Search:

SIYE Time:15:17 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


So Easy to Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Poetry, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 44
Summary: Loving Ginny is the easiest thing in the world.
Hitcount: Story Total: 50012; Chapter Total: 8517







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Neither of them wanted to be there that night. It wasn't really their usual choice to unwind. However, Harry and his team of Aurors had closed a big case today, and were in the mood to celebrate. Mindful of Sirius's constant nagging to go out with people his own age, he had agreed to go with his team for a couple of drinks. He'd been there for three quarters of an hour, and was getting fidgety. He figured another half hour should do it, then he could make his escape.

Ginny's team had been having a successful season. They'd won their last match, and now had two weeks before their next one. Despite a tough week on the training track, they now had the entire weekend off. Ginny had intended to go home and catch up with her family, but her team-mates had dragged her to the new club, promising lots of dancing. Ginny loved to dance, so she went along with them. She figured she had the rest of the weekend to see her family.

When the Holyhead Harpies walked in, it caused a buzz around the club. It had only opened a month ago, and was THE place to be seen. The girls were soon surrounded by young men, mostly fans. Most of the Harpies liked the attention, but there were a couple on the team who were married, or just didn't like that kind of attention. Ginny was one of the latter. She headed for the bar.

While Ginny waited for her drink, she scanned the crowd. She saw her team-mates chatting with some young, attractive guys. They waved to her, pointing her out to them. Ginny smiled, but pointed to the dance floor. Her team-mates nodded, and headed there.

Ginny sipped her drink, continuing to look around. Her gaze settled on a rowdy group of witches and wizards in a booth. A waitress looked harassed as she set down a couple of jugs for them and hurried away. As she looked over them, she found herself drawn to a wizard sitting quietly at the end of the booth. He declined another drink, and looked around. Their eyes made contact

Harry saw a woman looking at him. Her eyes seemed to smile at him. She had a good figure, although she didn't look very tall. He couldn't tell what colour her hair was, as the disco lights reflected off it. She raised her glass to him in a toast.

Ginny saw the man looking at her. He seemed familiar, with his dark hair. She wanted to get closer to see the colour of his eyes. His body language indicated he really didn't want to be there. He smiled a little smile, and dropped his head as she raised her glass in a toast. If Ginny didn't know better, she'd think he was blushing.

“Caught the eye of a Harpy, Potter,” drawled Roger Manns. “Must be your lucky day. Looks like you won't be going home alone tonight. We all know what those Harpies are like,” he chuckled, swigging back another pint.

“Are you eyeing off those Aurors, Ginny? Merlins beard, it's Harry Potter himself,” gasped Jeanie, a fellow chaser.

“Oh, yes, I wondered why he looked familiar. Come on, let's go dance,” said Ginny, pulling her friend on the dance floor. They joined their team-mates and started to let loose.

Harry tried not to make it too obvious he was watching the Harpies dancing, but he couldn't help himself. The one he had made eye contact with was a really good dancer, and he couldn't take his eyes off her. Her moves showed off an amazing body.

Without being aware of it, Harry stayed for another hour. Some of the Harpies came off the dance floor and went off for a drink with one of their many admirers, but not his Harpy. She stayed out there the whole time, dancing with one of her friends or another. She smiled as one wizard after another came up to her, and even danced with a couple, but that was it.

She finally left the dance floor. Harry checked the bar and her friends, but didn't see her. Disappointed, he checked his watch, surprised to find it was now after eleven. With one last quick scan, he decided it was time to leave. He paid for the next jug, but told his fellow Aurors he was leaving.

He made his way to the entrance. He had nearly made it when somebody bumped into him.

“Oh, I'm so sorry,” she gasped.

It was her.

“You're leaving?” she asked, in a disappointed tone. “I haven't seen you on the dance floor,” she said.

“Probably safer that way. I, uh, don't really dance,” said Harry.

“Anyone can dance,” she laughed.

Harry was enthralled. Her whole face lit up when she laughed. “Not me. Not to this music, anyway,” he said, grinning.

Ginny smiled. His eyes were magnificent, so green and mesmerising. “Do me a favour, and wait here, okay?” she asked.

Harry nodded, and she hurried off. When she returned, she smiled mischievously at him, and dragged him onto the dance floor.

“But, I can't, I really don't-”

“Wait,” said Ginny.

The music changed to a slower number. Ginny looked up to the DJ booth and gave a thumbs up. She looked back to Harry.

“He's a friend of my brother's. I asked him to play a slow song. Will you dance with me now, before you leave?” she asked, enticingly.

Harry couldn't have said no, even if he had wanted to. He stepped closer, and put his hand on her waist, and took her hand in his, just the way Tonks had showed him.

“I'm Ginny,” she said, smiling up at him, as they swayed together.

“I'm Harry,” he said, smiling down into her warm, brown eyes.

“So, who are those people you're with? Workmates?” asked Ginny.

“Yes, we're Aurors. Just cracked a big case today,” he said, then surprised her by twirling her around.

Laughing, she grabbed his shoulders. “You've done this before,” she accused, good naturedly.

“Yes, but never with such a pretty partner,” said Harry, hoping Tonks would forgive him.

“Smooth talker,” smirked Ginny.

Harry grinned, wishing his god-father had heard her say that. Him, a smooth talker?

As one slow song morphed into another, Ginny put her hands around his neck, and he put his hands on her waist.

“So, you're a Harpy? What position?” Harry asked, surprised at how at ease he felt with her.

“Chaser. We've got a whole weekend off, starting tonight. I don't usually come to clubs like this,” said Ginny.

“Really?” asked Harry, surprised. The Harpies had quite a party reputation. “Must be my lucky night then. I don't usually go for this type of thing, either. I usually hang around with my family when I'm not working.”

“Same,” said Ginny, smiling at him. “I much prefer to have a get together at my home, with a few friends. It's too noisy in these places,” she said loudly, as DJ Lee Jordan increased the tempo of the music.

“What? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear what you said. It's so noisy in here,” shouted Harry, in her ear.

“I said, it's too noisy. Let's get out of here,” said Ginny, now shouting to be heard.

Harry shook his head, and put his hand to his ear. “I can't hear you. Why don't we get out of here, and go for a coffee, or something.”

Ginny nodded, and pulled his head down to her. For a brief second, Harry thought (hoped) she was going to kiss him. He felt her breath on his ear, and it sent shivers down his spine.

“I'll just grab my bag, and say goodbye to my friends. Meet out the front?” she asked.

Harry nodded, and she smiled, hurrying away.

He went to the entrance, and went out. He was surprised at how cold it was, even though it was December. He hoped Ginny had a coat or something. Glancing at his watch, he realised it was after midnight.

Ginny touched his arm, and he smiled down at her. She had put a jacket over her dress, and she threaded her arm through his.

“I know a place to get coffee,” she said.

“Lead on, MacDuff,” he said, gesturing grandly.

“Ah, Shakespeare. I am with a learned gentleman,” giggled Ginny.

“I like to read. We have quite a library where I live,” said Harry. “I'm surprised you've heard of Shakespeare, though.”

“I have a father who loves anything Muggle. He brought home a couple of books when I was younger, and I read them. The Bronte sisters. 'Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights'. On a cold winter's night, there is nothing better than snuggling on the couch in front of the fire with a cup of cocoa and a good book,” said Ginny.

She lifted her head up to catch a falling snowflake. Harry was captivated by her simple beauty. She didn't have much make-up on, and she didn't need it.

“Let's go,” she said, grabbing his hand.

She took him to a coffee shop he was familiar with. It was near the Ministry, and was a frequent haunt of the Aurors, particularly the ones who were on the night shift.

They ordered coffee, and chose to share a piece of treacle tart, after being assured it was fresh. Harry knew that Gloria, the middle-aged waitress, started her shift at midnight, and usually made the cake at home and brought it in with her.

They spent the next hour talking. She told him of her family, her brother's shop in Diagon Alley and her new niece.

He told her of his travels with his god-father, how he wished he had gone to Hogwarts, and his love for his god-son.

She let him have the last piece of treacle tart, after he mentioned it was his favourite dessert. Ginny told him her mum made a better one. He told her it wasn't possible, that he had eaten in a lot of diners all around London, and this was the best one.

Ginny knew then and there she was going to ask her mum to bake him one to show him she was right.

Reluctantly, their night drew to a close. They had barely stopped talking, although it would be later that they would both realise that neither had really gotten in to the fact that he was Harry Potter, Saviour of the Wizarding World, or that she was Ginny Weasley, leading chaser for the Holyhead Harpies.

Harry walked her to the Apparition site nearby.

“So, I had a good time, tonight,” said Ginny, reluctant to leave him. Never had she met someone that she felt so completely comfortable with so quickly.

“Me too, well, except for the dancing,” chuckled Harry, his eyes twinkling.

“But you did so well,” laughed Ginny.

Harry took her hand, twirled her as he did at the club, then dipped her.

Oh,” exclaimed Ginny, completely shocked. She grabbed his shoulder to keep from falling. Their eyes met, and held.

Harry slowly pulled her upright, their eyes still connected. A few snowflakes fell and landed on her cheek, and in his hair.

Ginny ran her hands through his hair to remove them, while he ran a finger down her cheek.

“So beautiful,” murmured Harry.

He lowered his mouth, and ever so gently, brushed his lips against hers. Once, twice. On the third time, he felt her kiss him back. Once, twice.

They pulled apart, and stared at each other. They each felt that something had just happened, although what it was, neither knew.

“I should go,” said Ginny, softly.

His eyes burned like emeralds. Ginny couldn't look away.

She felt so right in his arms. Harry didn't want to let her go.

“Good night,” said Ginny, taking a step back to the Apparition point.

“It has been the best night,” agreed Harry, softly.

The last thing Ginny saw was Harry with his arm raised in farewell.

It started as easy as that.

Reviews 44
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear