Search:

SIYE Time:1:31 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Seeing Double
By DragonHeartstring

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 136
Summary: Ginny Weasley became an Auror after a traumatic death made her determined to see no killer stay free. Harry Potter saved the wizarding world, and is now enjoying his life as Witch Weekly's Number One Bachelor, no longer worrying about Death Eaters and killers. But when a man who looks just like the 'Chosen One' himself is found murdered, the two must work together to find the killer before it is too late.
Hitcount: Story Total: 60281; Chapter Total: 5708
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
So, here we are. I really want to thank all of my regular reviewers and readers, and also anyone who is reading this farther into the future when I am no longer updating it. Nothing has made me happier than hearing that other people enjoyed this story. For anyone who is interested, there was some discussion about another story set in this universe, so you will have to stay tuned to see if that ever happens. Without further ado, here is the epilogue. As promised, it is short and sugary sweet. And for those who do not know, the last line is actually a catchphrase for Harry Potter AND Castle, so it was a readymade and perfectly cliché ending for me. Hope you enjoy it and let me know! THANKS again!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“So he won’t admit to it?”

“No,” Ginny answered Harry’s question as they sat in the break room of the Auror Office. “He isn’t nearly as talkative as he was back at the warehouse and won’t say anything, but we have him no matter what. Hermione did an adapted muggle test on the letters and the knife and found something — I think she said a fingerprint — that is a match to Rookwood. And with what Malfoy told us when he was in interrogation and the fact that Rookwood captured and tortured two Aurors, he will be in Azkaban for life.” Ginny smiled.

Harry didn’t. “You mean tortured three Aurors.”

“Yes, okay, three Aurors.” She looked at him for a second. “Potter, about that. You didn’t have to step in like that, I was okay.” She looked at the skeptical look on his face. “No, really. That wasn’t the first time that has happened to me. And that probably doesn’t make it any better but… this is my job, this is what I do.” She toyed with the cup of tea in front of her instead of looking back at him.

Harry sighed. “I know that, but I couldn’t just stand by and watch you in pain like that. Especially not after…” he trailed off without finishing his sentence. Shaking his head slightly, he started again. “Anyway, I knew you couldn’t fight Rookwood when you were down, and he could have done anything with you disarmed.”

“Still, you shouldn’t have done that,” Ginny chided gently. “Although, it was pretty impressive. I must say: you are one of the greatest duelers I have ever seen.”

“One of my many talents,” Harry responded, waving his hand dismissively. “I have had enough practice at this point in my life.” He finally smiled. “Sorry I broke your rules and stepped in.” His smile turned into a lascivious grin. “Are you going to arrest me? I already said that you could punish me whenever you want.”

Despite his teasing manner, Ginny could feel herself blushing. She flashed back to a few hours earlier, outside of the warehouse, and waited for Harry to say something.

“Potter and Weasley,” Seamus loudly announced his presence in the room. Ginny jumped back in her seat, startled to find that she had been unconsciously leaning in toward Harry. “Quite the dynamic duo, no?”

“Glad to see you are up on your feet,” Ginny said, standing and pouring two more cups of tea as Aaron walked gingerly into the room and sat down at the table. “How are you feeling, Mathews?”

He groaned in response.

“He was great,” Seamus said in admiration. “Took probably fifteen curses; I only took two. I don’t think I would have been able to withstand that.” He clapped Aaron on the back, eliciting another groan as Aaron leaned forward and dropped his head on the table.

“I’m so happy I could oblige, Seamus,” he said, his voice muffled by the table. “Although, next time you want me to impress you, could you pick something other than torture?"

Ginny laughed, handing one tea to Seamus and placing the other down in front of Aaron. He sat up and took a sip, sighing gratefully.

“That certainly helps,” he said, sitting up straighter. “But seriously, we have to thank both of you. If you hadn’t come when you did… well, who knows how it could have ended.” Ginny smiled.

“Just doing our jobs,” Harry said, saluting them.

“Actually, I was just doing my job. I don’t know what the bloody hell he was doing,” Ginny said, motioning to Harry. He shrugged.

“How did you figure it out, anyway?” Aaron asked.

“When we went to see Appelwyth he told us that there was a ‘second Rookwood’ who was with Augustus one day,” Ginny explained. “And the only people who saw this were Appelwyth, Clarke, and Hapkirk; they were the only ones who would be able to expose Clement when the threat went public. So he decided to kill them and make it obvious who his real target was in the process.” Once again, she motioned to Harry. “We are just lucky that we got to Appelwyth before he was killed as well.”

“Hmm,” Seamus began. “Interesting. But what I want to know is how the two of you got in without alerting the guard outside. Rookwood was going on about how he was going to be ready for you when you came and all of that, but you managed to catch him by surprise.”

Ginny began to answer, but she stopped herself. She knew that if she told the real story, that these two would never let her hear the end of it. Besides, she did not want to talk about it with either of them before she could talk about it with Harry. She turned to look at him to see what he would say. Harry just smiled.

“I can’t give away all of my secrets, can I?” he asked with a grin. “What will I be able to bring to the table next time if I do?”

“Next time?” Ginny asked. “What makes you think you are welcome back here now that this case is over?”

Harry laughed. “The Minister is a friend, remember? And you know that you would miss me too much if I left for good.”

Ginny blushed. She wasn’t about to admit to that. “I suppose if Robards makes me tolerate you again, I will have to. After all, I value my job more than rejecting what the Head Auror, let alone the Minister, wants me to do.”

“Right, ‘tolerate’ me,” said Harry skeptically. “Besides, if the Aurors could let an almost completely undocumented identical twin of a dead Death Eater escape without notice and almost kill me,” Harry took a deep breath before continuing, “Merlin knows what you are going to let slip past you in the future without my assistance.” Ginny lightly slapped his shoulder.

“Yes, we definitely would shut down without you, Harry Potter.” Harry reached up and grabbed her hand before she could move it away, keeping it still on his shoulder. Seamus and Aaron exchanged a glance and a smirk before standing.

“We’d better be going,” Aaron began, “I need another dose of that pain potion.” The two of them left, laughing, because neither Ginny nor Harry seemed to have heard what he said.

“So,” Ginny began, running her free hand through her hair self-consciously.

“So,” Harry repeated. “I don’t have to stick around if you really want me to leave.” The look on his face was serious, but Ginny smiled.

“But how else would we be able save the world?” Harry smiled at this as well. “You might as well start up at the Auror Academy.”

Harry laughed. “I don’t think so. I never said I want to work all the time. But I am thinking of something else.” Ginny looked at him curiously, and he ducked his head in embarrassment. “I guess I never realized that so many people were touched by the war in so many ways and that it wasn’t just about me. So I think I am going to start a charity for anyone who lost someone or was affected by Voldemort in some way.”

“Harry, that’s wonderful,” she beamed. Ginny moved her hand from his shoulder to straighten the rumpled collar on his muggle shirt, remembering exactly what was happening the last time she touched it a few hours ago.

“I was having a lot of fun doing nothing these last few years, but that isn’t who I really am. I need to do something with myself or I will just go crazy,” Harry laughed.

Ginny smiled. “Not to mention all of the gorgeous witches that will come to your charity events now. You won’t even have to go out and find them at other parties.”

Harry raised one eyebrow curiously. “You want me to go find other gorgeous witches?” he asked.

“Other?”

“I think one is enough for me to handle,” Harry said. He paused and looked thoughtful. “Actually, I don’t know if I can even handle this one.”

Ginny smiled. “Do you have a girlfriend I don’t know about, Potter?” she asked, echoing his words from days earlier.

“That depends,” he said. “There is someone… pretty girl, thinks she can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Carries the weight of the world on her shoulders and yet sill manages to laugh at some of my jokes.”

Ginny smiled. “Oh really?”

“Yeah.” Harry sighed. “Do you think I will have to compete with Diggory for all of her attention?”

At that, Ginny launched herself forward, landing in Harry’s lap and kissing him passionately. Harry wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back, smiling widely as he did so.

Ginny slowly pulled away and leaned her forehead against his. They looked at each other and smiled.

“You aren’t going anywhere, are you?” she asked.

“You think you can get rid of me that easily?” Harry asked with a laugh.

“I guess I can count on you to watch my back.” Ginny asked, hugging him tightly.

“Always.”
Reviews 136
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear