Search:

SIYE Time:9:24 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


More Puberty Blues
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Comedy, Drama, General
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 19
Summary: Being a teenager is never an easy time, especially when it involves matters of the heart.
Hitcount: Story Total: 14715; Chapter Total: 3610





Author's Notes:
Set a few years after Puberty Blues, James is 17, Al is 16 and Lily is 13.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


It was mid morning in late August when Ginny arrived in Diagon Alley. She was with her three children, James, Albus and Lily, to get their school supplies. There was less than a week till they left for Hogwarts, James to complete his final year as Head Boy, Albus in his sixth year, and Lily in her third year.

Ginny knew that they were leaving it late, but they had been away most of the summer. They had travelled through the United States with Harry's cousin Dudley, his wife Debbie and their son, Andrew.

They had returned home to England three days ago. Ginny was glad to be home, although she did like travelling with her family. Harry had gone back to work yesterday, and he planned to meet them for lunch later that day.

They had gone to Flourish and Botts to get their books first. James and Lily needed new robes too, while Al needed a broom servicing kit. James had been fitted for his robes, and asked his mum if he could go to WWW to see his cousin Freddie. They were best friends, and James had something important to ask him. Ginny agreed, saying they would meet him there after Lily had been fitted for her robes, and then she, Lily and Al would go to Quality Quidditch Supplies.

James hurried off. He ignored the looks he got from the other shoppers in Diagon Alley; he was used to it by now. He rushed inside WWW, nodding to Uncle George, who indicated with a toss of his head that Freddie was in the back. He saw him stacking some shelves, and hurried over to him.

“Hey Freddie, got a minute?” asked James.

“Sure, what's up?” says Freddie.

“I need a favour. I need you to cover for me, to say that I'm spending the night at your place, okay?” asked James, anxiously.

“Why, what's up? Where will you-no way! You're going to spend the night with Ali? Really?” whispered Freddie, too loudly for James's liking.

“Ssh. Geez, keep it down, will ya! Yeah, I'm gonna spend the night with Ali,” grinned James.

James had been going out with Alice Longbottom for over awhile now. They had gotten together after James fifteenth birthday, but had then been off and on for several months. They had been in a steady relationship for the last six months, and together had come close to losing their virginity while at Hogwarts. They decided to wait till the summer holidays, and try to find a way to be together. When James arrived home, he was told that the family would be travelling most of the holidays, so they hadn't had an opportunity. Ali had owled him yesterday that her parents would be away overnight, and she was staying at her best friends place. James had thought it was a perfect opportunity for them to finally do IT.

Freddie started teasing James. “Ooh, make sure you know the contraceptive spell. I don't think Uncle Harry and Auntie Gin are ready for you to make them grandparents just yet. So, what's the plan?”

James thought carefully. “I'll tell Mum and Dad I'm staying at yours tonight. I'll floo over and make sure I see at least one of your parents. I'll yawn and say I'm tired. We go up to your room, I leave, you put a pillow or something in the bed I usually sleep in, so if Uncle George or Auntie Angie comes up to check, you can say I'm asleep. Then in the morning, you can say I flooed home early. All right?” asked James.

“All right, but you owe me. Hopefully, you'll do the same for me one day,” grinned Freddie.

“How are things going with you and Bridget Wood?” asked James.

Oliver and Katie Wood had returned to England with their children, Sean and Bridget. Oliver had played on the Gryffindor Quidditch team with George and Angelina, and his wife, Katie Bell. He had been a coach in Europe for the last five years.

“Very promising. His family came over for tea last night. I poured on the Weasley charm; her mum loves me. Anyway, I'm going to owl her tomorrow, see if she wants to get together. Hey, wanna make it a double date?” asked Freddie.

James nodded. “Sounds good, but let's see how tonight goes first. So, I'll floo over around seven, seven thirty. I told Ali I'd be at hers by nine. Okay?”

“Sounds good, buddy. Oh, tonight little James becomes a man,” grinned Freddie, wiping away a fake tear.

“Shut it, you,” grinned James.

He and James high fived, and continued talking about their girls.

Meanwhile, as Lily was getting fitted, Al wandered outside. It was a nice, sunny day. He had enjoyed his summer holidays, and was in no rush for the summer to end. He glanced around, taking note of the other Hogwarts students, also getting their supplies. He saw a girl coming out of Twilfitt and Tatting's, an upscale clothing shop. He flushed as he realised it was Cindy Bradford, his ex girlfriend.

Al hadn't had an easy adolescence. He found himself confused about his feelings. He had no qualms talking to girls; he had so many girl cousins, after all. He was friends with lots of them, and they actually came to him for advice about other guys. It was only as one friend after another succumbed to love, and became part of a couple, that Al started to feel left out. He wondered if something was wrong with him, that he wasn't interested in any of the girls at Hogwarts. Even his closest cousin Rose had fallen for his best friend, Scorpius Malfoy. He found himself feeling jealous of Rose, that she took Scorpius away from him. He hated himself for thinking like that. So when Cindy started showing an interest in him, he decided to go for it. He thought maybe a bit of snogging would 'kickstart' an interest.

They had gone to Hogsmeade with Rose and Scorpius. While they had a good time, Cindy's constant giggling and chatting got on his nerves. He found himself watching Scorpius, to see how he treated Rose. He thought they acted more like close friends than anything. Thank Merlin they didn't snog in front of him; Al didn't think he'd like to see that, although he wasn't sure why.

The two couples separated after lunch at the Three Broomsticks. Al and Cindy headed back to Hogwarts, while Rose and Scorpius went to Honeydukes to get some special chocolates for Rose's dad, Ron, for Father's Day.

Al and Cindy were headed back to the Slytherin common rooms, when Cindy pulled him into a nearby broom cupboard. There, she'd snogged the life out of Al. He'd been shocked, but quickly responded. A knock on the door had made them jump apart, and quickly leave. When Al thought about it after, he came to the conclusion that he was a bit disappointed, which only made him more confused.

Al came to breakfast the next day, and was surprised to find that the rest of the Slytherins considered him and Cindy a couple. Apparently, she had told a friend, who told a friend, about their goings on in the broom cupboard, and that was that.

Cindy sat with him at all their meal breaks, and tried to sit next to him in their lessons. She tried to come between him and Scorpius, which really angered Al. She got jealous when he spoke to Lily or Rose. He started to avoid her, but she always found him.

They had continued snogging in broom cupboards or empty classrooms. Al was trying to convince himself that he'd like it if he tried it more. Cindy would get more aggressive every time. She even moved Al's hand on her breast, and waited. Al didn't really know what to do, so he squeezed it tentatively. She let out a moan. Al didn't know if that was good or bad. Luckily for Al, they were interrupted again, and had to leave.

Al lay in bed that night, thinking of what he had done. A lot of the boys in his dorm would talk about their experiences with girls, and he knew many of them boasted about 'going all the way'. He thought about writing to his Muggle cousin, Andrew Dursley. They had been best friends growing up, born only a couple of weeks apart. They now only saw each other at Christmas, or in the summer holidays. He knew Andrew had a girlfriend. What did Andrew and she do?

Al wondered how far Scorpius and Rose had gone. Had they had sex? That thought made him uncomfortable. Al did want to talk to Scorpius, but didn't want to hear about him doing that with his cousin. Besides, Scorpius wasn't one to brag about what he had done. Al fell asleep thinking about how he would talk to Scorpius. When he awoke the next morning, his sheets were wet. So he knew that 'Little Al' was working fine, even if 'Big Al' didn't have a clue what he was doing.

He didn't get a chance to talk to Scorpius the next day. It was the last day of school. Cindy dragged him to a broom cupboard on his way back from flying with Scorpius, and flung her body hard against his. She rubbed against him, murmuring how hot he looked when he was flying. She said she had come down to watch him fly with Scorpius. As she mentioned Scorpius's name, Al felt himself harden.

Cindy felt it too. She lowered her hand and cupped him through his pants. She rubbed her hand up and down, while licking his ear. She continued talking, feeling Al get harder and harder. She didn't realise that it was the mention of Scorpius that was turning Al on.

Al was gone. He was feeling something licking his ear, nibbling on his neck, and rubbing his dick. He heard the word Scorpius and moaned. He moved against the friction of the hand. It felt so good. He knew he was close. With a groan, he called out “Scor,” and came.

Cindy froze. She pulled away from him. He opened his eyes in confusion, and flushed when he realised who he was actually with, not who he had imagined he was with. He soon realised that she was angry with him. He braced himself for her to yell at him, although when she did, it was not what he was expecting.

“Oh, so you think you've scored, do you? I suppose you're going to go back and tell everyone we did it. Mr Big Shot Potter scored with me? Well, let me tell you, if I hear one word about you scoring with me, you'll be in big trouble, understand. Oh, and in case you didn't know, we're through!”

Cindy opened the broom cupboard and stormed out. Al sighed in relief that she was gone. He did a quick charm on his trousers, and left the cupboard. He didn't go to the common room; he didn't want to face Cindy, and he definitely couldn't face Scorpius. He needed to go somewhere and think about what had just happened.

Al came out of his memories, and turned away so Cindy didn't see him as she went past him. He wasn't ready to face her, although he felt he owed her an apology. He just didn't know how to apologise without upsetting her further. 'Oh, I'm sorry but I'm not attracted to you, it was only because you mentioned my best friend's name that I came. Hope you don't mind, oh, and don't tell anyone'.

Al groaned. Nope, he didn't think Cindy would like that at all. Besides, he wasn't one hundred percent sure it was because of Scorpius. Ninety nine percent sure, maybe. But he didn't want to lose his best friend. Which brought Al to his current dilemma. He was meeting Scorpius after lunch, and he was coming back to his house for a sleep over.

While Al was contemplating what to do about Scorpius, Lily had finished her dress robe fittings, and was waiting outside the shop while her mum paid. She looked up and saw Al, who motioned to her that he was heading to WWW. She nodded, and he took off.

Her mum came out of the shop, smiling. “Right then, just Quality Quidditch Supplies to go, and we're done. Now, where's Al?” asked Ginny.

“He went on to WWW. Mum, I can see Fiona over there, can I just go and say hi while you go get Al's broom servicing kit? Please?” begged Lily.

Ginny looked over to see Lily's best friend Fiona Ferguson waving to her. She waved back. “Okay Lil. Fifteen minutes. You can meet us at WWW, okay? Don't be late. I'll send a message to your dad that we're ready for lunch. Fifteen minutes, Lil, understand?”

“Fifteen minutes, got it. Thanks Mum,” grinned Lily. She made her way across the alley, and ran up to hug her best friend.

“Hi Fee, how's your summer been? We only got back a couple of days ago and-”

“Never mind that. Guess who's here in the Alley right now? Sean Wood! Looking hotter than ever! And I heard from Tricia, who heard from Sylvia that he broke up with his girlfriend! You should totally make your move, Lily!” gushed Fiona.

“Oh my stars, they broke up? When, why? Oh, how do I look? Have you seen him? Do you know where he is?” asked Lily, excitedly.

“He was in getting new robes, but left about twenty minutes ago. He headed down that way. Maybe he's having lunch at the Leaky? Don't worry, you look really nice, Lil,” said Fiona.

“That's where we're heading for lunch! We just have to go and get James and Al from my uncle's shop, then we're meeting my dad there for lunch. If I go now, and hurry, maybe we'll see him there. Oh, thanks Fee. Wish me luck!” said Lily, hugging her friend again.

Lily had a crush on Sean Wood, Oliver's son and Bridget's younger brother. He was a year older than Lily, and they were both on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Sean played Keeper, like his dad, while Lily played Chaser.

Lily knew that Sean was going out with Carolyn, a blonde haired girl from Ravenclaw. She was so pretty, and smart. Sean and Carolyn seemed like the perfect couple.

It was on their last day of Hogwarts on her way to the train that, dressed in her usual clothes, instead of her uniform, she had run into Sean, literally. She was carrying a full box and couldn't see where she was going. As they collided, a couple of things fell out of the box. Lily leaned down to pick it up, and Sean kneeled down to help her. She was shocked.

“Easy there, Lily. Wouldn't want you to fall and hurt yourself,” said Sean, laughing.

Lily blushed. “Thanks, Sean. I can be such a klutz sometimes. Can't really see where I'm going,” she said, indicating the box she was carrying.

Sean brushed a lock of hair off her face and behind her ear. “Make sure you get lots of practice over the summer. I have a feeling next year will be the year Gryffindor will get back the Quidditch cup. You did great this year, Lily.”

Lily could feel the blush spread down her neck. “We had a great team this year. We'll be even better next year. Maybe you could come over and we could run some drills, or something?” she suggested.

“Sounds good. My dad was talking about getting together with your dad. I think they played on the same team, too. I'll send you an owl,” he said. “Happy holidays.”

Lily watched him walk away. “Happy holidays,” she murmured. She hurried off to find her friends; she simply had to tell them about what had just happened.

Lily smiled as she left her friend Fiona, and practically ran to WWW. Her mum was inside, talking to Uncle George. She heard them mention James sleeping over with Freddie tonight. She saw James in the back, talking to Freddie. She waved to him, to come over. He nodded, and said something to Freddie.

She looked around and saw Al. She went over to him. “Hey, you ready for lunch? I'm starved. I think we should get going to the Leaky. Has Mum owled Dad?” she asked him.

Al looked pensive. “I don't think she has, yet. Why, what's the rush?” he asked.

“No rush, just hungry. What time is Scorpius meeting us? What are you guys going to do when we get home?” asked Lily.

“I'm meeting him at one. Dunno, probably just hang out, talk. Why?” asked Al, suspiciously.

“No reason. Hey, are you staying at Freddie's tonight?” asked Lily to James, who had just joined them.

“Yes, I am,” said James. “I'll be there around seven or eight. Scorpius is coming over, right?” he asked Al.

“Yes, Scorpius is coming over and staying the night. We're just going to hang out, maybe go for a fly,” said Al, nervously.

“Good,” said James. “So, Leaky for lunch? Mum just owled Dad.”

“Perfect,” said Lily, happily.

Ginny joined her children. “Okay, your dad will meet us in twenty minutes. I just have to go and get some owl treats, and we can head to the Leaky Cauldron and grab a table,” she said.

“Mum, can we go ahead and go to the Leaky?” asked Lily.

Ginny nodded. “Okay, but stay together. Here James, can you take this parcel for me please. Al, that's your broom servicing kit, can you take that one, please? All right, off you go. I'll see you there. Try and get a table in that back corner, you know that's where your Dad likes to sit,” she said.

“We will, Mum,” said James.

The three Potter siblings made their way down Diagon Alley, each caught up in their own thoughts. James was thinking about what he was going to do tonight. Should he take some wine, or mead? Alcohol was supposed to get girls in the mood, wasn't it. Should he take some Muggle condoms, just in case he forgot the contraceptive spell? Surely, Ali would know it. Hmm, maybe he should send her an owl.

Al was thinking about Scorpius sleeping over. Should he tell him what happened with Cindy? Should he confess that he didn't think he was attracted to girls at all? What if Scorpius called him a freak, and didn't want to be his friend any more? Al was more confused than ever.

Lily was walking ahead of her brothers, sweeping her eyes around the alley. She was so busy looking out for Sean, she didn't see Liam Finnegan until she bumped into him.

“Oh, Liam, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there,” she said, still looking around for Sean. Her brothers walked past, and continued on their way to the Leaky Cauldron.

“Hi Lily. Are you looking for someone?” asked Liam.

“What, oh no, we're just heading to the Leaky Cauldron for lunch,” said Lily.

“How's your summer been?” asked Liam.

“Hmm? Oh, fine, we went to the United States for most of it, just got back the other day. What about yours?” she asked, distractedly.

“Good, lots of Quidditch, of course,” chuckled Liam. “Maybe we could get together soon, run a couple of plays, throw the Quaffle. Chaser to chaser. What do you say?” asked Liam.

“Sure, why not,” shrugged Lily.

“Great! I'll owl you and-”

“Oh, sorry Liam, gotta go!” cried Lily, interrupting him.

She had just spotted Sean, sitting at a table outside Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. She checked her reflection. She was glad she had chosen to dress up nice today. She took a breath and made her way over to Sean. She was going to go for it. She would invite him to come over for a fly. Maybe they could even go the Burrow, the Quidditch Pitch there was bigger. Sean would be sure to be impressed with it.

“Sean, is that you? Hi, how are you?” gushed Lily, flicking her hair.

“Lily, hi. I'm good, how are you?” asked Sean, smiling at her.

“Oh, I'm good. We're just getting our school supplies. Can you believe we'll soon be back at Hogwarts? Have you done much flying these hols?' asked Lily, hoping to lead him into a discussion about Quidditch. Then she would invite him over.

“Yeah, Dad's been running plays with me. It's been good. What about you? You look like you've spent some time outdoors, I think you're freckles have multiplied,” he chuckled.

Lily 's smile faltered. Damn freckles! “Oh, yeah, we've been travelling most of the summer, so I haven't done much flying. I was wondering if-”

“Ah, I was wondering where you got to,” said Sean, looking at someone behind Lily.

Lily turned to see who Sean was talking to. She gulped as she saw Carolyn put two banana split sundaes on the table.

“Lil, you know Carolyn, don't you? Carolyn, Lily's the chaser on the Gryffindor team. Lily, this is Carolyn, my girlfriend.”

Both girls nodded and smiled uneasily at each other. Lily felt herself blushing. Carolyn sat down next to Sean.

“Well, I'll leave you to enjoy your ice cream. We're just having lunch at the Leaky. It was good seeing you, Sean, and nice to meet you, Carolyn. Bye,” said Lily, hurrying to get away.

She heard them both call out “Goodbye,” as she walked away. She had tears in her eyes, and felt like a fool. She would kill Fiona, and Tricia and Sylvia. Why would Sean Wood even look at her anyway, with a beautiful girlfriend like Carolyn?

Without looking where she was going, once again she bumped into Liam Finnegan.

“Hey Lily, we have to stop meeting like this,” joked Liam.

“I'm sorry, Liam, I didn't see you, again. I'm sorry, I have to go,” said Lily, trying to get away before the tears fell.

“Lil, please, are you sure you're okay?” asked Liam, softly.

Lily gave a sob. “I'm such an idiot. She's perfect. So blonde, and pretty, and smart. Me? Short, freckles, red hair. Why would he even look at me when he's got her?” she asked rhetorically. She threw herself into Liam's arms, sobbing.

Liam glanced over, and saw his Gryffindor teammate, Sean Wood. Liam's heart sank as he realised Lily liked Sean.

“You're ten times prettier than she is, Lil. A hundred times. She doesn't even like Quidditch. It won't last,” reassured Liam.

Lily tried to calm down. “Thanks for trying to cheer me up, Liam. You' re a good friend. But I'm not blind. Look, I better go. I'll see you on the train,” said Lily, sniffing glumly, walking away.

Liam watched her go, sighing in frustration. He liked Lily, and had really enjoyed getting to know her when she made the team this year. As another Chaser, they trained together a lot. She was witty and clever. Liam thought she was beautiful. He had hoped they could get together in the holidays, even asking his dad for help. His dad was a former dorm mate of Lily's dad. Seamus and Harry tried to get together with Ron, Dean and Neville in the holidays. But this year, Harry and his family were away for most of the summer, and there was no catch up, so no opportunity for Liam to talk to Lily.

Liam watched Lily make her way to her brothers, who were waiting outside the Leaky Cauldron. They went inside, and Liam left. He went to the entrance to Knockturn Alley, where he found his older brother Brandon, waiting.

“Well, did you get it?” asked Liam.

“Yeah, look,” said Brandon, rolling up his sleeve. He showed his brother his new tattoo.

“Mum's gonna freak,” said Liam.

“Why do you think I got Mum's name under the flower? I can't wait to get more. Now I'm seventeen, they can't stop me,” said Brandon, gleefully.

“I can't wait to see McGonagall's face when she sees that,” laughed Liam.

Brandon laughed, and clapped his little brother on the back.

Meanwhile, the Potters were in the Leaky Cauldron, perusing the menu. Ginny was chatting to Hannah when Harry came in. He kissed Ginny on the cheek, and took a seat next to her. He took a quick glance at the menu and ordered. Hannah took all the orders and left.

“So, how's your morning been? Get everything for school? Merlin, this summer has gone quick, hasn't it?” said Harry.

None of his children answered him. He looked around. “James, what's happening tonight?”

James sat up straight. “Nothing. Why, what have you heard?” he asked his dad.

Harry chuckled. “Just that you were going to Fred's for a sleep over. No big plans with him?”

James shook his head, trying not to look at Hannah, Ali's mum, as she placed his order in front of him. Did she suspect what he and Ali had planned for tonight? Merlin, he couldn't look her in the eye. He bowed his head, and started eating his slice of shepherd's pie.

Harry looked at Al. “Al, you're still meeting Scorpius? Did we get the camp bed back from Teddy? If not, we'll have to expand your bed, and you and Scorpius can sleep in it together,” said Harry.

“What? I mean, yes, I'm meeting him at one. I'm sure we got the bed back from Teddy. He can't sleep with me, Dad, he just can't,” said Al.

“It's okay, Al. Yes, we did get the camp bed back from Teddy, just before we left for the States,” said Ginny, giving Al a look.

Al let out a breath of air. He started to eat his sandwich, not really tasting it.

“Lil, did you see any of your friends today?” asked Harry.

Lily nodded, afraid that if she talked, she might start to cry. She picked up her spoon, and started to eat her soup.

“Well,” said Harry, looking around at his family.

Normally they were all talking over each other, or playfully arguing. He looked at Ginny, and raised an eyebrow in question. She shrugged, not really knowing what was going on herself.

For once, the Potter children ate in silence, all caught up in their own thoughts. Harry and Ginny exchanged worried looks.

What was going on with their children?










Reviews 19
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear