Search:

SIYE Time:23:24 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bound
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Rape, Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 357
Summary: The battle is over, there is life to be lived, peace to be enjoyed and trouble following close at their heels.

Ginny hasn't seen Harry since the dust settled from the battles with Voldemort, but when an unexpected piece of news draws them together will they be driven apart or become bound?

Follows Canon to the best of my knowledge.

The warnings are just to be safe. I don't know that they're all needed, but I'm putting them up just to cover my bases. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me.
Hitcount: Story Total: 139164; Chapter Total: 8114
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thank you to James for all of your help!

Thank you again everyone for reviewing! I am still on cloud 9 over the Silver Trinket Awards! It's such a great feeling. I hope you enjoy this chapter and finally get a taste of what's going out side of Ginny's knowledge. Let me know what you think.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Thursday June 11th

The stadium seated courtroom was packed, the air heavy with humanity and body heat. Harry sat with Hermione and Ron to one side, Arthur on the other. They were seated near the top of the courtroom as Death Eater after Death Eater was marched before them. Witnesses were called, sentences handed down and on it went with only a short break for lunch.

Everyone had a trial. Harry had insisted on it and Kingsley had agreed. Even when everyone knew someone was guilty, they still were given a chance to mount a defense. He scanned the crowds around the room while waiting for the next prisoner to be brought in. There was a woman across the room crying softly into her handkerchief, her blond hair shaking loose from its knot as she cried, while a dark haired woman next to her patted her consolingly on the back. He elbowed Hermione.

“What?” She asked, looking at him.

“Who are they?” Harry asked, indicating the woman.

Hermione sighed. “That’s Crabbe and Goyle’s mothers. Goyle’s trial is up next.”

Harry didn’t get a chance to say just how unlike their sons they looked when the doors opened and Goyle lumbered in. He sat in the chair and the chains snaked up around him.

“Gregory Goyle,” Percy Weasley read, acting as the court’s clerk for the day. “You are charged with being a Death Eater, with participating in dark magic and with the torture of your fellow students at Hogwarts. How do you plead?”

“Guilty,” Goyle mumbled.

Harry knew why he was doing it. Most of the Death Eaters were pleading guilty in order to get a life sentence in Azkaban. If the person went to trial and was found guilty, they were given a death sentence.

He’d argued until he was blue trying to get that revoked, but Kingsley’s hands were tied. Most of the wizarding community was in favor of it and demanding swift and severe action. Harry had, however, been sorely tempted to push Umbridge through the death veil in the Department of Mysteries. Watching her plead guilty had been somewhat satisfying.

Kingsley stood. “Gregory Goyle this court finds you guilty of your crimes. We are sentencing you to life in prison without the possibility of parole.”

Goyle’s mother began to sob even harder, as Crabbe’s mother’s face hardened. Harry felt inextricably sorry for them even though he knew they’d probably contributed to their sons’ bad behavior.

Goyle was led away from the court by an Auror that Harry only vaguely recognized, since he was currently on duty at Azkaban.

Next up was Alecto Carrow who pled not guilty. Harry turned to look at Ron and Hermione, both of whom looked equally stunned. Her lawyer got up and started making a case that she was a teacher, not a Death Eater and that she was simply following Snape’s orders. It was complete rubbish.

Neville got up and gave testimony to the torture, along Luna and several other students, which the lawyer tried to get thrown out.

The lawyer, a balding man with a shiny face, said, “I call Ginevra Weasley to the stand.”

Harry blinked in surprise before looking at Kingsley, who had risen. “Mrs. Potter is too ill to be in court. We have a signed affidavit by two healers verifying that.”

“She is one of the accusers and my client has the right to face her accusers. If she is not present, I would move that my client’s case be thrown out. The shame of carrying a bastard is not an excuse to get out of legal matters nor does it count as an illness.” Then he smirked, looking around to see who else was enjoying the joke. “She can’t be that ill if she’s not in St. Mungo’s.”

Harry would have leapt from his seat and cursed the man if both Hermione and Arthur hadn’t grabbed him. No one was laughing, although several people were throwing Harry furtive looks.

“That was out of line,” Kingsley growled. “You will refrain from such statements or face prosecution for disrupting my court. Am I understood?”

Harry had never seen the minister quite so ferocious. He watched the lawyer wither under his stare.

The lawyer, whom Harry was sorry he hadn’t caught the name of so he could hunt him down later, said, “That does not negate-”

To his utter shock Harry saw Martha stand up, her face a stern mask as she stared down the lawyer. He hadn’t even noticed her before.

“The court recognizes Martha Sterling, Healer and midwife,” Percy said, glancing around at her.

“I have given a written statement that Mrs. Potter is too ill to attend these proceedings. I will state it now before this court.” The solid midwife glared down at the lawyer who withered under Kingsley’s stare.

“The Ministry accepts your testimony, Healer Sterling,” Kingsley told her. “Payton, your argument for your client’s case to be thrown out is not valid. We cannot call a witness who is too ill to give testimony when there is ample evidence without her testimony.”

“We would like a new trial date set,” the odious Payton spit out.

Kingsley hesitated and Harry suddenly realized why. “Healer Sterling, do we know when Mrs. Potter will be fit to attend court proceedings?”

“No, Minister,” Martha said as she held herself straight and tall. Harry could see that she didn’t want to answer. “It would be unlikely that she would be well enough in the next six months.”

Murmurs started flowing around the court and Harry stared above their heads, trying to keep his face blank. He didn’t care what they thought of him; he never had. But it ate at him that anyone would think badly of Ginny, would think their baby was anything to be ashamed of.

Hermione didn’t touch him. He knew she wanted to. He could feel that she wanted to comfort him but Rita was watching, her eyes practically tunneling into Harry, waiting for any sign of weakness.

“Order in the court,” Percy called out.

Once everyone had fallen silent, Kingsley spoke. “Mrs. Potter’s testimony is not going to change the verdict. Her written statement from when Ms. Carrow was charged mirrors what Mr. Longbottom has already testified to today. I would ask the Wizengamot vote to dismiss Mrs. Potter’s testimony from evidence and proceed with the verdict. All in favor?”

Every hand of the Wizengamot members went up instantly. A unanimous vote.

“Mrs. Potter’s testimony is dismissed,” Percy said, making a note.

“Very well,” Kingsley said. “All those who find Alecto Carrow guilty of crimes against humanity, please raise your hand.”

Every member of the Wizengamot raised their hand. Percy noted it down as Kingsley stood. “Alecto Carrow, you have been found guilty of crimes against humanity. You will be remanded to Azkaban for one month and then you will be put to death.”

Alecto started screaming as the Aurors removed her from the courtroom, as she flailed about and screamed at the top of her lungs of her innocence. It was pitiful and painful to watch. Or it would have been if she weren’t a murderer.

Hermione put her hand up to her mouth to conceal what she was saying. “That was painful.”

Harry nodded, but Ron only snorted.

Unsurprisingly when Amicus Carrow was brought in, he pled guilty and took the lesser sentence.

As court broke up, Neville hurried over to catch up with him. “Harry, I need to speak to you.” His eyes showed concern but only because Harry he knew him well enough to see it there.

“Here or-”

Neville cut Harry off. “No, not for the public to hear.”

“Now, or can it wait?” Harry asked, puzzled.

“It can wait a few hours,” Neville told him cryptically.

Harry nodded. “Come to dinner tonight. Ron and Hermione are coming over. I’ll invite Luna.”

Neville nodded grimly and said he’d be there. Harry was thankful that Arthur had already given Neville the secret to Ivy Run or they’d have to fiddle with that. On the whole he liked having his home so well protected, but it did make inviting company over a little difficult.

By the time Harry arrived home, he was exhausted and in desperate need of a shower. He greeted Mrs. Weasley who was knitting on one of the sofas in the sitting room. She looked up at him, her eyes full of sympathy. “Hard day?”

He flopped into one of the arm chairs and closed his eyes. “Pretty lousy. They tried to call Ginny.”

“What?” Molly stammered.

“It’s alright, Kingsley took care of it,” Harry said wearily. “Listen Molly, I just need a quick shower and then I’ll be ready for the evening.”

“Go,” Molly waved him off. “Ginny is still out and has been most of the day. I did manage to get some oatmeal into her, though. Audrey stopped in to check on her since Martha was in court and she’s thinking that Martha is going to put the line in tomorrow. Ginny’s down about 5lbs.”

Harry nearly fell off his chair. “What!?”

Molly shook her head. “Audrey said it was normal and will go right back up with the line in. She’s going to talk to Martha tonight about it.” Molly stood and came over to hug him and he pulled her in close. “Don’t worry about this part, Harry. Audrey isn’t going to lie to us to make us feel better. She says the line will help.”

“Okay,” he croaked into her shoulder.

“Now, go shower!” She grinned as she pushed him towards the stairs.

After he’d finished and changed into shorts and t-shirt, he checked to make sure Ginny was still asleep and he went down to see if he could help Kreacher with the dinner preparations since there would be four extra people tonight. He waved to Molly as she left before turning back to the house elf.

“Master does not need to help Kreacher,” he got told sternly before being pushed out of the kitchen.

Not at all sorry to leave the task to Kreacher, he went back up to lie down next to Ginny and rest for a bit before his friends got there. He fell asleep the instant his head hit the pillow and he didn’t wake again until her timer went off twenty minutes later.

Harry reached over for the potion as Ginny stretched and opened her eyes. “Hey,” she said smiling sleepily at him. “When did you get home?”

He leaned down and kissed her, letting the day slip away in the feel of her lips. “A while ago. Here,” he said, handing her the potion.

She drank. “How was training today?”

“More boring than I could possibly tell you,” Harry said, hating the lie even as he knew it was necessary. “I do hope the job is more interesting than this.”

“Bound to be,” she said, snuggling into his arms, running a cold foot up his bare leg and her freezing fingers up the back of his shirt onto his warm skin.

Harry swore loudly, even as he pulled her in closer to warm her up. “That’s a dirty trick.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Ginny giggled.

“Are you feeling any better today?” He asked, trying not to recoil from her icy foot sliding further up his thigh.

“A bit,” she promised, kissing his neck. “I love you.”

“I’m not sure that sticking your frozen hands on me counts as love,” he told her dryly.

“Of course it does,” Ginny said smiling. “It’s true love.”

“Uh-huh,” Harry said unconvinced even as a smile tugged at his lips. He was glad she was joking around. “If you’re up for it Luna and Neville are coming for dinner tonight.”

She looked up at him, excitement in her eyes. “Yeah?”

“Yeah,” he said. “Problem is you’re still going to be in bed.”

She blew out a breath, puffing out her cheeks in frustration. “I know, but they can come up and see me if I’m awake. I’d love some company.”

“I’m not company enough?”

“You’re not company at all,” she said rolling her eyes as she chuckled playfully. “You’re my foot warmer.”

Everyone arrived a few minutes later and came up to see Ginny. Harry had helped her to sit up in bed and she hugged Neville. “I didn’t get to say much to you at the wedding,” she said, grinning broadly at him.

“No, but you looked beautiful,” Neville promised. “You left Harry stuttering.”

“Hey!” Harry protested.

Ginny laughed and they spoke for a few minutes until Harry saw her starting to tire out. Luna saw it too and said, “Ginny’s tired; everyone out.”

Harry helped her back into bed and told her he’d be up with her dinner in a bit. He lingered over a kiss but she was already falling asleep.

Closing the door, he made his way down to the kitchen to see Luna patting Neville on the back as he sat with his head down at the table. “She’s okay, Neville. She’s just really weak,” Luna told him, her large silvery eyes a little misted.

Neville looked over at Harry and he saw that Neville looked devastated. “She looks so… so different, so hollow. Even at the wedding she looked better than this.”

“That’s why we warned you,” Luna told him. “You did a good job of hiding your shock.”

“Neville,” Ron began but stopped, clearly not knowing what to say.

Neville swiped his eyes on his shoulder before speaking. “Ginny was a rock for me last year,” He told them. “She is one of the strongest people I know and to see her like this is just…” his voice faded out.

Harry nodded, unable to speak. He knew exactly what Neville meant.

Hermione walked over and hugged Neville and to Harry’s surprise Neville broke down completely. “Shh, it’s just a shock. You haven’t seen her on her good days.”

“I’m sorry,” Neville said, pulling himself together. “You know, she didn’t talk much about you last year, Harry, but every time she did I could just see how much she missed you and now you’re together but… why is she so sick? Pregnancy doesn’t usually do this, does it?”

Harry stared at him helplessly, before turning to Hermione. He thought if he spoke he’d break down crying too.

“Sit down,” Hermione said gently, leading him to a chair.

Ron went over to a cabinet and got out a bottle of Rosmerta’s Oak Matured Mead while Kreacher pulled out wine glasses that Harry didn’t even know he owned. Pouring out some for everyone they all sat and Hermione began to explain it all to Neville.

Harry didn’t drink much. He’d need to be clear headed to care for Ginny through the night if she needed him, but he did sip at the mead, letting it smooth out the edges from the day.

As Hermione talked what little color he had drained from Neville’s face until he was white as a ghost. “Holy hell,” Neville muttered. “I just… woah. I don’t want to be crass, but I just assumed it was a post battle celebration, you know?”

“No,” Harry said gruffly, at this point really wishing their baby had been created that way. They’d have been a little embarrassed and the family would have been disappointed in them for a while, but they’d have gotten over it with the arrival of the baby. Ginny would be safe and healthy and their baby’s life wouldn’t be in danger.

“No one knows about this, right?” Neville asked.

They all shook their heads. “It’s been kept really quiet,” Harry told him. “We don’t want the baby to find out how it got here. That’s not fair to a kid.”

“Good,” Neville said taking a deep breath. “The thing is… Rita Skeeter is writing a book about you.”

“Bloody hell,” Ron swore.

Hermione looked resigned. “She was always going to do it; it was just a matter of time. What happened, Neville?”

“She sent me an owl, asking for an interview,” he told them. “I didn’t even bother to reply. I thought it was just for the Daily Prophet. Then yesterday she tracked me down at my house and tried to bribe me to tell her stuff about you.”

Luna sighed. “Yes, she did the same thing to me.”

They all looked at her. “Why didn’t you tell us?” Hermione asked incredulously.

“You didn’t need anything else to worry about,” Luna said simply. “She was very angry when I said I wasn’t going to talk to her.”

“I’m sorry, Luna,” Harry said honestly.

Luna smiled. “It isn’t your fault, Harry.”

“No,” Ron said firmly. “You didn’t ask that cow to write about you. You two should have taken the money and told her how bloody great Harry is,” Ron said bitterly.

Hermione glared at him, her nose wrinkled in disgust. “She’d only have spun it to make them all look awful. It’s better to ignore her.”

Harry looked around at his friends and knew they were right. “We have to keep this from Ginny.”

“We will,” Hermione assured him. “All your mail is still being stopped at the ministry and no one can get in here. You can only floo in and out through the Burrow and you can’t Apparate here or walk in unless you’re in on the secret. She only learns what we tell her.”

Neville opened his mouth and then shut it again, but Harry knew what he’d been about to ask. “If Ginny gets upset she gets really sick,” Harry explained. “We can’t tell her what’s going on or we risk her miscarrying, maybe even dying herself. She doesn’t know any of what’s been going on except for what happened initially.”

Neville sat back and ran his hands through his hair, “This is such a mess. So you two were forced to marry?”

“No!” Harry said honestly. “I mean, yes, but not really. I love Ginny and she loves me. It wasn’t a hardship having to marry her.”

Neville nodded. “Who the ruddy hell would do this to you two?”

“That is a great question,” Ron said before groaning with pleasure at the steak and kidney pie that Kreacher put before him. “Kreacher, you are the best!”

Kreacher handed out the other plates at they all thanked him. “Would Master like anything else?”

“We’re good, Kreacher,” Harry assured him. “You should take a break. We can clear this up.”

Kreacher nodded and shuffled off towards his cupboard as they dug into their dinner.

“Ginny thinks I’m still training right now,” Harry told them. “I didn’t tell her about court today.”

Hermione nodded. “Got it, you’re just training like normal and that it’s boring and a lot of book work.”

“It’s a good thing she forgot about the trials,” Neville said between bites. “Writing up those statements after the battle was horrible.”

“What happened to her shoulder?” Harry asked suddenly. “I didn’t want to ask her and get her upset. She’s doing a good job of blocking that stuff out. Do you know?”

Neville and Luna exchanged a dark look. “Yeah, that was Alecto,” Neville explained. “After one of our stunts, she had a couple of first years chained up. Ginny broke in to free them and got caught. Alecto had her in chains for two days, stabbing her in her right shoulder with a blade dipped in spider venom.”

“Oh God,” Hermione breathed out, her hands flying up to her mouth. Harry thought he might be sick and pushed his dinner away from him. Ron was white as a sheet.

“We finally got her out of there,” Luna said. “It took us awhile to figure out where she was keeping Ginny. By the time we got her to Madam Pomfrey the scar was permanent. Alecto told Ginny she was going to ruin her Quidditch arm, but Alecto was a bit stupid. The spider venom stung and left scars on Ginny’s skin, but didn’t do anything to the muscles.”

“Ginny was so cool over it,” Neville said. “She just shrugged it off like it was no big deal. She and Luna missed out on the really nasty things that started to happen after Easter.”

“What happened?” Ron asked, stunned.

Neville nearly bent his fork in half; he was gripping it so hard. “Crabbe and Goyle and a few of the other Slytherins started assaulting some of the girls of the DA.”

Bile rose in Harry’s throat. “How many?”

He shrugged. “I stopped a few, so did Seamus and a few of the other blokes. After that started happening most moved in to the Room of Requirement.” Neville looked as sick as Harry felt as he stared up at the celling. “Crabbe definitely raped one girl. I don’t know who it was. The DA girls knew and took care of her, told us boys to keep out of it which we decided was best. She didn’t need us to know who she was. It would have only made her feel worse, I’m sure.”

“Oh my,” Hermione said again as fat tears flowed down her face. Ron put his arm around her shoulder.

Harry hated that he was glad Ginny hadn’t been there for that. He shouldn’t be glad when he knew that someone else had suffered so much. “At least Crabbe got what he deserved.”

Hermione shuddered and wiped her eyes with her napkin. “Was Malfoy involved in all of that, Neville?”

“Not that I ever heard. He mostly kept to himself and stayed out of the Carrows’ way,” Neville said. “I hardly ever saw him to be honest. He’d definitely lost a lot of favor with the other Death Eater kids and the Carrows.”

“What are we going to do about Rita Skeeter?” Ron asked suddenly.

Harry scowled down at the table but a fully formed plan had already sprung into his mind. “I’m going to offer her a trade.”

“What?” Hermione, Ron and Neville spluttered out together.

“I’m going to offer to tell her about Snape, the whole story, as long as she keeps anything nasty about Ginny out of the book,” Harry told them. “I think it’s a fair trade and it gets Snape’s name cleared.”

“You can’t make a deal with her, Harry,” Hermione warned. “She’s a snake! She’s not to be trusted.”

Harry shrugged. “I can just arrest her if she annoys me. She is an unregistered animagus.”

They all looked at him for a moment before Luna started laughing. “I think that’s very smart.”

Hermione didn’t look convinced but she let it go. “You can’t go alone.”

“No,” Ron agreed. “I’ll go with you under the cloak.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, that’s a good idea.”

Hermione looked at her watch. “It’s late. Do you want some help getting Ginny to eat?”

Harry shook his head. “I have it. Molly says she’s getting the line put in tomorrow.”

She nodded sadly. “I thought that would happen. I asked Audrey about it last night after we got back to the Burrow. She was there with Percy until nearly midnight.”

“I need to get going,” Neville said, standing up. “I have a meeting with McGonagall tomorrow before court about teaching Herbology. Professor Sprout wants to retire in a year and wants me to come on as her student teacher.”

“You’d be great at that, Neville,” Ron grinned.

“I hope so, as long as I can get the first years to handle the Mandrakes without losing consciousness,” Neville said as they walked towards the door and the long walk out to where they could Disapparate.
Reviews 357
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear