Search:

SIYE Time:9:39 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Daughters of Heroes
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 128
Summary: Upon their return to England, Harry's daughter meets Ginny's daughter, and they become best friends. Can two plus two make a family?
Hitcount: Story Total: 71854; Chapter Total: 5502
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
I hope it doesn't get too confusing when people talk to or about Harry and Lily, they will, of course, call them James and Rose.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Monday morning came too quickly. Lily had decided to go to the school for the last couple of weeks of term, so Harry dropped her to Andromeda's early, and she would go with Teddy. Harry hugged her goodbye, and left to go to the Ministry.

He went straight to the Auror's office. The head of the DMLE was Gawain Robards, and he greeted Harry as James. He told 'James' he had a meeting with Kingsley after lunch, but for now to come and meet the team.

There were so many names to remember, and Harry knew it would take awhile. He made himself a cup of tea, and listened as Gawain updated them all on several cases. Then he addressed James.

“For the next few days, you'll be partnered with Bones. Her partner's out injured. Your partner is having some personal time off, but he'll be back soon. Anyway, Bones can show you around. There's a couple of case files on your desk for you to look through, but there's nothing urgent.”

With that, he left to go into his office. Susan Bones wandered over.

“Well, hello. Lucky for me my partner's injured and yours is off,” she flirted, eyeing him up and down.

“Hello. So what happened to your partner?” asked Harry, following her out of the break room and down a hall.

“Spell damage. Nothing too bad, thank Merlin. Scotty should be back next week. This here is your office. You'll share it with your partner. I'm just next door should you need me for...anything,” she said, with a wink.

Harry felt uncomfortable. Susan was coming on way too strong for him, and he really didn't like mixing business with pleasure. However, he tried to keep things pleasant. Maybe he was reading her all wrong. He didn't want to get off to a bad start.

Susan was quite attractive, and in any other case, Harry may have been interested. It had been a while since he'd been on a date, or had a relationship; instead he devoted his spare time to his daughter.

“This here is our training room. You can train here any time before or after work. We usually have specialised training programs here at least twice a week. They're mandatory, depending on what shift you're on. This week it's Search and Rescue techniques. We do have a specialised team for that sort of thing, but we have to be up to date on the basics.”

“Sounds good,” said Harry.

Susan lead him through the training room, throwing off some verbal taunts from other Aurors. Harry followed, not liking the knowing looks he was getting from the other guys.

“Here we have the showers and lockers. You know, for when you get all hot and sweaty. It's nice to cool down with a shower. Let me know if you want your back scrubbed. Or anything else,” she added.

Susan seemed amused at Harry's discomfort. “So, you're from Australia. Gidday mate, and all that!” she said, cheekily.

“Actually, I'm English. I moved there when I was a teenager,” corrected Harry.

“Oh. I didn't think that was an Aussie accent, but it certainly doesn't sound British,” she said.

“I probably neutralised both of them. I don't think I sound any different, but there you go,” said Harry, looking around.

“This here is our Operations Room. If something big is going down, we all meet in here. There's an automatic Silencing charm on all the DMLE rooms. Our Monday morning briefs are usually held there, too. I think Robards just caught us all in the break room, and seeing there wasn't much going on, he decided to do it there.”

“This is our Infirmary. This is for the basics; if you're hurt badly, you go to St Mungo's. We have a healer here, twenty-four seven.”

Harry nodded, as they made their way back to their offices. “Okay, well, I'll let you get settled in your office and read those case files. If you have any questions, just come next door. We're the second team on call today. If anything comes up, I'll come and get you. Want to meet for lunch? I'll take you to the cafeteria, introduce you properly to some of the guys,” she offered.

“Sure, thanks, I'd like that,” said Harry, taking a seat at his desk. He wished he could bring a photo of Lily to put on his desk, but he had decided the less people who knew about her, the better.

“Great, I'll see you about twelve. We're on today till four, then we brief the next shift if anything has come up that they need to know.”

Harry nodded. It all sounded pretty much the same as the DMLE he had worked at in Sydney. He picked up the first folder and started to read. Amused, Susan left him to it.

Harry hoped Lily was having a good first day.


HGHGHG

Lily was indeed having a good first day. She had a new school bag, and her dad had made her favourite sandwich for lunch. Despite being nervous, she was glad to have Teddy to go with. He was one of the older kids, as he was ten. He and his friends would spend the next school year preparing for Hogwarts.

Teddy had told her about some of his friends. They arrived by floo from Andromeda's, and Teddy introduced her to the teacher while he went and saw his friends.

Five minutes later, a bell rang out. The children came and sat at their seats. Miss Audrey, the teacher, had kept Lily standing at the front.

“Children, we have a new student starting today. She has just arrived from Australia, having flown for nearly a day,” said Miss Audrey.

“Like an owl?” asked six-year-old Lucas.

“Bet your arms are tired,” joked Benjy, a friend of Teddy's.

“She flew in a Muggle aeroplane,” said the teacher. “Her name is Rose and she is nine years old. Everyone, I hope you'll make her feel welcome. Rose, you can go and have a seat over there,” said Miss Audrey pointing.

Lily made her way to her appointed seat. It was a table for two, but she was by herself. She sat down, and awaited further instruction. The teacher began to do roll call.

Just then the door burst open. “Oh, I'm so sorry to be late. Mum burnt the breakfast again. You know what she's like, Auntie Audrey. Oops, I mean, Miss Audrey,” said the girl.

Miss Audrey's eyes twinkled. “That's okay, Ali. Why don't you go to your seat? You finally have a desk mate. I'm hoping you can show her around. Her name is Rose.”

Ali nodded, and made her way to her desk. She stopped at the sight of Lily. “It's you,” she said, smiling broadly.

“Hello,” said Lily.

“Ahem,” said Miss Audrey, giving them a look.

“Sorry,” said Ali, slipping into her seat.

Miss Audrey gave a slight nod. “Okay. For my older students, I'd like you to take out your Astronomy books, and copy the passage on page twenty-five in your neatest writing. Rose, you can share Ali's book for now.”

She then turned to the younger students, and gave them some work to do, too. Ali and Lily took advantage of her attention being elsewhere.

“I can't believe you're here,” whispered Ali, getting out her book.

“I know,” said Lily, smiling at her.

Miss Audrey turned back to them, and Ali made a big production out of showing Lily the right page and where to start writing.

“She's got her eyes on us. We'll talk at lunch,” whispered Ali.

“Okay,” whispered Lily, back.

“Girls,” admonished Miss Audrey.

The girls looked at each and smiled. They started writing, wishing it was lunch time already. Somehow, they both knew this was the start of a beautiful friendship.


HGHGHG

“Evans, we got the call. Break in at Weasley Wizarding Wheezes, Diagon Alley. Teams one and two have been called, with three on standby. Let's go,” called Susan, knocking on his door and entering in one go.

“Right,” said Harry, checking he had his wand. “Isn't that a joke shop?” he asked.

“For the most part, it is. But they do have a lab out the back where they make all their gadgets and stuff. They've also made a lot of top products that we use as well. They get paid handsomely by the Ministry. Some of their stuff was used in the big battle, you know,” said Susan, heading for the Apparition point near their office.

“Really?” asked Harry.

“Yep. Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, for one. Damn handy stuff. Now, when we get there, we'll meet up with team one. It's their call. Word is that George is working on something top secret for the Ministry. Ten galleons says that's what the intruders are after,” said Susan.

She Apparated to Diagon Alley, with Harry right behind her. They met up with Wright and Murray, the Aurors on team one. The break-in alarm had gone off from the back., where the Weasleys have a secure laboratory.

“Everyone been evacuated from the store?” asked Harry.

Andrew Wright nodded. “Yeah, but the owner is just across the Alley. Says he's staying close by. Right, we're going in. You cover us, then wait for our signal. Once you get it, follow us in. In three, two, one, let's go.”

The two teams moved stealthily inside. Harry wished he had time to have a good look around, as it was so colourful, with so much to see. They moved quickly to the back. Susan and Harry stood on either side of the door, while Wright and Murray went in.

They waited for the signal, and went inside. Again, Harry wanted to have a good look around but didn't have time. They all moved further inwards. From the corner of his eye, he saw someone get up and try and make a run for the entrance they had just come through.

“Impedimenta,” called Harry.

The wizard deflected it, and threw a curse back at Harry. He quickly activated a shield.

“Protego,” he yelled.

The unknown wizard sent a Blasting curse back, sending boxes of equipment all over the floor.
Susan tried to use a Body-Binding curse, but it missed. Wright and Murray were trying to move around to surround him, but he sent a Stunning spell on both of them, before turning back to Susan.

“Crucio,” he called.

Harry dived in front of Susan, knocking her to the floor and landing on top of her.

“Ooh,” she said, in surprise.

“You all right?” asked Harry. Susan nodded.

Harry got up in time to see the unknown wizard leave the room. He got up to chase after him, but he got to the front door, and sent a Stinging Hex towards Harry. He deflected it, but it got him in the shoulder.

The wizard laughed, and ran towards the front door. Grabbing his shoulder, Harry started to follow him, but by the time he got to the front door, he had Apparated away.

“Shit,” cursed Harry.

“Couldn't have said it better myself,” said Mike Murray. He patted Harry on the arm. “You did good.”

“He got away,” said Harry, angry at himself.

“You get a look at him, Evans?” asked Wright, joining them. Susan followed behind him.

Yeah. It was Dolohov,” sighed Harry.

“Damn,” said Murray. “Well at least we can confirm the sightings that he is back in England.”

“Wonder if his Death Eater mates Rockwood and Lestrange are with him?” asked Susan, contemplatively.

“You better go and get that shoulder looked at,” said Wright, with a nod to Harry.

“I'll write up our report, James. You can read it and sign it, or if you have anything you want to add to it, you can,” said Susan.

Harry nodded, and they all made to leave. “I'll stay and wait for the forensic team to come in and see if they can find any thing. With all the ingredients and equipment they've got back there, it'll be damn hard to find anything. Speaking of, I better talk to George. I'll see you back at the office,” said Andrew Wright.

Harry went to the healer, who quickly healed his wound. Harry thanked him, and decided to have a shower, then check in with Susan and her report before he signed off for the day.

Harry grabbed a spare pair of clothes from his assigned locker, glad he'd had the forethought to bring them. He planned to have a quick shower, and as he turned around he started. Susan Bones was standing in the door way, watching him.

“Hey Evans, give a witch a warning next time you want to get on top of me. I like to be prepared,” she smirked.

“Do you mind?” said Harry, angrily, turning off the shower and grabbing his towel.

“Not in the least,” said Susan, eyeing him up and down.

Harry felt his cock twitch, and knew Susan saw it, too. She grinned.

“I left the report on your desk. Read it, add to it if you want, then sign it and hand it in. I'm signing out.”

Harry just nodded at her. Still, she lingered.

“You know, I'm going to be at the Leaky Cauldron tonight. Feel free to join me for a meal and a drink...or whatever you feel like,” she said, suggestively.

Harry knew exactly what she was offering. “Sorry, I'm busy tonight,” he said.

“Another time, then. Consider it an open invitation. Bye now,” she said.

Harry breathed a sigh of relief. Then went back to have another shower, a cold one this time.

Half an hour later, he was on his way to Andromeda's to pick up Lily. He had to admit that Susan did write a good report, and he just had to add the fact about following the wizard to the shop front, and getting hit with a Stinging Hex. He also included his assurance that it was Antonin Dolohov. Scrawling his signature on the bottom, he sent the report to Robard's office.

Remembering his missed appointment with Kingsley, he stopped in his office, but Kingsley was out. He left a message with his secretary, and headed for home.

He gratefully took up Andromeda's invitation to stay for tea. Lily was busy telling him about some friend she made today. Harry was trying to listen, but he was also thinking about Susan.

Reiterating to himself that it was a mistake to get involved with someone he worked with, Harry resolved to start dating again. His last relationship had been over a year ago, he realised. No wonder his cock had jumped at the thought of getting some action. He chuckled to himself.

“Dad, you're not listening. Can I please go to Ali's house after school on Thursday? We're working on a project together for school. We have to pick a star and do a project about it. Ali and me chose Sirius, the dog star,” said Lily, happily. “For Uncle Sirius.”

“Ali and I,” corrected Harry. He turned to Andromeda. “Do you know this girl, Ali? And her family? Are they okay people?” he asked.

Andromeda nodded. “Ali and her mum live together in a little cottage nearby. They're good people, James. Rose will be fine with them.”

Harry looked at an excited Lily. “We'll see. Maybe I could meet Ali's mum, talk to her for a bit?” suggested Harry.

“Dad, please,” whined Lily.

“No, sweety. I'm glad you've made a friend, but I'd feel better if I met her mother first. You're the most important person in my life, Li-er, Rose. I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable,” said Harry.

“Okay, I'll ask Ali at school tomorrow. Or I could send Hedwig out with a message?” said Lily, brightening.

“Tomorrow will be fine. I'm sure it will all be okay, sweety. I just want to know the people you'll be with, that's all.”

“I know, Dad. It's fine. I can't wait for you to meet Ali. I think we're going to be best friends, Dad,” gushed Lily.

Harry looked at the shining face of his daughter. Her happiness was all that mattered. “That's great, sweety. I can't wait to meet her, and her mum. If she's important to you, then she's important to me,” said Harry.

Lily beamed and hugged her dad. Together they made their way home, both glad to have gotten their first day over and done with.

Meanwhile, in a cottage not that far away, Ali and her mum were talking.

“-and she was born in Australia, but both her parents are British. She didn't talk about her mum much. Her dad is an Auror. Today was his first day at work,” babbled Ali.

“Hmm, I wonder if he was called to WWW for the break in,” mused Ginny, thinking aloud.

“So, can Rose come over Thursday? We're doing a project together. We had to pick a star and do a presentation on it. We both chose the dog star, Sirius,” said Ali.

“That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time,” said Ginny, sadly.

Ali came up to her and put her small arms around her mum. “That's why we chose it. We both knew someone called Sirius who died.”

“That's nice of you, love. I really think I need to speak with Rose's dad before I agree to her coming over. If he's new in town, he won't know of us. I'm sure he'd like to meet us before he sends his daughter over. I'll even ask if she can stay for tea,” said Ginny, smiling at her daughter.

“Thanks, Mum, you're the best. I'm going to have a shower now and get ready for bed,” said Ali, happily. She left her mum and went to the bathroom.

Ginny smiled as her daughter left the room. She was happy that her daughter had found a special friend. Despite having loads of cousins, she really was a loner. In fact, Ali was probably closer to Teddy than her own cousins.

Ginny looked forward to meeting Rose and her dad, the Auror.


Reviews 128
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear