Search:

SIYE Time:0:55 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bound
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Rape, Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 351
Summary: The battle is over, there is life to be lived, peace to be enjoyed and trouble following close at their heels.

Ginny hasn't seen Harry since the dust settled from the battles with Voldemort, but when an unexpected piece of news draws them together will they be driven apart or become bound?

Follows Canon to the best of my knowledge.

The warnings are just to be safe. I don't know that they're all needed, but I'm putting them up just to cover my bases. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me.
Hitcount: Story Total: 138865; Chapter Total: 9422
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
I'm busy at work with edits for this, working on a sequel which is coming along nicely, and with an original novel. Lots of things from me that are (hopefully!) fun in the future.

Thank you James for all your help!

I hope you like this chapter and I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Thursday May 28th

Ginny awoke slowly, and found that her eyes didn’t want to open. She was so exhausted that every breath was an effort.

“Ginny,” her mother said softly. “I just need you to take your potion and then you can go back to sleep.”

She drank and felt warmth seep into her skin. “Where’s Harry?” she croaked out.

“He’s with your father, settling some details. No need to fuss. Are you hungry?”

“Mmm,” she said, not sure if she was agreeing or not. It didn’t matter, sleep swamped over her again.

She didn’t know how long it was before she heard the voices. They were low, clearly trying not to wake her.

“She looks really pale,” the one voice said. “I’m not used to seeing her like this. She’s never sick.”

“She’ll be okay, Ron,” another one said. She thought it might be Hermione. “She just needs to build her strength back up.”

There was a long pause. “Why is this happening?”

“I don’t know, but they’re handling it well. I’m not sure what I’d do if I suddenly found out I was pregnant.” A low chime beeped. “Hang on; I need to give her more potion.”

Ginny felt something pressed to her lips and she drank automatically.

“Good, you can sleep some more until supper. We’ll bring you up a tray.”

The next time she woke she felt someone sitting next to her on the bed. “Ginny, you have to wake up and eat.”

Was that George? “Wuz up?” She asked groggily.

“I’m here to get you to eat something Smidge. Mum says to eat or else, here,” and he put something up to her lips. Soup.

She sipped at the soup and pried her eyes open. It was dim in her room, and she could see that it was dark outside. She’d slept through the whole day. “Why are you here?”

“Well baby sis it turns out this family is in a bit of crisis mode. Family meeting was called and everyone is downstairs discussing what is going to happen.”

“Can you get the light?” Then she squinted as he flicked his wand and the lights came on. “Thanks.”

He spooned up some more for her and she ate obediently. George’s face was so serious, even for how he’d been since Fred’s death. “Aw Ginny, you look… dreadful.”

Ginny grinned and took another bite. “I’ll be the most beautiful bride ever, right?”

He smiled back and gently kissed her forehead. “Definitely! You’ll make Fleur look like a cow.”

“My life is complete, then. So what all are they discussing?”

“Well,” George said, spooning in another bite. She wished she could sit up but she also didn’t mind this one on one with her brother. “They’ve decided on a wedding a week from Saturday. You’ll have to make a few decisions on what you want and we’re hoping you’re up from bed by then. Also Bill is pulling some strings to get you two a house in short order, although it is unlikely that it will be ready by the wedding. Still, if anyone can make that happen Harry can.”

“What about Charlie?”

“He’ll be here, don’t you worry,” George assured her. “Dad used a ministry connection to get a message to him and we’ve already heard back that he’s arriving on Friday.”

“George?”

“Yeah Smidge?”

Ginny paused, not sure how to ask what she really wanted to know, and knowing that if anyone would tell her the truth, it would be George. “Am I going to be okay?”

He considered her a moment and she knew he was trying to think up what to say. That in itself worried her more than anything. “I think so, Ginny, but you are going to have to do exactly what the midwife says. It might be touch and go.”

Ginny nodded and something chimed. What was doing that? She looked to see her brother touch a timer with his wand and grab a potion vial. “I don’t want that, it makes me fall asleep.”

George rolled his eyes. “So much for doing what the midwife says. Open up.”

“Wait, two more bites of soup.” After which she took the potion and dropped back off.

She watched Hagrid, fat tears flowing down his dirty face, as he carried Harry’s limp body out from the forest. Voldemort shouting “He is dead!”

“No!!” Ginny cried and felt her mother trying to calm her. “No Harry don’t be dead!”

“Shhh, Ginny it’s okay! Harry is fine darling! Shhh, hush now.”

Her mother’s arms came around her and Ginny awoke enough to realize she’d been dreaming. She let out a sob. “Where’s Harry?”

“He’s sleeping up in-”

“I want Harry!” Ginny insisted feeling like a hole was being ripped into her chest.

“It’s time for your potion.”

“No! I want Harry!”

“Ginny, please calm down. You can’t get excited like this.”

She heard footsteps and Harry’s voice. “I’m here Ginny.”

“Harry!” She sobbed and felt him lay down beside her, gathering her into his arms cradling her. “You were dead.”

“No, it was just a dream. I’m okay.” He crooned, softly stroking her hair. “I’m fine.”

“She needs her potion,” she heard her mother say.

“Ginny, you need to drink this. You and the baby need it.”

She sniffed back the tears. “Don’t go.”

“No, I’ll stay right here. Drink the potion.”

She opened her mouth obediently.

~*~

Friday May 29th, 1998

The next time she fully came awake, the first rays of the sun were peaking in her window and she found that there was an arm around her waist. She looked over to see Harry asleep, his face peaceful and relaxed. Snatches from the night before started to filter back into her consciousness. She also noticed that her bed was larger than it had been the previous day. When has that happened?

A chime went off.

Without looking, Harry reached up for a vial and brought it over to her. She reached over and took it from his hand. His eyes popped open and he smiled. “Hey,” he said hoarsely. “You’re awake.”

She pulled off the top of the vial and drank. “For now. This stuff knocks me out.”

“It might not today,” he told her. “Martha said it would do that only when you really need sleep. That fact that you can lift your arm and take it yourself is a good sign.”

Ginny looked at him carefully. He looked exhausted. “You didn’t sleep.”

The corner of his mouth twitched up. “I have my beautiful fiancé in bed with me. It’s a little hard to fall to sleep.”

Ginny rolled her eyes, but smiled at the compliment. “Come on, Harry. I can see you’re worried.”

He shrugged and stretched. “Yeah, well yesterday was a rough day. You had us all worried there for a bit.”

“I’m sorry you had to sleep with me. I don’t know what came over me,” she admitted sheepishly. “All of the sudden I just needed you here and nothing but you was going to fix it.”

Harry looked at her, studying her face. “You don’t have to apologize for that. If you need me I’m going to be here.”

“You can’t always be here. You’ve got work and training.”

“Not until Monday,” he told her. “We have a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. George said he filled you in some.”

“Yeah, he told me that the wedding is in a week.”

He grinned at her and sat up. “The more we talk about, the more I’m looking forward to it which is weird because a week ago I had no plans on getting married any time soon. Do you know what you want for your wedding? Here in the garden or something?”

Ginny hesitated. She had an idea, but she wasn’t sure they could make it happen.

“What?” Harry prompted.

“The beach,” she told him, feeling her cheeks flush. “When I was little I saw this magazine. The couple was barefoot on the beach, their family and friends around them and she was in this long, flowing dress holding these beautiful flowers and it just stuck with me. I thought if I ever got married that’s what I want.”

A slow smile spread over Harry’s face. “I like it.”

“Really? You’re not just saying that because I’m absolutely pathetic right now?”

He laughed. “No, I really like it. We can probably set something up at Bill and Fleur’s as long as you’re up and about. Who do you want for bridesmaids?”

“Hermione and Luna,” she said without having to think it over.

“Ron for me,” he told her. “Do you care what color they’re wearing?”

Ginny thought for a moment and then shrugged. “Not pink.” She shifted on the bed and groaned.

“What’s wrong?” Harry asked concerned.

“I need to use the loo,” she told him, trying not to blush.

Harry took in her measure, studying her before answering. “I can get your Mum and she can take care of things like she did yesterday, or I can try to help you walk to the bathroom.”

She thought it over for a second before answering. “Walk.”

He stood up and helped her sit up which left her slightly dizzy, but not ready to pass out. Improvement was good. Harry got her to her feet and walked her to the loo. She gripped the sink and he went out and mostly closed the door. After she was finished he opened the door, took one look at her and scooped her into his arms. She wanted to protest, wanted to say that she could do it on her own but when she couldn’t even lift an arm to put it around his neck she gave it up as a bad job.

Harry set her down carefully, pulling the covers up. Ginny’s stomach rumbled but sleep was overtaking her. “Maybe no more walking to the loo today,” he commented.

She didn’t have the strength to reply.

The sun was streaming fully into her room when she next opened her eyes. Hermione was sitting next to her bed flipping through a magazine. “Oh good,” she said cheerfully. “I’ve been keeping some breakfast warm for you and you’ve got another 20 minutes before your next potion dose.”

Ginny reached over for the fork, and rolling onto her side awkwardly started to eat her eggs. “How long have I been out?”

“Not long I’ve only been here for a few minutes,” Hermione assured her, going back to her magazine, crossing her legs to better prop the shiny pages up. “I spent the night at my parents’ house again, trying to put everything in order and get rid of the rest of the dust. I was able to pick up some magazines at a muggle stand before heading back over this morning.”

Ginny dropped the fork. “You were supposed to leave last night for Australia! I forgot!”

Her friend shrugged, pushing her curly brown hair away from her face. “It isn’t a problem. We were able to put off the portkey for another few weeks. I can’t leave you and Harry right now.”

“Hermione…” Ginny felt awful. “You’ve been looking forward to getting your parents back.”

She didn’t even look up from her magazine. “They don’t remember me, and I don’t fancy bringing them back when we don’t know why someone did this to you and Harry. It can wait. Besides, your mum has agreed that Ron can go with me for extra protection but obviously he can’t leave before the wedding and I don’t want to either.”

Ginny nearly choked on her bacon. “Excuse me? How did you get her to agree to him coming with you?”

Hermione bit her lip. “Unfortunately it’s because of you two. She says I’m sensible enough to see that acting without thinking could land me in a position I do not want to be in, so she’s trusting in your example to keep me on the straight and narrow.”

Ginny raised her eyebrow, swallowed a bite of eggs and asked, “Is that going to work?”

“Yes!” Hermione spluttered. “You have no idea just how much of an uproar all of this has caused since you’ve been sleeping through it. Your mail has to be sorted by the ministry, and the press has been trying to track you down and oh the story the Prophet came out with today! I’m not nearly as famous as Harry but I am sure I would not be treated kindly by Rita Skeeter. I want to finish my seventh year at Hogwarts. I can’t do that if I’m married. If Ron even hinted at wanting to go further I’d be sorely tempted to shrink his balls.”

If there had been anything in her mouth, Ginny would have gagged on it. All sorts of unthinkable images started to flash through her mind. “At least something has come from this. I didn’t fancy you going to get them alone.”

“No, I didn’t either. Are you finished?”

“I’m not sure I’ll ever want to eat again. You put a horrible imagine in my mind,” Ginny joked as she ate the last bit of bacon.

“Oh, ha-ha,” Hermione rolled her eyes and moved the tray aside. “While you’re still awake we have a few details to discuss for the wedding.”

Ginny finally took a look at the magazine that Hermione was holding up and saw that it was a bridal magazine. “Oh, I don’t know… anything is really fine with me.”

“That answer means I have to think up all the details, or your mum does,” she reminded her sternly. “Now, about flowers,” she started to flip through the pages.

Ginny silently looked as Hermione flipped and finally said, “That one! That’s it exactly, flowing down like that.”

Hermione marked the page. “White lilies; very fitting. Do you want them just like this?”

“Yes, just like that or as close to that as possible,” Ginny decided. “I like the look. Just smaller bunches for you and Luna.”

“About our dresses, do you really not care what we pick?” Hermione looked skeptical.

“I really don’t care; something good for a beach wedding, and not pink.” Ginny turned onto her side completely, stretching out her cramped up legs. Lying in bed all day was starting to be painful.

“That’s fine, then. I’ve arranged to meet Luna later today and we’re going to pick out dresses together,” Hermione grinned mischievously. “I’ll make sure it isn’t too eye-wateringly bright.”

“I appreciate that,” Ginny said, giggling.

“What about your hair?”

Ginny didn’t even have to think about that one. “Down with a few curls at the bottom. Nothing fancy.” For the first time Ginny noticed that Hermione had her mum’s clip board and was making notations on it.

Hermione nodded and she wrote it out before she picked up another magazine. “About your dress…” and just like the flowers, Hermione flipped pages.

Ginny didn’t like any of them. They were all too fussy and formal. She wanted something simple and flowing. She was about to give up when the very last picture was the one. “That!”

Hermione beamed. “You will look beautiful in that. I’m not sure I’ll be able to find that exact dress, but now I have an idea to show Madame Malkins tomorrow. I’m going to try to get her to come here for a private fitting. I think she’ll do it.”

Ginny frowned. “Isn’t that going to be expensive?”

Hermione shrugged. “I’ve been told by Harry to spend whatever it takes to make this happen.”

“But-”

“It’s his wedding too, you know. He wants something nice and he’s got loads of gold, Ginny. The wedding isn’t even going to make a dent.” Hermione started laughing. “They just moved Harry down to Bellatrix’s old vault.”

“Excuse me?” Ginny blinked, dumbfounded. “I thought the goblins were hacked off at Harry.”

“Oh they are, but the ministry confiscated all of the Lestrange’s assets and gave most of it to the goblins for repairs. This became public this morning.” Hermione could barely contain herself to keep talking. “Harry’s gold had completely outgrown his old vault with all of the reward money so they sent him an owl last night saying they were moving him down into the high security vaults.”

“Well,” Ginny said slowly, trying to take this in. “Bellatrix must be turning over in her grave right now.”

“At the very least,” Hermione agreed mischievously. “How does it feel to be rich?”

The thought was as startling as it was unsettling. “I… I don’t know. I’ve never had any real money.”

“If you could buy one thing, what would it be?” Hermione prodded.

Ginny quirked an eyebrow, sensing a trap, “I don’t think so. I’m not making it easy for Harry to buy me a present.”

“Ah well, can’t say I didn’t try. So back to weddings! Your timer has only got another few minutes.” She pulled out yet another magazine. “Now you need to help me the wedding bands.”

“Plain bands are fine.”

“Gold or platinum?”

“Uhm,” Ginny floundered and Hermione showed her a photo of two different types. “Probably the platinum?”

Hermione made another notation. “Engagement ring?”

“None,” Ginny said firmly.

Hermione smiled knowingly. “Harry really, really wants to get one for you. He’s going to get one whether you want it or not. You might as well give me an idea of what you like so I’m not stuck at the jewelers stuttering as he gazes at me pathetically, asking for guidance.”

Ginny sighed and again they played the magazine game. Finally Ginny saw a simple diamond solitaire that she really liked. “That one.”

Hermione marked it down just as the timer went off. “Here is your potion. Harry should be back by the next time you wake up. You’re very compliant when we come in for more potions, so thank you for that.”

Before she gave in to the waves up fatigue that the potion was trying to suck her down in to, she grabbed her friend’s hand. “Thank you for doing all this, Hermione.”

“Any time.”

She fell heavily into sleep a minute later.

Something was tickling her stomach. Ginny managed to pry an eye open and her heart simply melted. Harry was whispering to her belly- to their baby.

She watched, not wanting him to know she was awake but within seconds he glanced up and saw her observing him. A sheepish expression stole over his face. “I was just… uhm, having a chat with the baby.”

“Can you give the baby a kiss for me?” She didn’t know why that popped out, but when he leaned down and kissed her belly, lingering for a moment her heart gave a lurch, turned over and she just knew. This was the moment; the moment she knew that no matter what she was going to love this man for the rest of her life. Any man who could stand by her this way, who could roll with the punches, who was so full of love even after all he’d been through in the last few years- it amazed her it had taken her this long to realize just how deep her feelings really ran. Her heart was so full that nothing else mattered. “I love you, Harry.”

He glanced up at her, completely startled. “W-what?”

“I love you,” she told him, smiling. “I don’t want to hear it back, especially if you’re not sure. For right now this is enough and you need to know that I love you.”

To her utter shock she saw tears spring into his eyes. He didn’t look away, just came up to lie next to her and pull her into his arms. She ran a hand up into his hair and just held onto him as he composed himself. It was her turn to comfort and to sooth in a way that only she could. She kissed his cheek and whispered, “I love you and we’ll make it through this.”

He swiped at his red rimmed eyes, momentarily knocking glasses askew. “I don’t know what to say.”

His eyes, normally shockingly green, were absolutely vivid with the moisture still clinging to his lashes. Ginny traced a finger along his brow and smiled a smile that was so utterly content and so sure. “You don’t have to say anything. Your actions tell me everything I need to know. You are strong, selfless, loving, and brave.” She cupped his chin leaned in to kiss him. “When I’m awake and thinking about the baby I’ve been knocked over sideways, knowing I already love this baby who I didn’t want or plan for and I will do anything I can to keep it safe and make sure that it is loved. Just now, you showed me that you’re going to do the same and I just knew.”

“I…” he hesitated, the uncertainty written all over his face. “I’m really scared I’m not going to be a good dad.”

Just the admission, the fact that he’d opened up about it, meant that it was weighing on him like a stone around his neck. Ginny reached up and brushed back the hair from his scar. “A lot of parenting is learning as you go. Mum has told me more than once that I won’t know what it is to be a parent until I am one.” She held his gaze, willing him to really hear her. “You can learn to change nappies, give baths, and you already know how to tie your shoes and ride a broom so you can teach those. But the thing you can’t learn, the thing that sets good parents apart is that they love their children more than they love themselves and they will do whatever it takes for them. You know how to show them how to be a good person because you are a good person. You have showed me everything I need to know.”

“How do you mean?” He asked, looking so lost.

“Yesterday, when you went to the ministry, Hermione asked about me having an abortion,” Ginny told him softly.

Harry reeled back. “What?!”

“Don’t get upset, she just asked if I had one what would the ministry do. She didn’t know that they aren’t legal for witches, that we can’t ‘spill magical blood’.” Ginny explained. “I asked her about them and found out that that they are common in the muggle world, which means you’re aware of that.”

He frowned, the scar on forehead standing out intensely. “Well, yeah, but-”

“You never suggested it.” Ginny said simply. “You never once said ‘why don’t we just end the pregnancy?’”

“Of course I didn’t! That’s- that’s my kid!” His outrage made her heart flip flop all over again and she couldn’t stop herself from beaming at him.

“That is why I love you, Harry. We didn’t even have sex, so the possibility was never on either of our minds that we might be having a baby.” Ginny sobered and the words came more slowly now. “You get this note saying you’re going to be a dad and you find out that while you were unconscious someone used you to impregnate me magically. You didn’t run, you didn’t hide, and you didn’t scream ‘no’ or try to find a way out of becoming a dad. You accepted in minutes that I was having your baby, that you were going to have to get married at the age of seventeen and that your wife is going to be useless for the next several weeks if there is any hope of saving that baby’s life. The enormity of all of this should have made anyone stagger back, and you looked at me and said ‘we have to do this’.”

Harry stared at her for several long moments, putting what she’d said into place in his head. “You did the same thing, though. You accepted that you’re going to be a mum that someone forced you into it, and you’re not backing down either.”

“Yes, but as the baby is inside of me so it isn’t like I could run away and…” she tried to gather her thoughts, but it was so difficult with him staring at her like this. “And once I accepted that this was real, that it was really happening, I started to fall in love.” She put her hand on her stomach. “I couldn’t not love our baby.”

Harry swallowed hard. “I think that I do love you. I’ve not had a lightning bolt moment or anything, but I think it has been there for a long time.”

She nodded, understanding him completely. “I’ve felt like you’re feeling for a long time too. It’s okay that you aren’t sure. I think that you will know someday and it’s okay to wait. You’ve been my rock, Harry. The last twenty four hours have been so hard and you’ve been giving me strength.”

He seemed to have no words. Harry kissed her tenderly.
Reviews 351
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear