Search:

SIYE Time:12:13 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Healer of his Heart
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 129
Summary: Ginny returns to England, nursing a bruised heart, and intent on focussing on her career. Then she meets Harry Potter.
Hitcount: Story Total: 86579; Chapter Total: 7105
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
This was another one of my favourite chapters to write. I always hesitate when I read or go towrite stories with the Dursleys in them. Would/Could Harry forgive their treatment? Would he allow his children to meet them, interact with them? We all know family is important to Harry. In this chapter, Harry has his breakthrough. Enjoy...




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry spent the afternoon in Muggle London. He was trying to find the perfect gift for Ginny for her birthday. He was debating whether she'd like a visit to a day spa, so she could get some pampering for herself for a change. Maybe he could get one for Tonks too, and they could go together. He knew they had become close friends. He decided to grab a bite of lunch in the cafe and think about it.

He enjoyed a nice quiche and a coffee. Happy with his decision about the spa, he prepared to go back and purchase a pamper package for the two ladies. He was just crossing the street and prepared to go around the corner, when he bumped into some people coming from the opposite direction. A couple of parcels fell to the ground.

“I'm so sorry,” apologised Harry, although both parties were equally to blame.

“YOU!”

Harry had knelt to pick up the parcels, but raised his head at the contempt in the voice His head snapped up and his face paled. “Hello, Petunia.”

His lack of the word 'aunt' made her flinch. As did the coldness of his tone. “Harry,” she said.

“Harry? Hey, Harry, it's me, Dudley. How are you? God, it's been so long since we've seen you,”
said Dudley, pumping Harry's hand in a handshake.

Harry turned his stony look at Petunia to his cousin. Dudley had lost a lot of weight, and was smiling cheerfully at him.

“Hello, Dudley,” said Harry, reluctantly.

“Where have you been? What have you been doing? Are you still — you know, one of them,” Dudley dropped his voice down to a whisper.

Harry smirked. “Yes, I'm still one of them. It's not something you can just throw away, you know.”

Dudley nodded eagerly. “We heard you won. Against that guy.”

Harry just looked at him and nodded. His gaze swung back to Petunia and he found her staring at him.

“We hoped you might come and see us. After, I mean,” continued Dudley.

“Why?” asked Harry.

“Well, we, you know, we're family,” said Dudley.

Harry laughed without mirth. “Family? You think we're family? When was I ever treated like family? Sleeping in the cupboard under the stairs for years. Is that what family does? Not any family I know,” he said, contemptuously.

“Hush,” said Petunia, nervously looking around.

Harry turned to look at her. She shrank back from the coldness in his eyes. “Family is more than the blood that flows in your veins. I have a family who love me, and look out for me. They accept me and help me.”

“Are — are you married, Harry? Kids?” asked Dudley, timidly.

“No, not yet. Soon, I hope,” said Harry.

“Well, that's great. She must be a pretty special woman. Or is she, ah, is she...?”

“She's like me,” said Harry.

“Oh. Good,” nodded Dudley.

“I have to go. I wish I could say it was good to see you, but...goodbye.”

Harry took two steps away, when he felt someone hold him back. He turned to see Petunia grab hold of his sleeve. “I-I'm so sorry. I know it probably doesn't help much now, but I am.”

Harry looked into her mind, doing Legilimancy on her. He saw Vernon grabbing his chest. He saw Petunia and Dudley at a cemetery. He saw a happy Petunia pottering around in her home, smiling and singing.

“So, Vernon is dead,” said Harry, pulling out of her mind.

“Yes,” whispered Petunia, not sure of what Harry had just done to her.

“You're still at Privet Drive?” asked Harry.

Petunia nodded. “I wish you a long and happy life, Harry.”

Harry tried to hold back his anger and yes, he tried to hold back the tears.

“I have to go. Bye,” he said, curtly.

He walked away, without looking back. He heard Dudley call out a “See ya, Harry,” and if he had turned, he would have seen Dudley's hand raised in farewell and Petunia dabbing at her eyes.

HGHGHG


Ginny was home alone. She had just finished her pasta meal and was flicking through Quidditch Monthly magazine. She promised herself she would try to get tickets to the next Harpies match if she could.

The floo flared up. “Ginny. Ginny!”

Ginny knelt in front of the fire. She could see Remus's face in it. “Hi, Remus,” she greeted.

“Can you come over to Grimmauld Place? It's Harry. He's pretty bad.”

“Of course. Just give me a couple of minutes, and I'll be there,” said Ginny.

She stepped through the floo minutes later. Tonks and Remus were pacing in the lounge, the room she had seen Harry in that first day.

“What happened?” she asked.

“We don't know. He spent the late morning and early afternoon in Muggle London. When he returned, he was really quiet. He said he'd go to bed early, as he was getting a headache. Sirius went up to check on him about five minutes ago, and found him in a bad way. He was really agitated.”

Ginny frowned. “That doesn't sound usual.”

“I know. Sirius even tried to restrain him, so he wouldn't fall off the bed and hurt himself. I've never seen him like this. I don't even know if you can help him.”

“I'm going up,” said Ginny. She followed Remus and Tonks up the stairs. They found Sirius standing at the door, keeping an eye on Harry.

“Red, thanks for coming. Please, help him. It's killing me, to see him this way,”implored Sirius.

“I'll do my best, Sirius,” said Ginny gently, moved to see the charming man so upset like this.

She went inside.

Harry was tossing and turning, sometimes violently off the bed. His back would arch, as if he were in pain on his back. His head moved from side to side, and he mumbled words that Ginny couldn't make out. He had sleep pants on and no top. Ginny could see the sheen of sweat on his chest.

Ginny opened her bag and took out her favourite oils. Lavender for calming. Rosemary to help with his headache. She decided to also add lemongrass. She added her favourite carrier oil, and stepped up to Harry's bed. She lay her hands on either side of his head.

He stilled. As Ginny started to stroke, he seemed to lean into her hands. His face seemed strained, as if he was struggling to remember something important.

“Ginny,” he rasped, weakly.

“I'm here, Harry,” she said softly.

“Not...not a headache,” he said. “Nightmare.”

“Is this helping?” she asked, moving from his forehead to his cheeks and ears.

“Always...helps...when you...touch me,” said Harry, smiling weakly.

Ginny moved down to his jaw and neck. “Are you flirting with me, Harry?” she teased gently.

Harry tried to smile, but it came out as a grimace. “Is...it..working?” he asked.

Ginny ignored his question. “Are you in pain, Harry?”

He shook his head. Ginny moved down further, focusing on his neck. It was so tight.

“Do you want to talk about the nightmare? Or even what brought it on?” asked Ginny.

“Saw someone,” said Harry. He grabbed her hands to stop her. “'m fine.”

“Harry, you're not fine. Would you like me to get Sirius, or Remus?” Ginny started to move away from the bed.

“No!” said Harry, pulling her back to him. “No. Please, stay.”

“Okay.” Ginny sat on the bed. Harry moved over, and patted the bed to indicate he wanted her to lay down with him. Ginny didn't hesitate. The pain emanating from Harry was strong, and she knew this was what had been blocking him all this time.

“I was born in Godric's Hollow, but after my parents died, I went to stay with my mum's sister and her family. Sirius was in Azkaban. Remus was...lost. My dad and Sirius were his family.”

“Your mum's sister is a Muggle, isn't she?” asked Ginny softly. She lay on her side, facing him. He lay on his back, staring up at the ceiling.

“Yeah. They...they hated anything to do with magic. My aunt was jealous of my mum, and my uncle, well, he was a bully. A sadistic bully,” said Harry, sharply.

“What happened, Harry?” asked Ginny gently.

“As soon as I was old enough, I had to cook breakfast for them. My uncle, aunt and their son, Dudley. He was just a bit older than me. He didn't have to do anything. I had to do the gardening from the age of five. I-I lived in the cupboard under the stairs for years,” said Harry, unable to look Ginny in the eye.

“What? You didn't have a bedroom of your own?” asked Ginny, shocked.

Harry shook his head. “Dudley had the spare room as a play room for his toys. He was spoilt rotten. I-I got nothing. Nothing for my birthday, nothing for Christmas. I was reminded each and everyday that I was an unwanted burden on them. Once they found out I was magical, they called me a freak.”

“Oh, Harry,” sighed Ginny, her heart breaking for this man.

In the hall, Sirius leaned against the wall, tears running down his cheek. Remus slid down the wall, resting his head on his knees, ashamed at his weakness when Harry had needed him the most. He had been the only family Harry knew, and in his grief, he had abandoned Harry at the worst time.

“I tried to do what they wanted. I cooked, I cleaned. I had to do the gardening and mow the lawn. I painted the house, and I kept out of trouble. Dudley and his friends soon realised they could pick on me, and my uncle wouldn't care. I started to do accidental magic, to protect myself from being beaten and bullied. It just made things worse, particularly with my uncle.”

Harry turned on his side to face Ginny. He wiped a tear away from her cheek. “One day, my uncle's sister came to visit. She really hated me. She was even worse this time. Started saying horrible things about my mum. I got really angry and...I blew her up. Like a big ole balloon,” quipped Harry.

“Well, the Ministry had to come and restore her. I got a warning about using under-age magic. I was ten. They sent me an owl. When I didn't respond, they came to the house. Uncle Vernon didn't want to let them in. I had to bang on the door, so they knew where I was.” He ran his fingers through Ginny's hair.

“Why didn't you respond, Harry?” asked Ginny, almost fearing the answer.

“Uncle Vernon beat the shit out of me, and threw me into my cupboard. They got me out and took me to St Mungo's. I-I really hoped they'd tell me I never had to go back, but Dumbledore said I had to.”

“Dumbledore?” gasped Ginny.

Harry nodded. “I don't know why. I didn't care. As soon as I was better and heard them talking about sending me back, I got out of there. I crept out and caught the Knight Bus to Diagon Alley. It's where Sirius found me.”

“I'm so glad he did,” said Ginny.

Out in the hall, Sirius bent over as if in pain.

Harry ran his fingers through her hair, then down her cheek. She leaned her face against his palm.

“My last Auror mission, we'd been tracking this gang of wizards who were making bad potions. It had taken us six months to nail them, and we'd finally tracked them to a house in Ireland. We'd surrounded it, thinking it was empty apart from them.”

Ginny nodded, her eyes connecting with his.

“Turns out it was the home of a single mother. One of the wizards had pretended to romance her, to get access to her house. It was in quite a secluded area, so perfect for them. Once he moved in, he let the other wizards come and stay. We reckon they'd all been there at least a month, brewing potions. There was supposed to be delivery of the tainted potions the next day.”

Harry rolled back to lay on his back again. He brought Ginny with him. She lay her head on his shoulder, tracing circular patterns on his chest with her fingers.

“Our team of Aurors were working with the Irish team. We surrounded the house, forcing them to come out. They came out, using the woman and her son as a shield.”

Ginny drew in a breath.

“There was a bit of a stand-off, but our team is good. We managed to get the mother and son to safety, and arrest the gang. It was only as we were preparing to transport them to Azkaban, that one got free, and ran back inside.”

“The mother started freaking out. Turns out she had another son, and the bad wizards had punished him, and put him in the cupboard...”

“Under the stairs,” guessed Ginny.

“Yes. When I heard that, I just ran back to the house to get him. I got to the front door and I could hear him, pounding on the door.”

“Just like you did all those years ago.”

“I don't know what happened next. Th-there was an explosion, and I was thrown back. I don't know if the wizard set off the spell deliberately, or whether one of our spells reacted to the potions they were brewing. The house went up. The boy...” Harry couldn't go on.

“Harry,” said Ginny, tightening her hold on him. She placed a kiss over his heart.

“I was in Muggle London today, and I bumped into my aunt and my cousin. They acted as if they wanted to be...close. My uncle died several months ago.”

“After all this time? Had they ever made any attempt to see you before today?” asked Ginny.

Harry smiled. “You're so smart. No, not to my knowledge.”

“Is it something you think you need to do? Or want to?” asked Ginny.

“No. It just pissed me off, when they started talking about family. Family doesn't do what they did to me. I'd lost my parents, and they treated me like a dog. I don't need them, and I can't pretend what they did to me didn't hurt. It does.”

“Of course it does. You were a child. They had a duty of care to you. Instead, it sounds like they treated you like a slave. You don't owe them anything, Harry,” said Ginny.

“I know. But I just couldn't get them out of my head, and now I feel like they're back in my life, and I don't want that. Being in my head gives them power, and they've had enough power over me. Help me, Gin. Help me get them out of my head, please,” said Harry, bringing his face to meet hers.

“Of course. Lay back and close your eyes,” said Ginny.

They swapped positions, and Harry lay with his head on Ginny's shoulder. “Thank you,” he whispered. “Just for being here.”

He placed a kiss on her cheek. A simple kiss.He closed his eyes.

Ginny started. “I want you to picture a rainbow. The brightest, most colourful rainbow you can. You are at one end of the rainbow and I'm going to walk you to the other end, okay? We're going to leave all that stuff, all those bad memories and the pain on this side of the rainbow.”

Harry nodded. Ginny let out her healing power, and Harry breathed easier.

“The rainbow is just like a tunnel. Just like a real rainbow, the first part is red. I want you to take a step, then another. Feel the red. I want you to feel it, taste it, smell it. There's a lot of energy in that colour, isn't there? Passion, anger. High emotion...keep walking.”

“We're going to keep moving, slowly, as we make our way through all the red. We're going to go into the orange. Can you feel how bright and colourful the orange is? Now we're moving into yellow. It's warm...healing...sunny. It's a happy colour, and it's all around you. You're bathing in it; drenched in it.

Ginny stroked his head, ran her fingers through his hair. She talked softly; soothing. Lovingly. She could feel the block in Harry slowly crumble away. It gave her pleasure, that she was the one who could relax him; the one he trusted enough to open up and tell his deepest thoughts and fears.

“You're doing so well. We're now moving from the yellow, and going into the green. The green is so beautiful. You can almost smell all the green things — the grass and the leaves. The emerald is so alive, so full of life.”

“And now we come to the end. We're moving into the blue. It's a beautiful, deep, rich royal blue. But not dark. This blue is a clear blue. It's the blue colour that makes you think of peace. There's no stress in this blue. No worries. No fears. Can you feel the blue, Harry?”

Harry sighed sleepily. “Yeah, I can feel your damn blue, Gin.”

Ginny smiled. “Okay. You did it. You're at the end of the rainbow, and all that bad stuff is behind you. Take a deep breath...how do you feel?”

Harry yawned. “Sleepy.”

“Then sleep, Harry. Sleep easy. Nothing can hurt you anymore. You did it. You're on the other side of the rainbow.”

Harry turned and nuzzled her neck. “Stay with me?”

“Yes, Harry, I'll stay with you,” whispered Ginny.

Harry didn't hear, he was already asleep. Ginny let out a wave of her healing power. It went over Harry, and Ginny felt no blocks anymore.

Harry was free. He was healed. And Ginny knew she was in love with him.

Out in the hall, Sirius and Remus cried together.



Can I just add a huge THANKYOU for all the lovely DSTA nominations, it really means a lot. Cheers to you all xx




Reviews 129
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear