Search:

SIYE Time:0:31 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Daughters of Heroes
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 128
Summary: Upon their return to England, Harry's daughter meets Ginny's daughter, and they become best friends. Can two plus two make a family?
Hitcount: Story Total: 71682; Chapter Total: 5329
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
...and we're done. What a great ride!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry puffed as he jogged up the hill. One more corner, and his home would be in sight. Brushing the sweat off his forehead, he pushed through the pain.

“Come on, Dobby, nearly home,” he puffed, to the dog that accompanied him. He adjusted his hold on the bag he had with him, and tried to keep his rhythm.

They turned the corner, and Harry looked up to see their house. A light was on at the front porch for him, and he could see the light from his and Ginny's bedroom also was on. His home was waiting for him to return. He picked up the pace.

Harry and Ginny had married in a small, simple ceremony at the Burrow two weeks after Ginny and Lily's birthday. All the Weasleys had attended, as well as Andromeda and Teddy, who had been Harry's best man.

Luna had returned, and several members of the Auror department had attended too. Kingsley had been delighted to marry them. Lily and Ali had been bridesmaids.

Harry had taken Ginny to Paris for a weekend honeymoon. On their return, they had all moved into Ginny and Ali's cottage. Because her training was now full on, Ginny left it to Harry and the girls to find them a new home.

They had been trying to find a home in the same area, around Ottery St Catchpole, but they were all too small. Between work, watching Ginny's matches, and searching for a home, Harry's days were busy.

They had all gone to Godric's Hollow for the anniversary of James and Lily Potter's passing. It was a nice little town, and they had wandered around. It had been Ali who spotted the 'For Sale' sign on the house up the hill. They had all fallen in love with it at the first viewing. A month later, they moved in.

Although they were still unpacking boxes, they had spent a happy Christmas in their new house. The girls had found a little puppy digging around in Ali's newly planted veggie patch in the back yard, and brought him inside, and given him a bath. He was so excitable, especially around Harry. He told them he reminded him of a little house elf he knew, called Dobby. When no-one came forward to claim the puppy, Dobby became the newest member of the Potter family.

The Holyhead Harpies were enjoying another successful season. Lily and Ali found themselves as the unofficial mascots of the team, and were often in the change rooms before and after the matches.

In March, the Harpies won the Championship, defeating Ballycastle, 200-160. Ginny was voted Player of the Match. All the family had been there to watch, including Andromeda and Teddy. They left Ginny and Harry to celebrate with the team, while they all went home to the Burrow, to celebrate there.

In all the excitement of the celebrations, the contraception spell was not cast that night. In May, on the anniversary of the Final Battle, a day Harry had been dreading for all the memories it dredged up, Ginny told him she was pregnant. She had suspected she was when she couldn't stand the smell from Harry's coffee machine. Their baby was due in December.

Harry had been stunned, then ecstatic. He and Ginny had discussed having more children, but were thinking in another year or so. However, Ginny was happy as him. She promptly announced her retirement from Quidditch, and concentrated on making their happy little house a home.

The press went crazy, learning that Harry Potter was back in town, and with a daughter. Even more so, when they found out he was engaged to Ginny Weasley, Quidditch star, and a hero from the Battle of Hogwarts.

Remembering what had happened to the girls in Diagon Alley with Rita Skeeter, Harry gave an interview with a respected journalist from the Daily Prophet. He skimmed over the details of his childhood and defeat of Voldemort, instead focusing on his desire to live a quiet life with his new family, and to continue to serve and protect in his chosen career as an Auror.

He made it quite clear he was not going to tolerate any intrusions into his private life, although he did release a wedding photo of him and Ginny. He praised the DMLE and his department, insisting he be treated as just another one of the team. Any undue publicity would stop him from doing his job properly.

The interview seemed to do the trick. Rita Skeeter still published things about him and Ginny regularly, but always in a way that they couldn't actually accuse her of slander. Harry let her know he wouldn't hesitate to prosecute if she printed anything defamatory to his family, and he would also get a court order so she couldn't approach any of them.

The people of Godric's Hollow supported and welcomed the new family. It was a tight knit community, and they looked out for each other. By virtue of being born there, Harry was considered one of them. Harry knew his parents would be thrilled that he was living there with his own family. He and Ginny loved the small town, as did the girls.

Harry jogged up the path, and instead of going in the front door, jogged around the back. He filled Dobby's bowl with water, and did some stretching exercises while he cooled down. Dobby gulped down the water, then gave a little bark. Harry poured some dry food into another bowl, patting the dog on the head.

“Good run tonight. Now, time for bed, boy,” said Harry, letting the dog in the laundry. It was something he did every night, unless he was on the night shift. Dobby would lay down in the laundry, then, when everyone was settled for the night, he would creep up to the girl's rooms, and sleep on the floor. One night in Ali's room, the next in Lily's. Harry wondered what he would do tomorrow night.

Harry grabbed a drink, wiping the sweat off his brow. He decided he better get upstairs soon, and he wanted to see the girls before they went to bed.

He climbed the stairs, and peeked in Lily's room. It was empty. Harry wondered if she was in Ali's room, but that too was empty. Hearing feminine laughter coming from his own room, he made his way there.

He stopped in the hall, listening to his ladies talking.

“All done. What do you think, Mum?” asked Ali.

“Hmm, Holyhead green, I like it. At least I can still see my toes for now. Another couple of months, and I won't. Ooh, that tickles when you blow on my toes, love,” giggled Ginny.

“Mum, do you think we'll be sorted into Gryffindor?” asked Lily, seriously.

Ali and Lily usually called Harry and Ginny, Mum and Dad, when they were home together. It didn't bother Harry and Ginny at all, they just wanted the girls to be comfortable.

“You girls know, as your Dad and I have told you many times, it doesn't matter to us. All the houses are as good as each other. Whatever house you end up in, it will be lucky to have you.”

“I just hope we're sorted into the same house,” said Ali. “Ooh, did you feel that kick?”

“I sure did. Where's your Dad? He's been gone a while,” said Ginny worriedly.

“Right here, love,” said Harry, coming into the bedroom.

Just as he thought, Ginny was laying in bed, with Lily and Ali laying on either side of her, their heads on her shoulder. Ali had just finished painting Ginny's toe nails.

“Good, you're home,” sighed Ginny, in relief. Her eyes were on the bag he was holding.

“Mr Roper at the store said that's his last tub till Thursday. Unless you want another flavour?” asked Harry, handing over the bag.

Ginny pulled out the tub and spoon, and took the lid off. “Nope, he wants coffee flavoured ice-cream. Mmmm,” she sighed, taking a spoonful.

Harry and Ginny found out they were having a boy. They decided to call him James Sirius.

“Woo, he likes that. He's moving around lots,” said Lily, placing her hand on Ginny's belly.

“He's gonna be a Chaser like his Mum,” said Harry, sitting on the end of the bed. “So, are you girls all packed? It's nearly time for bed.”

“Just got a few more things to add, Dad,” said Lily.

“Don't forget to pack those extra stockings and gloves we got today. The castle can get quite cold. Oh, and the owl treats are in the bag, too,” said Ginny, putting down her empty tub.

“Already packed, Mum,” said Ali. “I cleaned Hedwig's cage too. It's a big day for her tomorrow, too.”

“I can't believe we're going to Hogwarts tomorrow. I'm so excited,” gushed Lily.

“Well, be sure to send Hedwig home with a letter telling us what house you're both in as soon as you can,” reminded Harry.

“Lil, try and find the time to send a letter to your Mum, too. Since she read 'Hogwarts, a History', she'll be waiting for your letters. She'll probably ask you loads of questions,” laughed Ginny.

Harry and Ginny had encouraged a relationship with Hermione, and Lily now wrote to her frequently. They were all planning a trip to Australia in the next summer holidays.

“The house is going to be so quiet with you girls gone,” said Ginny sadly.

Lily and Ali snuggled closer to Ginny. They both rubbed her belly, feeling their little brother moving around.

“Promise you'll wait till we get home for the Christmas holidays till you have the baby,” said Ali.

Ginny laughed. “I'm sorry, love, I can't promise that. Babies have a habit of coming when they're ready. I'll try, though. I do want my girls there with me.”

Lily lay her head near Ginny's belly. “Listen here, James. It's your big sister talking. Please don't come till Ali and me are home for Christmas.”

She planted a kiss on Ginny's belly.

“Come on, girls, off to bed. Dobby is probably already waiting for one of you in your rooms,” said Harry, smiling.

The girls kissed Ginny on the cheek. “Night, Mum,” they said.

They got off the bed, and hugged Harry. “Night, Dad,” they said.

“Night, girls,” said Harry.

He crawled on the bed, up to Ginny, and lay with his head on her shoulder where Lily had just lay. He placed his hands on her belly, feeling his son move under his hand.

“Good run?” she asked.

“Mmm, went an extra kilometre tonight. Poor Dobby, I thought I was going to have to carry him home. He made it, though. I think the stop at the store for your ice-cream helped,” chuckled Harry.

“Thank you, love. You're always looking after me,” said Ginny, kissing his forehead. “Ah, Harry, maybe you should have a shower,” she suggested, wrinkling her nose.

“I might need someone to scrub my back,” said Harry, moving his hand up from her belly to her breasts.

“I think I may be able to help with that,” said Ginny, cheekily. “That coffee ice-cream has just kicked in.”

Harry helped her up, and together they went into the bathroom. Harry gently washed her body, and she did the same to him.

Although he would miss his girls when they left tomorrow, Harry thought it would be nice to have a bit of time alone with Ginny, before the baby came.

The next morning, determined to be more organised than her own mother, Ginny and Harry made it to Kings Cross station by ten forty-five. They got Hedwig loaded on the train, then greeted Teddy and Andromeda, who had just arrived.

Lily and Ali saw some of their friends from their school, so they greeted them. Before they knew it, the warning bell rang. Lily and Ali hurried back to give yet another hug to Harry and Ginny, before boarding the train themselves. Harry and Ginny waved goodbye until the train was out of sight.

Harry took Ginny out for lunch, then they went home and made love all afternoon. They tried not to mention the girls, but they were constantly in their thoughts.

That night, as they lay in bed, this time with Ginny's head on Harry's shoulder, Hedwig flew in with a letter. Both girls were sorted into Gryffindor. They had made a couple of friends on the train, and were getting their schedules tomorrow. Ali was hoping for Herbology, while Lily was hoping for Charms.

“They sound happy,” sighed Ginny.

“I'm glad they're together,” said Harry, running his hands through her hair.

“I love you,” murmured Ginny.

“Love you,” said Harry, tilting her chin up to kiss her lips lightly.

A howling from the hall stopped them from progressing any further. Harry helped Ginny off the bed, and they went to see what was wrong with Dobby.

He looked forlornly at them, sitting in the hall between Ali and Lily's bedrooms. He seemed confused, as to why his little mistresses weren't in their beds.

“Sorry boy, the girls won't be home for a long time,” said Harry, patting his head.

“Come and see what the girls and I did in the nursery,” said Ginny, grabbing Harry's hand and pulling him in.

When Dobby woofed, Ginny turned back to him. “Yes, you can come too,” she said.

Opening the door, Harry could see the wall was painted a pale blue. Little Snitches and broomsticks adorned the wall. Quidditch hoops were at either end of the wall. With a wave of her wand, the Snitches fluttered around, while the broomsticks chased after them. Bludgers chased the broomsticks while the Quaffles were trying to get through the hoops.

“Ron came over and painted it. And look, Lavender sewed the sweetest little cover for the bassinet. It's got Snitches on it, too,” said Ginny, holding it up.

“It's perfect,” chuckled Harry, watching the wall. “James will never want to go to sleep. He'll probably want to stay awake to watch all the action.”

“Oh, it slows down, and eventually stops. Hopefully, as he drifts off to sleep. Or we can just freeze them,” said Ginny, waving her wand again. The figures froze.

“Looks like someone has found a new place to sleep,” murmured Harry, as Dobby settled under the bassinet.

“I think Dobby is going to grow up to be very protective,” said Ginny.

Dobby opened an eye as he heard his name. When he was satisfied that all was well, he went back to sleep.

“Come on, Mrs Potter, back to bed for you,” said Harry. He put an arm around her and led her back to their bedroom, leaving the nursery door ajar for Dobby.

“I miss the girls, but this is nice. Just you and me, for the next couple of months,” said Harry, sliding into bed and gathering her in his arms.

His son pressed against his mother's skin, allowing Harry to feel him kick. “He's active tonight.”

“It's the coffee ice-cream,” chuckled Ginny, settling herself in Harry's arms. “Are you sure you're going to be able to take a whole month off when he's born?” she asked.

“Yes, unless there's something major going on, then all leave will be cancelled. You know I've been accruing days off, and apart from a couple of days off when we moved in here, yesterday was the first day off I've had since, hmm, since March, when you won the Championship,” said Harry, thinking hard.

“And that's when this little one was conceived,” said Ginny, laying her hand over his as he rubbed her belly.

“If this little one doesn't like Quidditch, well, my name isn't Harry Potter,” grinned Harry.

“I thought it was James Evans,” teased Ginny.

“Hey, I can be James Evans if you want him for the night,” said Harry, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

“Nah, I'd feel like I was cheating on you, or something. With you,” chuckled Ginny. Leaning over she kissed Harry gently, who took her into his arms and kissed her passionately.

A whine from the door to their bedroom stopped them again. Dobby sat there, looking lost. He cocked his head, as if to say, “Well?”

“Come on, boy. You can sleep in here tonight,” said Ginny, beckoning him over.

He trotted over to her side, and gratefully licked her fingers. He settled down, watching his master and mistress in bed.

“My brothers are coming over on the weekend. We'll finally have our own Quidditch pitch,” sighed Ginny, in satisfaction.

“Is it safe for you to fly this late in your pregnancy?” asked Harry, worriedly, running his fingers through her hair.

“Harry, I wouldn't do anything to jeopardise the baby, but I do intend to stay as active as I can,” said Ginny.

“I know. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you or the baby, that's all,” sighed Harry, kissing her forehead.

Ginny kissed the skin over his heart. Harry rarely let his past get to him, but every now and then, he would say something that would remind Ginny that his past was still weighing heavily on him.

“How about, I'll only fly when we're together,” suggested Ginny. She knew he needed this reassurance.

“Really? You'd do that?” asked Harry, pulling back to look at her face to face.

“Of course. I love flying with you. I can't wait to see you take our son flying with you for the first time,” said Ginny.

“I can buy him a toy broomstick. Sirius got me mine, for my first birthday,” said Harry, happily.

“Did you get one for Lily?” asked Ginny, drawing circles on his chest.

“Yeah, she loved it. Took to it straight away. My son will be the same,” boasted Harry.

“Our son,” corrected Ginny. “I'm bringing some Quidditch genes to this party too, you, know.”

“I hope the girls will be here when he's born,” said Harry.

“I'd like them in the delivery room, if they're comfortable with it,” said Ginny. “I want our son to come into this world with the people who love him the most waiting to welcome him.”

“You've made me so happy, Gin. I-I can't tell you what it means to me, to finally have the family, and the home, I've always dreamed about. This little one only makes it better,” said Harry, huskily, laying a hand on her belly again.

“For me, too, Harry. With you, I feel whole. I love being pregnant. I can't wait to have another one,” said Ginny, tearfully.

“Let's get this one here, and then we can talk about another one,” chuckled Harry.

Ginny yawned. “Sleep, baby. You and James need your rest,” said Harry, softly.

Ginny pressed a kiss to his shoulder, and promptly fell asleep. Harry took the time to appreciate how good his life was right now.

“I'm the luckiest bloke alive,” he murmured, softly.

“Woof,” barked Dobby, softly, as if in agreement.

Smiling in the dark, Harry cuddled his wife close. His son kicked against him.

All was well.
Reviews 128
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear