Search:

SIYE Time:15:06 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


So Easy to Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Poetry, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 44
Summary: Loving Ginny is the easiest thing in the world.
Hitcount: Story Total: 49948; Chapter Total: 8074





Author's Notes:
Thanks for the lovely reviews and nominations.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Five Years Later...

“Twins,” said Ginny, weakly. She was still stunned by the news from the Medi-witch just moments ago.

“I knew it. You're too big for just one,” said Harry, looking at her huge stomach.

“Twins,” repeated Ginny.

“Twin boys,” stated Harry proudly. “Hey, twins are from your side of the family, not mine,” he said in self-defence, as she shot him a dirty look.

“I can't think of two names, it was hard enough last time,” wailed Ginny.

“We've still got a few months to go,” said Harry, consolingly.

“There is no way I can carry them for four more months. Look at me, I'm already huge, and it's only the five month mark. Oh Merlin, Harry, what if they're both like Jamie!”

Harry gulped. Jamie was a little hellion. Jamie had a good shot at turning everyone in the family grey-haired within another year. For such a little person with a limited vocabulary, their first born could cause an unbelievable uproar in a remarkably short period of time. A true Marauder in the making, Sirius liked to say.

They Apparated to the Burrow. When they arrived they could see Sirius had come over, as well as Remus and Tonks. Some of Ginny's brothers were there, too. As it was summer holidays, all the older children were home. Sirius had applied for, and been granted, guardianship over Nick, and he'd become a wonderful student at Hogwarts. He hoped to become an Auror just like Harry. Teddy, who looked up to Nick like an older brother, was excited to be starting at Hogwarts when the new school year started.

Molly popped her head out of the kitchen. “Well, how did it go?” she asked.

“Twins,” exclaimed Ginny, still numb.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Ginny and Harry. Arthur gasped, while Molly nodded approvingly.

“Twin boys,” announced Harry, before anyone could ask.

A sigh went up around the room. “Thank Merlin! Imagine if it was another one, or, Merlin forbid, two, just like Jamie?” said George.

Ginny's head swivelled around. “Where is Jamie?”

Sirius bolted up from the chair he was sitting on. All the adults started looking around with growing panic. “She was right here,” said Sirius. “She dragged my motorbike helmet in here.”

“How long ago?” asked Harry, checking behind doors and chairs.

“Couple of minutes, I think,” muttered Sirius.

Ginny and Harry exchanged a look. In that time, Jamie could wreck the house. It was amazing that such a tiny little girl with such an angelic face could be such a demon.

“Jamie! Jamie Lee, come out, Mummy and Daddy have some big news for you,” called Ginny.

Everybody joined in the search, but their little black haired terror was nowhere to be found. She really was angelic looking, a bit like Pebbles from the old Flinstones cartoon show Harry used to watch. She had Harry's black hair and his green eyes; and dimples on either side of her rosebud mouth. She had sat up by herself at four months, crawled at six, walked at nine months, and the family had been on guard ever since.

Jamie had a frightful temper for such a little thing, and an outsize will, too. Keeping her from doing something she was determined to do was like trying to hold back the tide with a bucket. She bore a grudge badly, and was quick to work out some sort of pay back. Only discipline from her adored daddy could reduce her to tears.

Teddy came running inside. “Uncle Harry, Jamie's on the roof of the shed!”

“Oh my God,” cried Ginny, rushing outside as fast as she could. Harry tore past her, his heart in his throat. Every instinct screamed for him to get to his beloved child as fast as possible.

Everyone ran outside, their faces pale with alarm, and looked up. Three and a half year old Jamie was sitting on the edge of the roof, her legs dangling over the side, and her face glowing as she looked down at her family.

“Hi,” she waved.

Ginny's knees wobbled, and Arthur put a supporting, protective arm around her. Fred and George hovered close.

“I'm coming up to get you, baby girl,” called Harry.

“Maybe you should get the ladder, I don't know if the roof of the shed will take your weight and hers,” said Arthur, worryingly.

Ginny moaned.

“You could cast a weightless charm on her,” suggested Ron.

Ginny moaned again.

Fred and George returned with a ladder. They leaned it up against the shed wall, and Harry prepared to climb up.

A scowl was on Jamie's face as she watched her daddy climb up. “No, Daddy, no,” she shrieked, standing up.

Harry froze. She didn't want to come down, and she was absolutely fearless.

“Harry,” whispered Ginny, her voice choked.

He was shaking. Jamie stamped her foot and pointed a little finger at him. “Daddy, down,” she demanded. She was getting closer to the edge.

Harry knew he wouldn't get to her in time. He was about to cast the Accio spell, when Sirius patted his arm and moved past Harry.

He moved forward, trying not to startle his god-niece. When he was directly below her, he grinned at her, and she grinned at him. She adored Uncle Sirius.

“Unca Siri!” she cried.

“You know, I'm really going to miss you when they take you to Azkaban. I give you to the age of five,” he said.

“Is Jamie really going to Azkaban?” asked Dominique, to Victoire. She shrugged. “Fink so.”

Jamie spread her arms wide, bouncing up and down on her toes.

Sirius held up his arms. “Come on Angel, jump!”

Jamie jumped.

Sirius caught her in mid-air and hugged the precious little body to his chest. Ginny burst into tears. Harry was there, taking his daughter in his arms, pressing his lips to her round cheeks, Ginny rushed over to be enveloped in his embrace as well.

Jamie patted Ginny's face. “Mumma cwy?” she asked, and her bottom lip quivered. She looked at Harry. “Fix, Daddy.”

“I'll fix you all right. I'll use a sticking charm on your butt, then you'll stay in one place. How did you get up there, anyway?,” said Harry, hugging her tightly, and drawing Ginny in close.

“Just fought about it, and then I was up 'dere,” said Jamie.

“Accidental magic. Well, thank Merlin Teddy saw you and told us,” said Harry.

He missed the dirty look Jamie threw at Teddy. “Down please, Daddy,” she said.

He put her down, and she went over to Molly. “Dink, please, Nana.”

“Of course, sweetheart, come with me,” she said, taking Jamie's hand and leading her to the kitchen.
Jamie had developed a fondness for Muggle soda drinks, and was allowed to have a lemonade every now and then, in just a small dose. Molly kept some in a small bottle just for her. No-one saw her shake the bottle vigorously before she went back outside.

Harry escorted Ginny to a nearby seat. Everyone was feeling relieved that it had ended well; another Jamie incident to laugh about. Sirius and Remus were chuckling at Jamie's latest antics, when she suddenly appeared.

She handed the bottle to Teddy. With the sweetest smile on her cute face, she implored him to 'open it, pees,” then took a couple of steps back.

“No,” yelled Remus and Harry at the same time, but it was too late. Teddy had twisted the cap and broken the seal. The bottle had spewed and spurted all over Teddy's face and chest. He stood there in shock.

Jamie had clapped her hands and laughed. There was silence from everybody else. Despite wanting to tell her off, Harry couldn't help it; he burst out laughing. Even Remus and Tonks joined in the laughter. A quick cleaning charm from Molly set Teddy right, and he and Jamie called a truce.

She went over to Sirius and climbed in his lap. “Wide da bike, Unca Siri?” she asked. “Pees?”

“I think she's training me up to drive the getaway car,” smirked Sirius to Remus. “Better ask your Mum and Dad first, Angel,” he told her.

“Okay,” she agreed. She hopped off his knee, and went to her parents. “Up, Daddy,” she said.

She wound her little arms around his neck and rubbed her satiny cheek against his rough one. “Mumma betta,” she said, looking at Ginny.

“Mumma's all better. You're going to have two brothers soon,” said Ginny. “You're going to be a big sister.”

Hmm, big sister. Jamie liked the sound of that. “Okay. Me wide da bike wiv Unca Siri, pees,” she said.

“Just around the Burrow, no further,” said Harry, sternly. “We have to go home soon, and get ready for Shelly's birthday party.”

Jamie nodded. “Wuv you, Daddy.”

Hannah and Neville had planned to adopt Adam and Amelia, but at the last minute, decided to take Michelle as well. With time, love and patience, Hannah and Neville's tender ways had broken through Michelle's defences. She was still quiet and shy, but had come a long way since Harry and Ginny first met her. Adam had success with his surgery, and had an prosthetic foot attached to his leg. He never let it stop him from doing anything. Both he and Amelia were blooming under Hannah and Neville's care.

As Jamie and Sirius went to go for a ride on his motorcycle, Ginny leaned over to Harry. “And you wanted eight! I can tell you right now, Mister, eight is off the table. Three is now my favourite number.”

Harry heard his daughter give a shriek of delight as Sirius dipped her over the Burrow. He ran his hand over Ginny's swollen abdomen, feeling his sons kick against his palm.

“We'll see,” he murmured with a grin.

He had his ways of getting around his wife. And she loved everyone of them.

It was as easy as that.


Reviews 44
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear