Search:

SIYE Time:16:44 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Everything Has Changed
By Redhead_Irresistable

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Other, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: Everything goes pear-shaped hen Harry's name is mysteriously put into the Goblet of Fire. Ron deserts him, but Hermione is desperate to remain friends with them both. She seeks help and find it, but will this turn out to be one of her better ideas or will it just divide the Golden Trio yet further?
Hitcount: Story Total: 3475



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Just my little experiment, sorry for any errors. Also, all Ron-bashing in this story, along with any other character, will be entirely unintentional.




ChapterPrinter


“All I know since yesterday is everything has changed …”
- Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran: Everything Has Changed

Everything really had changed for Harry James Potter.

"And last but not least, our final competitor is the Hogwarts Triwizard Champion … Cedric Diggory!"

The handsome Hufflepuff boy gained many cheers as he walked to where Fleur and Viktor stood.

"Now we have that over and done with," Dumbledore said, "how about we —"

But before Dumbledore could finish his sentence, the flames of the Goblet changed its colour. The room suddenly heated up as the flames erupted, the pillar of fire nearly touching the ceiling of the Great Hall … and then, everybody saw it. The flames had died down and a tiny little piece of parchment flew down, black around the corners.

It fell into Dumbledore's hand. He held it up to his face and his bright blue eyes moved behind those half-moon spectacles as he read it in his mind.

Harry had a feeling in his stomach. He felt sick. Somehow, judging that something mad had happened to him every year since he was eleven, he knew it was about to happen. Maybe it wasn't even that, maybe it was just he could tell by the way Dumbledore's sparkling eyes darkened. But it didn't matter. Harry could almost see his name written down there through the paper.

"Harry Potter."

Nobody dared to whisper, though Harry could hear them sharply inhale.

"Harry Potter."

Harry swallowed. No matter how hrd he tried to ignore Dumbledore, he couldn't put it off. He knew —

"HARRY POTTER!"

Hermione pushed hm slightly. Harry stumbled, swallowed again, and made his way to the front. He scanned the student population, wonderin who put his name in.

"Cheat!" Somebody accused.

"How did he do it?" Dean Thomas whispered.

"He isn't even old enough, he's fourteen!" Seamus Finnigan was outraged.

Harry stood in front of Dumbledore. The old man, clearly holding back his anger and want to interrogate Harry, held out the piece of paper.

Harry tentatively took it, looked own, and read it. In a handwriting that looked just like his own read, 'Harry Potter'.

His eyes widened slightly, his jaw dropping. He glanced uo at Dumbledore, the man he had grown to love and trust. Harry felt the colour drawn iut of his face as he inspected the words again.

No.

The 'H' was too small, the 'P' too big. The tail of the 'y' was too long. But who would listen to him, the famous arrogant fourth year who only ever sought for more attention, whose tail was fed off lies, who was 'The Boy Who Lived' even though he never did anything, even though he was only a one-year-old at the time?

That was what had happened the previous day. Now, Harry was alone, sitting at the furthest edge of the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall away from everyone else, trying to ignore the burning glares he was receiving, thinking he would feel much more at home if he was homeless sitting on top of a rubbish dump far away from the great Scottish castle he once found refuge in,

Most of the glares were from the Hufflepuff and Slytherin table. Okay, he understood why. Hufflepuff house didn't tend to get much time in the limelight and now they had their chance to represent the enire school, but now, it was also being represented by a Gryffindor. As for the Slytherins, Harry wasn't surprised. They took every chance they got to show everyone else how awful Harry was.

Harry was annoyed at the Ravenclaws, though. Usually they went up against Hufflepuff, why did they suddenly decide Cedric could represent the school better than Harry? Not that Harry was especially bothered about representing Hogwarts; that was the least of his worries.

But if there as any house he was frustrated at the most, it was his own. Gryffindor had been like his only family since coing to Hogwarts, just as McGonagall said one's house would be like before te night of the Sorting that Harry could remember so vividly. Gryffindor had accepted him; he wasn't a genius like Hermione and could never fit into Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff really wasn't for him, and Slytherin, well … just no.

Gryffindor had been brilliant from the beginning. His two best friends had been Sorted into there and Malfoy, whom he at the time only strongly disliked (though that had turned to hate over the years), was in the house that was the enemy of Gryffindor. Now, Harry was alone, deserted, forsaken, and that, from Gryffindor, was pehaps far worse than having to deal with the three deadly tasks or the vile, rumour-spreading journalists.

"Harry?"

Of course, Hermione would try to make things better between him and Ron.

"Look, Hermione, I just need a moment."

"Sometimes when we don't want people to be near us is the time we should have them there," Hermione said. "Harry, like it or not, you are going to listen to me. Meet me down by the Black Lake ten minutes after dinner tonight. If you don't, I'll find you and drag you down myself, and trust me when I say you don't want that. Got it?"

Harry looked up, then sighed, knowing that look on his bushy-haired friend's face all too well. "Sure."

***

"I don't know, Hermione. Are you sure?"

"Positive, Ginny. We have to!"

"Alright then. I'll tell Luna and Crystal if you tell Neville and Hannah."

"Deal."

"Seriously, though, you might want to give this some more thought. What if it goes wrong?"

"Ginny, I am an organised person with common sense, logic and a decent amount of intelligence."

"Understatement much," Ginny murmured.

"Yes, I admit I may be pushing my luck a little here."

"Once again, an understatement."

"But what would life be without risk?"

"Sorry to bother you, but could I see Hermione Jean Granger?"

"Shut up, Ginny, I'm not so obsessed with things being risk-free as you might think I am. The man —"

"Or woman."

"— who never made mistakes was the man —"

"Or woman!"

"— who never did anything wih his —"

"Or HER!"

"— life. Risk is important."

"Sorry, I missed that."

Hermione sighed. "Just go get Luna and Crystal, please."

"Fine," Ginny pranced away.

"If that's what having six older brothers does to a girl, I'm glad I'm an only child," Hermione muttered.
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear