Search:

SIYE Time:13:24 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


"Right under your Nose"
By Mish24A

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 10
Summary: 3 years after the end of the war. AU Harry/Ginny story.

In this story Fred is ALIVE. I'm sorry I just can't kill one of my favorite twin!
Hitcount: Story Total: 6334



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
In need of someone to beta read my stories, very new to writing FF. And any criticism always welcome :) Thank you for reading MishkaX




ChapterPrinter


“Will you hurry up please?”

“I’m nearly done Ginny, geez a girls gotta look her best when she goes out. There could be some handsome blokes there you know,” Susan replied in a playful tone.

“I’m all for finding myself a good looking charming bloke, but they are as rare as time off from work these days. Besides remember the last bloke I met at the pub? He was as mental as Rita Skeeter, kept going on about aliens working for the ministry” Ginny involuntary shuddered but continued, “I think I'll stick to get my drinks in pubs, thank you."

As Susan was finishing up in her room Ginny checked her appearance one more time; she decided to go with a simple look. She wore a navy lace skater dress, with gold accessories and her gold flats. Make up really was not Ginny’s strong point; she suppose it was due to the fact that she did not have any sisters to teach her how to do make up, so she settled for some red lipstick and eye liner.

She was really looking forward to getting out. Ever since she and Susan moved in together they have never really had any time to get out; with Susan’s busy schedule at the Daily prophet and Ginny's shifts at St Mungo’s there simply wasn't much time to hang out with her friends. Their jobs kept them pretty busy.

“Susan seriously, it’s been 15 minutes, you're nearly as bad as Lavender.”

“I’m done, just grabbing a jacket,” Susan said. Ginny could hear the shuffling of feet confirming that Susan was done.

“You do know that Hermione and Luna are already waiting on us, Miss Hogwarts?”

“Let’s go,” Susan said and disappeared with an audible pop. Ginny following soon after muttering some profanities that no mother would be proud of.

When Ginny arrived at the pub she found that Susan had already tracked down Hermione and Luna. They were seated at a table in the far corner of the room, the pub was packed. She ordered some drinks then joined them at the table.

“Ginny, what took you so long?”

“Ordered some drinks first,” she said. ”We are celebrating after all, aren't we Hermione?”

All eyes turned to the bushy-headed girl and she turned a shade of red that would put any Weasley to shame. She held up her left hand and sure enough there was a simple silver band with a princess cut diamond; the ring was beautiful. Hermione smiled and launched into the story of how Ron proposed.

The night went by in a blur of drinks, laughing and random guys trying to chat them up. Ginny finally excused herself to the loo just as Susan started asking Hermione if Ron was as good as he looked. If there was one thing she did not want to know it was about her brother's performance in the bedroom. It was bad enough having walked in on them once. She wondered how Harry managed to hang out with them all these years; if they weren't arguing they were shagging like bunnies.

She made her way to the bathroom; she nearly groaned out loud when she realized that it was on the other side of the room. She stumbled slightly and walked to the bathroom. She heard several low whistles as she passed some guys, who were clearly more pissed than her.

She mentally patted herself when she reached the bathroom without making a complete idiot of herself. When Ginny arrived back at the table she sat down on her seat, she realized that in the five minutes she was gone, somehow Luna had passed out, Susan had found a guy and the three red-headed boys and a few other guys managed to join their table.

“How long was I gone?” she asked to no-one in particular.

“Twenty minutes,” came a voice from behind her tickling her neck, she suddenly felt a blush creep up when she realized who the voice belong to. Harry Potter always showing up when she least expected him, being all noble and sweet and staring at her with the most beautiful eyes in the world. It just made her want to jump on him kiss him senseless and if his lips taste and felt and good as they looked. 'I’d probably shag him senseless too,' she thought.

“And how would you know how long I've been in the bathroom Potter? Are you stalking me?” Ginny said tartly as she turned around to face Harry. ‘Did I just say that?’ SHIT!' she thought. Her mind just had to choose this exact moment to be a complete and utter sarcastic bitch. Life really wasn't fair.

When she saw Harry she couldn't help but laugh; he looked completely gob smacked. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, unable to form a response. Instead he shook his head a few times as to clear it and smiled at her. That smile that made her want to melt into him. She must have been staring because the next thing she heard was someone clearing there throat loudly, shaking her out of her little day dream. The famous Weasley blush coloured her cheeks.

“If you and Harry and could look away from one another long enough to pass the chips I would really appreciate that,” Ron said rather loudly, staring pointedly at them.

Everyone at the table looked at them; it was the first time Ginny could actually make out everyone there. Ron, the twins, Lee Jordan, Seamus and even Dean were there. She was still looking at everyone when she felt Harry sit down next to her and pass the chips to Ron. He cleared his throat to get her attention. “Okay there Gin?” he asked a slight smile playing on his lips.

“I’m fine,” she said quickly. Truth be told she was a little drunk and very light-headed and the fact that Harry’s thigh kept bumping against her bare leg under the table was not helping her much.

Small talk was being made all around the table and all too soon the upcoming Quidditch Championships became the topic of discussion, making her forget all about Harry as she started her all too familiar debate Harpies vs. Cannons debate with her brother. The twins bought a round of Tequila Shots followed by a round of Firewhisky soon after that. The rest of the night went by in a blur of blue shots and Quidditch talk.

"All I’m saying is that there is no way the Harpies can beat the Tornadoes, Gin."

"Just because Tornadoes have Oliver Wood does not mean they are better than the Harpies!"

"Oliver lives the sport and you know it Gin! he rarely let’s a Quaffle through the hoops. Harpies haven’t won a cup in ages and Tornadoes are undefeated champions two years in a row," Harry said proudly.

"Yeah well things change, don’t underestimate the Harpies, Potter," Ginny said.

Harry was looking at her in the most peculiar way when she decided that maybe she was way too drunk to be arguing with the youngest Seeker in a century. She stood up on shaky feet. "Right I’m going to leave now, Mr Potter, before I make a complete ass of myself," she said as she stumbled forward.

"Maybe I should take you home, Gin," Harry said, standing to follow her out.

"Are you trying to get in my pants Potter?" she whispered, smiling sweetly at Harry. 'Merlin’s pants what did I just say!' she thought.

"Technically you're wearing a dress," Harry replied eyeing her from head to toe making her squirm then smirking at her.

If Ginny wasn't so drunk, she would have sworn he was flirting with her. But she was drunk; she shook her head to clear it. She caught Harry’s eye, smiled at him, bit her lip, then starting walking away slowly swaying her hips a little more than usual, giving a Harry a very good view of her backside and legs.

“Like what you see Potter?” George asked.

Harry’s head snapped to him so quickly he nearly cracked his neck, making the twins howl with laughter.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear