Search:

SIYE Time:7:00 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Healer of his Heart
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 129
Summary: Ginny returns to England, nursing a bruised heart, and intent on focussing on her career. Then she meets Harry Potter.
Hitcount: Story Total: 86706; Chapter Total: 7425
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny left St Mungo's a couple of hours later on a high. Nina had successfully delivered a big beautiful boy. The delivery had gone smoothly, and Ginny had been invited to stay to join the family celebrations. There were many photos taken with her and the baby, which, in honor of the day, they had agreed to call Harry.

She Flooed home from the hospital. For the first time, she wished she had someone to share the news with. She paced, deliberating whether to call Harry. He knew Nina, and she could tell him about his namesake, but she didn't like the way she had left him at Godric's Hollow.

Ginny thought about the little home that stood there. She thought back to Harry's family, who he never got to know. They were buried in the little cemetery. This made her think about her own family. Apart from losing Fred, they were all here, not far away. For the first time in a long time, Ginny wanted to be with her family. Before she could change her mind, she decided to go over there.

She Flooed over to the Burrow. Sure enough, everyone was still there. Arthur was in his chair, sleeping off the big lunch they had shared. Ron and George were playing a game of chess. Ginny knew Hermione was spending the afternoon with her parents. Bill and Charlie were talking about dragons. Ginny assumed Fleur and Angelina were upstairs with the children. Percy and Penny were spending the evening meal with her parents.

Everyone looked as she came through the floo. Her mum came out of the kitchen. “Ginny! Did you forget something?”

Ginny stepped up to her mum and hugged her. “Yeah. I forgot to say how glad I am to be home, and to see all of you.”

Molly started. “Oh. Oh, Ginny, we're so glad you're home with us this year. Arthur, wake up. Ginny's come home. Really come home,” she said, hugging her only daughter again.

Arthur woke. “Wha...what's going on? Ginny's here, you say?”

Ginny went over to her father and knelt down. She hugged him as he sat in his chair. “Yes, Dad. I'm here. And I'll be popping over a lot more. I've missed this place,” she chuckled, looking around.

Not much had really changed in the Burrow, a fact that Ginny found comforting. Her brothers all came around to hug her and welcome her home.

“Mum, could you — oh, good, Ginny, you're here. We were going to Floo you tomorrow. Can you take a look at Penny, please?” asked Percy.

“Well, I can. What's wrong with her?”asked Ginny.

“She's pregnant!” said Percy, proudly.

“What! Another grandchild? Oh., Percy, that's wonderful news,” shrieked Molly, pulling him into a hug.

Amid all the congratulations poured on him, Ginny and Percy finally escaped upstairs to Penny. She was laying on a bed in Ron's old room.

“All this orange is hurting my eyes,” she complained. “Hi, Ginny.”

“Hi, and congratulations. Now, how are you feeling?” asked Ginny.

“Lousy. The morning sickness was pretty bad, but I just feel so big. I'm only ten weeks, yet I'm so tired. I can't keep anything down,” complained Penny. “Is this normal?”

“Let me have a feel. It's certainly worrying if you can't keep anything down. We should get you a potion for that. Hmm...” Ginny ran her hands over Penny's abdomen.

“What? What is it?” demanded Percy, sitting on the bed and taking Penny's hand.

Ginny let out her healing powers. She moved her hands around to confirm her feelings. She smiled.

“Is everything all right with the baby?” asked Penny, nervously.

“Everything is fine with the - babies. You're having twins, which is why you're feeling so tired and so big. I think you should go to St Mungo's tomorrow. They will confirm the twins, and give you something for the nausea.”

“Ginny, we want you to deliver our babies,” said Penny, with a quick look at Percy, who nodded.

“I'd be happy to. Why don't you Floo over to mine tomorrow after you've been to St Mungo's, and we can discuss things there. You might like to join my mothers pregnancy group. I had a woman join just last week, and she's due at a similar time. You might find it helpful to talk to other witches about what you're going through, or you might just make some new friends. Now, lie back, and let me give you a quick massage. This should give you a good night sleep,” assured Ginny.

“Thanks, Ginny,” said Percy. “This is all so exciting, and scary. It will be great to have you show us the way.”

“It's what I do,” smiled Ginny. She barely worked on Penny for five minutes when Penny fell asleep. Percy and Ginny crept out the room.

“I'll see you both tomorrow,” said Ginny, hugging him. “Bye everyone. I'll see you all soon,” she called.

Charlie came over to her. “I'd like to come over soon, see your place. Okay?”

“That would be nice, Charlie.”

Charlie nodded and hugged her goodbye. Ginny Flooed home, feeling better about her family than she had in a long time.

HGHGHG


Harry stayed away from Ginny's for the next two days. On the third day he couldn't take it anymore. On the pretense of asking about Nina, Harry Apparated over there. He was about to knock on her door, when he heard the strangest sound. Going on instinct, Harry knocked and opened the door.

“Hello, it's Harry. Everything okay in here?” he called.

Ginny looked up from the stove where she was stirring a pot. “Hi. Did we have a time booked?”

Harry thought the whole scene was very domesticated. Ginny was looking naturally sexy, in a long flowing skirt and a singlet top, with bare feet. Something delicious was cooking on the stove. All it needed was him to say, “Hi, honey, I'm home.”

“Gin, hey, Gin, got a minute?” a male voice called.

“Sure,” she called back. To Harry she said, “Be right back. Keep stirring, will you?” She handed him the spoon.

The smells from the pot were delicious. Harry recognised a pasta sauce, and his stomach growled, just as Ginny returned.

“I heard that,” she chuckled. “Now, taste please,” she said, holding up a spoon with some pasta sauce for Harry to try.

He opened his mouth and tasted. Hie eyes flicked to her mouth, which he really wanted to be tasting. “It's perfect,” he declared.

“You sure? I think it needs something - more garlic or tarragon? Hmm...” Ginny tried it herself.

“How did things go with Nina?” asked Harry.

“A beautiful ten pound baby boy named Harry, born on July thirty-first. Textbook delivery,” said Ginny, eyes shining.

“Really?” asked Harry, taken aback. “After me?”

Ginny nodded, continuing to stir the pot.

“Well now, that's, uh, great! I came over to look at the therapy room. I'm going to build you that waterfall. I know a bit about construction work. I had to do enough stuff around my relatives house when I was growing up. I remember bits and pieces,” said Harry, a dark look on his face as he remembered the Dursleys.

“Are you sure, Harry? My brother Charlie offered, as well,” said Ginny. “Oh, Dean sketched an idea for one, it's on the table. Why don't you take a look?” said Ginny, pointing.

Dean had sketched her waterfall? He had been there, visiting Ginny? Harry picked up the sketch and had to admit it was pretty good. Maybe better than he could build.

“The more I think about it, the more excited I am to have one,” said Ginny. “My brother Charlie is back there. Charlie,” called Ginny.

An older guy with similar colour hair to Ginny came out of the therapy room. His attention was on Harry.

“Charlie, this is Harry. He came over to look at the room where the waterfall is going to go. Harry, this is my brother, Charlie. Home from Romania, for a week or so.”

“Hey, man, it's good to meet you. You done much work like this?” asked Charlie, shaking his hand.

“Nice to meet you. Romania? The dragon trainer, right? Not for a long time so I'd love your help. We'd get it done quicker, with the two of us. Shall we?” Harry pointed to the room.

Charlie nodded. Ginny called out as they walked away, “I'll need to use the bath soon.”

Each man raised a hand in acknowledgement, engrossed in their plans and Dean's sketch.

They talked for a bit, taking some measurements and making plans. Ginny started to sing as she returned to her stirring. Charlie and Harry looked at each other, aghast.

“Merlin, that's terrible, she's so off-key,” grimaced Charlie.

“Thank God there aren't any babies here,” said Harry, wincing. Now he knew what the strange sound he'd heard when he'd arrived was.

Ginny came to the door. “Will the waterfall idea work?”

Charlie nodded. “Harry and I are done. Can we use the room tomorrow? Should be able to get most of the work done tomorrow. Then just a bit of cosmetic work a day or two later, right Harry?”

“Yep,” agreed Harry. It had been a relief to have Charlie's help there.

“You can explain it all to her. See ya tomorrow.” Charlie slapped Harry on the back, kissed Ginny on the cheek, and left.

“Okay, let me tell you what we've got planned,” started Harry. “Okay, so we'll have it over here. Not too deep, but your mothers can sit in it with their babies, which should be nice. We'll have some steps to get into it, not too many, one or two, three tops, maybe some plants-”

“Ferns would be good. Oh, my mothers and their babies will love it. It's going to be so wonderful,” exclaimed Ginny.

Harry watched her. She really was an extraordinary woman. Her confidence with the babies, her patience, the love she gave so generously, so freely. It was no wonder he loved her. Yet she wouldn't even give them a chance.

“So, I'll be back tomorrow, with Charlie,” said Harry, needing to leave before he pulled her into his arms.

“Oh, you're leaving now?” said Ginny, surprised.

“Yeah, I — ah, things to do, you know,” said Harry.

“Okay. I'll see you tomorrow,” said Ginny. “I'll have pasta for lunch for you and Charlie.”

“Does that mean there'll be more singing?” smirked Harry.

Ginny shot him a look. “Something wrong with my singing?”

“Sorry, speak up. I've lost hearing in my ear,” teased Harry, raising a hand to his ear.

Ginny stared after him, her mouth open. He winked at her as he left.

HPHPHP

Harry whistled cheerfully as he made his way up the street in Hogsmeade. He'd slept so well the last two nights. He felt, no, he knew, that he was mentally healed. He only wished Ginny had been with him when he had woken after that terrible night.

He'd Apparated over to hers the next day and met Charlie, as planned. Ginny had been called to St Mungo's for a delivery. Charlie and Harry had done their best, but the job was a bit too much for them. Neither wanted to let Ginny down, so Charlie said he'd call in reinforcements. They were meeting back at Ginny's tomorrow. Harry couldn't wait to see her.

Harry had spent the morning doing some light exercises when he had received the owl from Sirius. He reminded Harry about a planned poker game when he was following Ginny's plan. Harry had thought Sirius had forgotten about it, and he wasn't particularly bothered. But now he was looking forward to it. Hell, anything to kill some time before he saw Ginny.

Harry waved to Rosmerta, but continued on to the Hogs Head. It was only as he heard his name called that he whipped around to see Sirius calling to him from the Three Broomsticks. He back tracked.

“Hey, don't you usually play poker at Abe's?” asked Harry, cheerfully.

Sirius nodded, looking a bit nervous. “Yeah, well, there's been a change of plans. Rosie's hosting you for lunch here today.”

“Oh, okay. Is there a problem at Abe's?” asked Harry, moving towards the door.

“No, let's just say the view is better here,” smirked Sirius.

He threw open the door and gestured for Harry to enter.

“Gee, it's pretty quiet. There's just one other person here. Are you sure Rosie is open today?” asked Harry, looking around.

“Oh, I'm sure. Actually, Rosie is opening just for you today. Well, you and your guest,” said Sirius.

“My guest? What guest? I don't-”

“Harry? It is you, isn't it? My name is Cho, it's so nice to meet you,” said the other occupant of the Three Broomsticks.

“Um, hello. Yes, I'm Harry. It's nice to meet you too...Cho, was it?” asked Harry, confusion on his face.

“Oh, I guess this is a bit of a surprise for you. But we don't have to make a big deal of this. Your godfather just thought you could do with some feminine company for a change. Shall we go and sit? I picked us a table, but, I guess we can sit anywhere,” laughed Cho.

“You go ahead. I'd just like to have a few words to say to my godfather before he goes. I'll be there soon. Will you order me a butterbeer, please?”

Cho nodded happily, and turned to walk back to the table. Harry rounded on Sirius.

“What the hell?” he demanded.

Sirius raised his arms in surrender. “Hey, this was just to get you to rejoin life. To get out of the house.”

“So you thought you'd fix me up with a woman?” asked Harry.

“Hey, it was Ginny's idea,” said Sirius.

“What?” screamed Harry.

Cho looked up, and Rosmerta poked her head out from the kitchen. Harry smiled weakly at them, before turning back to Sirius.

“Ginny asked you to set me up with a woman?” he asked.

“Not set up. Just reminding you of the good things in life you used to enjoy.”

“Like women,” said Harry, flatly.

“Hey, I figured Ginny's been right about everything else, she was right about this. She obviously knew I was the man who knew a few women, so she fire-called me. I'd met Cho a time or two, she's kind of had a crush on you from afar, or so I've heard,” said Sirius.

Harry brushed his hands through his hair in frustration. “Look, I can't keep this poor woman waiting any longer. But no more, understand?”

Sirius nodded. “Enjoy lunch,” he smirked.

'Fat chance', thought Harry. This Cho might be pretty, and they may have a decent conversation, but she just wasn't Ginny.

He made his way to the table, to find Cho had ordered wine. Cho quickly picked up on his displeasure with Sirius about this whole blind date thing. Her mouth trembled and a flush ran up her neck and covered her cheeks. Harry was pretty sure there was a sheen of tears in her eyes. Harry felt lousy. She couldn't help the fact that she wasn't Ginny.

“So, Cho, tell me about your life,” encouraged Harry.

The tears went away and the dam burst. Cho spent the whole of their main meal talking about her courtship with Cedric Diggory at Hogwarts and their marriage the year after they graduated. Cedric been on the uptrack in his career when he'd had been killed in a Muggle car accident.

Through dessert, Harry heard of Cho's battle with her evil in-laws over Cedric's will. How she had to settle for far less than Cedric had wanted her to have. How she had to get away to Europe last year to recover from the stress. How much she missed having a man in her life.

Cho decided to have a coffee after dessert. Harry peeked over her shoulder at the clock on the wall. Two hours! He sighed. He had to get out of there.

“So, what are your plans for the rest of the day?” asked Harry.

“Oh, nothing much. I...have a room here,” purred Cho, suggestively.

“Oh, good. I was going to see you home, but I guess I won't have to. I really need to get going. Hey, this was...interesting. It was nice to meet you,” said Harry, standing up.

“Wait! I mean, I was wondering...could I have an autograph?” asked Cho.

“What?” asked Harry, then, remembering his manners, “Pardon?”

“Well, you are the Most Eligible Wizard in our world. I don't suppose you have any photos you could sign. Damn, I should have brought my camera,” muttered Cho.

Harry stared at her. Was she for real? “I really need to go. Feel free to add a bottle of elf made wine to the bill. It's on Sirius, after all. Bye.”

Harry called out a goodbye to Rosmerta, confirming with her that Sirius was footing the bill. Then, without a glance back, he walked out the door.

HGHGHG

The next day he went to Ginny's. He knocked on the door, and went in. Ginny was on her knees, as she had one of her Mothers and Baby massage classes going on. They were all used to Harry now, so they all called out a greeting. He stopped to greet Nina, and praised her handsome son. He then straightened up and walked into the therapy room, noting Charlie and his reinforcements weren't there yet.

Ginny appeared in the doorway, still holding a baby. “Got your hands full, I see. Cute,” he said, dropping a kiss on her nose.

Ginny frowned. 'Did he mean her or the baby?' “How are you?”

“Couldn't be better,” assured Harry.

Ginny was surprised at his perky tone. “No aches or pains, no headaches?”

“Nope. Matter of fact, I saw the DMLE healer today. He hasn't seen me in about four months. Claimed I looked alive for the first time in a long time,” smiled Harry.

“And you had a good time with Sirius yesterday?” asked Ginny.

Harry looked at her. “You know, Gin, I think it did what you wanted it to do for me- it jolted me good. Now, I can hear the babies crying, so you better get back out there.”

He turned his back on her and started laying out some tools. He started to whistle. Ginny stared at his back, before she left the room.

The mothers and their babies were in a circle, the babies laying naked on mats. Some of the mums looked frazzled and tired, which was why Ginny had started the program. She worked with each mum and baby individually, answering queries and helping with massage techniques. But her mind kept wandering down the hall, and soon she just couldn't keep away.

“Hey,” she called out to him. “Wasn't Charlie supposed to be helping you?”

“Hey. Yeah, he should be here soon. We knew you had a class today. Is it over? Ginny?”

“Huh? Oh, ah, not yet. Fifteen more minutes, or so,” said Ginny, trying not to drool over his bare back, and the way the old jeans hugged his ass so fine. “So, you had a good time yesterday?”

“Yeah, I'll say. Hey, how fast do you want the water to flow? I think this shower head is too fast. Maybe one with a softer flow,” said Harry.

“Sure, sure, anything. So, whatever you did with ...Sirius, you think you might do it again?”

A baby cried. “Your class is probably wondering where you are,” said Harry, getting up and walking towards her.

His naked chest was covered with dust. She could smell his masculine sweaty fragrance. She was mesmerised by the look in his eyes as he got closer. He leaned in to speak softly to her.

“I think it's cute, Gin. You trying to set me up with other women. Do you want to know if I kissed her?”

“N-no,” stuttered Ginny.

“Do you want to know if I considered-”

“No!” said Ginny, forcefully.

“Because I'd tell you if you asked me, Gin. I'll be honest with you, no matter what. You'd be honest with me, too, wouldn't you Gin?” asked Harry.

“Of course I would,” stammered Ginny, knowing holding back the truth was almost the same as a lie. “I need to get back to my class.”

“I know you do,” said Harry softly, running a dirty finger down her cheek.

“We'll talk later,” said Ginny, licking her lips.

Harry's eyes darkened as he watched her tongue. “We should get most of the waterfall done today. Then, later, we'll talk.”

He leaned over and brushed his lips softly against hers. Ginny let out a small moan.

Harry broke from the kiss, turning her around and smacking her bum softly. “Go, while you can,” he growled.

Ginny left, suddenly feeling light hearted. She went back to her mothers group. It was the end of her class, so she went around talking to the mums, to make up for the time she'd been with Harry.

She wondered at the strange looks and giggles she was getting, until later when she happened to glance in the mirror and see Harry had traced a dirty lightening bolt on her cheek, and left a dusty handprint on her butt cheek when he had playfully smacked her.















Reviews 129
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear