Search:

SIYE Time:14:25 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


How Hagrid Saved Christmas
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 14
Summary: Harry's youngest grandchild is scared of Santa coming in to her house on Christmas Eve!
Hitcount: Story Total: 8965; Chapter Total: 2098







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter



Lily's daughter, Gina, cried out, “Mummy had a accident!”

Her son Billy smirked. “Mummy peed her pants.”

“Gross!” called out Bradley and Brian, in unison.

“Boys, that's enough!” said Ali. “Liam, James, carry Lily upstairs. Ginny, Mum, will you come and help? Al, Scor, can you keep an eye on the kids. Bradley, Brian, will you help them with your cousins?”

“Yes Mum. Sure, Ali,” came the reply. Ali's training as a healer led her to snap into leader mode, and everyone was grateful to be given something to do.

“Is Mummy okay?” asked Ricki. Rose picked her up.

“She'll be fine, sweetie. Your baby brother or sister is coming today. Bet you didn't expect that for Christmas, did you?” she grinned, hugging her.

Billy called out, “I'm hungry. When's the baby coming, I wanna eat? Do we gotta wait for the baby?”

Neville picked up the carving knife. “No Billy, we'll go ahead and have our lunch. We'll put some aside for the others. Now, who's hungry?”

They all tucked in, enjoying the delicious Christmas feast. They shared stories of their friends, like Luna, Rolf and their twin sons, who were always travelling. George and Angelina had sent an owl; they were celebrating the day with Angelina's parents, their two children Fred and Roxanne, and their partners and children.

The meal was over, and was being tidied away when Liam came downstairs. He looked pale, but happy. “It's over. The baby's here. It's a -”

“Liam, we need you up here NOW!” yelled Ali. Liam paled further, and raced back upstairs.

Harry and Neville exchanged worried looks. Next thing they heard was a familiar sound. THUD.

“There goes Uncle Liam,” said Brian. “So, what's for dessert?”

Brandon looked at Al. “Told ya he'd pass out,” he chuckled. “I know my brother!”

Neville dished up ice cream for the children. The adults decided to wait till after presents, and without worrying the children, to wait and see what was going on upstairs.

Fifteen minutes later, Hannah and Ginny came downstairs. They looked exhausted. Ginny looked teary.

“How's Uncle Liam?” asked Bradley.

“Is my Daddy okay?” asked Billy.

Ginny burst into tears of laughter. The adults all stared at her, wondering if she was losing her mind.

“Gin, love, you're driving us crazy. How's Lil? Is everything all right?” demanded Harry.

“Everything is fine, Harry. Everyone I want you to meet the newest members of the family,” said Liam, from the bottom of the stairs. He was holding a bundle, and so was Ali. She handed the other one to him, and guided him forward. He had a bandage wrapped around his head.

He sat on a chair. “This one is Daniel James. He was born first. Then this one, our little surprise, is Dylan Albus. Twins again! We had no idea she was expecting two!” grinned Liam, still in a daze.

Harry held Ginny while he watched Billy, Gina and Ricki greet their new siblings. “Lil okay?” he whispered in her ear.

“I think she'll recover quicker than Liam. He'll have a nice scar on his forehead, from where he gashed his head when he passed out. Once the adrenaline of the babies arriving wears off, he's going to have a nice headache,” chuckled Ginny.

“Pfft, scar on the forehead? That's so been done before,” said Harry. Ginny laughed, slipping an arm around his waist and leaning on him.

They watched as James and Al held their new nephews, stunned by the thought that their sister had named them after them. They teased Liam about passing out. Liam accepted the congratulations and teasing well.

Harry escaped up the stairs. He popped his head in to Lily and Liam's bedroom. “Okay to come in?”

“Dad! Did you see them? Twins again, I can't believe we didn't know there were two. It was quite a surprise!” said Lily beaming.

Harry leaned over to kiss her forehead. “They are beautiful, Lil. You've done well. Your brothers are quite touched about you naming them after them. It was a lovely gesture.”

Lily smiled. “Dad, we know you don't really want any grandchildren named after you. It's like an unwritten rule. No Harry's. After you and Liam, my brothers are the most important men in my life. They are wonderful examples of what I want my sons to grow up to be. Who else could I name them after?”

Harry nodded. “You are a wonderful mum, Lil. Your new sons are very lucky. Now, I'll let you get some rest. I love you, my Lily Luna.”

“I love you, Dad,” said Lily. “Will you send the other children up. I want to have some private time with them, while everyone is admiring my new sons,” she grinned.

Harry nodded and left her, going back downstairs. He sent Billy up to see Lily. Ginny waited for him. “You okay now you've seen her?” she asked. He kissed her and nodded.

Billy came back downstairs, and Gina went up to see her mum. Five minutes later, she returned and Ricki went up. Everyone was gathered around the babies.

When Ricki returned, Ali decided the babies had had enough. Liam and her took a baby each, and went back upstairs to Lily.

“Is it present time yet, Daddy?” asked Annie to Scorpius.

“Yay, present time!” cried out all the children

The next hour was spent handing out and unwrapping presents. Ginny was able to banish all the ripped paper and boxes away. She had snuck up some food for Lily and Liam, leaving Harry to keep an eye on Billy, Gina and Ricki.

“I think that's the last of the presents,” said Neville, looking around.

“Damn, er, I mean, darn, I was hoping for a new broom,” said Bradley. His twin brother Brian nodded.

“What's that noise?” asked Draco. He got up to peer out the window. “Hey kids, you have got to see this!”

All the children came running to the windows. The adults were pleased to see the Bradley pick up Ginny Rose, and Brian pick up Minnie. The placed them where they could get a good look out one window. Annie, Cassie, Grace, Gina, Ricki, Billy and Kieran looked out another window.

“It's SANTA!”, they cried. They turned to their parents and grandparents. “It's really Santa!” they said, pointing.

“He's even on a motorbike, Dad,” said Kieran. “Santa is pretty cool.”

“He sure is, son. How about you all get coats and hats on, and we'll go and see why Santa has dropped by,” suggested Brandon, picking up his son.

“Maybe he brought a present for the new babies,” said Ricki.

“Babies don't need nothing,” said Gina. Ricki shrugged.

The adults helped the kids get their warm clothes on, and they all went outside. It was cold, but luckily, it wasn't snowing. Al and James had cast warming charms over the children.

As soon as they were outside, they ran to the motorbike. Harry grinned. It was Sirius's old motorbike. It was good to see it again. It made him feel that Sirius was a part of their Christmas day.

“Man, that's a classic,” sighed Brandon, eyeing off the bike.

“Santa, why are you here?”

“Did you forget something?”

“I got new brothers for Christmas, thank you Santa,” said Gina.

Hagrid was in the same clothes he had worn to be Santa for Ginny Rose. He took off his goggles, and his helmet.

“Well now, looks like you're all having a happy Christmas. That's good to see. Gina, I'm afraid I can't take credit for your new brothers. That would be your parents, and Mother Nature. I'll tell her you said thanks. As to why I'm here, you're right, Cassie, I did forget something,” said Hagrid/Santa.

“What is it, Santa?”

“Tell us, please.”

“Well now, imagine my surprise when I finished all my deliveries, and found I had some things left over. Especially considerin' you lot were my first stop last night. I don't usually make mistakes like that, but I was a bit distracted. Where's Ginny Rose?” asked Hagrid/Santa.

Ginny Rose stepped forward. “Hello, Santa. Fank you for my presents.”

Al and Scorpius looked on proudly as she reached out her arms to hug Hagrid/Santa. They knew their little girl would be okay, thanks to Hagrid and Harry.

“Well now, could you look after this little fella for me, seeing as how you and he are old friends,” he said with a wink. He took out a familiar puppy.

“A puppy, wow!” cried Billy and Kieran.

“His name is Fang the third,” said Ginny Rose, importantly. “I'll look after him Santa. Nana, he needs a bowl of water, please?”

Ginny and Ginny Rose took Fang to get a drink. The children crowded closer to the motorbike.

“What did you forget Santa?” asked Bradley, excitedly.

“Well now, let's see, this one has got your name on it. Yes, that says Bradley, and this one is for Brian.”

“No way, it can't be. Yes!” cried Bradley, ripping off the paper.

“New brooms!” cried Brian, waving his around. “Look, Dad,” he cried, running over to James.

Meanwhile, Hagrid/Santa was busy handing out new brooms to all the children. While the rest weren't as mad about Quidditch as Bradley and Brian, they were soon caught up in all the excitement.

Annie, Kieran, Grace, Billy and Cassie received brooms a bit smaller than Bradley and Brian's, while Gina, Ricki, Minnie and Ginny Rose received training brooms.

“Hey, why is everybody out here -Santa?” cried Liam, surprised to see all the kids hovering around a motorbike outside.

“Oh no, you're not gonna pass out again are you, Uncle Liam?” asked Grace, causing everyone to chuckle.

“No sweetie, I think I'm done, at least for today,” smiled Liam, patting his niece on the shoulder.

“Congratulations Liam, and my best wishes to Lily and the new babies,” said Hagrid/Santa.

“Thanks. It's certainly been a memorable Christmas,” laughed Liam.

“Look what we got, Daddy. New brooms,” said Billy. Liam bent down to look at his son's broom.

“Us too, Uncle Liam,” said Bradley and Brian.

“Well now, what say we go give them a test run. It wouldn't be Christmas at the Burrow without a little Quidditch now, would it?” asked Liam.

A big cheer went up from the kids, as they all finished unwrapping their brooms. The little ones didn't want to go up, instead cuddling with a grandparent.

Liam, Scorpius, Brandon, Al and James took up Bradley, Brian, Annie, Kieran, Gina and Ricki.

Hannah, Astoria and Rose escorted Hagrid/ Santa back to the house. Ginny Rose was there, watching Fang the third do a wee.

“It's his third one,” she told Hagrid/Santa excitedly. He nodded.

“That's why I forgot your presents, I reckon. Had to stop with him all the time for potty breaks,” he grinned at her. She grinned back. They went inside, holding hands.

Ginny put a plate on the table. “Here, Santa, eat up,” she said. Hagrid/ Santa sat at the table, and began to eat.

Rose said, “I'm just going to duck up and see how Lil is.” She went up the stairs.

Ali came down the stairs, and Ginny hugged her, then forced her into a chair, and slid a plate in front of her.

“Thank you for all you did for Lil today,” she whispered to her daughter-in-law. Ali smiled tiredly.

Hannah was making a cup of tea, and Ginny brought out the Christmas biscuits she had made.

Astoria went to see if any of the men wanted a hot cup of tea or chocolate, and came back laughing.

“You have to see this, it's too cute,” she laughed. “Oh, grab a camera.”

Ginny, Hannah and Ali followed Astoria into the lounge. They stopped and looked, trying hard not to laugh out too loud.

There on the couches were their men. Harry, Draco, Neville and Ron. Each had a little girl cuddled up on their laps, and they were all asleep. Harry had Ginny Rose, and sitting next to him was Neville, cuddling Grace.

On the other couch Ron sat holding Minnie, while Draco held Cassie protectively. Ron's head was drifting close to Draco's shoulder. Ginny had to put her hand over her mouth to stifle her laughter.

Somehow, Astoria was able to get a picture of all of them together. It would remain one of Ginny's favourite photos ever.

The ladies retreated back to the kitchen, where a Silencing charm let them release their laughter. They let the men have a little nap for about half an hour. It was then that the others started to return, and little Fang the third let out a puppy bark. This woke Ginny Rose, who woke Harry.

“Wee wee time,” said Ginny Rose, sliding off Harry's knee to take the puppy out. Gina and Ricki quickly took her place on their grandpa's knee.

Cassie went to help Ginny Rose, and Annie hopped on Draco's knee, cuddling into him. Ron and Minnie slept on.

James, Al and Scorpius came in. James went to hug his wife. He whispered something in her ear, and she laughed, dropping her head onto his shoulder.

Brandon and Liam came in after. Liam checked on Billy and his twin daughters, before heading up to check on Lily and his new twin sons.

Rose came downstairs, and went to sit on Brandon's knee, as he was discussing the motorbike with Hagrid. She grinned at the sight of Ron with Minnie, and shared a fond look with Harry.

Soon it was time for everyone to make their way home. Hugs and kisses were given, plans were made for catch ups and get togethers. While Brandon, Rose and their kids were heading for Ireland to join Seamus and their family for his traditional New Years Eve party, Liam and Lily would now be having a quiet one at home.

Scorpius and Al had planned to have a quiet one too, catching up with Teddy and Vicki and their two kids, when they returned from Paris. James had made no plans at this stage, as he was in charge of the Aurors while Teddy was on holidays. As Christmas was a busy time at St Mungo's, all Ali was hoping for was a good night sleep.

One by one, they all flooed away. Arms full of children, or presents, or boxes of left over food. Half an hour later, it was just Harry and Ginny still at Lily and Liam's house.

Ginny organised the girls into a bath, while Billy had a shower. Harry and Liam quickly tidied the room up, using their wands. The ladies had tidied the kitchen while the men had been asleep.

Billy got out the shower, and went to get dressed. Harry poked his head into the bathroom, looking for Ginny.

“She's visiting with Mummy and our new brothers,” said Ricki.

“She said we have five more minutes,” said Gina.

“Good girls,” said Harry. “Then Nana and I have to go.”

He went back down the hall, and heard Lily and Ginny giggling. He smiled. It was one of his favourite sounds. He went to knock on the door, when he heard Lily speak.

“You were right, Mum. Sex was the answer. The curry didn't work, nor the long walks,” she said giggling. Harry's jaw dropped open.

“I didn't imagine you factored in your water breaking as we were about to eat Christmas lunch, though,” laughed Ginny.

“Merlin, no. I really didn't think it would work the first time, so I had lots of plans for tonight, too. Oh well, look what I got instead.”

Ginny and Lily looked over at her identical twin sons. They slept peacefully together in a cradle that Ginny was sure was the same one she had been rocked in.

“I love their names, Lil. I'm so happy for you, my darling. Two wonderful, healthy sons. Liam looks so proud. Seamus will be over the moon. Have you sent him an owl yet?” asked Ginny, smiling as she thought of her old Gryffindor friend, and now father-in-law to her daughter.

“No, it's been a bit hectic. I'll make sure Liam does it soon, or I'll ask Brandon to do it. Will you send an owl to Auntie Luna too, please Mum? Liam was telling me about Hagrid playing Santa. Is Ginny Rose really okay now? I'm glad he came today, even though I didn't get to see him,” said Lily.

“Ginny Rose seems to be okay, but it's only been one night, so we'll wait and see. I have a good feeling about her, though. I'm glad Hagrid came today too. When you're up for it, and the weather is warmer, maybe we can take these little ones for a visit to him. He adores the children,” said Ginny.

She leaned over to hug Lily. “I'll pop over tomorrow, love. If you need us for anything, help with the kids, anything, you owl or fire call. I'll do some baking, and send over some meals. You just enjoy your time with the boys. I must say, I don't know how you'll top this Christmas,” laughed Ginny.

“Easy, it will be the boys first birthday next Christmas Day, I can put up some special decorations for that, they'll have a special cake, maybe one each, and then-”

“Lily! Love, you've got a whole year to plan it. Relax. Now, I'm off to get the girls out the bath. I'm sure your dad will be up to say goodbye soon. And don't worry, I'll owl Luna. Bye love. Love you,” said Ginny, brushing a strand of hair off Lily's face, and kissing her forehead.

Ginny ducked out and nearly ran into Harry. “I'll just get the girls out the bath and into their pyjamas. Do you want to say goodbye to Lil?”

Harry nodded, and went into Lily's room. She was yawning, on her side, looking at her twins sons.
Harry looked at her, remembering Lily as a little girl, running after her brothers, hanging out with her cousins, going off to Hogwarts, telling him she got a tattoo that said 'Dad'. Walking her down the aisle, handing her over to Liam. Where had all that time gone?

“Dad,” she smiled at him, holding out her hand. He took it, and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Well, you missed Christmas,” said Harry.

Lily laughed. “I did, didn't I. All my planning, and I missed it. You can blame Mum for that, actually.”

“So I heard,” said Harry, winking at her. He looked at his new grandsons. “You did good, Lil,” he said softly.

She smiled. “Yes, I did. I still can't believe there was two. Wait till I see my Midwitch!”

“It's a good thing Ali was here,” sighed Harry.

“She was great. So was Mum and Hannah. I'll have to get them something special,” said Lily.

Ginny knocked on the door.

“Ready love?” she asked Harry.

He nodded, and she went to say goodbye to Billy and Liam.

Harry looked back at Lily. She was looking at her sons again. He leaned in to kiss her cheek. “You need us for anything, any time, night or day, you call us. Owl, fire call, Patronus. We'll be here. Your Mum will probably bring food over tomorrow, anyway.”

Lily smiled. “I know, Dad. Mum said the same thing. I think we'll be okay, but if we need anything, you and Mum will be the first we call, okay?”

“Love you, my Lily Luna,” said Harry, squeezing her hand.

“Love you, Dad,” said Lily, squeezing back.

Harry left, popping his head in to say goodbye to Gina and Ricki. They slept in Ginny's old bedroom, which had been expanded. They were playing with their new toys. They ran over to hug their grandpa goodbye.

He went downstairs, passing Billy who was on his way up to his room. He slept in Fred and George's old room. “Bye Grandpa,” he said, already half asleep.

Liam was saying goodbye to Ginny. He hugged her, thanking her for all her help today. She promised to be over in the morning, and she stepped into the floo.

Harry stayed for a few more minutes, then he stepped out of the floo into his lounge.

“Gin?” he called.

“I'm upstairs, love,” she called.

Harry closed the floo downstairs, and checked everything was as it should be. He took a moment to look at the Christmas tree. He realised they needed to get two new decorations for the new babies. He smiled. Life was good.

He went upstairs, and found Ginny undressing for bed. He stood in the doorway and watched.
After all these years, after all they had been through, his love for Ginny was the one constant that saw him through. He loved her now, as much as he ever did, if not more.

“So, pretty exciting day. Two new grandsons,” said Ginny, getting into bed.

She looked at Harry, as he stood there. “Harry, are you okay?”

He nodded, and started to get undressed. Ginny watched him. She could tell he had something on his mind. He got into bed, and lay there, looking up at the ceiling. Ginny waited.


“I was just thinking tonight of how proud I am of our kids. They are good, decent people. And they are raising good, decent kids. And it all started because of you and me. I just feel so blessed, Gin.”

“Harry, we are blessed, aren't we? Our kids have grown up, our grand kids are growing up. Bradley and Brian will be leaving for Hogwarts next September, Dora's already there. It's hard to believe, isn't it. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were at school.”

Harry rolled over and pulled Ginny close. “You're still as beautiful to me now, as you were back then. I love you, Gin.”

Ginny looked up at him. “I still look at you and see my handsome Harry, who had my heart when I was eleven. I love you too, Harry.”

“I still feel bad that I didn't get you anything for Christmas-”

“Harry, I told you, there's nothing I could, oh Harry, it's adorable!”

Harry leaned under the bed and pulled out a little black kitten. It had a patch of white under it's chin, and little white socks on two of his four paws. It's mother was Chudley, who belonged to Lily and Liam.

“I nabbed some food from Liam, and a cat basket. We'll have to go shopping for the other stuff, though. I picked it up tonight. I had to get you something, Gin.”

“Oh Harry, he's so cute. What shall we call him?” asked Ginny, stroking the cat.

“Well, I think-Ow! The damn thing bit me. Got me good, too,” said Harry, sucking his finger in his mouth and glaring at the kitten. It looked up at him, as Ginny continued to pat it.

“Well, that settles it. Fang the cat, it is,” smirked Ginny. She leaned over to Harry and kissed him softly. “Thank you, love. Now, time for your present.”

She popped the kitten on his stomach. Harry and the kitten eyed each other. Harry slowly patted it, while the kitten tolerated him.

“Here,” said Ginny, reaching under her side of the bed. “It's not much, but I bet you love it,” she said. She took Fang back from Harry, and patted him till he purred. Harry swore the cat shot him a victorious look.

He unwrapped the parcel and stared. There was a lovely photo of him with all his grandchildren surrounding him. He laughed as Bradley and Brian put up fingers behind his head to look like bunny ears. On the sides, the kids had written messages to their grandpa.

'You're the best. Love you Grandpa. You're so cool for an old guy. I love you. Best Grandpa eva'.

Harry looked at Ginny, and laughed. “It's priceless, I love it,” he said.

“The little hearts here are from Ginny Rose, Cassie, Gina and Ricki,” said Ginny, pointing to a spot on the frame.

“Best Grandpa eva! Can't wait to show that to Draco and Nev,” said Harry, laughing.

Ginny laughed and yawned. “Come on, Best Grandpa, time to go to sleep. I want to get up early and do some baking before we go to Lil's. It's been a great Christmas, hasn't it, love?”

“It's not over yet, love,” said Harry. He put the kitten in it's bed, much to it's dismay. It meowed pitifully, looking at Harry. He shook his head and it stopped, giving him a dirty look.

Harry turned back to Ginny, taking her in his arms again. He kissed her passionately. She enthusiastically responded.

“Mmm, the boys are right, you are pretty cool. For an old guy, that is,” teased Ginny.

“I'll show you just what an old guy can do, “ said Harry. “Nox.”

And he did. It was indeed, a Happy Christmas.































Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear