Search:

SIYE Time:5:40 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Coming Home
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 89
Summary: She left after the battle, thinking she wasn't good enough for the hero of the wizarding world. He loved her enough to let her go, although he had never told her of his feelings. Will the seven year reunion of the DA be enough to convince Ginny to stay, and will Harry get the chance to have the one thing he's always wanted.
Hitcount: Story Total: 49526; Chapter Total: 5060
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Just wanted to clarify that this story is more angst-y than dark, and the darkness I mentioned at the beginning was to do with Ginny's depression after the war. Sorry if I misled anyone. A




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry had left Ginny, returned home and showered. He let the dogs out for a run, and went for a quick fly around the Quidditch pitch. He tried not to think of Ginny.

He returned to the kitchen, where Dobby had prepared breakfast. He checked his messages, and made a couple of fire-calls. Still he tried not to think about Ginny. He knew he was fighting a losing battle.

He went and sat on the swing chair on his verandah. His dog Paddy came over and rested his head on his knee. Harry ran his hands over the dog's floppy ears.

“You see, I want her to stay, but I can't ask her. She has to want it. I can't make the decision for her. I don't want her to regret it, or me.”

Paddy nudged his hand, giving it a gentle lick.

“I've loved her for so long...I didn't even realise how much till I saw her again the other night. All the thoughts and feelings I had for her, they all came back. Having that time alone with her, it's been a gift. I thought it would be enough, that I could let her go. But I'm finding that I want more,” sighed Harry.

He looked out over his backyard. His property. Thought of the long, cold winter that was upon him, and how much more lonely this one would be. Now he had loved Ginny, he would know what he was missing, and he would have to live with it every single day.

“I should be able to be like the hero in the movies, the hero every one thinks I am. You know, go up and sweep her off her feet. Except I think she'd kick my ass if I did that,” said Harry with a chuckle.

Paddy whined.

“No good?”

Paddy licked his hand again.

“I could fire-call her and we could go to the barbecue together?”

Paddy's tail thumped on the floor.

“You like that idea?”

Paddy's tail thumped harder.

“Me too,” said Harry, patting his dog on the head as he headed for the fireplace.

HGHGHG

Ginny Apparated to Luna's house in Ottery St Catchpole. She was surprised to find Cho there already. Luna explained Cho's Muggle fiance Derek was working, so she and Cho had made plans to go to the barbecue together.

Luna showed Ginny to the room she would be staying in, and Ginny got her bags out and cancelled the shrinking charm. She left them there and wandered to the window. If she concentrated hard enough, she could make out the Quidditch hoops from the Burrow in the distance. No, not the Burrow. Harry's home now.

Luna came up behind Ginny, and laid her head on her shoulder. “I'm glad you're here, Ginny,” she said.

“Thank you for letting me stay, Luna,” said Ginny, leaning her head against Luna's. It was comforting.

“You're welcome, but when I said here, I really meant England. Home. I've missed you,” said Luna.

“I've missed you, too.”

“Come on, let's go downstairs. I've made some tea, and Cho is just pulling some scones out of the oven,” said Luna, tugging Ginny's hand, and pulling her along.

Ginny smiled and let Luna lead her downstairs. The smell of scones enveloped her as she got closer to the kitchen.

“Smells good, Cho,” smiled Ginny.

“Thanks Ginny. I like cooking. Wasn't the food last night delicious? Hannah did a really good job,” said Cho.

Luna and Ginny agreed. They discussed several of their DA classmates. Cho laughed as she said she spied Justin and Susan getting hot and heavy in the kitchen, when Hannah kicked them out.

“I think Neville thought it was Hannah in there with Justin,” said Luna, sipping at her herbal tea.

“Neville? What's he got to do with it? Didn't he come with you?” asked Ginny, slathering a scone with butter and jam.

Luna nodded. “Just as friends. He's had a thing for Hannah for ages, but he's too shy to ask her out. Plus he thinks his job at Hogwarts doesn't leave enough time for a relationship. Hannah does work a lot of hours at the Leaky Cauldron, you know,” said Luna.

“Mmm, it's quite a distance, but you don't have to live on-site at Hogwarts all the time, do you?” asked Ginny.

Cho shrugged. “I'm not sure. You know, I don't think I've ever seen Neville with a girlfriend.”

“He's been too focused on his career, although he never thought he'd end up as a professor at Hogwarts,” admitted Luna.

“I think Neville is the kind of guy that once he falls for someone, that's going to be it. She'll be the one. He's not a player. She'll be a lucky girl, whoever ends up with him,” said Cho.

“Yes,” agreed Luna. “I think he'll be a good lover, don't you?”

Cho spat out her tea, while Ginny coughed on a mouthful of scone. “Merlin, Luna, a bit of warning, please,” laughed Ginny.

“What? You don't think he'll make a good lover? He's certainly grown into his looks, hasn't he?”

“I've never really thought about it,” said Ginny.

Luna gave her a look. “Well, of course not, you've got Harry,” she said.

Ginny opened her mouth to deny it, but then shut it. She didn't really know how to explain her and Harry's relationship with anyone, so she decided to keep quiet.

“I can't wait to meet a man who looks at me like Harry looks at you,” said Luna, dreamily. “I imagine it's very intense, when you make love. I've never made love,” she said.

Cho and Ginny exchanged a shocked look. “Luna, are you a virgin?” asked Ginny, softly.

“Merlin, no! I've had sex, lots of times. I just want to know what it's like to make love, with the one you're meant to be with,” said Luna.

“What if you don't meet him, the one you're supposed to be with?” asked Ginny.

“Oh, he's out there. In Greek mythology it's said that all mortals used to have four legs and two heads. Then the gods sent down thunderbolts, splitting the mortals in two. So now they have two legs and one head. But it left them with a desperate yearning to be reunited, because they each shared the same soul. And all people spend the rest of their lives searching for the rest of their soul. So, that's how I know he's out there,” said Luna, confidently.

“Well, Derek's my soul mate,” said Cho, giggling.

“Lucky you,” murmured Ginny, getting up to stretch her back. She wandered over to the window, and again looked in the direction of Harry's home.

She missed the exchange of knowing looks between Cho and Luna.

“I'm going to do the dishes,” said Cho. "What time shall we leave for the barbecue?”

“About an hour,” suggested Luna.

She went up to Ginny and stood next to her. “It's been four years since the war ended. I can't even begin to imagine what you think you have done that is so bad that Harry wouldn't forgive you. You're both my friends, and I hate that you're both so unhappy, so alone. Can't you talk to him about this?” asked Luna.

Ginny shrugged.

“How can I ask Harry to forgive me, when I can't forgive myself?” she half-whispered to Luna.

Luna put an arm around Ginny's shoulders. “You and Harry belong together.”

Ginny wished she could believe her.

HGHGHGHG

Hannah answered his call. She just happened to be in Ginny's room when he called.

“Hi Harry. Have a good time last night?” she asked, brightly.

“Yeah, it was great. So, is Ginny around?” he asked.

“Oh, I thought she would have told you. She left. Checked out this morning,” said Hannah.

Harry felt like his heart had stopped. She was gone. She hadn't said goodbye. Maybe she thought she was being kinder this way, a quick, clean break. Maybe she was angry with him after he left her this morning. He realised they had made love without speaking a word to each other, letting their hands and mouth to do their talking.

“- Harry, did you hear me? Are you all right?” asked Hannah.

“Sorry, Hannah, I drifted off for a bit. What was you saying?” he asked.

“I said you'll see her at the barbecue later. She told me she was going. She'll probably arrive with Luna, seeing as how she's staying with her,” said Hannah.

Harry's heart resumed beating. She was still here. Close. At Luna's. He still had today with her, before she left again.

“Thanks, Hannah,” he said.

“I'll see you at the barbecue, won't I?” asked Hannah.

“Yeah, I'll be there,” said Harry.

It was Ginny's second to last day. He would be there.

HHGHGHGHG

Harry fire-called Ginny at Luna's house. He hadn't ever been to the Lovegood's house, but he knew that it was the closest house to his. The thought of Ginny being so close made him feel better, but he wished she was with him.

Luna answered the fire-call. “Hello, Harry. How are you?”

“Hi, Luna. I'm good, and you? May I speak with Ginny, please?” asked Harry, peering behind Luna. He could hear someone moving around behind her.

“Oh, she's not here. Are you going to the barbecue?” asked Luna.

“Uh, yeah. What do you mean, she's not there? Hannah told me she was staying with you,” said Harry, anxiously.

“Oh, she is. She went outside and picked some flowers, then said she had someone she had to see. She told me she'd meet me at the barbecue,” said Luna.

“Oh. All right then. I guess I'll see her there, then,” said Harry. “Will you tell her I called?”

“Sure, Harry,” said Luna.

As Harry turned to end the call, Luna called him back.

“You know, she's staying for the rest of the week,” said Luna.

“What?” asked Harry, not daring to believe it.

“Uh-huh. But you know what?”

“What?” asked Harry.

“I reckon between all of us, we can convince her to come home. I know her brothers want her home. Neville, Seamus and I want her home. So if there's anything you can think of that will help us convince her, well...” Luna's voice trailed off, but Harry swore she gave him a wink.

“I'll, uh, let you know,” mumbled Harry.

“Oh, there's no need for that. I trust you to do the right thing by Ginny. I know you'd never do anything to hurt her,” said Luna, confidently.

“Thanks Luna,” said Harry, grateful for her simple kindness. “You're the best. See you later.”

Luna sighed. Harry sounded happy, and she really hoped that he and Ginny would work things out.
Ginny was her best friend., and Harry had always been nice to her at Hogwarts.

“They're so lucky to have found each other so early in their life,” sighed Luna, returning to Cho in the kitchen.

“Who?” asked Cho.

“Harry and Ginny. I just hope they can help each other deal with whatever burdens they're carrying. Then they can start to heal, and move forward. Together.”

Cho giggled. “Yeah, sexual healing! Honestly, can't you just feel the sexual tension in the air when they're around? Harry looks like he wants to drag her away and make made passionate love to her. Can you imagine what it would be like for them, between the sheets?”

Luna nodded. “Soul mate loving. The best kind,” she said, smiling.


HGHGHG


Ginny wandered through the pretty town of Godric's Hollow, and entered the cemetery. She wandered around, looking at the head stones. Finally she found the ones she wanted. She lay flowers on the two graves marked 'Potter', but it was the one next to theirs that she was there for. She lay the bouquet of dog flowers on it, and knelt down in front of it.

“Hey Sirius. I'm here. Finally. I know I missed your funeral, but I — oh, who am I kidding. Why lie? I couldn't come, okay? I was really pissed off with you. You weren't supposed to die, you know?”

Trying to keep the tears away, Ginny turned to look at a person laying flowers on another grave, several rows away. She took a deep breath, then turned back to Sirius's.

“When I left, I knew that you'd be there for Harry. And he for you. You needed each other. When I heard you'd been killed, Merlin, this is going to sound stupid, but I was so mad at you.

A wind blew, and Ginny shivered, then cast a warming charm on herself. “I wanted to come back then, I really did. For Harry and Remus. But I knew if I came back then, I'd never leave. And I wasn't ready to stay. Emotionally, I mean.”

Ginny sighed. “I want to thank you, Sirius. You understood me better than I understood myself at times. The talks we had at Grimmauld Place that summer, well, they meant a lot to me. Just by listening, you helped me.”

Ginny stood up, hugging her arms around her middle. “You were a good man, Sirius Black, and life dealt you a shitty hand. Both you and Harry deserved better. But, more than anything, I'm glad you had your time together. I love you, Sirius, and I'm proud to call you my friend.”

Tears were falling now, as she prepared to leave. The barbecue had started, and she was going to be fashionably late.

“Goodbye Sirius. I'm sure you and Mr Potter are up there together, pranking the angels, while Mrs Potter is watching and laughing. Say hi to Fred for me.”

She turned to leave, but hesitated and turned back. “You know, the real reason you and I got on so well is because we both loved Harry. I just want you to know that he's got a really nice home now and he's even got a black dog named Paddy. I want him to be happy just as much as you did. If anyone deserves it, it's Harry. I think we can both agree on that.”

“Goodbye, Sirius.”







Reviews 89
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear