Search:

SIYE Time:11:17 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Clueless
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, General, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 63
Summary: Harry and Ginny. Roommates and best friends. Both wanting the best for each other. Everyone but them can see they are perfect for each other. It's a pity they are both Clueless.
Hitcount: Story Total: 34038; Chapter Total: 4834
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
At the halfway mark of the story, hope you are enjoying it.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




Ginny wiped her brow as she moved to the shade of her tent. Working on-site in Egypt was fascinating, and as she prepared her lunch, she pulled out a book on the Ancient Egyptians and their curses, hoping to find something to help her with her latest assignment.

She tried to concentrate, but her conversation with Hermione before she left kept coming back to her. Hermione had flooed over the night before she'd left, and as Harry and Ron were doing the night shift, they decided to have tea together. It was as they were eating that Ginny brought up the cafe incident.

“Why would you do that to Harry, Hermione? You put him in an embarrassing situation, you know.”

“I know, and I have apologised to him, but I did it for him. He told me about how he wants to find the perfect woman, so I thought if he knew what he did wrong with the other girls, well, he'll know what not to do with the right one,” explained Hermione.

“Yeah well, sounds to me as if a lot of the fault lies in the women Harry dates, not Harry. I told him to stop looking so hard for the perfect woman, and maybe it will just happen.”

“Yes well, maybe the perfect woman is right under his nose, and he doesn't know it. Maybe she doesn't know it either,” hinted Hermione, watching for Ginny's reaction.

Ginny screwed up her nose. “How can you not know if you love each other, that's crazy.”

“Maybe they're confused about their feelings. Tell me Ginny, how do you feel when Harry brings someone home, on a date?”

Ginny shrugged. “I haven't really been around. The thing with Susan happened while I was at Hogwarts my seventh year, the thing with Cho was just one night, and that was at hers. He was just going on his first date with Padma when I was leaving for Egypt, so I really don't know.”

“How do you think you'd feel if he brought a girl home, told you she may be 'the one'?” asked Hermione.

Ginny stared at Hermione. “Do you know something, has Harry told you he's met someone?”

Hermione shook her head.

Ginny sighed. “I don't know, I admit I was worried when he was seeing that Muggle, it lasted longer than I thought it would. From what he told me, she didn't sound like the type to be happy with the whole, 'I'm a wizard' thing. It worried me, because I thought Harry might go to the Muggle world.”

Hermione nodded. “Yes, I worried about that, too. I want Harry to be happy, find someone, build a future with someone. I have to admit, I've never seen him as happy as he has been lately.”

“Oh, God, he's met someone hasn't he? He has been happy lately, every time we've been together, we've had a great time, it's because he's in love, isn't it?” asked Ginny, flushing.

Hermione smiled in relief. “Yes, I think he is.”

“He hasn't said anything to me, is he afraid I won't like her? Why won't he bring her home to meet me?”

“No, Ginny, you've got it wrong-”

“Maybe she's upset that he lives with a girl, is that it? Maybe he's embarrassed by me, maybe she's a real girly girl, and I'm not, so he thinks we won't have anything in common,” said Ginny, anxiously.

“Ginny, I really think you need to calm down and-”

“I thought we were best friends, that we could tell each other everything. This is huge, this is, is - this is what he wants,” says Ginny, in sudden realisation.

“Ginny, stop! Harry hasn't met anyone new, how can he, when he spends all of his free time with you?” said Hermione.

Ginny thought for a minute. “You're right, we have been spending a lot of time together lately. We've just been having so much fun, even when it's just watching a movie and stuff. How is he going to meet anyone new if he's hanging around with me? I'm so selfish.”

“No, Ginny, that's not what I meant, I just-”

“Hermione, I'm sorry, I really don't feel hungry any more, I think I might finish packing and have an early night, do you mind?” asked Ginny.

“Ginny, I really think you need to-”

“Please Hermione, I'm really tired, can we talk about this another time?” asked Ginny.

Hermione sighed. “Okay, but we will talk more about this when you get back from Egypt, all right?”

Ginny nodded and hugged her goodbye. “Say good bye to Ron for me, I should be back in a week or two.”

“Take care Ginny, and we'll see you when you get back. Don't worry about Harry, we'll look after him while you're gone,” said Hermione, smiling.

Ginny frowned now as she ate her lunch and thought about it over and over. She had the feeling she was missing something, but she didn't know what. She decided to talk about it with Harry when she returned home.

There was a knock on her tent door. “Come in,” she called.

She was pleasantly surprised to see her brother, and boss, Bill. She hugged him, and the siblings sat down. Bill brought her up to date on the family, happily announcing that Fleur was pregnant again.

“Bill, that's wonderful news, congratulations! How's Fleur feeling? Is Victoire excited at being a big sister?” she asked.

Bill smiled. “Fleur has got morning sickness pretty bad, all day really, just like when she was expecting Vic. Yes, Vic's thrilled, she pulled all her toys together, and made a small pile of ones she's going to give to the baby,” he chuckled.

“Ooh, sounds like another Weasley witch is on the way. Another one for me to spill all my secrets to, to corrupt, as only another Weasley witch can,” said Ginny, rubbing her hands together.

Bill nodded. “Vic adores her Aunt Ginny, you know that.”

“Which just shows she's a witch with very good taste, even for a toddler,” smirked Ginny.

Bill threw his head back and laughed. “Now, tell me what's going on here. I have read your reports, and I'm pretty impressed with what you've found here, Gin.”

“It's been great Bill, the tomb of Khufu has some amazing curses on it. I really need to get into the Egyptian Museum at Cairo to check something out on the figurine of him there. They say it was found headless, which they put down to a digging accident, but I have reason to believe it was something else.”

She went on to explain her theories, and the curses they had broken in the tomb they were searching. Some treasure had been found, but Ginny's instincts told her there was more.

Bill listened, offering some words of guidance and wisdom, but nonetheless, impressed with her work.

“You know Gin, I never doubted you'd make a good apprentice, which is why I took you on, but I've got to say, you've really impressed me and the bosses at Gringott's. They asked me to pass that on to you, and believe me, that is a big deal,” said Bill, proudly.

Ginny smiled. “Thanks Bill, it really means a lot. I've really enjoyed working in Egypt, I can see why you stayed for so long.”

“You know, a permanent posting in Egypt is a possibility for you. There's always work here, always a tomb to explore or treasure to find,” suggested Bill.

Ginny nodded slowly.

Bill continued. “Or Paris, you can be posted permanently to Paris, instead of England. You'll get a lot more international work if you're based in Paris, and I know you've loved the travel side of the job.”

Ginny nodded. She loved to travel and meet new people and explore new cultures.

“Normally we'd wait till the end of your third year to offer you these positions, but I was told I could tell you that your name has been mentioned frequently lately. There's been some vacancies come up, in both our Paris and Egypt branches, and they're anxious to fill them. Gin, you can basically take your pick. Congratulations,” said Bill.

Ginny's head was swimming. Paris was the centre for the international scene, she could go all over the world if she accepted that position. She had loved working in Egypt though, and there was plenty of work available. Could she really leave England, though? Her family, her friends, Harry?

An image of Harry popped in to her head. In her mind, he was happy and carefree, like when he was with Teddy. Her heart ached. He'd become her best friend when Ron and Hermione had gotten closer in their sixth year, her fifth. He'd become her confidant, and she his, as he spoke of his uncertainty that he could fulfil the prophecy. His shoulders carried a burden with a load that was too much to bear for one person, and if he could unload some of that on to her, then she was glad. Their nightmares drew them to the common room late at night, where they'd talk about everything from the possibility of what the twins would do to Percy if he ever returned to the family to whether Dean Thomas would ever realise she was a functioning person who could open a bloody door herself.

Ginny shook her head, as she heard Bill speaking to her. “Gin, Gin, hey, where did you go? You zoned out on me for a bit there. You don't have to give me an answer today, you know. Just think about it. You'll get a formal offer in the post, probably sometime in the next month. They'll probably give you a month to decide, and if you agree to go, well, you'd probably want to go and get set up in the New Year, I know you'd want to spend Christmas with the family. You'd need to find somewhere to live and all that.

Ginny thought of the little flat she and Harry shared. When Ron had lived there, it was very much a bloke's flat, couch, television, table, fridge and beds. When Ginny moved in she'd added little touches, like lamps and art. She encouraged Harry to hang photos of his parents, Sirius and Remus around. Together they got little Teddy to dip his hands and feet in paint, and pressed them onto some parchment, a keepsake for Andromeda for her birthday, but Ginny had insisted on one for Harry, too. It was now stuck on their fridge. Their flat was now their little home. Ginny couldn't imagine living any where else.

Ginny smiled weakly at Bill. “Wow, that's such a great opportunity, thanks for letting me know. I-I just don't think I can live that far away from the family, you know. At least when I'm based in England, I'm away for a week or a month, then I come home and see my friends and family. I love my little flat, too.”

“You love the flat? Or is it Harry?” asked Bill.

He knew his sister. He had been the shoulder she had cried on after the whole Chamber of Secrets thing. She'd confessed her shame at her weakness, especially in front of Harry, and that had led to the end of her crush on the Boy who Lived. Of course, Bill had also seen the two grow closer as the years went on, and he'd often pondered on why they had never got together. From what he could see, they made a great couple; looking out for each other, and had the same sense of humour. Ginny often pulled Harry out of his dark 'funks', and Harry treated Ginny with the care and respect Bill knew she deserved. Yes, Bill was on board with the whole 'Harry and Ginny' thing.

“Harry? What's he got to do with it?” asked Ginny.

Bill shook his head and stood up.

“I think Harry's got everything to do with your decision. Anyway, I have to go, I'm Portkeying home tomorrow. I'll see you before I leave, okay? Just think about things, Gin. It's a great opportunity, but listen to your heart, it will tell you the right thing to do.”

Ginny looked confused as Bill left. He shook his head and chuckled. “Hermione's right, she is totally and absolutely clueless!”










Reviews 63
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear