Search:

SIYE Time:11:27 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Coming Home
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 89
Summary: She left after the battle, thinking she wasn't good enough for the hero of the wizarding world. He loved her enough to let her go, although he had never told her of his feelings. Will the seven year reunion of the DA be enough to convince Ginny to stay, and will Harry get the chance to have the one thing he's always wanted.
Hitcount: Story Total: 49532; Chapter Total: 6427
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


After greeting more friends, Ginny made her way to the bar. After answering the same questions from Rosemerta, Ginny ordered a Butterbeer, and snagged a seat. While she was waiting for it, she turned and saw Harry Potter walking towards her. Absolute delight swept through her as he sat down on the stool next to her.

“Hey, Harry.” He loved the way she said his name.

“Hey, Gin.” She loved the way he shortened her name.

Ginny thought he looked good. Those beautiful eyes had always been sharp, wary. Sad. He had seen too much, and lost so much.

She'd always liked him, so very much.

She'd heard stories of him since she was young. She had asked her parents if Harry Potter could come and live with them. What was one more in their family? She had promised her Mum he could sleep in her room, and she wouldn't eat as much. He needed a family, she told them. He had a Muggle family, she was told. When she actually met him and became his friend, she found out exactly what those Muggle relatives were like, and the harm they had done to him, emotionally.

She had a crush on him, when she first started Hogwarts. He was always alone, or talking with Neville Longbottom, another quiet boy with kind, sad eyes. After Harry had rescued her from the Chamber of Secrets, he had been allowed to spend the last part of the summer with the Weasleys. Molly and Arthur had campaigned Albus for him to come to them every holidays, but Albus told them he needed to return, for a time at least, to Privet Drive. By the time they returned to Hogwarts, Harry and Ginny were good friends.

Ginny looked at him now, as she sipped her drink. He no longer looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. He was just under six feet tall, and he finally looked like he was having hearty meals all the time. His eyes looked restful, happy. He was dressed in jeans and a black polo.

“So, did you ever find that home?” she asked.

She saw the pleasure in his eyes when she asked that question, and pulled out a Muggle wallet and withdrew some photos. She saw a beautiful home, set on two storeys, each storey having a verandah wrap around half of it. A cosy swing chair sat out front. It looked inviting and homey.

“Harry, it looks wonderful,” she said. “You must be proud.”

“I am. I'm proud of you, too,” he said, tucking the photos away.

“Oh.” She felt like a fraud.

“I am. We all are,” he insisted.

Thanks,” was all she could say.

The silence grew uncomfortable. They both perused the tables, watching groups of people talking.

“I read your book,” he said.

“You did?” she asked.

Harry nodded, taking a drink from his bottle. “Yeah. I really connected with those characters, you know. It seemed so real, and I-”

He was interrupted by someone coming close. “Ginny Weasley. You are looking hot! LA must agree with you! Gimme a kiss.”

Arms engulfed her, and before she knew it, a sloppy warm mouth descended on hers. She almost fell off the seat, only Harry's large hand on her back steadied her.

She sat up and adjusted herself. “Seamus, you idiot,” she laughed.

Seamus Finnegan now stood five feet ten, and had a solid build. His hair was longer, and pulled back in a tie. His favourite mode of transportation was his modified flying Harley. Ginny had heard he worked for the Ministry, but nobody seemed to know exactly what he did.

“Hey, we didn't think you'd make it. Why would you tear yourself away from the sunshine and riches in Cali for dreary old England?” laughed Seamus.

“Oh yeah, it's parties and sunshine and shopping all the time,” said Ginny, with a touch of irony, that passed Seamus, but not Harry.

“Hey, what do you guys want to drink?” asked Seamus, beckoning to Rosmerta

Ginny felt Harry's firm touch on her back, steadying her on the barstool. She was glad he hadn't taken his hand away. She liked the way his hand felt; liked his touch.

“Another Butterbeer?” she said.

“Same here,” said Harry.

“Firewhiskey for me and my friends,” bellowed Seamus, winking at the two of them, then turning to check out Parvati Patil as she walked past. Harry and Ginny exchanged a grin.

From a distance, Ginny saw Hermione and Ron get out of a booth and head towards them.

They all turned to the bar, as Rosmerta lined up their shots. Ginny didn't hesitate, she slammed hers down. She set the shot glass on the bar and swivelled back around, reaching blindly for Harry's hand. His fingers closed around hers, warm and comforting.

Hermione and Ron were now nowhere to be seen. “Think I'll pop into the little witches room,” said Ginny, leaning over to Harry. He squeezed her hand and let her go.

She got up and made her way to the back. She was stopped several times by friends and acquaintances, eager to learn about her 'glamorous' life in California. Thinking of the tiny apartment she rented, she laughed out loud.

Finally she made it to the ladies room. While she was in the stall, she heard a voice talking about her.

“Honestly, who does she think she is? She's back and all the guys are sniffing around her. Then she snags Harry and monopolises him. We hardly ever see him, he stays holed up in some mysterious home of his, would it kill her to let him mingle with everyone...”

The voice drifted away as they left the room. Ginny thought about who it could have been. The voice had been familiar, but she couldn't place it. Feeling hurt, she came out of her stall and was just finger combing up her hair, when Hermione came in. Ginny's heart sank.

“Ginny! It's so good to see you,” said Hermione, smiling.

“Hello, Hermione,” acknowledged Ginny.

“You should have let us know you were coming. Someone could have met you, where are you staying?” asked Hermione.

“I-”

“Honestly Ginny, all those years and hardly any contact. We ARE family, after all. Everyone has been so worried about you, although we heard of your success. Ron said...”

Ginny's heart pounded, not really caring what Ron had said. She didn't want to get into a family confrontation now, and certainly not here.

“-Quadpot! But I was really impressed with your book, Ginny. You know, you could have talked to any of us about depression. George especially had it tough, losing his twin. Not that you'd know, leaving as soon as you did. Honestly Ginny! What were you thinking? I think-”

Ginny didn't wait to find out. She just knew she had to get out of there.

“I have to go,” she said, interrupting Hermione's rant. She opened the door, and strode out the ladies room. Hermione watched her go.


HGHGHG


Harry had watched her enter the ladies room, and saw how she looked when she left it. He recognised desperation on her face. He strode toward her, wondering what had upset her so much. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw two red haired males approach her.

Ginny saw them at the same time. George and Ron. Her face paled, and she looked around, as if trapped and looking for a way out.

She turned and saw him, sighing with obvious relief. Before he knew what was happening, she ran up to him, jumped and wrapped her arms around him.

“Harry, get me out of here,” she whispered into his ear, and an edge of panic in her voice.

“Yes, ma'am, he said, tightening his arms around her. Without looking back, he turned toward the door and out into the cool night. When he was a certain distance away, he Apparated them out of Hogsmeade.


HGHGHG

Ginny didn't know where they were, but it really didn't matter. They were lying back on a conjured blow up mattress, looking at the stars. A warming charm kept the chill away.

“I am a total failure,” announced Ginny.

Harry said nothing, sensing she needed to talk. He knew there were issues with her family. He wasn't quite sure what was going on, but he could have listened to her forever. Time alone with Ginny was something he hadn't dared hoped for.

They'd always been able to talk about everything — except his feelings for her. Harry cradled her to his side, his hands gentle. He felt her pain, and wanted to help.

“What happened? Tonight.” he asked.

She leaned against him. It felt nice. She felt safe, a feeling she always got with Harry.

“Did someone say something?” he asked.

Ginny shrugged. “I was having a good time, but I just feel like I'm living a lie. I get the feeling that people think I'm a huge success in America. Everyone is saying I'm doing so well, living it up. It's not like that, Harry.”

“What do you mean, Gin?” asked Harry.

“It's just, well, I come back, and I see my classmates and they're all married, and having babies, or making a difference at the Ministry. And I have...nothing,” said Ginny, miserably.

“There's no guy waiting for you to come back?” asked Harry. He had to know.

“Nope. Nothing. No-one. Not even a male cat,” smiled Ginny.

“You're being too hard on yourself. Marriage and babies doesn't guarantee happiness. Or even the greatest job in the world.”

Harry paused. Before he could speak further, Ginny asked him a question.

“Were you ever happy, Harry? Back at Hogwarts? I always wanted to know. I thought a lot about you back then-”

“Gin-”

“What you felt, how I could help you. What you needed.”

“Ginny, don't-”

“When I wrote my book, there was this character, Daniel. I didn't know it as I was writing it, but when I read it back, I think I, well, I...”

Harry knew. When he read her book, he'd known she'd taken parts of him, and put it in her novel. It should have infuriated him, but it hadn't. It was Ginny, pure and simple.

“I couldn't get you out of my mind,” Ginny confessed, biting her lip and looking away.

Harry's heart lurched. In that moment, he decided that even if she was going to leave again, he was going to make the most of their time together now.

Before he could do or say any more, she jumped to her feet, and started pacing.

“Look at you, rescuing little Ginny Weasley yet again! Tell me, Harry, why didn't you bring a date to this thing tonight? Why didn't you ever get married and have little Potters. I always thought you'd marry young, and start on that family, especially after Sirius...” Her voice trailed off.

To stop her pacing, he grabbed her ankle. She looked down at him, almost falling over. Their eyes connected, and she saw the truth in them.

“No.”

“Yes,” he confirmed.

She stared at him in disbelief. He willed her to see what was in his heart, what had always been in his heart.

“Yes,” he whispered.

He ran his hand from her ankle up to her calf and back, while he waited for her reaction. He wondered what she would do. He felt her gaze on him, and suddenly, knew she wanted this just as much as he did. But she had to give him a sign. She didn't disappoint him.

She leaned down, her beautiful red hair fanning over them as she joined their lips in a sweet gentle caress. Harry's eyes closed, unable to believe this was happening. She put her hands on his shoulders as she brushed her lips against his again, and again.

He lowered her on the mattress, and moulded her body against his. Her arms came up to encircle his neck, running her fingers through his hair. She felt perfect, soft and smooth, still smelling of that wonderful scent that was hers; and in his Amortentia potion. He kissed the nape of her neck, her collarbone, her cheek and her forehead, before finally bringing his mouth down to hers.

“Harry,” she sighed, moving against him.

He held her still. He moaned as she licked his neck and nibbled his ear. He had known it would be like this for them, none of the awkwardness of a first time. It was the feeling of rightness.

He ran his hands down her side, trying to hold on to his control. He didn't want her to be frightened of the depth of his need for her. He tried to pull back, to give her time to accept what she'd learned, about what had nearly happened, and what was still to come.

She wouldn't remain in England, but he would give her as much pleasure, as much of his love as he could while she let him.

Ginny's head was spinning. She wanted to touch him, to know him. Tentatively, she let her hands explore his body. She ached to take his clothes off, and feel him skin to skin. Slowly, her hands moved over his chest and down his abdomen.

Harry's breath caught. He badly needed release, but knew that if she gave him the slightest indication, he would stop.

He felt her touch him through his jeans. Although it was driving him to the edge, he let her feel his need for her. He wanted her to accept that he wanted her, needed her that way.

He'd had his share of women, none of whom he'd loved. Some he'd grown to care about, all of them he'd treated well. He never promised them anything, because not one of them had come close to his heart. It was too full of Ginny.

“I want you,” he whispered.

They now faced each other on their sides. His fingers touched her breast, encircling the hard nub. Unconsciously she leaned closer to him. Her body was so responsive, so eager beneath his touch. He ran his hand over her jean clad butt, wishing they were naked. He moved his hand up her leg, then raised it and placed it gently over his hip, bringing their lower bodies into contact.

She shuddered and closed her eyes. Harry guessed she wasn't as experienced as him, and he felt a responsibility to ensure her pleasure.

He heard a soft intake of her breath as she felt his lower body react to her closeness.

“Oh,” she breathed.

She grasped his shoulders, and rolled under him. Harry lay between her thighs. It was absolute heaven and hell. He thrust, and she thrust back. She moaned, deep in her throat. Harry was afraid he was going to come in his jeans. They needed to slow down, or get naked and do this properly.

“Ginny, will you come home with me?” he asked. This was it; no turning back.

Ginny looked at him. She felt no shame or regret. She'd known Harry for years, yearned for him for years; what just happened seemed so right.

Ginny shivered in anticipation. She thought of going to his home, to a warm, soft bed, perfect for what they could do in in it together.

He smiled, those bright green eyes lighting with a passion, an intensity he'd had to hide before. She'd never seen him look like that before, at her or anyone.

He kissed her, a fun, teasing kiss. She laughed, a sound that went straight to his heart. How he loved her laugh.

“Yes, Harry, I want to see your home,” she said to him.

He smiled again, a look of joy on his face. He kissed her hard. Getting to his feet, he held out his hand for her, to help her up. When she did, he banished the mattress, and drew her close.

“Side-along Apparition, okay. Trust me.”

“Always, Harry,” she replied, looking him directly in his eyes.

He kissed her hard again. Then Ginny felt herself being sucked away, so she clung to Harry.

When they stopped, she opened her eyes. She felt Harry's hands steadying her on arrival, but now she took a step away from him, looking around. The moonlight shone on his home, and she realised the photos didn't show how large it was. It still contained that homey feeling though, and Ginny couldn't wait to have a look around.

Something felt off, though. She tried to get her bearings. She looked around, puzzled at the familiarity of it. She looked at Harry, who was watching her anxiously.

“No-one told you, did they?” he asked.

She looked confused. Harry sighed, hoping it wasn't going to be a major issue. He put his hands on her shoulders and turned her around. In the distance she could see some Quidditch goal posts. Again, they seemed familiar. Then it hit her.

Harry had built his new home on the ashes of the Burrow.









Reviews 89
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear