Search:

SIYE Time:23:06 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Coming Home
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 89
Summary: She left after the battle, thinking she wasn't good enough for the hero of the wizarding world. He loved her enough to let her go, although he had never told her of his feelings. Will the seven year reunion of the DA be enough to convince Ginny to stay, and will Harry get the chance to have the one thing he's always wanted.
Hitcount: Story Total: 49426; Chapter Total: 5739
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny left the Leaky Cauldron and headed into Diagon Alley. She found a small florist shop, and with delight, remembered it was the one Neville's great-aunt ran. She entered, hoping to find a nice bunch of flowers for Fleur.

Ten minutes later she left. She had a delightful bouquet of wild-flowers that reminded her of her mum's garden at the Burrow. She'd taken a moment to admire Enid's gerberas, for the colours were stunning. As she paid for her flowers for Fleur, something in the display case had caught her eye. She ordered one of them, to be sent to her room at the Leaky. Pleased with how her morning was going, she strolled out, thanking Mrs Longbottom for her help.

She Apparated to Shell Cottage, and took a moment to admire the sea. It was strong and powerful. Ginny loved the ocean, and wondered about the possibility of living near here, should she decide to move back to England. Turning to the familiar house, she saw Bill and his eldest daughter waiting outside for her.

As she headed to meet them, four year old Victoire broke away from her father and raced down to meet Ginny. Ginny was surprised, as they had never met. Yet Victoire didn't hesitate, as she flung herself into her aunt's arms and hugged her. Ginny hugged her back, grateful for this unconditional show of love.

They pulled away. Ginny looked up and saw that Bill had joined them, and was smiling broadly.

“My turn now?” he asked Victoire, who grinned at him and nodded. Ginny could see she was missing a tooth.

Bill hugged Ginny. She hugged him back, fiercely. He was the brother she had missed the most. The one who had been there for her always. The one who had actually listened to her after the Chamber of Secrets, not tip-toed around her, or made grand announcements of always going to be there for her. Bill knew Ginny, knew what she had needed. Still, that was in the past. She was older and stronger. Wasn't she?

“Welcome home, Ginny,” said Bill in her ear, as they continued to hug.

Ginny smiled.

HGHGHG

Fleur had put on a lovely light lunch of sandwiches and cakes. Ginny was grateful, as she knew tonight she was going to be eating a lot. She was currently cradling six month old Dominique in her arms, enjoying the feeling of the little body against hers.

Bill had brought her up to date on her brother's lives. Charlie was still in Romania, busier than ever. Percy had met a woman at the Ministry, and Bill expected them to get engaged soon. George and Angelina were married, and expecting a baby early in the new year, a sibling for two year old Freddie. Hermione and Ron were engaged and trying to fit in a wedding amongst Hermione's busy career at the Ministry, in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, and Ron's at the Department of Magical Games and Sports.

Ginny was happy for her brothers, that they were all moving along happily with their careers and family. She felt a pang that she had missed it all, but knew it had been her choice. She hadn't encouraged any visits, and the brief letters she'd sent them, the best she could do at the time, now seemed ridiculous. They were her brothers, her flesh and blood. She knew, had she asked, any of them would have been there for her. They had grown up at the Burrow alongside her. Speaking of which...

“Come on, bebe, let's get you in your bed,” cooed Fleur, taking the sleepy baby from Ginny's arms. “Come Victoire, let your Papa talk with Auntie Ginny.”

Victoire pouted, but followed her mother into her sister's bedroom, where Fleur shut the door.

Ginny smiled as she watched them go. She turned back to find Bill's eyes on her. She swallowed.

“Bill, the Burrow...I was shocked.”

Bill nodded. “I'm sure you were. We didn't want to sell, but then, it didn't seem right, just one of us living there. Charlie was returning to Romania, Fleur and I are happy here, and George and Angie like where they are. We got an evaluation on it, just to see, mind you, and the next thing we knew, Harry made us an offer. It seemed like the right thing to do. He's a part of the family, without being family, if you know what I mean.”

Ginny nodded slowly.

“Your share of the sale is in a vault at Gringott's,” he said hurriedly.

“I'm not worried about that,” snapped Ginny, then regretted letting her temper get the better of her. “Sorry,” she said.

“We did send you a letter, asking what you thought of the idea, but we never heard back,” said Bill.

Ginny realised it must have been the time she was recovering from her Quadpot injury. She'd been hospitalised for three weeks, and when she'd returned home, to an empty house, she'd banished the piled up mail. It was just too much to deal with at the time.

“So. Last night. You left pretty quickly, Hermione said,” said Bill.

“What? Did you have a meeting about me this morning, or something? I had planned to talk to you all, but I didn't expect to get bombarded in the loo,” said Ginny.

Bill noted the vulnerability in her voice. “I'm sorry, you know what Hermione's like. George and Ron said they wanted to say hello, but you shot out of there with Harry. Hermione said you had words in the ladies.”

Ginny looked over at the sea. The waves were rolling in. She wondered, not for the first time today, what Harry was doing. She missed him, missed his bed.

“How is Harry these days? No-one sees him much. Did you get a chance to talk, did he tell you what he's done with the Burrow?” asked Bill.

Ginny focused on Bill, not being in Harry's arms. “He's good. His home is amazing, it's so homey and -”

“Wait, he took you there? You've seen it?” asked Bill.

Ginny nodded.

“Gin, Harry hasn't taken anyone there, well, not that I know of. Is it-does it look like the Burrow at all?” he asked.

Ginny shook her head, smiling as she remembered his lovely home. “No, he's completely built something new. It's big, but it's homey. I'm surprised he didn't get you all to come and see it. I'm sure he's had Neville or someone there. Besides, you know he likes his privacy,” said Ginny, defensively.

Bill nodded. “I know. Gin, how long are you staying in England?”

“I'm not sure, I only planned to stay for four days, and leave on Tuesday,” said Ginny.

Bill nodded, but hoped he could convince her to stay for longer. He had hoped his sister would find what she was looking for, but at times today, she still seemed as lost as she was four years ago. His heart ached for her, wondering how he could help her.

They both turned to greet Fleur and Victoire, who had returned. Fleur had coffee and cake, and Victoire wanted to know all about America from her Auntie Ginny.

As another hour passed, Ginny got to her feet. “I really must go. I have a couple of things to do before I start to get ready for tonight. Thank you for lunch, it was fun,” said Ginny, hugging Victoire and Fleur.

Bill walked her out, and hugged her goodbye. “For what it's worth, I'm glad you're here, Gin. And if I let you down back then, I'm truly sorry.”

Ginny bit her lip and looked away. “Don't, Bill, I-”

“No, I mean it. I hate seeing you like this, Gin. If you need me for anything, if I can help you, you know all you have to do is ask. You're my baby sister, and I love you. Don't forget that,” he said, kissing her forehead.

Ginny was too choked up to answer, so she nodded and let him go. She walked a few steps away and Apparated back to Diagon Alley.

She walked down the Alley, memories flooding back as she saw Ollivanders, Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour and Scrivenshafts. She came to Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes and paused. Without giving it too much more thought, she went inside.

Being a Saturday, the place was packed. Kids were running everywhere, while frazzled parents chased after them. Ginny took in the shop, seeing the changes George had made since the last time she had been there. Sadly, she remembered that Fred was still alive then.

She wandered around, impressed with what she saw. She was looking away, when she bumped into someone.

“Oh, I'm sorry!” she exclaimed.

“Sorry, do you need help?” said a female voice at the same time.

They both paused, looking at each other. “Ginny?” asked the other woman.

“Angelina?” asked Ginny.

Both women smiled, then hugged. “It's so good to see you,” they both said again.

Laughing, they broke apart.

“Hey, Angie, have you seen-Ginny?” asked George, shocked.

“Yes, I've just seen Ginny, George. My husband, the genius,” said Angelina, nudging Ginny. She smiled tentatively at her brother.

“Gin. Merlin, it's so good to see you. Look at you, all grown up. You're gorgeous! Who would have thought it, you used to be a scrawny little thing,” teased George.

Ginny relaxed. This was what she was used to, this teasing. “Well, it was obvious that I got all the looks, the brains, and the Quidditch skills,” she smirked.

George threw his head back and laughed. “Merlin, I've missed you, Gin.”

“Really?” asked Ginny, raising an eyebrow. “Cos it looks to me like you've been busy while I've been away,” she said, eyeing Angelina's stomach.

“Yep, we've been getting busy all right,” smirked George, throwing an arm around Angelina. “Oof,” he said, as she elbowed him in his stomach.

“This one is going to be a girl,” said Angelina, proudly.

“Wow, looks like this generation is going to be all about girl power,” exclaimed Ginny.

“Yeah, well, they've got their Auntie Gin to look up to, haven't they?” asked George, smiling as he rubbed Angelina's stomach.

“Now that you're home, we can ask you if we can use Ginevra as a middle name,” said Angelina..

She then asked Ginny. “You ARE home, aren't you?”

Ginny hesitated. “My plans are up in the air at the moment.”

An employee called out for help. Angelina turned to George and patted his arm. “I'll go. Ginny, I'll see you tonight. We're glad you're home.”

With a hug, she left.

Ginny watched George watch her go. She was glad to see her brother so happy. Last time she had seen him, he wasn't in a good place. The loss of Fred had been hardest on him. Like losing a part of himself.

“Sorry if Ron and I freaked you out, last night. We just wanted to say hello.”

“It's okay. Maybe I over reacted. I, uh, I had heard something just before Hermione started on me, and it was just too much. Then seeing you guys, well...”

“I hope Harry looked after you last night?” he asked.

Ginny nodded, blushing slightly at how well Harry had looked after her.

“He's missed you, Ginny. You guys were so tight at Hogwarts, even Fred and I could see that. We wouldn't hand the Marauders Map over to just anyone, even for you.”

“I know,” said Ginny.

“Hey, George, we need you over here,” called someone. George turned to them and nodded.

“Sorry. Gotta go. I'll see you tonight, yeah? Want us to drop over earlier and pick you up?”

“No, that's fine, thanks. Harry's coming for me,” said Ginny.

George looked at her. She still wore the slight blush from when he'd mentioned Harry earlier.

“Okay sis, at least I know you're in good hands. We'll see you there. Save me a dance,” he called, walking away.

Ginny left the store with a smile on her face.

HGHGHG

Harry entered the Leaky Cauldron, and made his way up the stairs to room seven. He knocked on the door.

“Come in,” he heard Ginny call out.

Frowning he went in. “Gin, you really need to be a bit more security conscious. I could have been...”

Ginny had come into the bedroom from the bathroom She was fiddling with an earring. “Harry? Did you say something?”

Harry couldn't speak. She looked amazing. Her hair, her gorgeous red hair was pulled to the side in a loose braid. She wore a black halter dress, which brought out the paleness of her skin. Her legs were encased in sheer stockings and her black shoes snaked up her ankle.

“Can you do me up?” she asked, turning around.

He walked over to her, placing a small box on the table and trying to ignore the bed. He saw the bouquet of gerberas on her bedside table. He stood behind her, trying to remember when her shoulder blades became sexy. He longed to undo the tie at her neck, and strip the dress off her. He wanted to run his tongue all over her back.

“Harry?” she asked, trembling slightly.

He looked for the zip. It was near her ass, and went up to her lower back. She fidgeted nervously.
He put his hands on her hips, and leaned his forehead against her bare back. With shaky hands, he pulled the zip up, and stepped away. But not before he pressed a kiss to the small of her back.

“Thanks,” she said, breathlessly.

She turned to face him, and Harry saw the sexual flush on her face. She had never worn much make-up, and tonight was no exception. Some mascara brought out her eyes, and a light dusting of powder on her cheeks made her glow. Harry dared not look at her lips.

“I have something for you,” he said, retrieving the box he had laid down earlier. He removed the lid and took out the flowers.

“It's a corsage, a wrist corsage,” he explained, slipping it on. He was glad he had gone for white orchids, as they stood out against her dress.

“With a Gryffindor ribbon,” murmured Ginny, approvingly. Harry nodded.

She kissed his cheek, breathing in his masculine scent. “Thank you. For this, and the beautiful bouquet. They certainly brightened up my room. You know, you weren't the only one to visit Neville's great aunt today,” she grinned.

She crossed to the little fridge in the room and opened it. “This is for you,” she said, opening a similar box and taking it out.

“Does this go on my wrist too?” he asked with a grin, touched that she'd thought of him today.

“No, it goes on your jacket. Here, let me,” she said, approaching him.

She had a single white orchid with a similar Gryffindor ribbon to the one he'd given her, only his was smaller. He held still as she got closer, and watched her as she concentrated on connecting it to his jacket.

“Should have just used a sticking charm,” she muttered, licking her lips. Harry followed her tongue, then realised she was watching him.

“Harry,” she whispered.

He couldn't hold back any longer. He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her passionately. To his delight, she kissed him back, matching him kiss for kiss.

A knock on the door drew them apart. “Photos in five minutes, Ginny,” called Hannah Abbott, the Proprietress of the Leaky Cauldron.

Harry and Ginny's eyes met and held the promise that this would continue later. Ginny grabbed her cloak and put it on. Taking the hand that Harry held out for her, she left her room.

He threaded her arm through his, so proud to have her on his arm. Together they headed downstairs.
Reviews 89
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear