Search:

SIYE Time:22:57 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Coming Home
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 89
Summary: She left after the battle, thinking she wasn't good enough for the hero of the wizarding world. He loved her enough to let her go, although he had never told her of his feelings. Will the seven year reunion of the DA be enough to convince Ginny to stay, and will Harry get the chance to have the one thing he's always wanted.
Hitcount: Story Total: 49425; Chapter Total: 4859
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thank you for all who voted for this story. I'm overwhelmed to get an Honourable Mention for it. Thank you all.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny awoke early in the morning, just as the new day was dawning. Harry had her wrapped so tightly in his arms, as if he feared she would leave if she was able. She gently slid out, stilling as he made a sound. Successfully, she eased out of bed and transfigured her torn shirt into a silky bathrobe. She went to the loo, then peered out of Harry's French doors to the dawning day.

Ginny didn't know what was going to happen now, she just knew they couldn't go on being apart. They belonged together, and the sooner Harry realised this, the better.

She would do her best to be worthy as the partner of the hero of the wizarding world. She just didn't want to embarrass Harry too much, with incidents like yesterday. With her temper, mostly dormant the last few years, anything was possible if provoked, particularly by the press. All she wanted was to be his best source of comfort. She needed him, and he needed her.

She heard him move about in the bed, then next she felt him stand behind her. He slipped an arm around her waist, pulling her against his naked body. His other hand moved her hair aside, as he laid his lips on her neck and breathed her in.

“I think it may snow today,” sighed Ginny, tilting her head to give him better access.

“All the more reason to come back to bed,” Harry said softly, slowly pulling the bathrobe off her shoulders. His lips followed his hands, which continued undressing her, ever so slowly.

“Harry,” she whispered.

He removed her covering, throwing it aside. He took her hand and led her back to bed. He sat on the edge, holding her in front of him, still standing. He kissed her breasts and her abdomen, while his hands ran over her ass.

She put her hands on his shoulders for support, closing her eyes in ecstasy. She let him have his way for a couple of minutes, then took control. She straddled him, and they shifted to the centre of the bed.

He held her hips as she moved, slowly and sensually. She built up the pace, and Harry joined her. Their orgasm came one after the other. Sated, Ginny collapsed on Harry's chest. Their heavy breathing filled the room, as Harry stroked her hair.

He kissed her forehead, then hesitated. “Did I hurt you, Gin? Last night?”

Ginny smiled as she lay against his chest. “No, I liked it.”

She shifted so she could look at him as she lay with her chin on his heart. “I liked seeing that wild side of you, Harry. I hope to see it more often.”

Ginny hoped to see a shy smile on his face. Even in Hogwarts, she had liked to make him smile, or laugh. To forget about his worries for a short time. But now, he could see him hesitating.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

Harry looked into her eyes. He wanted to tell her all his fears. Of how much he loved her, and knew he always would. He was pretty sure she knew how much he wanted her. Yet a part of him felt ashamed that he had such a need for her. He felt all confused. The only thing he knew for sure was how he felt about her, but he just didn't know if he could say it.

“Harry?” she whispered again, uncertainty in her voice.

To answer her, he rolled her over and lay over her. He found her mouth and kissed her. Gently.

Ginny sighed, and encircled her arms over his neck. He gathered her closer, kissing her forehead, her cheek, her mouth, her neck, he shoulders and her mouth again. He felt the adrenaline rush that being with this one woman gave him. That, and so much more.

The feeling rose up inside of him, and he knew he had to go for it. He had to say it. Finally.

“Gin, I love you,” he whispered, looking at her eyes. “Stay with me, for the rest of the week?”

Ginny gave him that blazing look. She would stay with him for the rest of his life if he asked, but Ginny wasn't sure he would. For now though, it was enough.

“Yes,” she said, bringing his head down to hers.

HGHGHG

They barely left the house for the next two days. Harry didn't know if Ginny had contacted Luna to pick up her belongings, but then again, she had no need of them. Harry wanted her in his bed at all times, with short breaks to exercise the dogs, and check on things in his office.

In his house, Ginny surrendered. Harry finally sated a hunger that had been building for years. It surprised even him in it's intensity, and he just hoped it didn't overwhelm her or frighten her.

However, Ginny matched his longings with her own. She welcomed him, and they made love throughout those forty-eight hours as if they had invented it.

There were different ways they made love. There were the fun and playful times, with her beautiful smile and her laughter. Strong and intense, when he pinned her down, making her scream. Long and slow, making her beg for completion, kissing her all over, and she, him.

Harry loved her the best way he knew, keeping her in his bed, bringing her food, showering with her. Letting her sleep when exhaustion was at hand. Holding her and watching her. He could never get tired of watching her.

A fire-call from Ron reminded her about their planned dinner. The timing was good, as a reluctant Harry remembered a business meeting he had. So Tuesday night, they parted for a short while. Two and a half hours later they reunited at Harry's home. Their love-making was furious, as though being apart had been too much, even for that short time span.

Harry felt as though something inside him had been released. He had finally said the words that he'd kept hidden for so long. Even if she left, she would know how he felt about her. He hadn't cared that she didn't say those words back to him. He had simply needed to say it, after all this time apart.

He wanted to mark her, make her his in every way possible. If he had thought by making love so much it would get her out of his system, he was fooling himself. He only wanted her more and more. He couldn't imagine ever tiring of her and her passion.

Wednesday came, and brought with it a solemn mood. It was the anniversary of Sirius's passing. Remus had fire-called the night before to ask Harry if their plans to go together had changed.

“No, of course not. In fact, Ginny offered to look after Teddy here, while we go. Just an idea,” said Harry.

“I'll tell Tonks. We'll floo over in the morning,” said Remus, glad to see Harry so happy.

Remus and Tonks had been the ones Harry had turned to with the unexpected death of Sirius Black. He had gone to Azkaban for a meeting that his cousin, Narcissa, had requested. Harry hadn't wanted him to go alone, but Sirius insisted it would be fine. He was curious with what his bitch of a cousin could possibly have to say to him after all these years. It had been two years since the final battle.

The meeting had started out ordinarily, with questions about various family members, particularly Draco and his son, Scorpius. Sirius soon grew tired, and tried to get her to get to the point of the visit. She suddenly got agitated, and started yelling.

An Auror from the DMLE, who happened to be finishing his patrol, had been passing Narcissa's cell. He heard the commotion and rushed in. Sirius had yelled at him to stop, but he had reached for his wand. Sirius had had to leave his at the visitors entrance. Somehow, during a scuffle,the Auror's wand ended up in Narcissa's hand, and she cast the Killing Curse at Sirius, before being overpowered by the Auror. For this, she received The Kiss.

Her death brought no comfort to a grieving Harry and Remus. Together with Tonks and a six month old Teddy, they secluded themselves at Harry's newly built home. Three months later they moved out into their own home.

Remus and Harry went to the cemetery together, on the first anniversary. Tonks had wanted to come, but decided to stay home with Teddy. Harry wondered if they would both go this year.

They flooed over mid-morning. Tonks greeted Ginny heartily, yet Remus was slightly more restrained. He knew what she meant to Harry, and also knew that she had the power to hurt him beyond anything. So he held himself back, even as she warmly embraced him.

“Hello, Remus. Thank you for watching over him,” she whispered in his ear, hugging him.

He pulled back and smiled at her. She stepped back into Harry's arms.

“So, did you want to leave Teddy here with me, while you all go?” she asked, looking from Tonks to Remus.

“Actually, Gin, would you mind if I stayed with you? This one had me up all night, couldn't get him settled. I'm knackered,” said Tonks, with a nod to Teddy, who was playing with some building blocks Harry had got out for him.

“Sure, I'm happy for the company,” said Ginny.

“Oh, getting a bit sick of our Harry, are you?” teased Tonks, with a wink.

“Tonks,” drawled Remus, a warning note in his tone.

Ginny burst out laughing. “It's fine, Remus. It's just nice to have a little girl talk every now and then. And a handsome little fella to protect us,” said Ginny, smiling at Teddy.

He looked at Ginny and broke into a toothy smile, holding up one of his blocks. To Teddy's delight, Ginny fell to the floor and started playing with him. Together they started building 'Teddy's house', “just like Unca Harr's,” said Teddy.

So Remus and Harry left to go to Godric's Hollow, and Ginny, Tonks and Teddy had a pleasant morning. Dobby provided tea and cake, with some biscuits for Teddy.

Ginny had been so happy to hear Tonks was expecting again, which was the real reason she was so tired. They had a good catch up about the reunion, with Tonks providing more details about some of her schoolmates that weren't there.

They were laughing as the men returned. As Teddy was having a nap, Remus and Tonks were quickly convinced to stay for lunch; reluctant to move him. There was a lot of laughter at the dining table as they all reminisced.

Harry found a chance to kiss Ginny to thank her for the flowers she had lain on his parent's and Sirius's graves. His simple kiss soon ignited into a passionate one, and it was only a gentle cough from Remus, and a smirk from Tonks that made him remember his guests. Flushing, he moved away.

When Teddy awoke, he first wanted to lay close to his mother on her lap. Once he was fully awake, he wanted Uncle Harry. Ginny learned he was Teddy's godfather, and the two were very close. Just watching them together made it easy to see. Ginny could see that Harry would make a good father, a thought that brought flutterings to her heart.

Harry happily watched Ginny interact with Teddy, without any inhibitions. She made silly faces and noises, and didn't yell when he grabbed her hair. Like Harry, Teddy seemed fascinated with Ginny's hair. Harry could see that Ginny would be a wonderful mother. His heart beat faster at the thought.

With hugs and promises to get together again, Remus, Tonks and Teddy departed. Like magnets, Harry and Ginny were drawn to each other. Harry expanded the couch, and in front of the fire, they lay together. Silent at first, with Ginny's head on Harry's shoulder. He ran his fingers through her hair, while she rubbed circles on his chest, sensing his need to talk.

He told her of the travels he and Sirius went on after he had recovered from his injuries from the final battle. While this house was being built, they had travelled through most of Europe, and New Zealand and Australia. They had been joined, for a week or two, by Remus. He and Tonks had joined them in New Zealand, where Sirius and Harry had announced it was their honeymoon, a gift from them both.

For Harry, it was like building his family over again. With Arthur and Molly killed, and Ginny gone, Harry had lost his main connection to the Weasleys. It was only because he wanted news about Ginny that he had agreed to a meeting with Percy.

He had never really gotten close to anyone at Hogwarts, besides Ginny and Neville. With Ginny gone and Neville off studying Herbology, he had turned to his godfather for guidance. Only to Sirius had he confided his feelings for Ginny. They were planning a trip to the US, with the intent of seeing Ginny, when Sirius had been killed.

Ginny and Harry talked about Teddy. Harry shared many of 'baby Teddy' stories, that had Ginny laughing so much. Harry loved to hear her laugh.

Somehow their positions on the couch had changed, and Harry had his head on her shoulder, and she stroked his hair. He closed his eyes, wanting to savour her touch. He moved his hand so it was under her top, needing the skin to skin contact. Watching the flickering flames, Harry fell asleep.

Ginny held him close. She couldn't prevent a tear from falling, as she thought about all the people Harry had lost. This good, decent, noble man deserved the best. She was glad he had Remus, Tonks and Teddy in his life.

Dobby came in, and quietly they made plans for tea. Half an hour later, Harry stirred, mumbling an apology for falling asleep.

“Hush,” said Ginny, as if he were a child. “Lay there and let me hold you,” she said softly.

She began to hum a lullaby her mother had sung to her when she was a little girl. It was comforting to them both. They stayed that way until Dobby announced it was time for tea.

They didn't talk much at tea. Harry seemed lost in his thoughts, although he'd often lean over and squeeze her knee, or take her hand. Their silences were comfortable, as they had always been. At Hogwarts they had often studied together, despite being in different years.

After tea, Harry took her hand and lead her upstairs. With warming charms on, they went out the French doors, on to the balcony. She saw his telescope set up in a corner, and remembered he had always enjoyed his Astronomy lessons.

“Lucky it's a pretty clear night,” he said.

“Can we see the dog star? Sirius? It seems appropriate, doesn't it?” asked Ginny.

Harry kissed her forehead. “Sure.”

He fiddled with the settings, adjusting the telescope. He gestured for her to have a look. She stepped up and gasped.

“Merlin, it's magnificent,” she said.

Harry smiled. “It gets me every time I look into it. Just how immense the sky is. Helps me put my life into perspective, you know?”

Ginny nodded. “I haven't looked at the stars since I left Hogwarts. I'd forgotten how amazing it is.”

She stepped back, and Harry took a turn, focusing on the moon. It glowed as it hung in the night sky.

“Take a look,” he said.

She did, and kept looking and asking questions. Harry adjusted the telescope several times, and Ginny oohed and aahed all the time.

“It's comforting, isn't it? Thinking of him up there, watching over us,” said Ginny, softly.

She didn't need to say his name for Harry to know she meant Sirius.

“Not everybody got him, you know. Some were scared of him, most were wary of him. Not you, though. Sirius liked you. He liked you a lot.”

“He meant a lot to me. I found it really easy to talk to him, Remus too. When Tom came back, I started having nightmares about the Chamber again. They both helped me deal with them,” said Ginny.

“You never told me you had more nightmares back then. I would have helped you,” said Harry.

“Harry, you were dealing with enough stuff of your own. If anything, I wished I could have helped you, been there for you more. You seemed to close off more and more over the next couple of years,” said Ginny, softly.

“When I heard about the prophecy, I didn't want to get too close to anybody. It would have killed me if anything happened to you, just for being my...friend.”

Ginny noticed the hesitation, but didn't comment on it. “I'm sorry I didn't make it back for his funeral. I just...really thought all that shit was over, Death Eaters and killing and that. I-I was a bit of a mess when I heard.”

Harry shook his head. “Don't be sorry, he would have hated it. The Ministry insisted on a huge service, to show all was forgiven for imprisoning him wrongly all those years. Remus and I had our own personal service the day before.”

“But I wanted to be there for you. I know what Sirius meant to you, Harry. I know the respect you have for your parents. Parents you never knew. Sirius was it for you, Harry. To get him back, then lose him again, I just...I felt your pain,” she said, sadly.

Harry drew her close. She had known what Sirius meant to him. He and Sirius had had many talks about his feelings for Ginny, and Sirius was all for Harry and Ginny being together. He knew Sirius would be happy they were together at this time.

He placed his hands on both sides of her face, and kissed her softly. As always, it soon grew passionate. He picked her up and took her back inside.

“There's another heavenly body I need to look at tonight,” he said, placing her on the bed.

He stifled her laughter with his mouth.


Reviews 89
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear