Search:

SIYE Time:15:29 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


So Easy to Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Poetry, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 44
Summary: Loving Ginny is the easiest thing in the world.
Hitcount: Story Total: 50028; Chapter Total: 7277







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry was very frustrated. He had woken late, after laying in his bed for a long time thinking about what he was going to say to Ginny. Then, when he had fallen into a light sleep, he had dreamt of the things he hoped Ginny would do to him and with him when they reconciled. This then required him to take matters into his own hands before he could finally succumb to a much needed deeper sleep. However, now the day was half over, and he still hadn't found Ginny.

He had Apparated to the Holyhead Harpies home ground in Wales. There he was informed that the team had been given the week off before they re-commenced training for their next match. Ginny Weasley was expected to be a part of that match, despite missing the previous week's match due to her injury.

He had then Apparated back to London, and flooed to the Burrow. He had expected a cool reception from Molly, who was the only one home, but she seemed unaware of any problem between Harry and Ginny. To his relief, she told him Ginny had been recuperating at her brother's home while he and his family were away. After being fed more food than he thought he could ever eat, he flooed away to Shell Cottage.

Harry could smell the sea as soon as he stepped out of the floo. The cottage was tiny, as Molly had told him. Bill and Fleur were actually looking for a bigger home, especially with another baby on the way. As he left the kitchen and went into the lounge, he could smell Ginny's fragrance in the air. He sniffed deeply; longingly.

The sound of laughter drew him to the porch. He smiled at the sound; it was Ginny's laugh. He would know it anywhere. He looked out the window, and saw Tonks, Teddy and Ginny.

It looked like they'd been for a walk, and Teddy was showing his mum a shell he had found. Harry watched as Teddy flung his arms around Ginny and squeezed. Even from here, he could see Teddy blush when Ginny planted a kiss on his cheek. 'Someone's got a crush!', thought Harry, with a smile.

Tonks and Ginny hugged, then Tonks and Teddy went to what must be the Apparition site, and they left. Ginny's shoulders sagged as they left, as she turned away from the house, and continued to walk along the beach, re-tracing the steps she had just taken with her visitors. Harry thought she looked sad; deep in thought.

He followed her slowly, still trying to think about what he wanted to say to her. How could he explain to her how much he loved her; needed her? How could she possibly begin to understand how important she was to him; the power this gave her over him? How could-?”

“Harry?”

Harry snapped his head up. He had been so busy thinking about what he was going to say to her, he hadn't noticed she'd stopped walking, and now he was nearly falling over her.

“Oh, er, hi,” mumbled Harry.

“Hi,” said Ginny.

They stared at each other in uncomfortable silence. Each waited for the other to speak. Finally, they both broke the tension at the same time.

“Why are you here?” she asked.

“Are you all right?” he asked.

They smiled at each other, then it happened again.

“I'm fine,” she said.

“I've missed you,” he said.

Ginny sucked in a breath at Harry's statement, and folded her arms protectively across her chest.

“I've missed you, too,” she said softly. “Come on, I could do with a cup of tea. When the sun goes behind the clouds, it gets a bit cool. I've been out here long enough.”

They walked back together towards the cottage. “So, you had Teddy and Tonks here for a visit?” asked Harry.

At Ginny's look, he explained. “They were just leaving as I arrived through the floo.”

“Yeah, they were here. I've gotten to know them pretty well. We've spent some time together at the orphanage this last week. Teddy and Nick get on really well. Remus is tutoring Nick, so he can start at Hogwarts in September. Hopefully, he can go into the second year, with kids his own age. He's trying really hard, so eager to learn and make Remus proud,” smiled Ginny.

“Any luck finding homes for the other kids?” asked Harry.

“Yes, actually. Friends of mine, Hannah and Neville Longbottom are keen to adopt Adam and Amelia. Unfortunately, they can't have kids of their own. They've spent some time with them, and they all got on well. Adam had a healers appointment yesterday, to find out what can be done to help him with his leg. I know he'll probably need a couple of operations, and they may need to go to the States for that. The Salem Hospital has some amazing healers there, so fingers crossed. Hopefully, we can have another fund raiser to help them afford to all go. I know Amelia won't want to be apart from Adam, and it might hinder his recovery if he's worried about her back here. I think-”

Ginny's words were cut off as Harry kissed her. She froze, then kissed him back.

Harry pulled away, drawing in deep breaths as he leaned his forehead against hers. “I'm sorry. I just...couldn't help myself. Couldn't hold back any longer.”

Ginny smiled and kissed him tenderly. She tucked herself under his arm, her arm around his waist. Together they walked back to the cottage. “You never have to apologise for kissing me, Harry,” she chuckled softly.

He smiled, kissing her on her forehead. “God, I love you,” he blurted out. Then he froze, as he realised what he had said.

Ginny smiled a special smile. She opened the door to the cottage. “Come in,” she said, simply.

Harry was confused, as he entered the cottage. Did she not hear him? He had to admit, it did feel good to say it out loud, but he didn't get the reaction he was hoping for.

“I love you,” he repeated, louder.

“Tea? Mum sent over a cake yesterday, want some of that?” asked Ginny, pottering around in the kitchen.

Harry fell into a chair. Okay, she obviously didn't want to hear of his feelings, and even more obviously, didn't want to say those precious words back to him.

“Tea's fine,” he said. He didn't think he could eat anything right now. His chest was so tight, it felt as though his heart was about to erupt. He rubbed his chest. Nope, that didn't help.

“I heard you, you know. At St Mungo's. The night you came to visit. The last time I saw you. Well, heard from you,” said Ginny, her back to him as she made tea.

“What?” gasped Harry.

“I'd been given a potion to keep me still. I'd taken a bludger to my back, you see. Any movement could have meant long term damage. So, I could hear you, but I couldn't move,” explained Ginny.

“Oh,” said Harry, sipping at the tea Ginny had placed in front of him.

Ginny sat opposite him, and stirred her tea. “Harry, I-well, I love you, too. And I'm sorry.”

“You do! That's, wait, why are you sorry? Sorry you love me?” asked a jubilant but now hesitant Harry.

“No, not that, never that,” said Ginny, quickly.

She got up from her chair, and came round to kneel at his feet. She took his hand in hers.

“I guess I forgot who you are. You, you're Harry Potter, the most well known wizard in our world. Everyone knows what you have done, and all that you lost,” she said.

“Gin, I don't-”

“Hush, Harry. What did I tell you to say the first time I met Sirius?” she gently chided.

Harry thought, then smiled.

“Yes, dear,” he said.

Ginny patted his hand. Harry's heart started beating furiously. Could this possibly be about to be all right? Could she, did she mean-

“Harry, my Harry, I'm sorry for forgetting your history. You just make it so easy to love you, just Harry, that I completely forgot what it must be like for you to see someone you care for get hurt,” said Ginny, leaning over to kiss his hand.

Harry was stunned. “You, you see me as just Harry?” he asked. “And you love Just Harry?”

Ginny nodded. “I'm proud of what you've done, and I'm sad for what you've had to go through to get to that point. I am glad that you had Sirius and Remus, and then later Tonks and Teddy to be there for you.”

Harry nodded too. “But now I just need you. I never thought I'd meet anyone who would care about me. I mean, just Harry. Not Harry bloody Potter, Chosen One, Saviour of the Wizarding World, yada, yada, yada!”

Ginny burst out laughing. Harry pulled her off the floor and onto his knee, where he snogged the life out of her.

He rested his head on her shoulder. “I love you so much. Please, let me show you,” he begged.

Ginny answered him with a kiss.

An hour later, as they rested in the afterglow of their lovemaking, Harry was running his hands through her hair as she lay with her head on his chest.

“Your parents and brothers don't know what I said to you at the hospital, do they?” he asked.

Ginny turned so her chin was resting on his chest. “No. I figured you needed some time, and so did I. Talking to Tonks helped confirm what I had already guessed. They don't need to know, Harry,” she assured him, kissing his heart and laying back down.

“Your brothers would kill me,” said Harry. “I promise I'll never hurt you again, Gin.”

“I know,” assured Ginny. “And you leave my brothers to me.”

“Yes, dear,” laughed Harry.

Ginny laughed too. “Oh, won't Sirius be taking the piss about this. He'll be nagging us about James Sirius, won't he?”

“I want you to myself for a while. That's for the future. How many kids do you want?” Harry asked, flipping her over so she was under him.

“Hmm, children of Marauders? Nephews and nieces of Fred and George? Let's start with one and see how we go,” said Ginny, running her hands up Harry's chest.

“Our kids will be perfect little angels,” said Harry. “I say we go for seven, no eight. Gotta beat your mum and dad! A Quidditch team and a reserve. Easy!”

Ginny pulled Harry's head down to hers.


Will Harry and Ginny's kids be perfect little angels? Read the epilogue and find out...
Reviews 44
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear