Search:

SIYE Time:19:31 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Healer of his Heart
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 129
Summary: Ginny returns to England, nursing a bruised heart, and intent on focussing on her career. Then she meets Harry Potter.
Hitcount: Story Total: 86682; Chapter Total: 8124
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
For Prof McGonagall, who's on pins and needles!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny had just returned from dinner at the Burrow when Remus fire-called her.

“Can you come over for Harry again?”

“Can't,” she said.

“He asked for you,” said Remus.

She believed that as much as she believed the twins when she was younger, when they told her to 'trust them', as she had tried a new item they had invented.

“Look, if Harry calls and asks me to come, I'll set up a time with him. Tonight, I've got things to do, like wash my hair,” said Ginny. A girl's oft used excuse.

“This is about your hair?” asked Remus, incredulously.

“No, it's about me not believing Harry asked for me,” said Ginny, cheerfully.

“Oh. Okay. Bye,” said Remus.

Ginny got changed into some casual clothes, and was trying to decide what colours she wanted to paint the walls when she heard a voice in her fire. She leaned down and saw Sirius's face.

“Ginny! Did I mention the last time I saw you that I think I might be falling in love with you?”

Ginny laughed. “I swear, you two! The answer is no. I'm not intruding anymore on Harry, unless he asks me himself.”

“Come on, Red! I'm actually quite a catch. I'm wealthy and handsome, what more does a girl want? I've never been tempted to marry, but for you-”

“You know, that's quite an offer, but the answer is still no,” said an amused Ginny.

Sirius sighed. “Ginny, please. Harry is in real trouble. He did really well for a couple of days after you left, but now he's worse. I don't think he's slept in twenty-four hours. To see him sitting in that dark room, doing nothing, well, it's killing me and Moony.”

“If you guys can't get through to him, why on earth would you think I could do anything? I can't just go over there and bully him-” started Ginny.

Sirius interrupted. “You did before!”

“He was so bad he probably would have let the devil in if he thought he could help,” said Ginny, defiantly.

“You're the only one who has even made a dent in that pain of his. You're our godsend, Red. Our angel. Our-”

“Stop, I don't want to hear another word!” said Ginny, exasperated.

“So how soon can you get here?” asked a cheeky Sirius.

HGHGHG

Harry stood under the pelting hot shower and closed his eyes. He might have decided to give up on eating and sleeping, but nothing would keep him from a shower. Sometimes twice or three times a day. The hotter the better.

He lazily ran the washcloth over his body. His fingers traced the locket scar he had on his chest. Seared forever. Just another reminder of his encounters with Voldemort. He ran the washcloth lower, over his once taut abdomen. There was no taste in his food; so what was the point in eating?

He ran the cloth lower, feeling his lower body come to life. Not that he ever imagined having sex again. To get it up and follow through meant caring about someone. He knew that wasn't going to happen again. Still, for some reason, it seemed important to him that everything was working down there.

When the hot water started to cool, Harry turned off the shower and stepped out. He moved gingerly. He took his second step, and stopped. Just that slight movement had left him feeling dizzy and disorientated. He placed both hands on the basin, and tried to breathe through his nose.

Another headache was coming. Harry knew he had to get out of the bathroom and settled somewhere safer. He needed the sanctuary of his bedroom. Yet, right now, the ten feet or so he needed to take to get there, well, he might as well be walking along the Great Wall of China.

From what seemed like a distance, he heard Sirius call out to him. “In here,” called Harry, hating the weakness in his voice.

Maybe Sirius could help him get to his bedroom. Harry leaned over, his hands on his knees. Beads of water fought with beads of sweat, both running down his face. He needed a towel. He'd get it...in a minute.

“Harry?” called Sirius.

Harry could hear the worry and protectiveness in his voice. He knew Sirius and Remus felt angry at anyone and anything that hurt him. He also knew that they were willing to do anything to make it better, despite Harry telling them there was nothing they could do.

“You can come in,” said Harry.

The door opened. Harry straightened, not wanting to see the worry in Sirius's eyes again, when he saw Harry in pain.

“Hey, Harry, look who's — oh, shit,” groaned Sirius.

Harry saw a petite figure with red-gold hair standing in the door frame. Brown eyes studied him; made him think of chocolate. Freckles that ran across the bridge of her nose. A soft, sweet mouth.

Harry remembered her. She was a woman that was hard to forget.

Her gaze met his, then dropped below his waist, then shot straight back to up to his eyes, a blush on her cheeks.

“Aw, damn, Harry, I'm sorry we barged in,” said Sirius.

Harry grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist. He was sure Ginny had noted all the scars and marks on his body; as well as the main event.

“Well now, did I forget calling for a physical therapist?” he asked, sweetly, dangerously.

“Cub, I told you, she's not like the other PT's. She's more like a masseuse.”

“Yeah, I remember,” said Harry, looking Ginny in the eye. “Well, that's one part of my body that I know is still working fine. So go on home.”

Ginny sighed. Harry thought she'd be pissed off, but instead she looked amused. “Sex would probably be the best thing for you right now, but you're out of luck. I've had no training in that,” she said.

“Really? No training, you say,” quipped Harry.

Sirius was watching them both warily, his eyes darting back and forth.

“Well, aren't you feeling spicier today,” she said.

This banter seemed to lift his spirits. “So, you're trained as a physical therapist, but you gave that up to become a masseuse. What the hell for?” asked Harry.

“So I can get my hands on naked men, of course. Why else?” quipped Ginny back to him.

Sirius let out a bark of laughter. Harry couldn't take his eyes off her. She was so damn...zesty. He realised he'd have to try harder to annoy her.

“I think you wouldn't have any trouble getting your hands on naked men, without having to bother guys who aren't interested,” he said, leaning against the sink.

“You know, you're right. Getting naked men is easy. But easy guys never turned me on. I like a challenge,” she said, her brown eyes blazing.

“A challenge to you is barreling into a guy's house who never asked you?” he said.

Ginny smiled. She knew what he was doing. “Not usually. But I'm making an exception for you because you're so darn adorable that I want to get my hands on you. What can I say? You really get my wand in a knot, cutie.”

It was such an outright lie, that Harry stood there with his mouth open, starting at her. His eyes narrowed. “You're so full of shit, I can't believe it,” he snapped.

“What makes you think I'm full of shit?” she snapped back.

“Because you're not even remotely promiscuous,” snapped Harry. Merlin knew how he knew that, even after hearing her talk about all the naked men. She just didn't come across as easy. In fact, beneath her frisky, tough facade, Harry sensed a vulnerability in her.

Ginny's hands formed into small fists, and she placed them on her hips. “How do you know I'm not promiscuous?”

“All right, so I don't know it. I don't know you. But I bet it's been awhile since your last lover,” said Harry.

For a brief millisecond, Harry caught something in her eyes. Never mind the gorgeous hair, and the hot body, and all that sensuality reeking from her. Harry somehow knew he'd hit the spot.

Ginny flipped her hair. “For all you know, I'm happily married and have been having sex three times a day with my husband. Four on the weekend.”

Sirius gasped in amusement. Both Harry and Ginny ignored him, their eyes on each other.

“You're married?” asked Harry, shocked.

Ginny rolled her eyes. “No, I'm not married. Look, this is getting us nowhere. How did we get so far off topic? Do you want another head rub? You've got another bad headache coming on, don't you?”

Harry could feel it. This one was going to be bad; he could tell. But for a brief moment, he'd forgotten. He'd almost forgotten his pain, his injuries, his depression. That he was standing naked in front of her, except for a towel. Forgotten that Sirius was in the middle of them.

She'd distracted him, something no-one else had been able to do. It shook Harry up. He dropped the teasing tone.

“You're right. I've got another headache coming on. But I don't need anyone's help to handle it.”

Without another word, he stalked down the hall to his bedroom, where he firmly closed the door without looking back. He didn't cast the locking spell, he didn't need to.

No-one called after him. No-one tried to get in. Harry knew his uncles meant well, and they both seemed taken with Ginny.

He sighed. He really didn't mean to take out his surliness on her, but something about Ginny really bugged him. Really, really got to him. The problem was weird and unsettling. But not complicated.

All he had to do was stay away from her, right? Piece of cake.

Reviews 129
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear