Search:

SIYE Time:13:36 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Clueless
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, General, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 63
Summary: Harry and Ginny. Roommates and best friends. Both wanting the best for each other. Everyone but them can see they are perfect for each other. It's a pity they are both Clueless.
Hitcount: Story Total: 34042; Chapter Total: 4884
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
It's a nice fluffy Christmas for Harry and Ginny. One chapter left after this




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




Harry finished wrapping his presents and gathered them up. He'd spent the afternoon at Ron and Hermione's; they were going to have a quiet Christmas Eve together, their first in their new flat, and were spending Christmas morning with the Grangers. Harry wouldn't see them till lunch time, at the Burrow.

He'd also popped over to see Andromeda, to see if there was anything last minute he could do for her, or that she had to do. He was happy to play with Teddy while she Apparated to the shops as she had run out of wrapping paper.

He grabbed a quick bite to eat at the Leaky Cauldron, happy to see Neville there; home for the holidays. He'd been chatting to Hannah Abbott. Harry remembered her from school. He made a promise to get them all together after Christmas; Neville saying he'd send an owl to Luna. After promising to give Ginny and all the Weasley's Neville's best wishes, Harry Apparated to Godric's Hollow.

Harry liked the little village, despite it bringing back horrible memories of a cold lonely Christmas Eve when he'd arrived with Hermione, saw his parents graves for the first time, and ended up fighting Nagini. He could see why it had appealed to his parents though, and, not for the first time, wished he had been able to grow up here, with his parents and possibly siblings.

This was actually the first Christmas Eve he had been there alone. The year after the war ended, Hermione had reminded Harry of how they had spent the previous Christmas Eve, and asked if he would like she and Ron to accompany him that year. He had agreed, then the following year, Ginny joined them. Last year it had just been Ginny and him. Now it was him alone.

He paused to look at the little house where his parents had been killed. He imagined Sirius visiting on his motorcycle, his mother browsing in the local shops, his dad having a pint at the tavern. He wanted that life, and if he couldn't have it for him, he wanted it for his children. His dream family felt close tonight.

Harry made a stop at the little church that was adjacent to the cemetery. He listened to the service, and enjoyed the carols sung by the choir. He lit a candle, for his parents, for Remus and Tonks, for Sirius and Dumbledore, for Fred and Cedric. After greeting Father Michaels and leaving a hefty donation, Harry made his way to the cemetery.

He made his way to his parent's headstone, laying a wreath on the grave site. He spoke to his parents, told them how he was doing since he'd last been there in June for Father's Day. He hesitated, them it was as if the floodgates opened. He told them about Ginny, how wonderful she was, how she was his best friend; how he wanted to do right by her; how she brought out the best in him.

He stopped to take a breath. He wished Ginny were here with him. He didn't mind being here alone, but everything was better when he was with her. The breeze blew, bringing with it a whisp of Ginny's flowery fragrance in the air. He breathed it in, the scent had surrounded him last night as they lay in bed together, and he knew he would never smell it and not think about last night.

The scent was getting stronger, and he looked around. Standing behind him was Ginny. He smiled at her, of relief she was home, and of happiness that she was there with him.

She came to stand beside him, laying a white rose with a festive green and red ribbon on their graves.

“You didn't think I'd let you come here all alone, did you?”she asked, smiling softly.

She slid her arm through his, and rested her head on his shoulder. He smiled. His heart was full.

“Let's go home, Harry,” she said.

They left the cemetery, waving goodbye to Father Michaels, who watched them with a smile. Harry gathered her in a hug, and side Apparated them home. They landed with a pop, both stumbling into each other. Laughing, they looked at each other.

“Hi,” said Ginny softly.

“Hi,” repeated Harry.

“You put the tree up! It looks great, and you've even placed presents under it. Wait, it's missing the star on top. Have you tried the lights?”cried Ginny, looking around in delight.

“I was going to put the lights on tonight, and I was waiting for you to put the star on. Here,” said Harry, getting it off the couch and handing it to her.

Ginny took it and placed the star on top of the tree. Harry turned on the Muggle lights he had insisted on trying this year. He turned off the main lights, so the lounge room was aglow in soft twinkly multi coloured lights.

“Oh Harry, it's beautiful,” said Ginny, looking at the tree.

“Yes, you are,” said Harry, putting his arms around her from behind.

She leaned into him, and he nuzzled her neck. She turned so they were face to face.

“I'm sorry I had to leave so early. I didn't want to wake you, in fact, I really didn't want to leave you. A friend of mine, Nikki, had an accident on site. It was one I had worked on earlier, so they called me in. I contained the curse, was able to check up on Nikki, and while I was there, I was able to say thanks, but no thanks to their job offer. I'm staying here, based in England. I-”

Harry cut her off by kissing her. She responded eagerly. Clothes started to be tossed aside.

“Thank you, that's the best Christmas present you could give me,” said Harry, helping her pull her shirt off.

They made love under the twinkling Christmas lights, until Harry picked her up and carried her into his bedroom.

They awoke in the morning, and Harry discovered the joys of morning sex. He laughingly proclaimed this would be the first of their Christmas traditions, and Ginny reminded him of how much she had enjoyed their new Christmas Eve tradition.

They shared breakfast in bed, then reluctantly separated. Harry went to the Tonks's house, and Ginny went to the Burrow to help her mother in the kitchen before everyone arrived for lunch.

Teddy arrived in Harry's arms. He quickly went to Ginny, as Harry flooed back to help Andromeda bring things from her house to the Burrow.

“Merry Christmas, Teddy Bear!” cried Ginny, rubbing noses with him.

He giggled. “Merry Kismas Dinny,” he said. “Biki?” he asked.

“Vicky is in the lounge room, come on, let's go and find her” she said, putting him down and taking his hand.

Harry and Andromeda flooed back, and she immediately went into the kitchen to help Molly. Harry went to the lounge, greeting all the Weasley's, shaking Arthur's hand, and kissing all the women on the cheek. He went to sit near Ginny, who was keeping an eye on Teddy.

Harry felt Ron and Hermione's eyes on him, and probably Ginny. They hadn't discussed if they were going to tell the family they were together, hell, they hadn't discussed the future themselves. They just knew they were going to be together.

When everyone had arrived, they handed out presents. Harry continued his godfather's tradition and gave Teddy a new broom, much to the dismay of Andromeda and Molly. Ginny assured them it didn't go too far off the ground, or too fast, and she would make sure Teddy had cushioning charms around him.

As Harry and Ginny had shopped together, there was a bit of teasing about the gifts being from them together. As they handed them out, George had said, “Ahem,” and pointed up to some mistletoe hanging.

Ginny blushed and Harry laughed. “Nah, probably full of Nargles,” he said.

“What's a Nargle?” asked George, dumbfounded.

“You'll have to ask Luna next time you see her,” teased Harry.

Harry and Ginny exchanged gifts, with a deep look at each other. Neither opened them yet, preferring to have lunch first.

After lunch, Ginny lay a sleepy Teddy down on her bed and stayed with him until he fell asleep. She took the opportunity to open Harry's gift. It was a beautiful locket with a lovely 'G' inscribed on it. When she opened it, on the right side, interchanging photos of her family appeared, as if in a slide show. On the right was a picture of Harry.

“I hope you like it,” said Harry, standing in the doorway. She shushed him, and they left her room and went across the hall to Ron's room.

“It's beautiful Harry, thank you. I love it, I really do,” she said, putting it on.

Harry picked it up and held it in his hand. “I put all your family in there, and I included Fred and I've added Teddy. I hope that's all right?”

She nodded and kissed him softly. “Open yours,” she said.

He Accio'd her gift to him. It was heavier than it looked, and it was quite large. Harry guessed it was a photo frame, and wondered who the picture might be of. He ripped the paper off, and stared.

It was a photo frame, but instead of a photo, it was lots of photos. It was a nostalgic look back at the past year. There were photos of Harry out for dinners with Ron, Hermione and Ginny, there were movie ticket stubs, there were dvd covers of Harry's favourite movies that he and Ginny had watched over and over. There were concert tickets, there was a photo of the two when they won that silly karaoke night so long ago, photos of him flying with Teddy; Teddy and him kicking the ball at the park. There was a menu from the restaurant they went to the night of Harry's birthday, there was his picture from the paper detailing a rescue he had been heavily involved with, and there was the Daily Prophet 's article proclaiming him to be the Sexiest Wizard of the Year.

“Wow, Ginny, that's amazing, when did you think of this? It's so wonderful,' said Harry, looking over it again, and finding new funny things to look at.

Ginny smiled. “Well, I found my movie stub in the pocket of a pair of jeans, I checked the pockets before I washed them. I put it aside, then next time we went to the zoo, I remembered and kept that ticket too. When I was thinking of what to get you, I was going through my photos, and I put them in the drawer where the movie tickets were. When I pulled the photos out to look through them, they came out too, and I loved the idea. So I started gathering little bits and pieces that were meaningful. Did you see this?” she pointed and laughed.

In the corner was a receipt for a pair of pink bras and matching panties. Harry threw his head back and laughed.

“God, I love you,” he said, kissing her.

“I love you too Harry, ”she said, kissing him back.

“Ahem,” said George, interrupting them. “No mistletoe here, peoples,” he smirked.

“Who needs mistletoe?” asked Harry, slinging an arm around Ginny, and she flung an arm around his waist.

George eyed them. “Well, well, about time, I must say. Listen, if I were you, I'd stay up here. Things are a bit tense downstairs at the moment,” he said, winking at them and closing the door.

“I wonder what's going on?” said Ginny. They crept to the top of the stairs and listened.

“-can't believe you got me a cookbook for Christmas! Is that your way of telling me I'm a bad cook. I can't help it if I don't cook as well as your mother, Ronald!” cried Hermione.

“But 'Mione, you love books. You know I'll eat anything you cook, no matter how bad it is-”

“Honestly Charlie, how could you embarrass me like that! You pull out a ring box, what am I supposed to think? Of course I thought you were proposing. I didn't imagine you'd ask me to live with you, and give me the key to your house in a ring box. God, I feel so stupid!” shouted Anna.

“It's symbolic, Anna. I thought I was being romantic. How was I to know you were hoping for a ring? Anna, Anna, put the fry pan down! Mum, help! Aaahhh!”

Harry and Ginny could hear Ron and Charlie scurrying after their partners, apologising profusely.
They crept back to Ron's room, and collapsed on the bed, laughing.

“God, my brother's are so clueless,” said Ginny.

Harry had to agree.




Reviews 63
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear