Search:

SIYE Time:12:30 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Her Best Valentine
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 16
Summary: Ginny has the best Valentine's Day
Hitcount: Story Total: 8920; Chapter Total: 2975





Author's Notes:
This chapter follows straight on from chapter 1.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


No favourites, I can assure you,” said Professor McGonagall.

“Not even Harry?” asked Ginny, her eyes twinkling.

“Mr Potter is always the exception to every rule. I'm sure you will agree,” smiled Professor McGonagall. Ginny laughed and returned to her seat.

Angelina and Fred had finished their dessert. “We're going to head into the Ball room, we'll see you there Ginny,” said Angelina.

“Okay, oh, here's James. Are you ready for dessert, James?” asked Ginny, sitting down. Fred and Angelina left. James nodded, and called 'Treacle Tart, please.”

Two slices of treacle tart appeared, and Ginny picked up her fork. James seemed uncomfortable, and fidgeted in his seat.

“James, is everything all right?' asked Ginny, concerned.

“Mum, I'm sorry I took you away from Dad tonight. I know you always do something special for Valentine's Day. If -if you wanna leave and go home to Dad, it's okay,” said James.

Ginny smiled at her son. “James, darling, thank you. It's fine, about your Dad, I mean. He's probably so tired, by the time I get home he'll be asleep. He's working so hard these days. Thanks to you, I am having one of the best Valentine's Days ever. There is no where else I'd rather be right now,” said Ginny, honestly.

“Still, you should have something special for Valentine's Day. I was saving this for Mother's Day, but, well, here,” he said, sliding a box out of his pocket in his robes.

Ginny opened the box. Inside was a necklace, with shiny glass stones in heart shapes. In the middle was the word 'Mum'.

“I know they're not real diamonds or anything, I just thought it was real pretty, and well-” James voice trailed off as he waited for his Mum's reaction.

“Oh James,” Ginny whispered, her eyes full of unshed tears. “Will you put it on me, please?”

James got up and walked around behind Ginny. He fumbled with the clasp, finally getting it done up. “Done! Wow, it looks nice. It catches all the lights, and changes colour. Cool!” he said, pleased with his choice.

“Very cool!” laughed Ginny, wiping her eyes. “Now, let's have dessert. Then, I feel like dancing!”

They entered the ballroom, and Ginny handed her cloak and purse to a house elf. She saw Fred and Angelina dancing. The music reminded Ginny of the Yule Ball. She was surprised when James led her onto the dance floor, and confidently took her hand in his, and put his hand on her waist. Ginny shot him an enquiring look.

“We had lessons before Christmas. Then Auntie 'Lina made Fred and me practice over Christmas,” James grinned and twirled Ginny. “Pretty good, huh!” he said proudly.

Ginny laughed and danced. Fred and James swapped partners with each other, and Ginny knew she'd be remembering to tell her brother George how proud he should be of his son. 'Fred and James were growing up to be such wonderful young men', she thought.

Suddenly, the music changed. They started playing some pop tunes that Ginny had heard the children listen to on the Wizard Wireless Network. The children cheered and started gyrating to the music.

Angelina and Ginny smiled at each other, and joined in the dancing. The Weasley wives went out sometimes to dance clubs, when they had a girls night out, with Angelina, Ginny and Fleur usually the last ones to leave. They were familiar with the music, and were able to sing along with some of the tunes.

After twenty minutes, they decided to take a break. James and Fred offered to get them a drink, and they both chose a Butterbeer. They sat at the table, awaiting for their sons to return from the drink station.

“Oy, Potter, your Mum was looking pretty good out there. She's a bit of a babe,” said a fourth year Slytherin, whose name James didn't know.

“Yeah, she looks in good shape, like she could still play for the Harpies. I've got her poster hanging over my bed, you know,” teased a third year Huffle Puff.

“Oy, don't talk about my Mum like that? Do you know who my Dad is? If he heard you talking like that, he'd get the Sword of Gryffindor and slice your eyes out!” yelled James, indignant.

“Yeah, and we have an uncle who trains dragons in Romania. We know how to get rid of a body!” yelled Fred.

Fred and James suddenly felt a heavy hand on their shoulders and looked up. “Good evening, boys, is there a problem?”

“No, Professor Longbottom,” they said together.

Neville shot the other two boys a fierce look, and they scattered. He turned back to look at James and Fred, who now had drinks in their hands. “Let's go back to your Mums, okay? It's been awhile since I've seen Ginny and Angie.”

The threesome made their way back to the corner, where Ginny and Angelina were talking to a couple of other mothers. Ginny raised an eyebrow at Neville, and he gave a slight shake of his head.
He greeted the women, and they talked for awhile. Neville then asked Fred if he could dance with Angelina, and he nodded. After dancing with Angelina for a couple of songs, Neville then asked James if he could dance with Ginny. James agreed, and Neville led Ginny onto the dance floor.

Neville and Ginny danced a couple of dances, then Teddy appeared. His dinner date with Vicki was over, and he was leaving soon. He just popped in to see how everything was going for James and her. He asked James if he could dance with Ginny, and with a sigh, he agreed.

When the band announced it was the last dance, James took Ginny out to the middle of the dance floor. “Sometimes Mum, I think you know too many people,” he grumbled. “Or too many people know you,” he said, remembering the idiot boys from earlier.

Ginny smiled, but said nothing. They danced till the end of the song.

James went and fetched her travelling cloak and purse for her, and walked her to the floo access. There was a queue, so they had time to say goodbye properly.

“Say hi to Al and Lil for me, I'll send a letter home to them soon. Tell Nana and Grandpa I miss them, and all my cousins-”

“James, I have to go,” said Ginny, reluctantly. The queue was moving and she was getting closer to the door.

“Mum, tell Dad not to work so hard, okay?” said James, quietly.

Ginny looked at him and smiled. “I will, love. Thank you for such a lovely night. You have made me so happy and proud tonight.” She kissed his cheek.

James wiped his cheek. “Mum! I told you, no mushy stuff! But did-did you mean it? You had a good time?”

Ginny smiled again, about to floo home. “This has been my best Valentine's Day ever, I promise you,” she said, waving goodbye.

Ginny flooed home to a dark, quiet house. It was only ten o'clock. She debated whether to make herself a cup of tea, but decided to go and check on the children, and Harry. She smiled as she saw a big bouquet of colourful tulips in a vase on the dining table.

Ginny walked into the lounge and stopped. Laying on the couch in only his pyjama bottoms was Harry, half asleep. A half empty bottle of Firewhiskey sat on the table in front of the couch. As Ginny walked closer, she could smell the liquor fumes coming off Harry. She clicked on the lamp close to the couch.

“Gin, is that you?” mumbled Harry, opening an eye.

“Yes love, it's me,” said Ginny.

“Where have you been? You've been gone for so long,” said Harry, sitting up and scratching his chest. He put on his glasses and looked at her. “Wow!” he said as he noticed what she was wearing.

“Like Lily said, I had a date,” teased Ginny, putting the lid on the Firewhiskey and banishing it to Harry's study.

Harry stood up suddenly, then stumbled as he found his balance. “What's his name, Gin? I want to know right now! You tell me! I'm gonna go to his house, and I'm gonna, gonna-I know, I'll call your brothers! Where's the floo? Who moved the damn floo?” he demanded.

“Come on Harry, you can call them tomorrow. Come on, here we go,” said Ginny, as if she were talking to a child.

“Once my head stops spinning, I'm gonna call Bill, he'll know some good curses. George and Ron have been working on some good stuff in the shop, we'll make his bits disappear. I know! Charlie, I'll call Charlie, he'll know how to get rid of the body! And Percy can, can, um, what can Percy do, Gin?” asked Harry, running his fingers through his hair.

“We'll think of something for Percy. For now, let's get you to bed, hmm?” said Ginny, pulling Harry gently.

“So you go on a date with another bloke then you come home and expect sex. I'm not that easy, Gin,” said Harry, struggling to get up the stairs.

“Who said anything about sex?” asked Ginny, hiding a grin. She had Harry by the arm as she led him upstairs.

Harry stopped and looked at her with a horrified expression on his face. “No sex? It's Valentine's Day. We always have sex on Valentine's Day,” he said as Ginny led him into their bedroom.

“Sounds to me like we've got a bit predictable. Come on love, lay down,” said Ginny, tucking Harry into bed.

Ginny noticed a bottle on her bedside table with a note attached. It was from Molly.

Dear Ginny, I flooed back and left this on the table. It's a sober up potion, I thought Harry might need it. I'll leave it to you to decide to give it to him or not, and there's a hangover potion in the kitchen for tomorrow. Love, Mum.

Ginny smiled and contemplated her situation. Harry rarely got drunk, and was usually terribly grumpy the next day. She really wanted to tell Harry about her night, so she gave in.

“Here love, drink this. I'll just go and check the kids,” she said, handing over the potion. He sat up slowly and drank it.

“Then sex?” he asked hopefully

She winked. “We'll see.”

Ginny left Harry and went down the hall. She went into Lily's room, picking up a stuffed purple dragon she had gotten from George and Ron a few years earlier. It usually sat on a shelf, but it looked like Lily had cuddled it in bed with her tonight. She placed it next to Lily, leaning down to smooth her daughter's hair off her face.

“Night Lil,” she whispered. She left the room.

Ginny went into the room next to Lily's. It was quite tidy, and a little lamp was still on, so Ginny was able to see the face of her second born son. It looked like he had been reading and fallen asleep.

Ginny eased the book out of his fingers,and pulled the blankets up around his chest. She looked at him sleeping, so much like Harry. She smiled and went to leave the room.

“Mum, is that you?” asked a sleepy voice.

Ginny stopped and went back to the bed. “Yes love, it's me. I'm home now. Go to sleep, Al.”

“Did you have a good time tonight?” Al asked sleepily.

“Yes love, I had a great night,” said Ginny softly.

“Good,” said Al. “G'night.”

“”Good night, love,” said Ginny. She waved her wand, “Nox,” and the light went out.

“Mum?” asked Al in the darkness.

“Yes, Al?” asked Ginny.

“Don't tell Dad. That you had a good time, I mean.” said Al.

Ginny smiled in the dark. “Okay love, I won't. Love you,” she said.

“Love you too, Mum,” mumbled Al. He was asleep before she got back to her and Harry's bedroom.

Ginny went in and saw Harry sitting up in bed, now fully alert. He smiled sheepishly at her as she came in and took off her cloak and shoes.

“Hi,” he said. “Happy Valentine's Day,” he said.

“Yes, it was,” said Ginny, going into the ensuite to remove her make-up and brush her teeth. She came out and found Harry pacing the room. He came over to her, their eyes meeting in the reflection of the mirror of the dressing table. Harry waved his wand and a couple of candles came alight. Ginny was trying to undo the clasp of the necklace James had given her. Harry lifted the hair off her nape of her neck, and easily undid it. He placed a kiss on her nape, before he looked at the necklace.

He raised his eyebrows, then asked, “James?”

Ginny nodded and smiled. “James.”

Harry's face broke out in a smile of relief. Ginny nudged him, her elbow digging into his stomach as he was still behind her,

“You weren't really worried, were you?” she asked, half serious, leaning back into him.

He slid his arms around her waist, his hands coming up to caress her sides. “Well, I have been neglecting you a bit lately. I'm sorry, Gin,” he said, his lips at her neck.

“I know how important this job is to you, Harry. I'm more worried about you. The longer hours, the rushed meals, less sleep. It will take a toll, you know. It's my job to make sure you get all the rest and relaxation you need. Like right now, I really think you need to get back to bed,” she said suggestively.

Harry chuckled and slowly slid the zipper down her dress. He pushed the dress off her shoulders and it pooled at her feet. He leaned against her, and she could feel the effect she was having on him. She pressed back, and felt his breath quicken. He turned her around and went to kiss her but stopped.

“I'm just going to go in and brush my teeth, won't be long. In the meantime, there's a little something on the bed for you. Why don't you try it on, see if it fits,” he suggested. He left her, and went into the bathroom, closing the door.

Ginny smiled, and went over to the bed. She opened the box. Inside was some sexy lingerie, black and lacy. She took them out and put them on. They were a perfect fit. She looked at herself in the mirror. The knickers were a thong, and the negligee pushed her breasts up.

“Is this my present or yours?' she asked wryly. When she didn't get an answer she called again. “Harry, what's taking so long? Come out,” she called.

“Turn the lights off and get into bed,” called Harry from behind the door.

Puzzled, she did. “Okay, lights are out, and I'm in bed. Anything else you want me to do while I'm waiting?” she asked saucily.

She heard Harry chuckle as he opened the door. She could make out his figure in the dark as he moved closer to the bed, but there was something shining around his lower torso. He climbed into bed with her, pulling the covers over them.

“Harry, what the-? What have you got on?” asked Ginny, pulling the covers back off.

“Do you like them? Glow in the dark boxers,” Harry said, self consciously. He chuckled nervously. “Go ahead, read them.”

He lay back, legs spread. Ginny straddled Harry's legs and moved to examine his boxers. She ran a finger over each word as she read it out..

“Kiss me. Tickle me. Hug me.”

“Er, Gin, that's-”

“Cuddle me. Lick me!”

“ Merlin Gin, that feels-”

“Spank me! Fu-”

“Okay! Enough! So, what do you think?” he asked, grabbing her hips and rolling her on to her back. He loomed over her, pressing into her.

“They're terrible, I hate them!” said Ginny, running her hands over his shoulders.

Harry looked crestfallen. “Really? I thought you'd love them,” he said.

“No, I hate them. Take them off, right now,” she said cheekily.

Harry looked at her and smiled. “Anything you say, Gin,” he said, whipping them off, twirling them above his head and flinging them away.

Ginny laughed, flipped him over and sat astride him. “I like the sound of that,” she said.

She leaned down to kiss him. “Happy Valentine's Day, Ginny,” said Harry.

“It's been my best ever Valentine's Day. My Potter boys know how to show a girl a good time,” said Ginny, running her hands over his chest and lower. Harry removed her negligee.

“Well, it's not over yet,” said Harry as he started to move beneath her. “I'm taking an early weekend, and you and I are getting away. How does Hawaii sound?” asked Harry, gripping her waist

“You, me, the beach, cocktails! Sounds perfect!” said Ginny, moving her hips in a way that made Harry moan. He flipped her over, ripped off her thong and moved over her.

“You, me and a big bed. That's as far as I got,” he said, leaning down to kiss her hungrily.

“We don't need to go to Hawaii for that. A room at the Leaky will do for that. Gods, Harry!” Ginny moaned as they became one.

There wasn't any talking for awhile as they let their bodies do the talking. After, Ginny lay in Harry's arms, snuggled close. He kissed her temple.

“Love you,” he said sleepily

“I love you Harry. Always,” whispered Ginny.

FINITE















Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear