Search:

SIYE Time:12:36 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Bond
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 72
Summary: After Ginny helps Harry defeat Voldemort, a bond forms between them. A worried Molly, knowing of a prophecy that involves Ginny, tries to keep them apart. AU *slight Molly bashing*
Hitcount: Story Total: 44312; Chapter Total: 5326
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
So, the Molly bashing is getting mixed reviews. There's a bit of relief from that in this chaper, as we get back to the real reason for the story-Harry and Ginny (with a little bit of Sirius!!) Enjoy!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny breathed in the smell of the sea air. “Merlin that feels good. I can't thank you enough, both of you, for getting me out of there.”

Bill smiled at his sister. “It's fine, Gin. A bit of sunshine and sea air will do you good, at least that's what I told Mum. I'm sorry the room is so small,” he said, looking around.

Ginny shrugged, smiling at him. “It's fine. What do I need a big room for? I'm going to be out on the beach all day.”

Fleur came in, and dropped some fresh sheets and towels on the bed. “Merci, Fleur,” said Ginny.

Fleur smiled, and Bill wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “We'll leave you to unpack. Come down when you're ready.”

Ginny nodded, and began to unpack, not that she had much. Short, some tops, and bathers. She already felt so much better, being away from the Burrow. She had never felt that way before about her home, and it unsettled her. For now, she was going to enjoy her freedom.

She made her bed, then looked out the window. She opened it, and leaned out, inhaling the tang of the sea air. Her hair blew around her face in the light breeze, and she sighed happily.

She spent the day outside. She lay on a daybed, reading Quidditch Monthly or watching the waves. There weren't many houses around, so when a man jogged past, she put down her magazine to watch him.

She had once thought briefly about a Quidditch career. She was a good flyer, she knew it. Watching the man jogging in the distance, Ginny decided she could try and do the same while she was here. Already her appetite was back. She was itching to get up and do something.

She walked along the beach. At one point she just stood and watched as the waves rolled in. They were endless, relentless.

Ginny didn't know why, but she suddenly had a sense of anticipation.

OooO

“She's here.”

“You've seen her already?” asked Sirius, lowering the newspaper he'd been reading.

“She was walking on the beach. She looks lonely. I nearly went to talk to her then,” said Harry.

“Good thing you didn't. You don't want to worry the family, they might send her back to the Burrow.”

“I just want to talk to her. I don't understand why they won't let us meet,” said Harry in frustration.

“I told you, her dad said she hadn't been eating or sleeping well. They're just concerned parents, looking out for their only daughter,” said Sirius, for the hundredth time.

“I know, I know. She does look like she's lost weight,” said Harry. “When can I talk to her?”

“Give it a couple of days. Let her get settled,” suggested Sirius.

“All right,” said Harry, grumpily.

Sirius smiled and ruffled his hair as he went past him.

OooO

Ginny dropped the letters on the kitchen table. “Mail's here. I'm going for a walk,” she called.

She grabbed a couple of owl treats to give to the bird who had just dropped off the letters. He hooted appreciatively, and took off. Watching him fly away made Ginny long for her broom.

She jogged down past the pier and stopped to do some stretching exercises. Then she jogged back, and went inside to get some water.

Bill and Fleur were inside, and Fleur seemed upset as she waved some parchment around.

“What's up?” asked Ginny.

“We've just had an owl from Fleur's parents. Fleur's sister Gabrielle is sick, very sick. They want us to come see her. You remember Gabrielle, don't you Ginny?” asked Bill.

“Yes, she was a bridesmaid with me at your wedding. Poor Gabrielle, I hope she'll be okay. Of course you should go,” said Ginny, hugging Fleur.

“I'm sorry to cut your holiday short, Gin. You were looking so much better, too,” said Bill, sadly.

Damn! She'd have to go back to the Burrow. “It's okay. You can't help stuff like this happening.”

Fleur started speaking a barrage of French. Bill appeared to be arguing with her. Ginny drank her water, before she started to drag herself upstairs to pack.

She turned back to her brother and his wife when it seemed their argument was over. “So, I guess I should go upstairs and pack,” she said.

Bill shot Fleur a look. “Listen Ginny. Fleur and I were just talking. Fleur thinks it would be a good idea if you stayed here. We need someone to keep an eye on the place. You're doing so much better here than you were at the Burrow.”

Tears sprang to Ginny's eyes. “Oh God, really. I would love to. I do feel better here. I would look after your home so well.”

“The problem is Mum. Once she knows you're here alone, she'll insist you return home.”

Fleur muttered something in French. Bill smiled.

“Fleur just said that you need to make sure she doesn't find out.”

Ginny drew in a breath. “Really? You'd really let me stay here alone?”

Bill hesitated, then nodded. “I will ask George to check in with you, and Charlie too while he's here.”

Ginny nodded, her eyes shining. “That's fine. Bill, Fleur, you don't know what this means to me, honestly.” She hugged her eldest brother.

“You're a strong witch, Ginny, and smart too. Just don't make me regret this,” warned Bill.

Ginny smiled. “What could happen to me out here. There's no-one for miles, except the house on the hill. I've seen a man and a dog, that's it. I won't let you down, Bill.”

“Come Bill, we must pack,” said Fleur, pulling his arm.

Two hours later and they were gone. Ginny had wished them well, and they promised to fire-call her later, once they had seen Gabrielle.

Ginny felt a sense of freedom. Bill and Fleur's trust meant a lot. Ginny had no intention of letting them down.

It was early evening, not yet dark. Ginny decided to go for another jog, before returning home to lock up the house. There was no one else around, just a dog sniffing around.

This time she jogged past the pier; she'd been going a little bit further every time. She turned to go back, when the sunset caught her eye. It was stunning, all pinks and oranges as it reflected off the sea. She sat back to watch it.

“Stunning, isn't it?”

Ginny turned around and gasped. “You!”

“Hello, Ginny Weasley.”

“You're Harry Potter's godfather. Sirius Black, right?”

Sirius bowed slightly. “The one and only.”

Ginny smiled. “How are you?”

Sirius gestured to the spot next to Ginny and she nodded. “I've been well, keeping busy. There has been much to do. And you?”

Ginny ran sand through her fingers. “I'm doing better now. It took me a while, though. How-how is Harry?”

Sirius smiled to himself. She was as bad as Harry. “Harry? I think he's doing well.”

Ginny looked at him. “You don't know? So he's not with you?” She was disappointed.

Sirius looked around, his eyes twinkling. “Nope, he's not here.”

Ginny nudged him with her shoulder. “I meant here, as in here in England. Was he badly hurt after the battle? I worried about him.”

Sirius nodded slowly. “It took him some time to recover. He'd been under the Cruciatus curse several times. I'm sure you know what that feels like.”

Ginny shivered. “I was only under it for a little bit. Harry copped it over and over.”

Sirius nodded. “There were several other injuries, but he was able to heal quickly, thank Merlin. Although the nightmares remained for a while.”

“Me too,” said Ginny, softly.

“The night is upon us, young Ginny. May I escort you home, and see that you're delivered to your family. You're over at Shell Cottage, right?”

Ginny looked around. Darkness was approaching; the night had crept up on her as she talked with Sirius. She stood up.

“Yes, my brother Bill and his wife Fleur live there. Thank you, I would like it if you would see me home.”

“Wanna run?” asked Sirius.

“Sure, but-hey!” cried Ginny, as Sirius changed into Padfoot, and took off.

Ginny ran after him, laughing. “No fair, you have four paws and I only have two feet.”

High in the house on the hill, Harry watched as Ginny took off after Padfoot. He smiled as she chased him down, her long red hair flowing behind her.

He waited impatiently for Sirius to return home. He wanted to know if she'd asked about him.

Padfoot came bounding up the steps. There, he changed back to Sirius, and went inside.

“Well, what did you talk about?” asked Harry.

“Delightful girl,” said Sirius, heading for the kitchen and getting a drink.

“Come on Sirius,” pleaded Harry.

“She's definitely staying at Shell Cottage. Her brother and his wife live there, but I don't think they were home. She didn't invite me in, but she did say she hoped she saw me again.”

Harry nodded, although they pretty much already knew about Bill and Fleur.

“She did ask me something, though,” said Sirius.

“What?” asked Harry.

“She asked me to tell you, next time I saw you, that she hopes you are all right after your ordeal in the forest.”

“That's it?” asked Harry, disheartened.

“And that she'd love to see you again sometime. I told her I'd see what I could do,” said Sirius.

“She said that? She wants to see me? Seriously?” asked Harry, his face breaking out in a grin.

“Seriously,” said Sirius, giving Harry a wink.

Harry groaned at the pun.



Reviews 72
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear