Search:

SIYE Time:9:00 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Coming Home
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 89
Summary: She left after the battle, thinking she wasn't good enough for the hero of the wizarding world. He loved her enough to let her go, although he had never told her of his feelings. Will the seven year reunion of the DA be enough to convince Ginny to stay, and will Harry get the chance to have the one thing he's always wanted.
Hitcount: Story Total: 49424; Chapter Total: 4594
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Seamus delivered Ginny to the boundaries of Harry's home. She hugged him, thanking him for all his help. She walked through the wards and made her way to the house, glad of the distance so she could gather her thoughts.

Harry had been inside the last hour, pacing frantically. He'd had owls from Ron and Bill, which were just short of a howler. George had fire-called, but as Harry didn't even know where Ginny was, there wasn't much he could tell George.

Finally he sat on the couch. The two dogs sat at his feet, Paddy leaning his head on Harry's knee. He absently stroked the dog's ears as he talked to them.

“This is just what I was worried about. I don't want Gin hounded by the press. I want the best for her, and I can't bear to think of her hurting. It was bad enough what happened with that Aggie woman. Rita Skeeter is merciless when it comes to me and all those I care about.”

“Rita Skeeter can go to hell,” said Ginny, standing in the doorway.

Harry stood up and looked at her. Her eyes were bloodshot, as if she'd been crying and her hair was messy, as if she had run her fingers through it a lot. She looked tired but anxious. She also looked a bit unsteady on her feet.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“I talked to Neville. He told me...you let me leave. That you wanted me to go and be a success.”

She looked him directly in the eye, and he could see fresh tears building, and some starting to spill down her cheeks. “I never would have left you...if I had known how you felt.”

Harry nodded his head, but couldn't speak. He felt raw, naked. Ashamed, even. Of wanting her so much, of needing her in his life so badly. Of wanting to simply pick her up in his arms and never let her go.

He watched her struggle to contain her emotions. She swallowed nervously.

“I didn't know. How you really felt about me, I mean. And after the battle, I was pretty messed up. Dealing with my parents death, losing my home. I know I turned against my brothers, when I needed them the most. Then, when you and Sirius left, I...I felt so alone.”

“We thought you were doing okay with your brothers. I'm sorry we didn't get in touch. I was still pretty bad, and Sirius just wanted to get me away from everything,” explained Harry.

Ginny nodded, then hesitated. “You know about the stationery store?”

Harry saw no reason to lie. “Yes.”

“I know I've been weak-”

“No.” His voice broke on the word. He moved a little closer to her. “No.”

She sighed, looking weary. “Harry, I really don't give a damn what they say or think, as long as you're not ashamed-”

“No, never, Ginny. I was always proud of you. At Hogwarts, in Quidditch, during the battle.”

Ginny swallowed nervously. “I saw you, Harry. That night. You walked past me in your invisibility cloak while I was outside, helping a student who had been injured in the fighting. I knew you were there. I-I followed you. Into the forest.”

Harry closed his eyes as she continued. “I saw you walk up to Tom and stop. I wanted to stop you, or be with you, but I froze. I watched him cast the Killing Curse on you. I saw you fall, Harry.”

“Gin,” whispered Harry, his heart breaking for her.

“In that moment, I felt such a pain in my heart, I almost passed out. I stumbled out of the forest in a daze, and ran into the castle. I was so blinded by tears, I ran right into Bellatrix LeStrange. We started duelling. I figured I had nothing to live for now. My Mum...my Mum came and took over, shoving me behind her. She managed to kill the bitch, but Bellatrix got her with a curse, too.”

“Baby, I'm sorry,” whispered Harry.

“I think...I think I left because I was so angry with you. You weren't supposed to die because I hadn't got the chance to tell you how I felt about you. See, I was pretty immature back then, wasn't I,” laughed Ginny, through the tears.

Harry shook his head, fighting down the tears.

“I don't think I can walk away again,” she whispered.

He stared at her, willing his voice to work, trying to force the words past the tight lump in his throat.

“I'm so lonely, Harry. Everyone thinks I'm having such a great time in America, when the truth is there are days I'm so lonely, I'm sick with it. I've tried to go out, on dates and stuff. Tried to connect with a man, but I can't. Because the only man I want to be with, have always wanted to be with, is you, and you won't ask me to stay.”

Harry put his hand over his eyes, hating the way they stung. He couldn't break down in front of her, but he had to look at her. She deserved that much. With great effort, he slowly lowered his hand. There were no barriers between them.

“Harry,” she whispered. “You have to ask me or I'll never be sure.”

He knew what she meant.

There was silence in the room.

Harry knew what he had to do, yet a part cried out inside. Could he make himself that vulnerable, even for her?

Ginny stood very still for almost a minute, as Harry debated internally. She then turned, and headed for the front door.

“Ginny!”

She froze, her back to him.

“Gin, I...please!”

He knew it was now or never. He knew she would walk out the door, off his property and out of his life if she thought that was what he really wanted.

“Don't go,” he said.

She bowed her head.

“Gin,” he said, reaching her side. He slid his arms around her, feeling her shaking . Although he couldn't see her face, he knew she was crying.

Then she turned in his arms, and pounded him hard on his chest with her fists.

“Say it. I need to hear you say it.”

He gripped her shoulders, pressing her against his chest. He held her so tightly, he wondered if he might be hurting her.

“Stay with me,” he whispered, tears filling his eyes.

Her arms came up around his neck. He buried his face in her glorious red hair.

“Marry me,” he said, as the tears finally fell.

She nodded her head. “Okay.”

And finally, from that deepest, most hidden tender place in his heart, came the words he'd wanted to say to her for a long time. “Don't leave me, Gin.”

“Never,” she said.


Much later that night, they lay in bed, legs entwined and arms around each other. Ginny explained that she had been going to tell him she was going to return to the States, to pack up her things and return the keys to her landlord for the little apartment she rented. She told him she had been planning to ask him to go with her. Harry readily agreed.

He pulled her close to him. She settled in her favourite spot, where she could rest her cheek against his heart. He kissed the top of her head.

He took one of her hands in his, linking their fingers. “I want you to write more stories. You have a talent, Gin. You started something the other day. Whatever you need to help you write, you just tell me. I want these hands, writing. Typing. Bringing characters to life.”

“I'd rather they were changing nappies,” said Ginny.

Harry stilled, and Ginny rolled over to look at him. The look of love in his eyes left her in no doubt how he felt about that.

“Both Neville and Seamus have told me we need to start having babies. In fact, Neville said if we're not married and pregnant in the next six months, he'll kick your butt.”

Harry simply threw his head back and laughed.


Harry, Ginny and Luna left for America the following Monday. They spent a fun week together, as Ginny showed them around Los Angelos. She took them to her favourite restaurant, hiking trail, part of the beach and the farmer's market. They met some of her friends and Harry was thrilled when Ginny introduced him as her fiance. They had spoken briefly about setting a wedding date in the very near future, as neither wanted a long engagement.

Luna had adored Disneyland. She was like a little girl, captivated by all she saw. Harry and Ginny had so much fun just watching her. Harry had also enjoyed Disneyland. Every Muggle child dreamt of going there, having heard so much about it. Ginny delighted in Harry's boyish happiness.

Luna left them to take a Portkey to Canada, where she was meeting Rolf. She hugged them goodbye, thanking them for a lovely holiday. They all promised to get together when Luna returned to England, which she hoped to be for Christmas.

Harry and Ginny spent the next day gathering all of Ginny's belongings together and saying goodbye to her friends. Harry had many a friend pat him on the back, telling him he better look after 'our Ginny'. Harry assured them all that Ginny's happiness was all that mattered to him.

They took an international Portkey back to England, then spent the next week or so just being together. They told no-one of their return, except for Kingsley Shacklebolt.

An owl went out to the Lupin's on October twenty-second.

On October thirtieth, they joined all of Ginny's family as they celebrated their mother, Molly Weasley's birthday. They met at her grave-site and left flowers, then went to George and Angelina's for a meal. They all shared memories of their beloved mum and dad, and it was a happy evening to be together with the family.

As they lingered over coffee and dessert, Harry grabbed Ginny's hand under the table. His fingers found her left hand, and he rubbed the wedding ring that he had placed there only eight days ago. It was under a Disillusion charm, and Harry just cancelled the charm.. It was their agreed upon signal that it was time to tell the family.

Bill and Fleur were making plans to leave, as Victoire was getting tired and grizzly. Harry knew they had to say something soon.

“Ah, guys, before you go, there's something I need to tell you,” said Ginny, calmly.

“You're pregnant!” guessed Angie.

“With twins,” added George.

“No,” laughed Ginny.

“Not for lack of trying, hey Harry,” nudged Charlie, making Harry blush and wondering if Charlie could do Legilimancy.

Ron scowled. “Do you mind? That is our little sister you're talking about. I'd rather she was married than pregnant.”

“Okay,” agreed Ginny, squeezing Harry's hand.

Ron looked at her. “Okay, what?”

“Well, that's what we wanted to tell you. Harry and I are married. Kingsley married us last week, at the Burrow. Oops, not the Burrow. At home,” said Ginny, smiling at Harry.

“You're married! That's so great, congratulations,” squealed Hermione, getting up from the table to hug them both.

Everyone stood up and came over to hug the newly-weds. While Ginny had been perfectly happy to be married without her family present, she had wondered if they would be angry or upset with her.

“In a way, you were there with me. Everywhere I look, I see where we used to play. The Quidditch pitch, the pond, the meadow, it's all still there. So were the memories of Mum and Dad. I mean, it would have been their big day too. Mum would have wanted it to be perfect for me, and Dad would have walked me down the aisle and handed me to Harry,” explained Ginny.

“It's okay, Gin. Although we would have loved to have been there for you, we understand. Was anybody there, besides Kingsley?” asked Bill.

“Remus and Tonks stood up with us, and acted as witnesses,” said Harry.

“Little Teddy was adorable,” said Ginny. “We got married down by the pond, you remember my favourite place? It was late afternoon. We had Dobby and the two dogs there as well.”

“It sounds simple and sweet,” sighed Audrey, with a longing glance at Percy.

“Yeah, it does,” agreed Ron, looking wistfully at Hermione, who blushed prettily.

“Are you going to make any sort of announcement to the press, Harry?” asked Percy.

Harry and Ginny looked at each other. “We're not thinking that far ahead yet. We're still on our honeymoon,” giggled Ginny.

“We know what that means, don't we Ron,” nudged Charlie to Ron, who groaned.

“We're just happy being home and together. We have no plans beyond visiting Godric's Hollow tomorrow,” said Ginny, putting an arm around her husband and palming his butt.

“Oy, at least wait till you get home,” complained Ron.

“On that note, I think it's time we left,” said Harry. “Goodbye Weasleys, and Weasleys-to-be,” he called cheekily, winking at Hermione and Audrey.

“Goodbye Gin, Goodbye new Bro, “ called George, waving as his son, Fred climbed into his arms.

George whispered into his ear. “Bye Uncle Harry,” called Fred.

“Bye Uncle Harry and Auntie Gin,” called out Victoire, not wanting to let Fred get the better of her.

With a bursting heart, Harry waved goodbye to his new family. He had always found acceptance with the Weasleys, and Molly and Arthur had treated him as one of their own. Now, he could actually say they were his family.

Harry and Ginny Apparated home, to be greeted by the dogs. They let them out to have a quick run around and do their business, before they came in for the night. They soon settled on their special spot near the dying fire.

Harry and Ginny made their way to their bedroom. Their kitten, Minnie, had claimed a spot on their bed, and was fast asleep, until they entered.

“Well, that seemed to go okay,” said Ginny, throwing off her jacket and jumper.

“Were you worried?” asked Harry, watching her as she continued undressing.

“No, not really. I mean, we're married; it's done. I'm just glad their first reaction was one of happiness. I thought some might feel a bit hurt, especially when we said Remus and Tonks were there,” said Ginny, pulling off her jeans and socks.

“You know, if I didn't love calling you Mrs Potter so much, I would have considered taking the Weasley name. 'Hello, I'm Harry Weasley, nice to meet you. Harry Potter? Never heard of him',” chuckled Harry.

“Wasn't that sweet when Fred and Torie called you Uncle? I think you liked that,” said Ginny, going into the bathroom in her bra and knickers.

“Yeah, that felt pretty good. Maybe we can have the kids over sometime, Teddy, too,” suggested Harry, using his wand to banish his clothes away. He jumped into bed, eagerly awaiting his wife's return.

“That would be great. After all, we'll need the practice. Hopefully it won't be long till someone will be calling you Daddy,” teased Ginny, returning to the bedroom.

“Come here, wife. I've only got five months left to get you pregnant, or Neville will kick my butt, remember,” said Harry, reaching for his wife.

“Yes, plus I like to think that right about now, Ron is imagining what we are doing and groaning. I'd hate to let him down. So, for Ron and Neville, it's only right you perform your husbandly duties,” laughed Ginny, as she responded to her husband.

In a flat, several miles away, Ron Weasley suddenly let out a shiver. He had been studying a photo album, full of pictures of Ginny. He had seen her as a baby, and in various stages of her life. The one he was looking at was the successful Gryffindor Quidditch team, who had just won their last game. They all looked thrilled, and smiled happily at the camera.

Except for Harry. He gazed admiringly at Ginny, looking at her with an expression Ron now realised was love. Thinking about their announcement tonight, and Charlie's innuendos gave Ron an idea about what Harry and Ginny were doing right now. He gave another shiver.

“Ron, come to bed,” called Hermione.

“I'm not tired,” called back Ron.

“You don't have to be tired to come to bed,” said Hermione, suggestively.

Ron sat up. Merlin, he was an idiot sometimes. Hmm, maybe Harry and Ginny had the right idea. No family, no big hoopla, just go away and get married. He'd have to see what Hermione thought of that idea.

“Coming, dear,” he called. He resolved not to worry any more about Harry and Ginny. His sister was happy, and back home. All was well.


Just the epilogue to come...

Reviews 89
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear