Search:

SIYE Time:16:06 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Daughters of Heroes
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 128
Summary: Upon their return to England, Harry's daughter meets Ginny's daughter, and they become best friends. Can two plus two make a family?
Hitcount: Story Total: 71849; Chapter Total: 5526
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Saturday June 7

Lily yawned as she made her bed. She'd slept soundly and awoken midday. Her dad had already been up and was putting away their belongings in their little cottage. Lily had just finished putting her clothes away. She wandered back to the kitchen to find her dad.

“So, what do you think of the house. I like it, it's cosy. Just big enough for the two of us, don't you think?” asked Harry.

Lily nodded. “What needs to be done next, Dad?” she asked, looking around.

“Nothing much. I did most of it while you were snoring your head off,” teased Harry.

“I don't snore,” protested Lily, knowing her dad was teasing.

“Much!” said Harry, laughing. “Anyway, how would you like to go to Diagon Alley? It's where most witches and wizards do a lot of shopping. It's also where you'll get your school supplies when you go to Hogwarts. We can just wander, and window shop, maybe pick up something for tea. We should look for an owl, too. What do you say?” asked Harry.

“Sounds good. I'll just go get dressed,” she said, leaving her dad in the kitchen and returning to her bedroom.

She dressed casually in jeans and a T-shirt. She brushed her hair quickly, not bothering with it too much. She hurried out, excited to start exploring her new home.

Ten minutes later, they had arrived in Diagon Alley. At the last minute, Harry decided to cast a glamour on his hair, changing it from black to sandy brown. Lily had begged him not to change his eye colour, and he had agreed. They shared the same eyes, handed down from his mother to him, to his daughter. In fact, she was all Potter, with not many of her own mother's traits, a fact that rankled Lily's mother.

Harry explained tapping on the wall to get into the Alley. Then they started walking, stopping to stare in several windows. They took their time in Eeylops Owl Emporium, but didn't see an owl they liked. The owner told them he was expecting a new delivery in an hour, and they said they would return.

Harry had to go to Gringotts Wizarding Bank, so they decided to go there next. Lily sat outside while he had a quick meeting, then they both got into a cart and descended below to the family vault. Harry quickly went inside and filled a bag, then came back out. The cart then took them back to street level.

They wandered through the Magical Menagerie store, and Harry pointed out Ollivanders as the place to buy her wand when she was eleven.

“But I'm not even ten, yet. That's a whole 'nother year,” groaned Lily.

“You're still growing up too quickly,” grumbled Harry, with a smile.

They picked up some parchment and quills in the stationery store, and browsed through the books in Flourish and Blott's.

“Can I get a diary, Dad?” asked Lily.

Harry froze, thinking of the Horcrux diary. A schoolgirl at Hogwarts had been writing in it, and Tom Riddle had replied. She had fought his possession all year, until he lured her down into the Chamber of Secrets. Another student had gone down and rescued her, and they had both nearly died. It had been their first clue as to Voldemort's Horcruxes.

“Never mind,” said Lily, putting it back. “It's not like I have anything to write about, anyway.”

“How about an ice-cream? Florean Fortescue does the best ice-cream around. Come on Lil-er, Rose. Strawberry and chocolate?” asked Harry.

Lily laughed. “Sure, thanks Dad. I'll just wait here, okay? Then can we go to the Quidditch shop, please?”

“Anything for my girl,” said Harry, kissing the top of her head. “I'll be right back,” he said, heading toward the shop.

Lily watched him go, and place their order. He was talking with a man who was waiting in the queue. Lily's gaze wandered around. She quite liked Diagon Alley, and would like the chance to come back and explore the shops further.

She stopped looking as her gaze fell upon the most colourful shop she had ever seen. There were children going in and out all the time, some with parents, some without. She saw a girl, about the same age as her, call out, “I'll wait outside, Mum,” and come out the door, and stand by the window.

This girl looked around, and she made eye contact with Lily. She gave her a small, shy smile. Lily smiled back at her.

“Here we go, sweety. Strawberry Swirl and Chocolate Chip. Your favourite,” said Harry, handing the ice cream over.

“Thanks, Dad,” said Lily, taking a lick.

She looked over at the girl again, who was watching Lily and her dad. She smiled at Lily again.

“Come on, let's go to the Quidditch shop, then go back and see about an owl,” said Harry, taking her arm.

“Okay,“ said Lily. She looked back at the girl, who looked sad to see her go. Lily gave her a small wave, and she waved back.

Harry and Lily set off down the Alley.

“Who are you waving to, Ali?” asked her mum, coming out of the colourful shop.

“Just this girl. She was getting an ice-cream with her dad. She smiled at me so I smiled back. When she left, she waved to me. I wish I knew who she was, Mum,” said Ali.

“You might see her again, although we don't come to the Alley much. Now, what do you say we go home and bake a cake? Andi and Teddy are coming over for tea tonight. What's Teddy's favourite?” asked her mum.

“Chocolate,” said Ali. “Can we make some home-made bread too? I helped Nana Molly last time, and I want to try it again!”

“Sure, love. Let's go to the grocery store now, then go home. Your Uncle George said to say goodbye. Freddie said to say sorry he pranked you,” said Ali's mum.

They started walking down Diagon Alley, preparing to floo home.

“Hmm, I'm not sure he is sorry, really. I'm going to think of a really good prank to get him back. Then maybe he'll never prank me again,” said Ali.

Her mum laughed. “I don't think so, sweety. Your uncle George has been pranking me since we were kids, and he still keeps trying. Freddie is just like his dad.”

“I'm gonna ask Teddy to help me. I wish I had a brother or a sister to help me,” sighed Ali.

“Don't suppose you want to go into the Quidditch shop?” asked her mum, as they bypassed the shop.

Ali laughed. “You would be surrounded in minutes. Ginny Weasley, the famous Holyhead Harpy chaser shopping in Quality Quidditch Supplies? We'd never get home in time to bake a cake. You'll be signing autographs for an hour.”

“You're right. When did you get so smart?” teased her mum, linking her arms through her daughter's, as they kept moving on.

“Hmm, must have got it from my dad's side,” teased Ali. “Oh look, they've got some new owls in. Look at that one, Mum. She's beautiful, all white and everything,” mused Ali.

“She is pretty, but we don't need an owl. We still have Hermes. When you go to Hogwarts, you can get an owl,” said her mum.

“But that's ages away. I'm not even ten, yet. That's a whole another year,” sighed Ali.

“Good. My girl is growing up much too quickly,” said her mum, giving her a quick hug, before she lead her through the Leaky Cauldron.

Ali and her mum flooed home.

Lily and Harry were wandering around Quality Quidditch Supplies, when they heard someone say, “I swear that was Ginny Weasley outside. I thought she was going to come in here for a minute, but she continued walking. Imagine that. Ginny Weasley in here. I would have asked for her autograph for sure.”

There was that Weasley name again, thought Harry. It still niggled his mind.

Lily continued looking at the uniforms of the various teams. “I don't know which team I like. I like Pride of Portree colours, as well as the Holyhead Harpies colours. Puddlemere United and the Montrose Magpies are the in-form teams from last season, though.”

“I like the Ballycastle Bats colours,” said Harry.

Lily looked at him with pity. “Dad, their mascot is Barny the Fruitbat.”

“Oh. What was I thinking?” gasped Harry in mock horror.

Lily elbowed him. “We'll just have to go to some games and see who we like.”

Harry nodded in agreement. “Okay. Now, are you ready to go and look for an owl?”

Lily nodded. “I hope we find one. I found the perfect name in one of my books.”

They left the Quidditch shop and went across the Alley back to the Owl Emporium. They didn't even go inside when Lily cried out. “Dad, look,” and pointed.

In the window was a small, white snowy owl. She seemed to watch as Harry and Lily entered the store and came over to her. She bowed her head to allow Lily to stroke her head.

“Dad, she's beautiful. Can we get her?” asked Lily, excitedly.

Harry smiled, and leaned over to stroke the owl himself. It hooted softly. “She's lovely. Why don't you go and pick out a cage, and I'll go and pay.”

Ten minutes later they left the store. Armed with their new owl in her new cage, and loaded up with owl food and owl treats, they prepared to go home.

“I wish we knew someone to send an owl to,” sighed Lily, as she let the owl out of her cage.

“What are you going to call her?” asked Harry.

“Hedwig,” said Lily, promptly. “I found the name in one of your old text books in your trunk, and thought it would make a good name for an owl.”

“Good one,” said Harry. “Now, what are we going to do about tea? Shall we invite Andromeda and Teddy over?”

They decided to fire-call, but there was no answer. Harry and Lily had an easy tea of soup and thick crusty bread before having an early night.

They got up the next day, and decided to go for a walk, and explore the village close by. Hedwig went hunting. It was easy to keep an eye on her, her brilliant white plumage stood out against the clear blue sky.

They were tired when they got to the village, and decided to have sandwiches and cold drinks at a little bakery. They sat outside, enjoying the sunshine. Hedwig sat on Lily's shoulder, and she fed her some bread crust. She then took off.

“Shall we follow Hedwig, or shall we head back?” asked Harry. He was enjoying the walk, but knew what his daughter was like if she got tired, and she was now too big for him to carry. He supposed he could use Wingardium Leviosa if he had to.

“Let's keep going,” exclaimed Lily.

It was such a lovely day, too nice to be shut up inside. They wandered for a bit; Harry telling Lily his memories of his life in England.

They had just come to the top of a hill, when Lily stopped. “Dad, look,” she said, pointing.

Harry could see Quidditch hoops in the distance. “Is it a pitch?” asked Lily.

“I'm not sure,” said Harry.

They wandered closer, and when they were about half a kilometre away, Harry could feel the magic around him.

“Dad? Can you feel it?” asked Lily, shakily.

Harry put his arm over her shoulders. “It's okay, love. I think this is a private property, and they've put up magical wards. It keeps anyone from just wandering in, like we were about to do.”

“Why would they put up wards? Do you think it might be somebody famous?” asked Lily, excitedly.

“Maybe,” agreed Harry. Secretly he wondered if it had anything to do with the Death Eaters that had been rumoured to have returned to England. He decided to strengthen his wards when he got home. He had been impressed by what he could feel. The wards had been professionally cast.

“Maybe it's one of the Weird Sisters who live there? Imagine that? Or a famous Quidditch player, which is why they have a pitch. Oh, I wish we knew someone to ask,” groaned Lily.

“We can ask Andromeda and Teddy,” reminded Harry.

“Maybe I can help,” said a musical voice.

Harry and Lily spun around. They saw a woman, a similar age to Harry. She had long blonde hair, and she wore a flowing skirt. Around her neck was a necklace made of butterbeer corks.

“Did you see the beautiful owl that was flying around here? She was so pretty, I just started to follow her,” said the lady, dreamily.

“That's our owl,” said Lily, not knowing what to make of this strange woman. “Do you know who lives over there?” she asked.

“Yes, they're my friends. They've lived there a long time.”

“Why do they have wards up?” asked Lily.

“Rose,” warned Harry.

The woman looked between Lily and Harry, without saying anything. “Many reasons, actually,” she finally said.

Lily looked curious. “Do you live around here?”

The woman nodded. “I live just over the hill. I saw you cut across our creek. Lucky for you, we don't have wards up,” she laughed.

“Do you have any children?” asked Lily.

“Rose!” cried Harry.

The woman laughed again. “No, I don't. I expect I will one day. Still, you never know what's going to happen, do you? Oh, here comes your owl, and it looks like she's had a good hunt. I bet she's been at the Weasley's pond.”

Hedwig landed nearby, and offered her new owners first bite of the frog she'd captured. “Thanks Hedwig, it's all yours,” said Lily, grimacing.

“Hedwig. That's a good name for an owl,” said the woman.

“Thanks, I found it in a book of my dad's. What's your name?” asked Lily.

“My name is Luna. Luna Lovegood.”





Reviews 128
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear