Search:

SIYE Time:16:52 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever Love Missing Chapter
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, General
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 8
Summary: Fits in after Chapter 11 of Forever Love
Hitcount: Story Total: 4500



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Finally posted the missing chapter of Forver Love. It belongs after chapter 11, when Ginny came to Hogwarts to be with James when he was injured, as Harry couldn't be contacted. We also learn the truth behind Harry's relationship with James's mother.




ChapterPrinter



Head Mistress McGonagall sat at her desk, overlooking the grounds of Hogwarts. Spring was approaching, it was a lovely day and the grounds had never looked lovelier. It made her want to get out on a broom and go for a fly. She smiled wryly to herself, imagining her students reactions. She hadn't actually been on a broom in years, and she missed it.

She heard the gargoyle statue move, and she knew she was about to have a visitor. She wondered how this meeting was going to go. She braced herself. There was a knock at the door.

“Come in,” she said.

Harry came in, his hand outstretched in a greeting.

“Head Mistress McGonagall, thank you for allowing me some time with Jay. He has promised he'll chase up the work on the lessons he missed,” said Harry.

“I'm sure he will, he's a good student. I trust he enjoyed the delights of Hogsmeade?” asked Professor McGonagall.

“Actually, he'd been there before, with Gi-er, Mrs Wood and her daughter Abby. They took him there over the New Year break.”

“Ah, that would explain her staying with him when he got injured. She seemed to be a great comfort to him.”

“Ginny stayed with Jay that night?” Harry asked.

“Just till he fell asleep,” said the Professor.

“I'm sorry I didn't get the message. The group that I was with were staying in a hotel, and when the owl dropped the note off in my room, the cleaner freaked out and threw it out. I would have returned to Hogwarts straight away, please know that,” implored Harry.

“Of course I understand. However, I doubt this will be the last time you will need to be contacted for something. After all, another Potter and Weasley combination at Hogwarts? Luckily, this time it was simply a natural curiosity that lead to the incident,” said the Professor.

Harry sighed and sat on the chair the Professor had indicated. He ran his hands through his hair, but smiled wryly. A Potter-Weasley combination, he liked the sound of that.

“Mr Potter, what DO you intend to do in regard to your son's lack of knowledge about you. It's just a matter of time before it is discovered that Harry Potter is back in the wizarding world and has a son at Hogwarts. What then? Do you want him ambushed by the media? He needs to be prepared, and sooner rather later.”

“Believe me Professor, you're not telling me anything I don't know,” replied Harry gloomily.

“Maybe you should discuss this with Mrs Wood. She has been a strong voice for you in your absence, as have all the Weasleys and Miss Granger. I understand it's a friendship that has been rekindled since your children met?” asked the Professor, with a twinkle in her eye.

Harry blushed. “Oh, er, yes. Just Ginny at this stage. I've seen George, Hermione and Luna, but I didn't reveal myself, although I think Luna knows, being Luna and all,” said Harry, with a smile.

“I'm surprised Miss Granger didn't pick up on it, being as close as the three of you were,” said the Professor.

“She wasn't her usual self that night,” chuckled Harry, remembering a tipsy Hermione.

“Your friends have missed you greatly, Mrs Wood especially had a hard time. In a way they have mourned your loss. You chose your friends wisely. Your son is doing the same. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would say a Potter, a Weasley and a Malfoy would be my three best students in the first year,” smiled Professor McGonagall.

“Really, Jay's doing well?” asked Harry, eagerly.

She nodded. “At this stage he would be top of the class in Charms, and vying with Mr Malfoy with Potions. I am very pleased with how they have applied themselves. Of course, with the announcement of your return, it will also affect James' friends too. I hope you will take that into consideration when you decide what to do.”

“God, I'm going to have to speak to Draco, aren't I?” asked Harry rhetorically.

“You should also know that I am taking a History of Magic lesson once a week, and we are discussing the first and second wars. We are currently discussing a young Tom Riddle,” said the Professor.

“What? Does Ginny know? Don't you think it's a bit soon. Couldn't you wait till, I don't know, I die or something?” asked Harry desperately.

“You already did, Mr Potter,” said the Professor dryly.

“That's a bit unfair, isn't it. Anyway, don't you think the parents should be notified, some of them would have fought in the Battle, they may think as I do, that it's too soon,” cried Harry.

“I will take that under advisement Mr Potter, as I hope you will in regard to your reason for being here. Perhaps we can meet again to discuss things as to what will be best for James,” said the Professor, standing.

“Yes, yes of course. I'm going to head over and see Ginny right now. I'll be in touch, Professor.”

“Potter, you may call me Minerva,” said Professor McGonagall.

“Thank you, Professor,” he said as he left, deep in thought.

Professor McGonagall sat back in her chair and pondered Harry's dilemma. She wondered how the fall out would affect James and the other students, and she considered what he had said about teaching about Tom Riddle and his legacy to the wizarding world. Was it too soon? She stared out the window, no longer seeing the sunshine and blue skies.

________________________________________ _____

“Ginny, Ginny are you there?” called Harry from the fire.

It was the second time he had fire called her place, and both times there had been no answer. Frustrated, he got up and went into his kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee, vowing to try again after.

He had more luck the next time, although he wasn't sure it was Ginny. He could hear the sounds of banging and cupboard door slamming. He got out his wand and came through the floo.

“Ginny, are you there?” he called urgently.

“Ha-Henry, I-ow, bollocks, I'm in here, in the kitchen,” yelled Ginny, sounding in pain.

He raced in to find her running her hand under the tap in the kitchen.

“Are you all right? I heard a lot of banging and doors slamming. Are you alone?” he asked, concerned.

She nodded. “Yes, I'm alone. That was me banging and slamming. Obviously you didn't hear the swearing though,” she said with a smile.

“Just a bollocks,” said Harry, taking her hand and checking it out. “Ouch, that's going to swell. What's got your wand in a knot?”

He took her hand out and dried it on a tea towel, then lifted it and kissed it.

“You haven't seen the Daily Prophet today, have you?” she asked, leading them into the lounge.

Harry shook his head. “I spent the morning with Jay at Hogsmeade, we stayed there for lunch, then I had a meeting with McGonagall. I've been trying to get in touch with you ever since.”

“Sorry, I've been at the Daily Prophet offices with Hermione, then I stopped off at Gringotts. You really need to see this, Harry,” she said, giving him a copy of that day's paper.

The headline read. “HAS HARRY POTTER RETURNED TO THE WIZARDING WORLD?

Harry turned to Ginny in shock. She nodded.

“It basically suggests that you have been living amongst us all this time, seeing as how your vaults have been accessed recently. They usually print this stuff at least once a year, and I storm down there, with Hermione for legal assistance, and do a lot of threatening. This time, I also made a little side trip alone to Gringotts. I had to make sure Griphook hadn't been the leak. It's just too much of a coincidence that you accessed your vaults around Christmas, and now there's been rumours of your return.”

“I was at Gringotts last week. Griphook was unavailable so I had to use another goblin. Seeing as how he used my wand for identification, I thought it was OK. Obviously I was wrong,” said Harry, angry at himself.

“We may be able to use this to our advantage. You know, plant the story that you haven't been missing all these years, just laying low as you didn't want the spotlight. I don't know, I'm not sure how you want to approach this,” sighed Ginny.

“Poor Gin, running around, protecting me,” said Harry, putting his arms around her, kissing her temple. She pointed to her lips, and he kissed them lightly. She pounced, kissing him harder. Soon they were kissing passionately.

“Ginny, Ginny, are you-oh!”

“Mum! We were just, um, that is, I er, Mum this is Henry,” said a flustered Ginny, looking into the fire.

Molly nodded at Henry. “Hello. Ginny love, can you come to the Burrow tomorrow. We need to discuss this thing about Harry in the paper today. You and Hermione have dealt with it, as usual?”

Ginny nodded. “Yes Mum, we went down there. I only got back a while ago.”

“Good, I don't know why they can't leave poor Harry alone. He'll never come home to us if he thinks he'll be hounded by the press. I lost one of my sons, never to return. I want my other son home. Merlin knows, I bet he hasn't had a decent meal since he left.”

“Mum, it's been fifteen years! I'm pretty sure he's had good meals. He might even be as big as that old uncle of his,” said Ginny in a teasing voice, nudging Harry. Molly ignored the teasing.

“So we'll see you tomorrow. Bring your, er, friend if you like. By the way dear, one of your buttons is undone. Make sure you dress appropriately tomorrow. Enjoy your night, dear,” she said, with what Harry swore was a wink.

“Your Mum never changes, does she? Still wanting to feed me. As big as my uncle, eh Gin? That hurt, that really hurt,” chuckled Harry.

“Hmm, I think I need to check your body out, see if you need fattening up. Just to reassure my mum, you understand. Come with me, Mr Potter,” said Ginny in a sultry voice, pulling Harry up from the sofa and taking him into her bedroom.

An hour later, they lay in the bed, holding each other close. Ginny broke the silence.

“Tell me about your life, Harry. Tell me about your marriage,” she pleaded softly.

Her head was on his shoulder and he stroked her hair, contemplating what he would say. He leaned down to kiss her temple, holding her tighter.

“When you and I first met again after all these years, I told you how I got a job packing shelves while I went to counselling, well, that was true. Also that I went to university to become a social worker. I really identified with it, you know. I liked working with the kids, helping them.”

“Probably the way you wished someone had been there to help you, when you were with the Dursleys,” surmised Ginny.

He nodded. “Probably. Anyway, I got a job, and as you know, it keeps me quite busy. It's sad, that more and more kids need our help. Single parents are more common than ever, kids are bringing themselves up, or finding acceptance in gangs, which can lead to violence and drug use and-”

“I know Harry, I get it. I did set up the orphanage, after all. I don't even know how many kids we missed helping straight after the Battle and the years after. Potter's Place has only been open for nearly ten years, so that's five years worth of kids that we haven't helped. Merlin knows what happened to them,” said Ginny, sadly. “Go on,” she encouraged.

“I made some good friends in uni, you know, we studied together, went to football games together, went to the pub. They were good days but, in the back of my mind, it felt strange. Like, I would think of Hermione when I was studying or in a class, or I would find myself thinking 'Ron should be here,' if I was at a match with my other mates,” he mused.

“Oh, so you just thought of Hermione and Ron,” teased Ginny softly.

“Mostly,” said Harry, surprising Ginny. She felt a bit put out. “Only because thinking about you hurt too much,” he concluded, squeezing her shoulders.

“I dated a bit. Usually first and second dates, dinner and movies, that sort of thing. Nothing really serious. Some went a bit further, until they realised I loved my job and it took up a lot of time. I was finding it hard to stay in touch with my friends, let alone time for a girlfriend. Then one night I met Jess.”

“James' mum?” asked Ginny tentatively.

“Yeah. I was at the pub for a meal and a few drinks with my mates. It had been a bad day at work, I wasn't in the best mood. We-we had lost a kid that day, beaten by his step-dad. We had been watching the situation for a couple of weeks, a neighbour had called it in. We were waiting on a court order to remove him from the house. It didn't come in time,” said Harry bitterly.

Ginny leaned in and kissed his chest, over his heart. She knew how much that had to have upset Harry.

“Jess was there with a friend, who knew one of my friends. We ended up sitting together and talking. She's a teacher, so she sort of understood a bit about what I do, and what the system is like. She was really easy to talk to, and I guess that's what I needed that night. I walked her home, she invited me in for coffee and, er...”

“You stayed the night,” said Ginny tactfully. “Obviously, talking to someone wasn't the only thing you needed that night,” she teased gently.

“Yeah, I guess. When I walked her home and she invited me in, I realised I didn't want to go home to an empty flat. I was lonely. It didn't take much from her to make me want to spend the night,” Harry confessed.

“So, you dated a while, got married and had James?” guessed Ginny, not wanting to hear about Harry being in love with someone else, even if she had made Harry happy for a time.

Harry shook his head. “No. I woke up the next morning, hating myself for using her that way. I didn't love her, I barely even knew her. I don't usually do one night stands, I like to get to know a woman before I sleep with her. I apologised, she told me to get out, and I thought that was that. Two months later she turned up at my work,” said Harry.

“She was pregnant!” said Ginny. Harry nodded and continued.

“I was stunned. I hadn't really ever thought of having kids, not since you and I-well, not for a long time. I asked her to marry me. She said no at first, but she got really sick, she had morning sickness all day, so she couldn't work. I think it made her think what she would do if she was sick and had a baby to look after. She came to me and asked if I still wanted to marry her, and I said yes. We were married the next weekend, just a quickie wedding at the Registry Office. Gin, I told her I was fully committed to the marriage,” said Harry.

“Of course you were, Harry. It's who you are. I know you would have done anything to make it work, especially for James sake,” said Ginny.

“It really was for James sake that I left. All the arguing, the slamming of doors, all the silences, it's not a good way to bring up a child. I thought I was doing the right thing,” said Harry regretfully.

“When did it start to go bad?” asked Ginny hesitantly.

“Well, really it wasn't the best way to start a marriage. She had post natal depression after the birth, so I had time off to help her with the baby, while she got help. We were both happy with the baby, though. That first year or two, everything seemed fine. She even talked about having another baby. Then Jay did his first bit of accidental magic. I laughed it off, tried to persuade her she was imagining things. It was then that I immediately put the Fidelis around the house. Probably why I didn't receive any summons from the MOM.”

“How old was Jamie?” asked Ginny.

“Three, the first time. Then there was nothing, for a long time, I thought maybe it was just a fluke, but then it happened again. Again and again. I couldn't pretend it wasn't happening. So, I told Jess. About magic, about the wizarding world, about Jay and I being wizards.”

“How did she take it?” asked Ginny.

“She freaked! Well first she didn't believe me. Then she thought I was going crazy, so I showed her. Then she freaked. Started saying horrible things, she didn't want her son to be different, she wanted him to be normal. She blamed me, said I should have warned her this could happen, that maybe she would have taken care of it if she'd known the baby might not be normal,” said Harry, angrily.

“What? Are you serious? She would have- do you mean she would have-” started Ginny.

“An abortion? Yeah, that's what she meant. I don't know if she really meant it or not, I think she was just really upset and said it to hurt me. Anyway, we decided to keep on going, to try and help Jay control it. The marriage was pretty much over then. She didn't want to risk having another child, so I slept in the spare room.”

“And the arguing, the silences, the slamming of doors you mentioned earlier?” asked Ginny.

“Usually when Jay would have a burst of magic. He went to the school where Jess was a teacher, so she'd get called in if he did something. By the time I got home, she was in a rage at our 'abnormal' son, and it was all my fault. I suggested Jay and I move out, and that was probably when I thought about coming back to the wizarding world. She thought I was trying to take Jay away from her, and she'd never see him again, so she refused. Eventually it got to the stage where I thought it best if I moved out. I warned her to expect a letter from Hogwarts. I told her she couldn't stop it coming, even though she was adamant he wasn't going to become a wizard,” finished Harry.

“You don't go to Hogwarts to become a wizard, he was a wizard from the moment he was conceived,” said Ginny angrily. “Jamie told me he hasn't heard from her since Christmas, he's quite upset by it. I-I offered to go and get her that night, when he was injured and we couldn't get in touch with you,” said Ginny.

Harry kissed her temple again. “I know you did, thank you, love. For being there for Jay that night, for making that offer to him, for being here with me now.”

Ginny snuggled close to Harry, pondering what he had told her. “Harry?”

He held her, his eyes closed, not wanting to be anywhere else right now. “Hmm?”

“When you said, you suggested moving out with Jamie, you said you thought about returning to us. Was- was that the only time you considered it?” she asked softly.

Harry considered her question. He scooted down the bed so they were face to face with each other.

“You told me something years ago. When you first told me you were thinking of leaving. You- you told me you loved me. You told me that was reason enough for you to return to me one day. I waited, Harry. I would have helped you with your son. I would have done anything for you,” cried Ginny, tears in her eyes.

“Ssh Gin, don't cry. Please, love. I know I've stuffed this all up. I did consider coming back, after I left university, but then I got offered a really good job, so I thought I 'd get a bit of experience in the field, and then well, I met Jess and...”

They were both silent, thinking about what could have been. Ginny spoke first.

“I-I'm glad you had friends. I'm even glad you have happy memories of Jamie's early years. I know you, Harry. I know you would have tried to make your marriage work, not that I'm blaming her for everything. Luna told me that maybe our kids were destined to do something important, and that they wouldn't have been born if we had gotten together earlier, like we planned. I couldn't imagine not having Abby in my life, and I'm sure you are the same with Jamie. Somehow, our two children met and became friends, best friends, and that has brought you back to me, given us a second chance. I want to take that chance with you Harry. I hope you do, with me,” she said, her eyes looking at him, almost shyly.

Harry wiped a tear away that was running down her cheek. “I look at you, and I can't believe I have been away from you all these years. You're right, we have been given a second chance. I don't want to be without you again, Gin,” he said, holding her close.

“What are we going to do, Harry? How do we tell the kids, and save them from the hysteria that's bound to follow. I've told Abby some things, so has Ron and Hermione, but I don't think she really understands, which I'm glad. How can we protect Jamie? How do we begin to explain your life to your son?” asked Ginny.

“I really don't know. It's just going to be so overwhelming for him, it was enough when he realised he was a wizard, and now on top of that to find out he's Harry Potter's son? What if he hates me, Gin, what if he turns away from me, for what I've done?” asked Harry fretfully.

“I don't know, love, but I do know it will be better if he hears it from you soon, rather than finding out from anybody else. Then he will feel like you only told him because you had to. You were going to tell him one day, right?” asked Ginny.

“Yes, yes of course. Probably in the summer holidays, though, said Harry, back to stroking Ginny's hair.

“Harry, do you think it's time you came to the Burrow and told the family you were back. We can all brainstorm the best way to deal with this. We'll work out the best way to tell Jamie, too. We'll figure something out, I promise. You're not alone any more, you or Jamie. We're your family, and we'll protect our family. I love you Harry,” said Ginny.

Harry rolled Ginny on to her back, and leaned over her. She ran her hands up to his shoulders, then pulled his head down to kiss him.

They were done talking for the night. Tomorrow would come soon enough.












Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear