Search:

SIYE Time:10:53 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Bond
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 72
Summary: After Ginny helps Harry defeat Voldemort, a bond forms between them. A worried Molly, knowing of a prophecy that involves Ginny, tries to keep them apart. AU *slight Molly bashing*
Hitcount: Story Total: 44303; Chapter Total: 5377
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
I think the title is prettyself explanatory as to what happens in this chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry and Sirius both woke to the smells of bacon and eggs frying. Harry sat up, gasping at his head. Sirius moved more gingerly, more accustomed to the 'morning after' than Harry.

“Ugh, I've got the most disgusting taste in my mouth,” scowled Harry.

Sirius had spotted the hangover potion on the table. He sat up slowly and poured some into each glass. “Here,” he said, handing it over.

Harry gulped it down. “Yuk! Merlin, I am never drinking Firewhiskey again,” he exclaimed.

“That's good to hear,” said a voice from the kitchen.

“Ginny?” asked Harry.

“Breakfast in five. Last one here gets to wash up the Muggle way, and when I cook, I use a lot of pans. Coffee?” she asked.

Sirius groaned in relief. “Merlin, if you don't marry her, I think I will!” Them realising what he said, he quickly back-tracked. “Er, not that you're even thinking about that. Just a joke, you know.”

Harry grinned, running his hands through his hair, trying to tame it. Feeling brighter, he went into the kitchen. “Morning Gin.”

Sirius heard a little squeal. “Harry James Potter, don't you kiss me until you've brushed your teeth.”

“Yes, Gin,” said Harry's downheartened voice.

There was silence. “But I can kiss you.” There was more silence, followed by a soft moan.

Sirius smiled, then coughed to remind them he was there. He heard a soft giggle, then Harry came back to the lounge, grinning broadly. “Gin said to brush your teeth.”

“Ah, but I'm not the one kissing her good morning, am I?” teased Sirius.

Harry blushed and chuckled, shaking his head. “You better not.” He raced upstairs, and Sirius heard him in the bathroom.

Sirius went into the dining room, and sat at the table. Ginny lay a plate in front of him, overflowing with sausages, bacon and eggs. He nodded when she asked him if he wanted coffee.

“Black?” She sniggered.

“That's my name, and how I like my coffee,” he smirked back.

Harry comes bouncing back into the dining room. Instead of sitting at the table, he went to Ginny and pulled her into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and they kissed.

“Eating here,” grumbled Sirius, teasingly.

“Good morning,” whispers Harry.

“It certainly is,” whispers Ginny, kissing him again.

He beamed and took his plate to the table. He pulled out a chair for her and she joined them. They all tucked into the delicious breakfast.

“So what have you kids got planned for today. I know I need to go to the market today,” said Sirius, winking at Harry.

Ginny gasped, covering her mouth with her hand. “Merlin, we completely forgot. Sorry, Sirius. Look, we can go. I'll just go home and shower and change.”

Harry nodded, while Sirius shrugged. “All right then. Why don't we have a barbecue tonight. You can pick up some steaks and we'll have salads.”

“Let's stop at the bakery and get some fresh bread too. Maybe even a cake for dessert,” suggested Ginny.

“Stop! I've just filled up on breakfast, but I'm already hankering for tea,” groaned Harry.

“Well, we'll just have to find some physical activity to work off that breakfast, won't we, Harry?” suggested Ginny.

The air was suddenly ripe with insinuation. Harry blushed, while Sirius looked worried.

“I meant swimming,” said Ginny, chuckling.

“Oh,” said Harry, sounding a little disappointed. Sirius let out a sigh of relief.

“Well, I'm going to go and have that shower and change my clothes. Harry, I'll meet you at Shell Cottage in twenty minutes. Sirius, looks like you're on dishwashing duty. Bye now.”

Harry snagged the last piece of toast. “I think I'll have a shower too. Leave you to it, you old dog.”

Sirius stayed at the table, savouring the coffee. He didn't know if he should talk to Harry again, or not. Maybe he should even talk to them together tonight.

He smiled. They were good together. He had never seen Harry so happy, so eager to be up and around.

The smile on his face dropped as he took his dirty plate and cup to the kitchen. There were dirty pans and plates everywhere. Ginny hadn't lied, sh emust have used every pot and pan. Grinning, he waved his wand and the dishes started cleaning themselves.

“That wasn't the deal. Hmm, what will Gin say if she finds out?” teased Harry, as he noted the dishes cleaning themselves while Sirius sat back down and continued to read the paper.

“Why should she ever find out?” asked Sirius, cocking an eyebrow. “Nice breakfast, by the way. If you eat like that for the next forty years, you'll be the size of that Muggle uncle of yours.”

“Like hell,” said Harry. “So, nothing else at the markets?”

“Can't think of anything. Steaks, salad, maybe some fruit. Whatever you want.”

“The summer is flying by. Gin said her brother would probably be back soon. Her mum is already asking when she's returning home,” said Harry, worriedly.

“You knew she wouldn't be staying all summer. I'm surprised she's managed as long as she has,” said Sirius.

Harry nodded. “I just can't imagine not seeing her every day,” he said slowly, painfully.

Sirius patted his shoulder in a gesture of comfort. “Hey, let's cross that bridge when we get there. Enjoy the time you have now.”

Harry brightened. “Thanks Sirius, you'v been great. Really. We, Gin and I, really appreciate it.”

Sirius smiled, but added, “Don't make me regret it, Harry. I don't want to come home and come across that scene again. Okay?”

Harry nodded. “Okay. It wasn't planned or anything, it just happened. Not that anything happened, I mean, stuff happened, but not THAT stuff. Damn!”

Sirius laughed. “I know what you mean. Now go, your witch is waiting for you. I'll catch up with you later.”

Harry nodded and hugged him. Whistling cheerfully, he headed out to Shell Cottage.


HGHGHG

Ginny stepped out of the shower and dried herself. She put on some clean shorts and Harry's t-shirt, loving the smell of him on it.

She was putting her hair up in a pony-tail, when she looked at her reflection. She thought she looked different, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Still the same boring brown eyes, still hundreds of freckles on her face.

She heard a noise from downstairs. “Harry, is that you? I'm almost ready.”

She went back to her bedroom, throwing her purse and a hat in her tote bag. She grabbed her summer sandals.

“I hope you don't mind but I'm wearing your t-shirt again,” said Ginny, as she went down the stairs. She was rummaging in her bag looking for her sunglasses.

“And whose t-shirt would that be, Ginny?”

Ginny's head snapped up. Her parents were standing in the little lounge room. Her mum was holding a newspaper.

“Mum, Dad, what a surprise. You're here early. Bill and Fleur aren't here at the moment,” said Ginny.

“Where were you off to, Ginny?” asked her mother.

“The market to get something for tea. I'm going with one of the neighbours,” said Ginny.

“And where are Bill and Fleur?” asked Molly.

Ginny shrugged. “Work, I guess.”

Molly slammed the paper down. “No, Ginny. Bill's not at work. He and Fleur are in France.”

“Oh,” said Ginny, weakly.

Arthur looked disappointed.

“You've lied to us all this time, Ginny. How can we trust you again?” asked Molly, loudly.

“I'm sorry, Mum. I just knew that when you found out they'd had to go to Paris, you'd make me come home. I feel so much better when I'm here, Mum. I just wanted some extra time.”

“She does look better, Molly,” said Arthur.

“You've been here, all alone, for days! Anything could have happened to you,” cried Molly.

“But it didn't. I met the neighbours, and I've been hanging out with them, so I've only been alone at night. I knew if I needed help, I could call them,” argued Ginny.

“Oh, so you would call these strangers before you'd call your family,” said Molly, placing a hand over her heart.

Ginny sighed. “Only for immediate help. If it was serious enough, I'd call you.”

They were interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Hey, beautiful, you ready? By the way, you left your watch on my night stand when you slept in my bed last night. I brought it-Oh, er, hello.” Harry stepped inside.

Molly gasped, then lowered her eyes. “I take it this is the neighbour,” she asked Ginny, who nodded.

“Hello, I'm Harry Potter. It's nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs Weasley. Ginny talks about her family all the time,” he said, holding out his hand to Arthur, who shook it.

“Ginny, I want you to go upstairs and pack right now. You're coming home with us. NOW!” said Molly, determinedly.

“What? No, I won't,” said Ginny, looking frantically at Harry and Arthur.

“Molly, let's just-” began Arthur.

“Please, Mrs Weasley, if you'll-” began Harry, desperately.

“Enough! Arthur, didn't you hear what Ginny was saying as she came down the stairs. She is wearing his t-shirt. He has just come in announcing that Ginny was in his bed last night. It's obvious what's been going on,” said Molly.

“Mum, please, it's not what you think. Harry was asleep on the couch downstairs. His godfather was with him. We weren't alone,” explained Ginny.

“Why did you sleep over there, why not return here?” asked Molly.

“They weren't feeling well. I stayed to look after them and made them breakfast this morning. Please Mum, believe me,” implored Ginny.

“He looks all right to me. Did you give him a potion?” asked Molly, suspiciously.

“Yes Mum,” said Ginny, hoping her mum wouldn't ask what sort of potion.

“Hey Harry, Ginny you in there? Can you pick me up another bottle of Firewhiskey. Seems we drank it all last night, Harry,” chuckled Sirius, from outside.

Harry and Ginny groaned internally. They shot each other worried looks. Sirius peered in the doorway, seeing Harry standing there.

“There you are. Did you hear me?” he asked.

“I think we all heard you, Sirius Black,” said Molly coldly, coming out from behind the door.

The smile left Sirius' face. “Molly, Arthur, what a surprise. Good to see you again.”

“I wish I could say the same, Sirius. However, my underage daughter is cavorting around on the beach with the most eligible wizard in the world, and you're the one who should be keeping an eye on them, instead you're off getting drunk.”

“Harry is an adult. I don't need to keep an eye on them. I trust them, Molly,” said Sirius, indignantly.

“So something has been going on between them? All those times you asked to talk to my daughter, and we said no. This was precisely the reason,” said Molly, stubbornly.

“Harry wanted to talk to me? You said no? Why?” asked Ginny, looking at her parents.

“We wanted you to forget everything that happened in the forest. You were having nightmares, and you weren't eating. It was like the Chamber of Secrets all over again. We didn't want that for you, sweetheart,” said Arthur.

“I will never forget what happened to me, whether I want to or not. It's made me who I am today. If only I could have talked to Harry, it would have helped,” insisted Ginny.

“It's too late to dwell on that now. Go and pack your things. Bill and Fleur are returning today anyway,” said Molly.

“How did you know they were away?” asked Ginny, her heart breaking.

“This,” said Molly, holding up the newspaper. There was a picture of Bill and Fleur celebrating Bastille Day in the middle of wizarding Paris.

“Fleur is a Tri-Wizard champion, and her family is newsworthy in Paris. They mentioned how Fleur and Bill returned to be with her sister, who's sick,” said Arthur, for the benefit of Harry and Sirius.

“Enough of this. Ginevra, go and pack,” said Molly, stubbornly.

“No, I won't. I want to stay here for the rest of the summer. I want to be with Harry.”

Molly paled. “Out of the question. Upstairs now.”

“Mrs Weasley, please,” said Harry, fearfully. “Don't take Ginny away.”

“Take her away? She's only returning to her family home. It's not like I'm sending her to Azkaban for lying to me,” said Molly.

“May I visit her at your home?” asked Harry.

Molly took a deep breath. “I don't think that's a good idea.”

“Mum, please,” said Ginny, hurt beyond belief.

“Go to the floo, Ginevra. Bill can send your clothes on later,” said Molly, pointing.

Ginny ran to Harry, who held her in his arms. “Please, Mr Weasley. May I at least send letters,” he said shakily.

Arthur was about to respond. “Out of the question,”said Molly.

Ginny turned around. “Why? Why are you treating me like this?”

Molly put her hands on her hips. “You've brought this on yourself. Lying to me and your father. How can we trust anything you say?”

“What does that have to do with Harry sending letters. He's a good, decent man. If you spend time with him, you'll see that. You'll learn to love him, like I do,” said Ginny.

Molly gasped. She tried to grab Ginny from Harry's arms, but he held tight. “No, you can't,” he cried.

Sirius stepped forward. “For Merlin's sake, Molly, what's the big deal? They're adults, and they're in love. What's the harm?”

“Ginny is not an adult. She needs to be protected,” snapped Molly.

“From what? Harry?” asked Sirius, shocked.

“Harry would never hurt me,” defended Ginny. “I'll be seventeen in three weeks, an adult.”

“Yes, well, until then, you're underage, and you'll be under my roof. The Burrow, now!”

“At least let them say goodbye, Molly,” said Sirius angrily.

Molly opened her mouth to argue, but Arthur got in first. “That will be fine. Molly, go back to the Burrow. Ginny will be there in a minute.”

Molly shot Arthur a nasty look, but went to the fire-place. She flooed away. Arthur turned back to Harry and Ginny, still clinging to each other.

“Two minutes,” he told them, stepping outside.

Harry and Ginny stared at his back in horror. They looked at Sirius for help.

“Isn't there anything we can do, Sirius?” asked Harry.

Sirius shook his head. “We could take her and disappear, but then Molly would have the both of us charged with kidnapping. We'd be forever looking over our shoulders.”

Ginny scoffed. “Don't be ridiculous. You're not going to take any risks for me, I won't have you back in Azkaban.”

She turned to Harry. “I just don't understand why she won't let you visit, or even send letters.”

“I know,” said Harry, holding her close.

Sirius looked uncomfortable. “I'll give you two some time alone.” He stepped outside to join Arthur.

“Want to explain to me just what Molly has against Harry? Most witches would be thrilled their daughter is in love with Harry Potter.”

Arthur shrugged. “Ginny was crying out for her Harry in her nightmares. It was just like her first year, when she opened the Chamber of Secrets. She wasn't eating, she was losing weight. She wouldn't talk about it to anyone, she said we wouldn't understand.”

“Who the hell would understand? Only Harry. Hell, he was going through the same thing. It actually made me wonder...”

“What?” asked Arthur.

Sirius shuffled his feet. “I began to wonder if they'd formed a bond, you know, after they defeated Voldemort. The symptoms were similar to a love bond parting. Can't sleep, no appetite, nightmares.”

Arthur paled. Sirius noticed. “What? What is it?”

Arthur sighed. “There was a prophecy. We were told about it because she was the seventh child, and the first daughter in seven generations.”

“What did it say?” asked Sirius.

“Something along the lines that the seventh times seven will help bring about the Dark Ones's downfall. She will leave with her bonded one, not to return for many years. For love is their guide, and her saviour. Together, they will set the path for generations to come.”

“What's so wrong with that?” asked Sirius.

“'She will leave, not to return for many years'? If that prophecy is about Ginny, it would kill Molly to lose Ginny.”

“Instead she's doing everything to make Ginny want to run away. Doesn't she see that? Don't you? Talk to her Arthur. She can't keep Ginny locked up forever.”

“I know. It's hard. She's my baby girl, and she's been through so much already.”

“And she's come through each time. She's a strong witch, a powerful witch,” said Sirius.

Arthur smiled bravely, a tear leaving his eye.


Meanwhile, Harry and Ginny were making plans.

“I'll try somehow to get a letter to you,” said Ginny, shaking.

“I don't want you to get in trouble. It could matters worse,” said Harry. He was trembling at the thought of losing her.

“I'm going to go and get my Apparition license the day I turn seventeen,” vowed Ginny.

“I will come for you, Ginny,” said Harry.

“How can I go the next three weeks without seeing you,” whispered Ginny, reality sinking in.

“I can't even imagine not seeing you, holding you,” said Harry, shakily.

“Harry, I love you,” said Ginny.

“I love you too, Ginny. I will come for you, believe me,” said Harry, desperately.

“If you don't, I'll track you down and you'll never be rid of me,” said Ginny, laughing through her tears.

Harry held her head in his two hands and kissed her passionately. Sirius and Arthur came in, looking uncomfortable at the emotion playing out before them. They could feel their pain.

Harry rested his forehead against hers. “I'm leaving my heart with you, Gin. I'll be back for it on August eleventh.”

“I'll look after it, Harry. It will replace mine, because mine is broken right now.”

They kissed again, and would have continued if Arthur hadn't taken Ginny away and forced her through the floo.

Harry sank onto the chair. Various items in the room began to shake, as Harry's magic reeled out of control. He held his head in his hands and his eyes were squeezed shut.

“Hey, deep breaths, come on, in, out, in, out,” said Sirius, worriedly. He crouched down in front of Harry.

“I feel like I'm being ripped apart,” rasped Harry. “It hurts.”

An idea came to Sirius' mind, but he felt guilty for thinking it. “Wait here,” he said to Harry.

He raced upstairs and found the bedroom Ginny had been using. Her flowery scent filled the room. Taking action before he changed his mind, he swiped the pillow off Ginny's bed. He went back downstairs.

“Let's get you home. Can you walk?” asked Sirius.

Harry tried to stand, but sank back down. “I feel so weak, so strange,” he said. He was pale and trembling.

“Hold on to me, I'm going to Apparate us back to the cottage,” said Sirius.

Sirius Apparated them to Harry's bedroom. Harry lay down and curled into a ball. “Why does her Mum hate me?” he cried.

“It's not you, Harry. Well, it is, but it isn't. Why don't you get some rest, we'll talk later,” said Sirius.

“I need to come up with a plan, I need to think about how I'm going to get her back,” said Harry, desperately.

“Not right now. Here, see if this helps,” said Sirius, sliding Ginny's pillow under Harry's head.

He turned his face to the pillow, drawn by her scent. “I will get her back,” vowed Harry.

“I know. I'll help you,” said Sirius. “I'll leave you alone. Try and get some sleep.”

Sleep! How could Sirius think he could sleep. He felt like he was missing something important. He ran his hand over his heart. Thinking about Ginny made it hurt.

He tried to remember all the good times they had that summer. The walks, the talks. Sharing their thoughts and experiences of Voldemort. Remembering their first kiss, and their last one. And everything in between.

Harry knew Ginny was the witch for him. She completed him, she was the other part of him. 'The better part' he could imagine her saying as she smirked at him. How could that love be wrong?

He would get her back. He had to. She was his, and he was hers. Completely. To hell with what anyone else said or thought.






Reviews 72
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear