

He hesitated and looked back. He was surprised to look at his watch and find two hours had gone by. They'd been talking a lot, and time had gotten away. He'd enjoyed himself, and didn't want to leave. He hadn't found out anything about her family, or Hermione. He'd felt humbled as she defended him, defended Harry Potter, refusing to gossip about him. With a last look back at her, he flooed back to Muggle London.

Ginny was surprised to find how long they had been talking. Henry Evans was not what she had been expecting. She had been surprised at his sandy coloured hair, and eyes a colour similar to her own. It was an interesting combination, and Ginny felt herself attracted to him. 'Funny, she thought, ' how much he reminds me of Harry.'










Reviews 149
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear