Search:

SIYE Time:12:34 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Clueless
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, General, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 63
Summary: Harry and Ginny. Roommates and best friends. Both wanting the best for each other. Everyone but them can see they are perfect for each other. It's a pity they are both Clueless.
Hitcount: Story Total: 34040; Chapter Total: 5185
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 2

Harry and Ron made their way to the apparition points around Exmoor stadium as quickly as they could. Luckily there wasn't a huge crowd in attendance, as it was the Chudley Cannons vs the Ballycastle Bats; neither had a huge following as it had been years since either side had won the Quidditch Cup. Only the faithful went to the games, and as Ron had a spare ticket, Harry had said he'd go.

It had been a couple of weeks since Harry and Ginny's drunken night out. They had both woken up late the next day, quickly downing the hangover potion Ginny had the foresight to leave out in readiness the night before. They then spent the day in their pyjamas, laying on the couch together, watching movies and ordering take out for tea. Harry had introduced Ginny to his collection of Muggle movies and, like her father, Ginny was fascinated with all things Muggle. She loved watching Harry's movies, and they had endless discussions about the Star Wars saga.

Harry and Ron waited in queue when they reached the apparition point. It wasn't too long, but Harry knew they had a few minutes before they'd make it to the head of the queue.

“Wonder what Hermione's cooking for tea. I'm starving!” said Ron cheerfully. The Cannons had surprisingly had a win, and he was in a good mood. “Pity we didn't have time to stop off at the pub for a drink with the boys, and really celebrate this victory,” said Ron, gesturing to a group of Cannon fans who came every week, rain, hail or shine.

Harry winced. “You didn't tell me Hermione was actually cooking. Has she gotten any better?” he asked.

Ron laughed and shrugged. “Nah, not really. Lucky I've got a cast iron stomach, don't you think?” he said, patting his stomach. “Besides, she tries so hard, she follows the recipe, but I don't know, things just don't come out right. Funny, she was always top of the class in Potions. Anyway, I'd eat anything she made, and you will too. I don't want her feelings getting hurt, understand?”

“Yeah sure, no worries, I just really fancied some greasy fish and chips. I know she's trying to do better at the cooking; I'll eat everything on my plate, I swear,” promised Harry.

They moved forward with the crowd. Ron spoke again. “I think she thinks she has to cook as well as Mum, which is crazy. She forgets that Mum didn't go out to work, especially as hard as Hermione does. I don't want her to think she has to come home and prepare me a meal, you know. Sometimes, if we get off early, I like to come home and get things ready for her. So as soon as she comes home from work, I tell her to go hop in the bath, pour her a glass of wine, then get the meal ready for when she comes out. It's nice, I like doing things like that for her.”

“Wow, Ron, I'm really impressed,” said Harry, genuinely surprised.

Ron shrugged. “She took such good care of us on the Horcrux hunt, well, she's not the most girly girl, thank goodness, but she's special, my 'Mione. I like to tell her that everyday. We wasted so much time earlier, and I can't bear to think about what my life would be like if something happened to her, especially after, well, all that”

Ron didn't have to mention Malfoy Manor for Harry to know what he meant. Harry knew Hermione still had nightmares about being tortured, although less frequently these days. Ron had struggled with how to help Hermione best; together they went to counselling, and Ron was her best source of comfort.

Harry patted Ron on the back in consolation; finally they moved to the head of the queue, and apparated down the road from Ron and Hermione's little cottage, just on the outskirts of Ottery St Catchpole.

“I'm happy for you, mate, for both of you. I've seen it coming since fourth year really and-”

“Second year. I knew in second year that I had feelings for her, I just didn't know what they were,” said Ron.

“Really?” asked Harry.

“Seeing her petrified, well, it makes a bloke think about what life would have been like without her around. Course, we were only twelve at the time,” laughed Ron, waving to a neighbour.

“So, why wait so long to get together?” asked Harry.

“You, to be honest. She hugged you, not me, when she woke up from being petrified, she believed you about the whole Tri-Wizard cup thing, she chose to stay with you when I walked out during the Horcrux hunt. You saw how that made me feel when I destroyed the locket, I was jealous,” said Ron.

“Ron, mate, there's never been anything like that between Hermione and me,” said Harry, frowning.

“I know, and well, after the Battle, all that crap didn't matter anyway. We made it, all of us, and when you think how close we came at times, well, it made me realise how much I love her. No-one can know what it was like for me, for her, well, except you. I couldn't imagine being with someone who really didn't understand what we'd been through, can you?”

Harry shook his head. “I think that's why I've going out with girls I knew at Hogwarts. They know me, my past, sort of knew what I've been through. It's like starting out on the second date. It's probably why things never would have worked out with Lisa.”

Ron smirked as he checked the letter box, then made his way up the drive. “Ya think?” he teased.

“Git”, replied Harry.

“Prat!” shot back Ron, tripping over his shoes left laying in the hall.

“Dumbass!” laughed Harry.

“Ron, Harry, I wasn't expecting you home just yet. Ron, give me your scarf, and I'll hang it up,” said Hermione, reaching up as Ron was quite taller than she was.

Harry was suddenly jealous, wishing he had someone to greet him and take his scarf.

Ron grabbed her around the waist, and kissed her. “Cannons won, love, can you believe it? What's for dinner, we're starving?”

Hermione shot an embarrassed glance at Harry. “Ron, really, not in front of everyone, er Harry. Um, I was going to make steak and kidney pie-”

Ron and Harry's mouths and stomach's drooled.

“-but I had some problems. Ron, I really do think it's the oven that's faulty. Anyway, it burnt, it was totally ruined.”

“So, no tea?” asked Ron, crestfallen. Harry's stomach rumbled.

Hermione scoffed. “Of course there's tea. Ginny's just popped out to get it, she should be back any-”

“I'm back, Hermione,” called Ginny from the kitchen. They all headed there.

“Hey guys, how was the game? I heard a rumour the Cannons won, is it true? Oh Hermione, do we really need plates, it's fish and chips, we can just eat out of the paper, can't we?”

“I suppose so. Ron, take them through to the dining table please, I'll bring in some glasses and things.”

Ron nodded and went to grab the fish and chips.

“Hey you, have fun with Ron?” asked Ginny, coming over to Harry as they headed into the dining room.

“Well, the Cannons won, so I guess history was made today, Merlin knows when it will happen again. I could kiss you, though,” said Harry, unaware Hermione was watching and listening to the pair.

“For what? Here, let me get your scarf, Harry,” said Ginny, unwinding the Gryffindor scarf Harry still wore.

Harry leaned in to her, and, behind the door, Hermione leaned closer to hear. “Don't tell Hermione, but I really felt like fish and chips for tea, so I'm kind of glad her pie burnt. Now, if you happen to have a pint, then I think I'm gonna have to marry you,” he grinned.

Hermione gasped, then covered her mouth with her hand. Neither heard her, as Ginny laughed.

They went to sit down, and Hermione came in, carrying bread and butter and glasses. “What do you want to drink?” she asked.

Ginny smirked and pulled out a six pack of lager. Harry dramatically grabbed his heart, causing Ginny to laugh again. Hermione smiled, as she watched the interaction between the two. Even Ron was looking between them, aware of something happening.

“So, tell me about the match?” said Ginny, taking out two pieces of bread. She put one of her plate, and buttered another one and gave it Harry.

Hermione watched fascinated, as Harry poured sauce all over his chips, then poured a little on the side of Ginny's plate. Ron and Hemione glanced at each other, then concentrated on their food.

Ron talked enthusiastically about the Cannons victory, with Harry adding things here and there. As Ginny was a big Quidditch fan, despite having chosen to go to Auror training rather than pursue a Quidditch career, she liked to keep up to date on the season. Hermione was content to sit back and listen to the three discuss their favourite teams. Ginny's was the Holyhead Harpies, the team who had tried to recruit her. Harry's was Puddlemere United, because Oliver Wood played for them.

As they let their dinner settle, Hermione had the chance to talk with Harry while Ron and Ginny tidied up the kitchen and had a look at the oven.

“So, Harry, are you seeing any one at the moment?” she asked.

Harry shook his head as he reached for another beer. “You heard about me and Padma, didn't you? Well, that's it, there's been no-one since. I've just been having fun hanging out with Gin, while she's been home,” said Harry, contentedly.

“Well, there's no rush, is there? What exactly are you looking for in a girl, anyway? What went wrong with your other relationships?” asked Hermione.

Harry shrugged. “I don't know. I like being part of a couple, I like having someone to come home to, to plan things with. I see you and Ron, and I want that too. You guys are great together, you know that, right?”

Hermione nodded. “Yes, but Harry, Ron and I have known each other since we were eleven. We've been through so much together, that when we finally got together, well, it's like we were already a couple.”

“I know, that's why I've been dating girls that I know from Hogwarts. Susan Bones, Cho, well, that was a mistake I won't ever go back to; and now Padma. I don't expect to hear back from her any time soon,” sighed Harry.

“Well, what is it you want in a relationship, Harry?” asked Hermione, curiously.

“Oh, I don't know, just someone to be with, to hang out with. Someone that doesn't care about the whole 'Harry Potter' shit, and just likes me for me.”

“What's your perfect woman like Harry?”asked Hermione.

Harry paused to think, as sound of laughter came from the kitchen. He smiled at the sound.

“I want, well, a girl that's fun to be with, one that I can talk to, or just be comfortable with. Smart, sexy, likes Quidditch, and I guess a little bit crazy to put up with all my moods and stuff. Sometimes I work crazy hours, so she should be independent. She has to get along with my friends, and the Weasley's. She has to like kids, because there's Teddy, and eventually I want to have kids of my own. Oh, and she should be amazing in bed!” finished Harry.

Hermione had just taken a drink, and at Harry's last comment, she spat her mouthful of beer out. Harry burst out laughing, and handed her a napkin.

“Gotcha! Seriously, it's the little things that I like, you know, about being in a relationship, like knowing what sort of things we each like for breakfast-”

“Oh, Hermione, that reminds me, I'm gonna snatch a couple of eggs off you, for Harry's breakfast tomorrow. Dippy eggs and toasty soldiers, okay, Harry?” asked Ginny, poking her head through the door separating the kitchen to the dining room. Harry nodded eagerly. Ginny winked at him, and disappeared back into the kitchen.

“Anything else, Harry?” asked Hermione with a shake of head. How could he not see what is right in front of him?

“Just knowing our favourite movies and music, food, cuddling on the couch, spending time with Teddy. God, I'm sounding like a big girl, aren't I? Er, no offence,” said Harry.

“Here you go, love. Choc chip ice cream for dessert,” said Ron, coming in with a bowl for Hermione and himself.

“Here Harry, vanilla with chocolate sauce on top, with a sprinkle of nuts,” said Ginny, coming in to place a big bowl in front of Harry.

“Aren't you having any, Gin?” asked Ron. She shook her head, but looked hopefully at Harry.

Harry sighed and slid his bowl over between them. Ginny pulled out a spoon and took a scoop of Harry's dessert. They clicked their spoons together, and started eating.

Ron and Hermione watched them, and turned to look at each other, raising their eyebrows.

Harry and Ginny stayed for another hour, then made their way to the fireplace to floo home. Harry helped Ginny with her coat, and Ginny wound the scarf back around Harry's neck. They left, promising to be in touch soon for another get together.

Ron turned to Hermione. “Is it me, or is there something going on between them?”

Hermione sighed. “No, Ron, you're right. There is something definitely going on there, I just don't think they are even aware of it.”

“How can they not know? Did you see him tonight, he knew how she liked the sauce on her plate, knew she'd wanna share his ice cream,” said Ron.

“What about Ginny? She knows he likes his bread buttered and what flavour ice cream he likes, and what he likes for breakfast!” asked Hermione.

“Maybe it's just because they're room-mates. They'd eat together a lot, I suppose,” said Ron.

“Yes, but it's the way they do things for each other, it's so sweet. Oh, I just want to grab them and shake them. They could be so good together,” sighed Hermione.

“Well, I can't think of a better bloke for my sister. Honestly, I thought I was bad when it came to you, but, let's face it, they're both just-”

“Clueless,” they said together.







Reviews 63
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear