Search:

SIYE Time:22:19 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


For In Dreams
By Senator of Sorcery

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, All, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence/Physical Abuse
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 305
Summary: Harry had never friends, so he imagined one: a red haired girl he kept forgetting to name. Ginny imagined a shy boy with untidy hair and bright eyes, who knew nothing of magic, so she told him. He dreamt of a world of magic and of a girl who wanted to be his friend. She dreamt of a boy who loved to hear her voice, no matter what. Then dreams become a reality when Harry met Ginny.

on indefinite hiatus.
Hitcount: Story Total: 208312; Chapter Total: 3761
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Thirty-Three
Saturday Morning
Ginny


Ginny stepped inside the room and Harry pulled the door closed behind them. She looked around, studying their surroundings. There were two doors off that room, and this appeared to be some kind of sitting room. There were two couches patterned in red and gold paisley, a coffee table, a radio, a fireplace, and for some reason a gramophone sitting on top of a chest of drawers. The bottom half of the walls were painted a deep red and the top half had wallpaper that matched the couches. Their trunks were by the couches, and Hedwig’s cage on the coffee table. There was a fire in the grate, and she saw a glass jar of Floo powder on the mantle.

“We practically have an apartment,” she said.

“We could have private parties,” Harry said.

“Consisting of you, me, Ron and Hermione?” Ginny asked him with a raised eyebrow.

“And Neville. That’s why it’s called a private party.”

Ginny rolled her eyes and started towards the door on the left. She pushed it open and gave a tiny gasp. “We have our own kitchen!” she said.

Harry walked up behind her. “Wow,” he murmured. Granted, it was a small kitchen, but there was a stove and a sink and cupboards and a little knife block on the counter. It was cozy, done in the same style as the sitting room, however with bronze stone tiles rather than wallpaper and white linoleum flooring. There was a kettle on the stove, and when she stepped inside she found that it was already full of water. She opened a cupboard and found boxes of tea and mugs.

“Would you like a cup of tea?” Ginny asked her husband with a grin.

Harry rolled his eyes. “You’re acting like the stereotypical British housewife,” he told her, but he wanted tea. She shrugged and turned on the burner, then sorted through the different teas.

“We’ve got Earl Gray, English and Irish Breakfast tea, Chamomile, Lemon, and Constant Comment.”

“What on earth is Constant Comment?” Harry asked.

She picked up the box. “Orange and spice.”

Harry wrinkled his nose. “Tea isn’t meant to be orange,” he complained.

Ginny set the box back in the cupboard. “There’s also Green tea, Pomegranate Green tea, Sleepytime tea, and Raspberry leaf.”

“A: What is Sleepytime, B: Pomegranate?! C: What’s Raspberry for?”

Ginny read the boxes. “Sleepytime is a blend, it’s got lavender and chamomile and black tea, Pomegranate Green tea sounds good, thank you very much, and apparently —” she raised her eyebrows appreciatively — “Raspberry leaf tea is good for period cramps.”

Harry wished that he hadn’t asked. “I’d like to stick to Earl Gray, thank you very much.”

Ginny shrugged once more and took out the Earl Gray as well as the pomegranate. “Shall we go see the rest of our rooms?”

Harry backed out of the kitchen doorway and she left the kettle to heat. Harry followed her to the other door and she opened it to see a bedroom. The floor was carpeted in a rich shade of cranberry, there was a wardrobe and two sets of dressers, a vanity table with a mirror, another floor length mirror in a corner, a bed with long drapes and a red and gold duvet with two night-tables on each side, a slim chest at the foot of the bed beneath a cushion, and the walls were the same as the sitting room. There was a window on each side of the bed with drawn curtains that matched the drapery. Ginny stepped into the room, then saw another door on the front wall. She opened it to see a rather large bathroom, with white tiles and marble countertops and a separate shower from the long, double-wide bathtub.

She turned back to Harry. He raised his eyebrows at her. She raised hers. He shrugged. She shook her head.

“This is a little more than I was expecting,” she said.

“I wonder if every room is like this.”

“I can’t imagine what it would have cost,” she said, looking back at the bathroom then at the polished furniture that had a deep red hue.

“Well, given magic, I expect most of it was conjured.”

She considered this. “Maybe.” Ginny shrugged once more and exited the bedroom, going to their trunks. Hedwig hooted again, and she paused to open the cage. The owl hopped from it, shook her feathers, then took off and flew into the bedroom. Ginny looked back to see her perching on top of the wardrobe. Harry moved past her and grabbed his trunk; she took her own and they dragged them into the bedroom where they were shoved against a wall to be unpacked later. They got their tea and returned to their new room.

Harry turned to face her, and she tried to think of something to say. He did too, but it seemed neither of them had any brainwaves that could be translated into English at that moment.

So Ginny just opened her trunk and took out her toiletries and pajamas, then went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. A minute later, as she was rinsing, Harry came in with his own things. They had showered that morning, so they simply prepared for bed and pulled back the blankets on the bed. They slipped into the sheets and their brains crashed, then fell asleep.

Sunlight drifted through the windows, falling onto the bed in the way sunlight does purely out of spite. Ginny rolled over in an attempt to shield her eyes from the light and remain asleep. She pulled Harry’s arm over her eyes and settled back to try and return to sleep. She had been having a rather interesting dream.

Harry shifted and his arm fell onto her stomach. Ginny squeezed her eyes shut at the sudden red hue of the inside of her eyelids, then rolled over again to bury her face in Harry’s shirt. But she soon found the warm air irritating and moved again. Ginny let out a sigh and carefully blinked her eyes open to the point where she could see slightly through her eyelashes and the residue of her sleep.

She looked at Harry, then poked his chest. He ignored her. Ginny poked him again, then twice in a row. He continued to ignore it.

“Wake up,” she said.

“No,” he mumbled.

“Wake up,” she insisted.

“No,” Harry moaned, then rolled away. She poked his back. He waved a hand fitfully at her.

“Wake up!” she repeated, now poking him with both index fingers. He turned back and grabbed her hands, then tugged her to his chest. He kissed her, then locked his arms around her, tucking her head under his chin.

“Wake up,” she mumbled into his shirt.

“No,” he mumbled back.

Ginny extracted a hand and poked his side. Harry groaned and finally opened his eyes.

“What?” he said.

“I’m awake,” she said.

“I know that.”

“So you should be awake.”

“I disagree.”

“Get up.”

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I’m sleeping.”

“You’re not asleep now.”

“I would be if you wouldn’t poke me so incessantly.”

“I wouldn’t have to poke you if you just got up.”

Harry huffed, his bangs fluttering away from his face. “I don’t want to get up.”

“But I want to get up.”

“So get up.”

“I want you to get up too.”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“You asked that already.”

“Just get up.”

“What is on spelled backwards?"

“No?”

“Precisely. No.”

Ginny pouted. Then she shifted until her back was to him. “I can’t get up unless you get up.”

“Why not?”

“Because you won’t let go.”

“Because I don’t want to get up.”

“Which is preventing me from getting up.”

“If you get up, that means I have to.”

Ginny looked back at him. “Then get up.”

Harry narrowed his eyes. “I want to keep sleeping.”

“But you’re awake now,” she argued.

“It’s Saturday,” Harry protested.

“It’s the first day back at Hogwarts.”

“Which is a Saturday. We are in private quarters with literally no one on our floor but irritable Head Girl Hollins. No brothers or cousins to come bother us, no chores, no classes until Monday — ”

“Except our extra classes,” Ginny interrupted. “Which are on Saturdays.”

Harry flopped back onto the pillows with a groan. “Can’t we just stay in bed for another seven hours?” he begged.

“No!” Ginny insisted, slipping away from him and getting to her feet. “You had better gotten up by the time I get out of the shower, hear me?”

Harry simply groaned again as she made her way into the bathroom. She found towels stacked on a shelf above the toilet and her things put neatly away. She guessed that the house elves had come by as she turned the water on and set a bath mat down on the floor. After her shower, she brushed her teeth and wrapped herself in a towel as she had once again forgotten to bring clothes in.

“Your turn,” she called to Harry as she moved to her trunk. He sighed, then sat up and stretched. He glanced at her, then quickly away. Ginny squatted down to pull clothes from her trunk as Harry got out of the bed and moved into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. She rubbed away the last of the water, then dressed quickly in school robes. Ginny grabbed her wand from the nightstand and, standing in front of the vanity, dried her hair before she left the bedroom.

She waited in the sitting room for Harry to finish his shower and dress. She found her bag by the couch and took out Lord of the Rings to read as she waited. Harry had gotten ahead of her last time he had read it, but she didn’t mind.

Harry exited the bedroom sometime later, rubbing his hair with a towel.

“Want to go down to breakfast?” he asked.

Ginny set down the book and stood up. “Sure. Come here.” Harry stepped closer, and she raised her wand.

“What?” he said.

“Your hair, come closer.”

“Oh.” Harry stepped in front of her and she waved her wand over his unruly hair, then combed her fingers through it. Harry slipped his arm around her waist, a smile forming on his lips. Ginny, slipping her wand into her robes, pushed her other hand through his hair, gently combing it out. Harry leaned forward and kissed her softly.

“Harry?”

They broke apart quickly, looking around the room. The fireplace had turned green and there was a face resting in it.

“Remus?” Harry said.

“Morning,” their professor said brightly. “How are you?”

“Fine,” Harry said. “What’s up?”

“Just wanted to remind you that we still have training later today. Dumbledore is probably going to call in a minute, though, to give you your schedule for Saturday classes.”

Harry looked slightly put-out. “Oh, right, thanks, Remus.”

“Alright, I’ve got to go now, Sirius is calling me.”

“Have fun with that,” Ginny quipped. Even though the fire was tinted green, they could tell that his cheeks had tinged pink.

“Right,” he said. “Will do. Er, bye.”

His head retreated from the grate. Ginny turned back to Harry, her eyebrows raised.

“Note to self,” he said, “don’t start snogging in front of the fire.”

Ginny laughed and kissed him again. “That just leaves the kitchen.”

“There’s one other room,” he reminded her.

“Which is a bedroom.”

“Fair point.”

“Dumbledore is going to call soon, isn’t he?”

Harry and Ginny both looked to the fireplace. They waited four seconds. Dumbledore’s face appeared in the fire.

“Good morning,” he said.

“Called it,” Ginny said, and tried to leave. Harry grabbed her arm and pulled her back, pinning her to his side.

“Morning, sir,” he replied.

“Did you have a good rest?”

“Yes, sir. This room is quite nice.”

“Very good. I just called to ask you to come to my office around one o’clock.”

Harry nodded. “What time is it now?”

Dumbledore looked away from them, then back. “Quarter to ten.”

Harry turned to face Ginny. “We should have stayed asleep.”

Ginny squirmed out of his grip. “Oh, shut up, Harry.”

“We’ll see you at one,” Harry said. “We’re going to go get breakfast now.”

“Very well, until later.” Dumbledore pulled out of the fire the flames died. Harry looked at his wife, who was standing by the door.

“Should have stayed in bed,” he said again. “It’s not even ten.”

Ginny rolled her eyes and opened the door. Harry followed her from the room, then they paused at the stairs down.

“I’m supposed to go through the girls’ dorm,” she said.

“Right. See you at the bottom then.”

You are so awkward.

Oh shut up.


Harry passed several doors on his way down, most of them closed. When he reached the dorm he’d lived in the past four years, he hesitated. Then, carefully twisting the knob, he opened the door and peered inside. Everyone was asleep, and the bed that had been his was empty. He wondered if he should wake up Ron, but decided against it. He would want his sleep.

He made his way down the rest of the way to the common room, where he found Ginny leaning against the wall between the two sets of stairs.

“You took long enough,” she said cheekily.

“You were there barely ten seconds before I arrived,” Harry defended himself. He took her arm and they began towards the portrait hole and the main castle.

“What do you think Dumbledore will have us do?” Ginny asked as they were exiting Gryffindor tower.

“He mentioned Legilimency and Occlumency, so we’d probably start with that.”

“That’s the mind reading stuff, right?”

“Yeah, Occlumency is where you defend your mind and Legilimency is the attack.”

“Right. What else though?”

“Probably advanced dueling stuff.”

“But aren’t we doing that with Tonks?”

Harry shrugged. “Maybe. I don’t know.” Ginny let out a soft hmm and leaned her head on Harry’s shoulder. Her hand gripped the open front of his robe and her other slipped into his pocket. Are you cold? He asked her.

No.

Are you picking my pocket then?

No, silly. I’m just leaning on you.


Harry rolled his eyes but relented. Ginny pressed closer to his side, her eyes fluttering closed. She began walking with her eyes shut, using his sight to guide her feet. When they reached the Great Hall, she switched to her own eyes and they took seats at the Gryffindor table.

“Morning, Potter.”

Harry looked up and made eye contact with Angelina Johnson who had just sat down. “Morning,” he replied. “What’s up?”

“I’ve been made Captain of the Gryffindor team,” she said.

“That’s excellent!” Harry told her. “When’s first practice?”

“Saturday after next, then the next day we’re holding tryouts for a new Keeper.”

“Cool,” Harry answered.

“I want the whole team there to see how they fit with the Keeper.”

“Alright, I’ll be there. Er, though on Saturdays I have, er, extra lessons with Professor Lupin.”

Angelina blinked at him. “What for? You’re top at Defense.”

“Um, it’s a long story,” Harry replied, ignoring her second comment. “I’ll do my best to be at practices, though.”

“Well, make sure you do. See you, Harry,” she pushed up from the bench and started farther down the table, her braids swinging behind her.

“Maybe I’ll try out for reserve Chaser,” Ginny commented.

“But you don’t have a broom,” he said.

“I’ll just borrow yours.”

“But wouldn’t I be riding it?”

Ginny considered this. “Then I’ll be reserve Seeker. I used to race Charlie back when he was still here, and he said I was quite good. Plus I’ve got your years of learning.”

“Fair point,” he said. “I don’t think we have a reserve Seeker right now.”

Ginny nodded to herself as she served herself a crumpet. “Yes, I’ll replace you on the team.”

“Hey!”

Ginny sniggered and grinned at him. He stuck his tongue out at her, to which she pointedly rolled her eyes and turned away to put jam on her crumpet.

Twenty minutes later when they had finished with their breakfast, the two of them walked back up to Gryffindor tower arm in arm, passing the other students who had only just woken up, which seemed to be rather a lot. By the time they returned to the tower, the common room was empty but for Ron.

“Hi, Ron,” Ginny called as they stepped out of the portrait hole.

“There you are,” Ron said, rising from his chair. “We were wondering where you’d gone last night.”

“We’re up on the top floors,” Harry said. “There’s private quarters up there.”

“Really?” Ron asked. “I know Percy got separate rooms when he was Head Boy, is that where you are?”

“Possibly,” Harry said with a shrug. “The Head Girl is across from us; the floor we’re on and the one above are all rooms meant for married students.”

“Was it already there?” Ron said with a confused expression.

“Yeah, the Head Girl told us they were built with the rest of the castle because there were a lot more married students back then.”

“Cool,” Ron mused.

“Anyway, what are you doing down here instead of in the Great Hall?” Ginny asked her brother. “Aren’t you starving?”

“Nah, I’m waiting for Hermione. She said we should go down together in case McGonagall wanted to talk to us about Prefect duties.”

“Didn’t you guys cover all that yesterday on the train?” Ginny questioned.

“I suppose not,” Ron answered with a shrug of his own. “She should be down soon anyway, we said we’d meet at ten thirty.”

Ginny raised an eyebrow and fought a smirk. “Oh? Well, you two have fun then. We’re going to go unpack.”

“We are?” Harry said.

“Yes, we are,” she replied. “See you, Ron.”

“See you.”

They split apart at the stairs up and traveled up in step, entering their corridor at the exact same moment. Harry opened the door for her and they moved into their new sitting room.

“So what are we unpacking?” Harry asked her.

“Our stuff,” she replied. “We’ve got a wardrobe and dressers now, we might as well use them.”

“Oh, fine then. Lead on, fair lady.”

Ginny rolled her eyes at him

So went the next few hours. Around noon, they finished and left for lunch. They found Ron and Hermione in the Great Hall and told them of their appointment with Dumbledore at one o’clock. Hermione began to speculate about what he might be teaching them while Ron constructed a sandwich out of several ingredients Harry had never thought meant to be paired together. After lunch, they walked up to the fourth floor and knocked upon Dumbledore’s office door.

It’s a Dumble-door, Ginny thought. Harry pressed a hand over his eyes.

I have to spend the rest of my life with this, he thought. Ginny grinned at him, as the Headmaster called for them to enter.

Reviews 305
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear