Search:

SIYE Time:23:41 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bound
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Rape, Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 351
Summary: The battle is over, there is life to be lived, peace to be enjoyed and trouble following close at their heels.

Ginny hasn't seen Harry since the dust settled from the battles with Voldemort, but when an unexpected piece of news draws them together will they be driven apart or become bound?

Follows Canon to the best of my knowledge.

The warnings are just to be safe. I don't know that they're all needed, but I'm putting them up just to cover my bases. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me.
Hitcount: Story Total: 138864; Chapter Total: 8344
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thanks James for all your help

More trials, in more than one way... this chapter is sort of a bridge to the next. I hope you enjoy it, let me know. I love getting feedback and I do respond to every review. Questions, comment, always welcome!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Friday June 12th

Testifying at the Malfoys’ trails left Harry drained and wishing for the end of the day. He told them what he knew, what he’d seen Draco do at the top of the tower and how Narcissa had saved his life. He didn’t sugar coat it, but he also didn’t lie. He told the members of the Wizengamot about how none of the Malfoy’s fought at the end when he’d killed Voldemort, and he told of the horrors that they had committed. He’d wanted to tell them about Voldemort’s diary, but Hermione had squashed that one by pointing out that there was no proof and as Ginny’s husband, he was biased. There were countless other witnesses but Harry knew his testimony was key in their trials.

It had taken nearly an hour of deliberation on the part of the Wizengamot for a sentence to be handed down. Narcissa Malfoy was given ten years of probation and five thousand hours of community service to be completed within five years. Draco was given sixty days in Azkaban, ten years of probation and five thousand hours of community service. Lucius Malfoy was given a year in Azkaban along with the probation and community service.

Harry sat stunned as the Malfoys were led from the court room. He didn’t know what to think about what had happened but there wasn’t time to think it through now. The next prisoners were brought in and the trials continued.

When they’d finished for the day Harry walked back to his desk to check in with his trainer and to see the state of his inbox. All of the post that made it through the ministry screening process landed on his desk. What he was left with today was what looked like a formal invitation.

Frowning, Harry slit it opened and pulled out the card within and read. “No,” he breathed out.

“What?” Ron asked, coming up behind him. Harry held it up for him to see. “Damn,” Ron swore. “A ball? Do you think I’m going to have to go too? When is it?”

“On June 27th which is…” Harry checked the calendar. “Two weeks from now,” he groaned. “I don’t want to go. They can’t make me, right?” He asked, somewhat desperately.

Ron glanced down at him pityingly. “You’re not going to get out of it, Harry. You’re the hero.”

“But Ginny won’t be able to go,” Harry grumbled. “I don’t want to go to one of these things without her.”

His best mate clapped him on the back. “Are you going to tell her about it?”

Oh. He hadn’t thought of that. “I suppose I will. I can’t go if I can’t find someone to stay with her, though,” he said, suddenly hopeful.

“You’re not getting out of it,” Ron said firmly. “No way.”

“Maybe I can get Audrey to write me a note,” Harry said grinning at the thought.

Laughing, Ron turned away. “Good luck with that.” Harry stood to go, and found Kingsley standing there. “Sir.”

Kingsley smiled ruefully. “I see you got your invitation. Ron, you’ll have one waiting at home.” Ron groaned and waved as he walked off.

Harry looked down at it, annoyed. “Why is there going to be a ball?”

“To build morale and celebrate the end, while honoring those we lost,” the Minister said in his slow, deep voice. “I’m here to inform you that your attendance is required and to make sure you don’t find a way to get out of it.”

“Great,” Harry muttered, then remembered he’d wanted to ask Kingsley something. “Listen, I found out that Rita Skeeter is writing a book about me. Do you care if I make a deal with her to try to keep anything bad about Ginny out of the book?”

His dark eyes showed only amusement. “Do what you want Harry. I trust you. I appreciate the warning, though.”

Harry nodded and started gathering his things. “So you really came down here just to invite me to this ball?” he asked, the invitation crumpling in his fist.

Kingsley clapped him on the back as they walked out of his cubicle. “Several members on the ball’s committee thought you were unlikely to come.”

“What about if I get a Healer to say I’m ill?” He asked hopefully.

“Not even then,” the older man laughed. “You faced down Voldemort without any hesitation. This won’t be that bad.” Then after a pause, “Maybe it will be.”

~*~

Ginny stared at the wall, her book forgotten when she’d grown too tired to hold it up. They didn’t have any paintings or decorations, just a framed photo that her mum had brought over that morning from their wedding. It was of Harry holding her at the reception, grinning down at her. They looked happy.

She traced a finger along the stitching of the quilt, trying to keep her mind as blank as possible and to not let the worry creep in, or the grief of all they had lost spill out.

The sun was setting. She could see the last rays coming through her door from a window at the end of the hall as she lay there, too tired to do anything, but not tired enough to sleep.

Ginny tried to picture their baby. If she closed her eyes, she always saw a little girl with dark hair and green eyes, giggling as Harry pushed her on a rope swing hung from one of the trees she could see out their bedroom window. She didn’t know for sure, but just had a feeling that the baby was a girl.

Sighing as she caught the scent of the trees through the window her mother had left cracked for her, she opened her eyes and stretched. Ginny longed to go and sit in the garden, to get some fresh air, to ride her broom, but she couldn’t even make it to the loo right now.

She rolled over and felt the feeding line pull on her arm before stretching to allow her to move. Ginny glanced up at her newest addition and tried not to grimace. It was a clear bag with milky colored liquid inside that flowed slowly into the line that fed into her upper arm. She did feel better with it. She was getting food straight into her blood and her potions came in through the little dripping line. The bag needed to be replenished every twelve hours, but at least this way she didn’t have to wake up to take potions in the middle of the night anymore.

Ginny didn’t like it, but tried to ignore the feeling of being a failure that she couldn’t do this on her own. It doesn’t matter, she reminded herself sternly. Her ego was not important in any of this. What mattered was that the baby got fed.

She sensed a movement and glanced over to the door to see Harry watching her. She tried to smile but her lips trembled instead. Stop! She ordered herself. He doesn’t need to see you as a watering pot! It didn’t help. A single tear slid traitorously down her cheek.

Harry walked over and knelt beside her, carefully avoiding the feeding line. He kissed her, wiping away the tear with his thumb. “What’s wrong?”

Ginny shook her head, not wanting to tell him how stupid she was being.

“You can tell me,” he said.

“I’m being ridiculous,” she whispered and looked away.

He gently pulled her chin around to look at him. “Nothing you do is ridiculous.”

“I feel like I’m failing,” Ginny blurted out, pointing to the bag above her head. “I can’t do this on my own.”

Harry’s eyes were straight on hers. “You aren’t supposed to be doing this on your own.”

“I’m supposed to be able to stay pregnant on my own,” Ginny whispered.

Harry kissed her. “Not this time. This isn’t a normal pregnancy,” he said gently. “No one could do this on their own, Gin. That’s not got anything to do with you.”

“Yeah,” she agreed, knowing he was right but it didn’t lessen the guilt. She looked up at the feeding line’s bag. “I’m never going to get outside with this.”

Harry sat back on his heels, staring up at the metal stand and hook that held the bag. “I can get you outside with all of this stuff.”

“Really?” Ginny asked, finally starting to feel hopeful. “I really miss sitting out in the sun.”

“What did Martha say?”

“I didn’t ask,” Ginny admitted. “I was barely awake when she was here and didn’t realize how much I wanted to go out until a little while ago.”

“We’ll ask her tomorrow morning then,” Harry said as he stood and went over to the dresser for his jeans and a t-shirt. Ginny watched him change out of his Auror’s robes, trying not to wish for things that couldn’t happen. He grinned at her. “Are you supposed to eat anything?”

“I can if I want to,” Ginny told him. “I’m allowed to eat unless I think I’m going to be sick.”

He sat down on his side of the bed, the mattress dipping a bit under his weight. “Do you want anything to eat?”

She shook her head. “I feel kind of queasy still.”

“Okay,” Harry said easily. “If I eat up here will that be okay?”

Ginny bit her lip, not sure why she felt like crying again. “Yeah.”

“I’ll be back shortly, then,” he said, going out and coming back a few minutes later with a tray. He propped a pillow up against the headboard and sat next to her. “The ministry is having a ball,” he told her and she saw the sour look in his eyes.

“Do you have to go?” Ginny asked, trying not to smile at his obvious annoyance.

“Yeah,” he grumbled, taking a bite of sprouts. “Kingsley himself told me that I was going.”

She patted his arm consolingly. “When is it?”

“In two weeks,” he told her, glancing down at her. “You’re probably not going to be able to go.”

Ginny shrugged that off. “I wouldn’t have wanted to go anyway.”

“Really?” He asked.

“Really,” she told him honestly. “It’s undoubtedly going to be a mixture of happy and sad and I’m not really up for that.”

“You’re probably right,” he agreed and didn’t comment when she snagged a carrot and began nibbling on it. “How was your day, otherwise?”

“I slept through most of it, tried to read,” Ginny sighed, taking the book and putting it on her nightstand. “How about your day?”

“Same as yesterday,” he said between bites. “I missed you,” Harry said, glancing down at her. “I just wanted to leave and come home to be with you.”

She stared up into his green eyes, eyes that never failed to pull her in. “That’s excellent. I didn’t want to be the only pathetic one.”

“Pathetic, huh?” Harry chuckled, raising an eyebrow.

“You know,” Ginny said, picking at a piece of lint on his shirt. “I can’t just be sitting at home missing you. It’s pathetic. But if you’re doing that too, then it isn’t so bad.”

“I think it’s probably normal at this point. If you weren’t pregnant and the country weren’t in turmoil trying to rebuild we’d be on a honeymoon right now.” Harry said, looking pensive. “Then we’d have several weeks to get sick of each other.”

“I suppose so,” Ginny agreed, trying to picture what that would be like. Except for trips to visit her brothers after they’d left Hogwarts she’d never really gone on a holiday. Come to that, Harry probably hadn’t either. “We should do that sometime.”

“What? Get sick of each other?” He asked, grinning.

“No, go on a holiday,” Ginny said, turning onto her back to relieve the tingles in her arm from lying on it.

Harry set the tray down and pulled her into his arms. She had to move her arm around carefully. Even though there was no chance of pulling out the feeding line from her arm, it still didn’t feel delightful when it got pulled. “Sorry. This is going to take some getting used to.”

“I’ll have to cart this thing to the loo and if I’m ever allowed to shower, it will have to come along there too.” Ginny told him morosely. “I really want a shower. The cleaning charms just don’t feel the same.”

“You probably couldn’t stand up for it,” Harry reminder her.

“You could hold me up,” she said, smiling mischievously. “I’ve heard lots of couples shower together.”

Harry groaned, closing his eyes. “You’re trying to do me in, aren’t you?”

“Never,” she assured him, “and I’m torturing myself just as much as you.”

“Really?” He said a light in his eyes.

Ginny nodded and kissed the underside of his chin. “You need to shave.”

“I will later,” he said. “We will go,” Harry said suddenly.

“Come again?” Ginny asked, confused.

“On holiday,” he explained, running his hand through her hair. “We’ll go when the baby is a few months old.”

Ginny bit her lip. “I don’t think I’m going to want to leave the baby that soon.”

Harry shook his head. “No, I meant all three of us will go. We can do a proper honeymoon when the baby is a lot older and happy to ditch us for your parents.”

“That sounds good,” Ginny yawned.

“Go to sleep,” Harry whispered in her hair. “We’ve got all weekend to get sick of each other.”

She laughed and closed her eyes.

~*~

Saturday June 13th

“You’re back up 2lbs in weight,” Martha said, clearly pleased as she examined Ginny. “You’re also seven weeks along today.”

Harry watched Ginny grin at that. “I guess the line is working.”

“It is, and it’s going to keep working,” Martha assured her. “It isn’t optimal since it really limits what the mother can do, but since you’re going to be staying here anyway it isn’t going to be as much of a restriction.”

“Ginny wanted to go outside for a bit. Would that be okay?” Harry asked.

The midwife smiled and nodded. “It would be good for her as long as you carry her down. If you unhook the bag, you can carry her and it, and then come back up for the pole. Don’t try levitating it down by magic with you. If you don’t have full control and pull on the line it really hurts.” Martha waved her wand down Ginny again. “You can sit on one of those lovely lawn chairs that I saw outside.”

Harry tried to picture it but then then gave it up as he hadn’t really looked around out back much. Hermione must have gotten them.

“Let’s take a look at the baby,” Martha said and she performed the magic that let them see their child.

The baby was definitely getting bigger, Harry thought as he gazed in wonder again on the dancing lights. He could see eyes and tiny arms. Unconsciously he took Ginny’s hand and squeezed it. “She’s beautiful,” he said in awe.

Martha grinned. “Well we don’t know if she’s a she yet. That takes another five weeks or so before I can tell, but the baby is definitely beautiful.”

Harry kissed Ginny. He didn’t know how to tell her all he was feeling, but she seemed to understand anyway. Her eyes shown as she looked up into his face.

“If you keep putting on weight like this you might even start to get a belly,” Martha said finally and they both looked at her. “You’re so thin and short that you’ll probably show early.”

“I’m looking forward to that,” Ginny laughed.

After Martha left, Harry unhooked the bag to Ginny’s feed line and picked her up. Ginny held the bag in one arm as they made their way out of their bedroom.

“Oh,” Ginny said in amazement. “It’s beautiful!”

“I forgot you haven’t seen the rest of the house,” Harry said suddenly remembering. “Here’s the sitting room,” he told her carrying her over to the sparse room. “The couches are really comfortable,” he told her before carrying her over to the kitchen. He looked down and saw her eyes widen.

“I love it,” she said in awe. “It’s perfect!”

Grinning, feeling inordinately pleased that he could give her what she wanted, he took her out the kitchen door into the back garden. He saw the chairs that Hermione must have gotten and set Ginny in the one that was mostly under the tree. She was able to lean back and put her feet up. She closed her eyes and turned her face up to the sun, sighing happily.

“I’ll be back in a minute,” Harry promised, but by the time he got to the door Kreacher was there with the pole. “Kreacher, thanks.”

Kreacher bowed, “Shall I bring out some pumpkin juice, Master?”

“That would be great,” Harry said as he walked back to Ginny with the pole.

She looked so comfortable, with the sun highlighting her bright red hair. Harry set the pole down and hooked up her bag. “Thank you,” she said without opening her eyes.

“Anything for you,” Harry told her.

“That’s so corny,” Ginny replied mildly, not even bothering to open her eyes as she basked in the mild day. “But since you’re being so generous, I think we need a rope swing.”

Harry looked up at the tree and walked around it, finding a branch that would be perfect for a swing. “That’s a good idea.”

“I generally have them,” she assured him. “Merlin, I am so happy to be outside.”

He looked up at the branch again and pondered how to go about putting in a swing. Arthur would probably have an idea.

When he turned back to ask her a questions Harry saw that Ginny had fallen asleep. She looked so peaceful that he just watched her for a minute. Grinning, he went to the small tool shed that was along the back of the house near the kitchen window. Upon inspection he found it fully stocked. The previous owners must have left everything behind. He got out pruning shears to start tackling the overgrown ivy. He didn’t even contemplate using magic. He had nothing but time right now, and oddly enough he missed doing yard work and there was definitely something satisfying about doing yard work in his own yard.

It took him about an hour to beat back the ivy along the back wall. Harry stood back to admire his work and grabbing the glass of pumpkin juice that Kreacher had brought out and downing it in one go. After he’d made a pile, he vanished the clippings and went back to the tool shed, digging through to see what else he could find. When he spotted the rope, he pulled on it and found to his amusement that it was a rope swing.

Harry carried it over to the tree and stared up, trying to figure out how he was going to get it up there. He wasn’t yet good enough with levitating himself to be steady enough to secure the rope. Pointing his wand towards another shed he said, “Accio broom.” His complimentary Firebolt that the company had given him for killing Voldemort sped towards him and he hopped on, floating up with the swing to attach it to the limb. Harry went back down to the ground and stood up on the wooden swing, hopping on it to make sure he’d tied the ropes tight enough.

It held.

Harry grinned at the swing and checked on Ginny, but she was curled in the chair, her head pillowed on her arm. He grabbed the broom and mounted, wanting to fly up and see the land around the house, reveling in the feeling of being back in the air. He’d walked the perimeter when they’d set up the protective spells, but he hadn’t seen it from the air yet. He took off and soared up above the trees, just high enough to see the forest around him.

Harry flew over the stream and the bridge that was about a hundred feet from the house, over the small clearing where the benches were grouped and out the back. He looped around to the front of the house and the expansive lawns that were surrounded by a row of old growth oaks. He could imagine running around there, playing games in the yard with their kids, something he’d never done with his father and wanted to make sure he did with his own kids.

Harry flew back around the house and touched down next to Ginny who was awake again, watching him. “How was the view?” She asked.

“Great,” he promised. “You’re going to love it.”

“I already love it,” Ginny said, as he sat down in the chair next to her and stretched out. “It’s a little spooky, but…”

He glanced over to see her blushing. “What?”

She shrugged and then laughed. “I always wanted an ivy covered house. One of dad’s brothers had one and I just loved going to visit when we were young.”

“Really?” Harry asked.

“Well, I didn’t ever expect to get one,” Ginny laughed. “Or a house this big! It’s huge.”

Looking around he had to agree. “I didn’t really expect it to be this big either,” he said. “The pictures didn’t do it justice. Not having much furniture makes it look empty, too,” Harry told her. “Hermione is making noises about getting more furniture,” he told her chuckling. “She might be badgering you with more catalogues next week.”

Ginny shook her head. “No way! You promised to help with the next round of furniture shopping.”

Groaning, Harry remembered his promise. “Maye I’ll get the catalogues from her and we can look over them tomorrow.”

“Deal,” she sighed closing her eyes.

“I put up a swing,” Harry told her, wanting to see her happy.

She looked over at him and then around behind her. A wide grin broke out over her face. “You put up a swing! How long was I asleep?”

“Not long,” he assured her. “I found it in the tool shed. I got out my broom to fly up and hang it, and that’s when I went for a fly.”

Ginny yawned and Harry stood to pick her up. “No,” she protested mildly.

“I’ll bring you out tomorrow,” he promised and she sighed, already nodding off again.

After Harry had gotten her back in bed he wandered down to his study to send an owl to ask Hermione to bring over the catalogues. He sat and stared out the window onto the front lawn as a happy contentment stole over him.

He really liked his life right now. Not all the details were perfect, and there were still some parts that he wished he could alter, but if this is how life was going to be then it was good. He had Ginny and a job he loved and his weekends could be quiet and safe.

After all he’d been through, he didn’t want to imagine ever going back and maybe in a few years Teddy and his kid would be out playing tag on that lawn.

Speaking of Teddy, Harry was going to have to get toys for him at some point. Andromeda was coming over the next afternoon. Harry had been amused to learn that not only did she have a car, but she insisted that she was an excellent driver and when Harry had been there two weeks previous he’d helped her read through the instruction manual for the child safety seat before installing it. Then he’d put a sticking and shield charm on the seat when she hadn’t been looking. Andromeda only lived about 20 minutes by car from Ivy Run so it was a short drive.

Harry thought about the car and then added getting a driver’s license to his list of things he wanted to ask Hermione.
Reviews 351
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear