Search:

SIYE Time:8:53 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Prince of Paxinia
By nrnik

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 9
Summary: Post OotP/AU. Loosely inspired from Harem War. Ron/Hermione/Dumbledore/Molly bashing. Harry discovers his friends and mentor had been betraying him. He comes to know his family's legacy, grows to be a powerful wizard, finds love and ultimately, confronts his primary enemy. Story will be very flamboyant and Harry will have superhero powers. HP/GW.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5851; Chapter Total: 1904







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The corridors were mostly deserted, as everyone was, Harry assumed, busy packing since they would be going home next day. Torches flickered on the walls, casting uneven shadows on the floors. The occupiers of the portraits curiously looked at Harry and Ginny, and whispered to each other, some of them even giggling, and Harry assumed the story of ministry events had found its way around.

When they reached the hospital wing, Harry paused for a moment. It was the first time he was meeting his best friends since the battle, since they both had been unconscious the other times he went to see them. Harry tried to guess their reaction upon seeing him. Would they blame him? Abandon his friendship? They had been his twin pillars of strength for the last five years. He knew he didn't deserve friends like Ron and Hermione. Had it not for his sheer stupidity, they wouldn't have been here in the first place.

Harry felt a soft pressure on his shoulder and turned halfway to see Ginny regarding him with a sad smile. She quickly took her hand off his shoulder as his gaze fell on it.

"They won't blame you, you know," Ginny said. "They will say exactly what I told you earlier."

"How can you be sure?" He asked, his voice laced with uncertainty. He knew he deserved whatever blame his friends showered upon him but the possibility of them breaking their friendship terrified him.

"I just know." Ginny said firmly and her conviction made Harry accept it. Mustering his courage, he entered the large area, Ginny close on his heels.

The room was silent and devoid of any persons. Madam Pomfrey was nowhere to be seen. The light was dim and all the beds were empty except one, which he knew to be Ron's. Hermione's bed was empty as well, but it didn't look like she had vacated the place. Her things, including a couple of books, were still there. The curtains of Ron's bed were down and Harry saw faint shadowy outlines moving on it.

He hesitated, but a gentle push from Ginny moved him into action. Harry walked forward, overcoming a slight falter in his steps.

However, just before he reached the bed, Harry halted abruptly, almost making Ginny bump into him. He had sensed something; something like a barrier just millimeters ahead where he was standing now. It was like a charm or a ward had been placed, probably around the bed.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he glanced at Ginny. She had a questioning look on her face as she watched him.

'What?' She mouthed. It seemed she didn't sense anything.

Harry shook his head and considered the problem before him. He was wondering why Ron would cast a charm around his bed. Was he even allowed to do magic, given the state he had been in? Or was it anyone else who had cast the charm? Moreover, how he himself was able to sense the charm ahead him? Questions flooded his mind and Harry shook his head to clear his brain, temporarily laying these questions to rest. The charm was unfamiliar, as they hadn't learned any sort of charms for privacy in lower years or for the DA classes. If Hermione had learned something, she would have taught them? Wouldn't she?

There was still no sound from the bed and Harry shifted on his feet, his mind staging an internal debate. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to talk to his friends but at the same time, he didn't want to intrude into a private moment, if that was what they were having. Beside him, Ginny take a step forward, clearly having no idea whatsoever about the charm. However, Harry stopped her, gently grabbing her hand and shaking his head. He still didn't know how to cancel the charm, but decided to have go.
"Finite Incantatem."

The effect was instant, and Harry felt that the barrier had vanished. Suddenly, a male voice, unmistakably of Ron, emerged from behind the curtain, grabbing his attention.
"... a stupid git. It's our luck you alerted Dumbledore in time, Hermione."

Harry froze. He froze both at his friend's words and the amount of hostility they exuded. He could do nothing but stand and listen for the next few minutes as the drama unfolded.

"Hm.. We have to see Dumbledore tonight. There is an Order meeting at nine here." Hermione's voice sounded.

"Here? How did you know?"

"Dumbledore told me, silly. He had been here when you were sleeping. He said we are to meet him before the meeting."

"But what will we tell Harry?"

"What about a prefect meeting?"

"Yeah. He will buy that. You have any idea what Dumbledore wants to tell us?"

"No. But I think he won't want us to write to Harry this summer too."

"What will we write though. Oh, Harry, I am so sorry your godfather was killed because of your stupidity. Get over it soon." Ron's laugh rang out and Harry felt his heart breaking, even more saw when he heard the unmistakable sound of Hermione's laugh joining as well.

Harry couldn't believe that what he just heard was real. He felt and hoped against hope that he was having a nightmare or it was some cruel trick by Voldemort. A weight slowly began to descend upon his chest and he realised that he had stopped breathing. He took a deep breath and the weight on his chest somewhat eased.

It was only then he became aware of his companion. He turned to Ginny and he saw her standing there with pure fury on her face and her wand emitting red sparks. As her eyes locked with Harry's they softened and regarded him with an expression of sadness. She opened her mouth but Harry shook his head, forestalling any words. He gestured towards the bed and Ginny nodded, getting his message.

"I am concerned about Ginny though, will she suspect anything?" Ron's voice sounded, and Harry turned towards the bed again.

"I don't know, Ron. We can't have her know everything. Otherwise we have to do it again."

"You mean.. Obliviate?"

"Yes."

Harry's eyes widened at that. He vas vaguely aware that beside him, Ginny had lost all his colour. Yet, he dared not to turn to her. He stood, riveted to the spot, as the real faces of his friends slowly emerged from behind their masks.

"I hope it won't come to it. The last time itself was difficult. Why she couldn't work with us? She and her silly crush!"

"Well, I can assure you that what she has is not a childish crush Ron. She is in love with Harry, even if she doesn't realise it. And we have to use it for own advantage."

"How?"

"I don't know. Professor Dumbledore has some plans."

Harry wasn't sure he could hear anything more. A burning sense of anguish and horror, mingled with fury, gripped him, tightening its hold every passing moment. He vaguely registered the slow rise in the temperature around him. Taking a deep breath, he turned to see the tearful face of Ginny. Given his state, he didn't know how to console the girl. However, he puy his arm over her shoulders and led her out.

Harry stumbled midway but Ginny grabbed before he fell and gripped his arm tightly. They mechanically moved through the corridors, fortunately not meeting anyone, before finally stopping in front of an unused classroom. Harry swung the doors open and led Ginny to the wall on opposite side.

He lowered his body, feeling the coldness of the wall behind him. He looked at Ginny as she waved her wand, and the doors closed. She murmured a few more incantations, too soft for Harry to make out. She joined him on the floors.

"THOSE CHEATERS! THOSE.. THOSE.. DAMN IT!" Ginny burst into tears. Harry sat there helplessly, not having any idea regarding how to console his friend, who had just found out she had lost quite a few memories, thanks to her brother and her friend.

He himself was still struggling to come to terms with what he had just heard. His friends, or those whom he believed to be, had been cheating him on Dumbledore's orders. That man had been controlling him in every aspect ever since he was made an orphan.

A few moments of silence, broken only by Ginny's sniffles intermittently, passed before Ginny raised her head, from her arms.

"Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm so sorry."

Harry turned to regard her tear-stained face and laughed bitterly. "You don't have to be. It's them who had been betraying me, and you for that matter."

"What are we going to do?" Ginny asked, wiping the tears.

"I... I don't know. I still... How could they do it Ginny? How long they had been cheating me? They were the only..." He trailed off, his eyes burning and voice wavering. He ran his hand through his hair. "I want to be in the Order meeting". He said resolutely at last.

"But how can we go there? Dumbledore can easily spot us."

"I don't know. Even if I take my invisibility cloak, Moody and Dumbledore can detect me." he saw Ginny's eyes widen at the mention of invisibility cloak but she refrained from saying anything about it.

"Could we ask help from anyone?" Ginny asked, after a few moments of thinking.

"Who is there to help us, Ginny?"

"Hmm.. I can guess someone. Wait here, I will be back in a few minutes." Ginny said as she got up and dashed to the door.

"Where are you going?" Harry called out.

"Just wait." Ginny exited and Harry continued to ponder the way his life seemed to be going.

A sudden crack roused him and Harry swiftly turned towards the sound with his wand trained in the direction. He was relieved to see it was Ginny and..

"Dobby?"

"HARRY POTTER SIR!"

Harry found himself suddenly attacked by the small figure of Dobby and a piercing wail filled the room.

"Dobby is very sorry sir! Dobby is sorry for the great Harry Potter's loss!"

"Dobby, Dobby. Stop crying. Please.." Harry disentangled himself from Dobby's embrace.

"D-Dobby i-is v-very s-sorry s-sir," The elf managed between loud hiccups.

Harry shook his head and sent a questioning glance at Ginny. As in response she turned to Dobby.

"Dobby, we need your help."

"Anything for the great Harry Potter and his Wheezy!"

Ginny rolled her eyes and continued. "Dobby, you know professor Moody right?"

Dobby bobbed his head up and down.

"Do you know about his magical eye?"

He nodded again.

Ginny glanced at Harry before she ventured again, "Do you.. Do you have any idea how can we escape from such a thing? I mean there will be a meeting tonight here. Me and Harry want to go but Moody will be there and also the headmaster. Do you have any idea how can we watch that meeting without being seen?"

Dobby assumed a thinking pose before he disappeared with a crack, not saying a word. Harry and Ginny looked at each other for a moment but soon Dobby appeared with another crack. He had an old worn out book with him which he extended towards Harry. Harry looked at it dubiously.

"Harry Potter sir, this book has what you want."

Harry took the book from Dobby's hands with a little amount of hesitation and read the title, "Forgotten Charms." He looked at the elf. "Where did you get this Dobby?"

"From the library Harry sir. Dobby seen it when he cleaned there sir. Dobby's former masters also is having this book."

"You mean Malfoys?"

"Yes sir. The elder master once saying me this book is having charms to hide Harry sir."

Harry skimmed through the pages carefully. The book had obviously seen better days and the pages seemed ready to break at a bit of pressure. Harry didn't need to look for long as he found an invisibility charm which was powerful enough to escape from magical eyes. There was a long description regarding the uses and the application.

"Thank you Dobby," He said, smiling at the elf.

"Anything for the great Harry Potter!" Dobby beamed.

"You can go now."

Dobby bowed, and with a resounding crack he disappeared. Harry and Ginny glanced at each other.

"So.."

It only took ten minutes or so for Harry to master the spell. He was amazed that he could master such a complex charm relatively fast when he had struggled with many simpler charms in the past. He remembered the experience in hospital wing earlier. However, he didn't have enough time to waste on thinking about it. Ginny also wanted to learn the spell but she couldn't cast effectively even after trying for half an hour and they decided to leave it at that. They had skipped the end of the term feast and hoped that nobody would search for him. The teachers would have enough sense to guess the reason behind his disappearance.

Harry didn't want Ginny to come but had to yield before her stubbornness. She had the right, as she was also a victim to the machinations of Dumbledore.

Half an hour to nine, they got ready. Harry cast the charm on Ginny and himself, followed by silencing charm on their shoes and robes.

It didn't take much time to find the class room, and fortunately, it was empty. Harry and Ginny were holding hands to not get separated, as they were both invisible. Unlike the other classrooms, it had no benches and desks. A round table occupied the center, a number of chairs surrounding it. Needless to say, it hadn't been a classroom for a long while, but Dumbledore must have been using it for the meetings for years. But why hadn't he seen any meeting even after possessing the Marauders' map for two years? Harry wondered.

After closing the doors, He surveyed the room and found the farther corner on right suitable to get a good view of the meeting. He was still nervous regarding the effect of the charms but more dreaded about the things he was going to hear.

The sound of approaching footfalls reached them and Harry dragged Ginny to the corner and sat there.

The doors opened and Dumbledore entered, followed by Ron and Hermione. They took seats around the table.

"So, neither of you have seen Harry?" asked Dumbledore.

"No sir. Neville said he hadn't returned after lunch. He has taken Marauders' map and his cloak." Hermione said, shaking her head.

"Do you think he will do something stupid?" asked Ron.

"Perhaps Harry wants to spent a little time alone, Ron. After all, he is not exactly in a mood to socialise." Dumbledore said.

Ron and Hermione looked each other.

"And the loss of Sirius was a great blow to him."

"But it's good for us, isn't it?" Ron asked.

"Of course Ron. I had been dreading the moment Sirius getting hint of our plans but fortunately we were presented with the right opportunity to get rid of him. Now I can carry out my plans much more easily."

Dumbleodre paused and looked at the teenagers before him intently. "Ron, Hermione. You are not to write to Harry this summer. The only contact to him must be from Ginevra. It is important to develop a strong bond between them. I suppose he has got over his affection for Miss Chang?"

"Yes professor. We were afraid it will grow but that girl herself is stupid and ruined it." Hermione said.

"That is good to hear. It is important to have him under our control. Any outside influence will harm our plans. A confrontation between Voldemort and Harry is approaching and he should be ready to sacrifice himself for those whom he love."

"You still haven't told us why Harry should sacrifice himself professor."

"All in a good time, Ms Granger." Dumbledore said with a smile. "Before his final confrontation, we have to urge him to make a will in which he will name Ginevra, and you two as beneficiaries." Ron and Hermione smiled.

"But sir, there is another problem. What if Ginny doesn't want to date Harry? She has gotten over him it seems." Ron asked.

"Don't concern yourself with that Mr. Weasley. Your mother and I will be taking care of that."

"And what about Harry? Are you going to use love potions on him?" Hermione asked.

"No. Feeding Harry love potions is a risk we can't now afford. As he is immune to Imperious curse, he will also have strong resistance against such potions. That is why he should get closer to Ginny naturally. His isolation this summer with contact only to Ginny will help it."

"But sir, won't he get mad at us for not writing to him?" Ron asked. "The last year he yelled at us a lot."

"We can solve that when you see him after the summer Ron. Do you really think Harry is going to stay mad at you forever?"

Both the teenagers shook their heads.

"And one more thing. It seems Harry has established a good camaraderie with Mr. Longbottom and Ms. Lovegood, if the ministry events are any indication. It is your duty to discourage its progress. I will take care of it in the summer. But you should see to it when you return next term.

"Yes, professor."

"And, both of you will receive special training from Order this summer. I will make the necessary arrangements. The faces of Ron and Hermione brightened and they chorused a "thank you".

"Then, I think that will be all". Dumbledore said.

Hermione and Ron exited while Dumbledore sat there, a calculating smile blossoming on his face.

Footsteps soon echoed in the corridor and the Order members filed in. Harry sought out Remus Lupin among them, and indeed he was there, worse than the worst state he had seen the werewolf in. Alastor Moody was the last to enter and Harry froze for a moment, despite his confidence on the charms.

The magical eye of the auror swirled in the socket, observing all around, but Moody showed no visible reaction that he had discovered anyone uninvited in the room.

Harry let out a relieved breath as Moody took his seat next to Kingsley Shacklebolt, seemingly unaware of his and Ginny's presence. Everyone he used to see at the Order meetings at Grimmauld Place was here except Nymphadora Tonks, who Harry remembered having seen getting injured during the ministry battle.

Dumbledore stood as everyone was seated. "Before the meeting, let us have a moment of silence in the memory of Sirius."

Everyone stood and Harry felt his insides boiling in anger at the well rehearsed performance of his headmaster. He had half a mind to drop all the charms and curse the old man to oblivion but he tightly reigned his anger and waited patiently for the drama to be played out.

"We have suffered a huge loss today, in the form of Sirius Black," Dumbleodre said as the members resumed their positions. "He was a great friend to some of us. However, as I always say, it should motivate us to fight more vigorously; to save the magical world from the looming darkness." He paused for a moment and turned to Kingsley. "How is young Nymphadora faring?"

Harry noticed Remus, who had been looking down so far, had slightly raised his head now and was watching Kingsley.

"She is recovering well." The auror answered in his baritone voice. "Should be up and about in a week."

"Very well. There are a number of matters we have to discuss. The very first thing is the security arrangement of Harry this summer". Dumbledore looked at each of his colleagues pointedly and continued. "His protection is more important now than ever. Under no circumstances he should be allowed to leave the Dursley household. And it is better for him to have very minimum contact to anyone from the magical world this summer."

"Why is that Albus?"

Harry was surprised to see that it was Remus who had spoken.

"Remus, the boy has lost his godfather. He needs to grieve the death of Sirius."

"And do you think isolation is the best way to do it?"

Dumbledore sighed. "Remus, Harry is not in right mental state now. He ruined my office the other day. Not to mention it was partially because of his volatile nature that we lost Sirius." There was a collective gasp at the last sentence and Remus got up, fury burning in his eyes.

"It was because of you Harry rushed to the ministry! You always kept him in the dark!"

"Remus!" Dumbledore called the werewolf, his voice acquiring a tone of warning.

Remus took breath and looked at Dumbledore. "I am going." Then he walked out of the class room, leaving a stunned group of people.

"Albus?" McGonagall spoke up after a few seconds.

"It's ok Minerva. I half expected it. Remus has also just lost his friend. It will be unwise to expect him think logically now."

Somebody snorted but Harry couldn't see who and Dumbledore ignored it.

"I too think Remus was right Albus," said McGonagall. "Harry needs company-"

Dumbledore raised his hand, interrupting the transfiguration professor. "There will be no debate on this topic Minerva," he said with a tone of finality and nobody dared to refute their leader.

"There will be a will reading of Sirius in a couple of Days. I am the executor of the will. It will be prudent not to mention to Harry about it. Understand?"

Everyone nodded, though some of them seemed less enthusiastic about their leader's ways.

The meeting didn't last long after that. Kingsley explained the happenings in ministry and the others also shared their experiences following the battle. At last, everyone was dismissed and only Dumbledore and Snape remained.

"How is Voldemort, Severus?

"The Dark Lord is still suffering from whatever Potter has done to him." Snape said with his patented sneer. Lucius is looking after him. It will be quite a while before he can be up and about."

"That's good to hear."

"Are you sure you are going the right way regarding Potter?" Snape asked and Harry was surprised.

"What did you have in your mind, my dear boy?"

Harry saw Snape grimacing at being called 'boy'.

"You are going to isolate the boy again. He has just lost his godfather, though how much of an idiot he was."

"It needs to be done, Severus," the old wizard replied. "And why, may I ask, do you seem to have started to care about the boy?"

The potion master glared at the smiling headmaster. He got up with out a word and walked towards the door. Just before he exited, he turned to Dumbledore.

"You are playing a dangerous game Albus." Then he was gone.

Dumbledore spent a few more minutes in the room before he left. Harry breathed a sigh of relief.

"Ginny," he called.

"Mm..?"

"Are you hungry?"

"No."

"Me neither. Come on. Let's go back to the common room."

A small hand slipped into his and they left the room, walking in the direction of the Gryffindor tower.
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear