Search:

SIYE Time:14:49 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 149
Summary: Time cannot stop the love story of Harry and Ginny. No matter what, they have a Forever Love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 91009; Chapter Total: 5501
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Just a quick note about my other story 'Power', my beta is pretty busy at the moment, she currently has 3 chapters of that story with her, it is NOT abandoned, it is completed at my end. I will post as soon as possible. Cheers




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ch 8 Dec 21- Jan 1

Ginny went through the barrier at Platform 9 ¾ and made her way down the station. She spoke to a lot of friends she saw, all waiting for her their children to return from Hogwarts for the Christmas holidays. She was looking or her brothers Bill, George and Percy, when she felt an arm snake around her waist.

“Hello beautiful,” a husky voice filled her ear.

She turned to see Henry looking at her, and she gave him a quick hug.

“Hi, yourself. Looking forward to seeing Jamie?” she asked.

“Hell yes! It will be great to spend time with him again, and glad to have a break. Honestly, if it wasn't for you, I probably would have buried myself in my work.

“Henry, didn't surviving the war teach you not to let life pass you by. There has to be more to you than your work. You need a hobby, you need a pet, you need-”

“You! I need you,” he said huskily.

“Henry!” said Ginny, touched at the emotion in his voice. The sound of the whistle of the train broke them apart, and they hurried over, excited to see their children.

Ginny stood with her brothers, and Henry stayed close to her. The train pulled in and the children piled out, all looking for their families.

Teddy and Vicki came out, holding hands. It gave Henry a pang to see his Godson, he was nine months old last time he saw him. His resemblance to both Remus and Tonks was astonishing to him.

Teddy took Vicki over to Bill and they spoke briefly. When he saw Ginny, he excused himself from Bill and came over to Ginny, giving her a big hug.

“How's my favourite Godmother. Enjoying the peace and quiet now Abs is off at school?” he asked.

“I'm your only Godmother, you prat! How's things with you? Your owl must have got lost, I haven't had many letters from you,” she rebuked good naturedly.

He looked a bit ashamed, “Sorry Auntie Gin, it's been a hectic year, really. You know I want to get into the Auror's, and I want top scores. Ask Vicki if you don't believe me, she's been complaining that she hasn't seen much of me too. But I have kept an eye on Abs, honest. I check in with her from time to time. She's got a couple of close friends, seem ok.”

“Thanks for keeping an eye on her for me, I appreciate it, love. I will see you at the Burrow Christmas afternoon, won't I?” asked Ginny.

“Wouldn't miss Nana Molly's Christmas feast for anything, you know that!” he winked.

Bill and Vicki walked past, waving to Ginny. Teddy picked up his bag and followed them, pecking Ginny on the cheek.

“Mum, Mum over here,” cried Abby.

“Dad, glad you could make it,” said Jay.

Both children ran into their parents arms and hugged them. Henry and Ginny's eyes met over the heads of their children and they smiled.

“Mum, this is Jamie,” said Abby.

“Hi Jamie, it's very nice to finally meet you. I hope you've enjoyed your first term,” said Ginny.

“Yes, thank you ma'am,” said Jamie, blushing. Abby's mum was very pretty, and he was a bit in awe of her, as Abby had said she had played quidditch professionally.

Ginny laughed, “Please, don't call me ma'am, Mrs Wood will do, or Ginny, if your Dad doesn't mind?”

Harry shrugged. “Whatever you are comfortable with, son. And you must be Abby. You look just like your mum. I bet you kids are glad to be home for Christmas?”

“Hello sir, yes, Christmas is my favourite time of the year, I love being home for it,” said Abby, smiling at Henry.

“Mum, we were wondering if we could all go out to tea tonight. We can tell you what we have planned for when Jamie comes to stay,” suggested Abby.

“I'm sorry honey, you know we are having dinner with Nana Wood tonight,” said Ginny.

“Aw Mum, We're spending Christmas Eve and and half of Christmas Day with her, that's just a couple of days away, please Mum,” begged Abby.

“I'm sorry Abby, but I promised Jay's Mum he'll be home with her tonight. There's a few things we need to discuss,” said Henry with a smile at her.

Jay frowned, he didn't like the sound of that. The two children hugged each other goodbye, with Abby promising to call Jay when he was Harry.


________________________________________ ____

“Hello son, Happy Christmas!” said Henry cheerfully, as Jay got in the car with a bag.

“Can we please get out of here,” said Jay, not looking at his dad as he shut the door.

Henry drove away, concentrating on the road. When there a lull in other traffic, he looked over to Jay, who was sitting in the passenger seat, arms folded.

“Everything all right at home?” he asked gently. Jay just shrugged.

“'snot my home, not any more,” he mumbled.

Henry was concerned, but decided to wait till they were at his apartment before asking further questions.

Jay went into his room and threw his bag on the bed, coming back to see his dad with some presents.

“Here we go, son, come on and open them,” Henry said, gesturing to them.

They spent the next half an hour opening his presents, Jay showing his delight at his very own broomstick. They went over it carefully, discussing the different aspects of it, Henry comparing it to his Nimbus and Firebolt.

After everything was tidied away, Henry attempted to find out what was wrong with Jay earlier.

“So, how was everything at your Mum's?” he asked/

Jay hesitated. “Mum's got a boyfriend. I don't like him. Can't I stay here next holidays and just see her for a couple of hours, or something?”

Henry shook his head, “No son, I'm sorry but you do need to spend time with your mum. She misses you. We had never even contemplated boarding school for you, so your mum's really feeling it, you being away. I think it's good she's seeing somebody. You will have to spend a decent amount of time with her in the summer.”

Jay groaned. “Abby's going to Romania to see her uncle, and maybe Egypt. She wants me to go with her, Dad.”

“Well, that's a long way off, we'll talk about that another time. Now, what plans have you and Abby made for the New Year?”

________________________________________ __

“Abs, is everything all right? You haven't been the same since Christmas?” asked Ginny in concern.

Abby shrugged. “I'm fine,” she said shortly.

“Do you feel sick? You haven't had much of an appetite since you've been home, even at the Burrow on Christmas Day.”

“Mum, I'm fine. Can we change the subject please?” said Abby.

“Sure, what do you want to talk about?” asked Ginny.

“Why aren't I a great quidditch player, like you and Dad?” she asked.

“What, that's crazy, you're only 11!' said Ginny.

“11 ½ Mum! Nana Wood said I should be practising more, that dad would practise at least 1-2 hours everyday. Nana said she was surprised you weren't making me do more. Mum, I love quidditch, but I don't think I want to play professionally like you and Dad did.”

“Honey, I want you to play quidditch because you love it. I didn't fly much at Hogwarts till my fourth year when I made the team. Actually I filled in for a game, and I had to play Seeker. The following year I made the team, and realised I was pretty good at it. In my last year, when I was thinking about a career, nothing really appealed, apart from quidditch, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was so surprised that I got in with the Harpies, I can tell you,” said Ginny, laughing.


“What about Dad?” asked Abby.

Ginny sighed. “From what Oliver told me, he was put on a broom pretty young and loved it. He was practically groomed to play quidditch. Grandpa Wood made up a training schedule for him which he did everyday. He was so happy when your Dad was made Gryffindor captain. I don't remember him at Hogwarts, but Oliver told me they were the best days,” said Ginny, stroking her daughter's hair.

“Even better than when he was with PU?” asked Abby. Ginny nodded.

“You have to understand, professional quidditch is a business. We train really hard, it kind of takes the fun out of it. It all becomes about the winning. Don't get me wrong, both your Dad and me had a lot of success, we were lucky. Poor Uncle Ron's been waiting years for the Chudley Cannon's to win a game, and the one game they've won in the last ten years, is the same day his son was born, so he missed it. Naturally, he is saying that Dan is the CC's good luck charm! Mind you, they haven't won a game since then!”

Both ladies burst out laughing at the thought of poor Ron and his love for the Chudley Cannons. Abby cuddled in to Ginny.

“Mum, do you miss Dad?” she asked.

“Of course I do. I hate that he's missed your first train ride to Hogwarts, going to Diagon Alley to get your wand. Those things are important to parents. You know he would have loved to have gotten you your first broomstick for school. He was a good man, and he was way too young to die.”

“Mum, I kind of forget what he was like. I mean, I know what he looked like, there's heaps of photos and news clippings at Nana's. It's just the everyday things I've forgotten. Am I bad? Nana said I should remember Dad always. I try Mum, honest.”

“Sweetie, it's okay, you've done nothing wrong. As long as you remember how much your dad loved you, and you loved him. He told me you were the best thing in the world to him. Seeing him with you, especially when you were a baby, those were great days. But he's gone, love. He would want you to move on and be happy, no matter what Nana Wood says. I think she misses him lots more since we lost Grandpa, and you're all she has left now,” said Ginny.

“Mum, do you think I'm pretty?” asked Abby in a complete change of topic.

“I think you're pretty and smart and pretty and beautiful and pretty and-

“Ok, ok, still, you're my mum so you have to say that!” laughed Abby.

“Why do you want to know?” asked Ginny.

“Well, there's this boy, you see, and he's really nice, well I think he's really nice. Jamie says he's a good guy but that he's not good enough for me. But I really like him Mum. I trust Jamie's opinion, he's my best friend, he's just looking out for me. But I really really like him Mum. What do I do?” wailed Abby.

“Well sweety, you ARE only 11, I think just get to know this guy better, and get Jamie and Scorpius to spend more time with him too, just as friends, mind you. You're too young for boyfriends, I thought we had this discussion?”

“We DID, and I'm 11 ½! I just want to hang out with him more, that's all,” assured Abby. Ginny felt relieved.

“That's fine sweety, just don't give up all your friends, just for one. There's plenty of time for all the rest, ok?”

Abby nodded. “Mum, who sent you the flowers and chocolates on Christmas Day?”

“Just a friend, love, just a friend,” said Ginny, smiling, thinking of Henry/Harry.


________________________________________ ____________

“What's the time, Mum?

“1 minute since you last asked me, so 8.28,” said Ginny, thumbing through the Daily Prophet.

“I can't wait to see Jamie. Did he really get a new broom for Christmas? I can't wait till he sees the Burrow, we'll be able to get lots of flying practice in. Oh, when will they get here?” groaned Abby.

“Abby-”

“I've got heaps to tell him. Do you think he'll like GP? I can't wait for him to meet Annie. Are you sure Scor hasn't owled Mum? Maybe he owled Jamie instead,” mused Abby.

“Abby-”

“If I ask Nana Molly, do you think she'll make him a treacle tart? It's his favourite, you know. Oh where are they? Mum, what's the time?”

“Abigail!”

Abby turned to look at her mum. “What, Mum?”

Ginny smiled and indicated with a nod, “They're here!”

Abby turned around and, sure enough, Jamie and his dad were standing by the floo. She ran over to Jamie and hugged him. His dad moved away to talk to her mum.

“Jamie, I've missed you. Happy New Year!” she said.

“Happy New Year, Abby!”


“Who's hungry?” called Ginny.

“Me, me,” cried both kids, and they moved to the small dining table. Cereal, toast and pancakes were already there, sausages and bacon were nearly ready.

“Wow, this looks amazing Mrs Wood,” said Jay.

“Thanks Jamie, good way to start the new year off, isn't it? Good food and good company,” she said cheerfully.

“I think the sausages and bacon are ready Ginny, you stay and eat, I'll get them,” said Henry, opening the draw for the tongs to turn the sausages and plate them up.

“Mum, have we got any more maple syrup, this one's finished?” asked Abby, holding up an empty bottle.

Yeah, I think so, I'll get it,” said Ginny, raising from her chair.

“Stay there, Gin, I'll get it, I'm already here,” said Henry. He opened the cupboard, took out the new bottle and brought it over, placing it in front of Abby. He went back and got the plate with the sausages and bacon, putting it in the middle of the table.

“Thanks Mr Evans,” said Abby thinking hard. She was wondering why Mr Evans seemed so comfortable in her house, he'd gone straight to the right cupboard to get the maple syrup without asking, and he knew where the tongs were. He really seemed to know his way around. Abby glanced at Jamie to see if he'd noticed anything but he was too busy eating. She sniffed, 'typical boy!'

While Henry and Ginny tidied the kitchen and did dishes (talking quietly to themselves, Abby noted), Abby and Jamie went into the lounge to talk.

“Gee, your dad and my mum are friendly, aren't they?” asked Abby, keen to see if Jamie had noticed.

“So? I think Dad's got a girlfriend. Mum's got a new boyfriend, too,” said Jay, grumpily

Abby wrinkled her nose. “Aren't they too old to have boyfriends and girlfriends?”

Jay shrugged, and changed the subject. “So is your uncle still here, the dragon tamer?” he asked eagerly.

Abby shrugged, “I'm not sure, I haven't been to the Burrow for a couple of days, Mum and I have been busy. Mum says we'll definitely go visit in the summer hols. I hope you can come too?”

Jay scowled. “Dunno, Dad says I've got to spend loads of time with Mum, cos she misses me. Ha, that's a laugh, she was all over her boyfriend at Christmas time, didn't worry too much about me at all.”

“Did she give you nice presents?” asked Abby curiously.

“Mostly clothes. I got an iPod too, which is pretty cool, until I realised I can't take it with me to Hogwarts. I'll have to leave it at Dad's, so what's the use of having it?”

“What's an iPod?” asked Abby and Ginny at the same time.

“You can load music, photos and movies on it, you put earphones on and only you can hear it, I'll show you later, I brought it with me,” said Jay, pleased to be able to show them something new.

“Have you heard from Scor?” asked Abby, changing the subject, not really understanding what an iPod was.

Jay nodded. “He had a good Christmas, he got a broomstick too, same as mine. He's still keen to meet us in Diagon Alley day after tomorrow.”

“Good, although there might be a change of plans but Mum said she'll owl Scor's parents if there is,” said Abby.

She watched her mum laughing withJay's dad as they had a coffee and did the crossword in the paper together. 'Something about them just seemed so right,' thought Abby.

“What's your Dad's girlfriend like?” asked Abby.

“Dunno, haven't met her. I think it's pretty new, he's never had a girlfriend before, not that I know of. I just know he sent her flowers and chocolates Christmas Day. C'mon, I'll show you my broom,” said Jay.

'Interesting, very interesting,' thought Abby with a smile.


























Reviews 149
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear