Search:

SIYE Time:9:06 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Bond
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 72
Summary: After Ginny helps Harry defeat Voldemort, a bond forms between them. A worried Molly, knowing of a prophecy that involves Ginny, tries to keep them apart. AU *slight Molly bashing*
Hitcount: Story Total: 44310; Chapter Total: 5454
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


August 10

Ginny kept her eyes on her plate as her family chattered around her. Ron was making plans to meet Hermione for lunch. She was going to Diagon Alley to get some school supplies for the coming school year. As she was repeating her seventh year, she didn't need any books.

Ginny smiled to herself when she remembered her mother's reaction when the owl came with the school letters. Or rather, the letter. There was no school letter for Ginny. Molly was frantic, fire-calling Headmistress McGonagall, who was as astounded as Molly was.

Ginny's heart was pounding. 'It knew. Somehow, the school knew she wouldn't be going back this year.'

It gave Ginny much needed hope. She hadn't heard from Harry, nor had she been able to contact him. She'd begged Bill to give him a letter, but he'd refused. Even Fleur had said no. While initially she was mad at them, with time, she'd understood they'd been put in a no-win situation.

At first she'd moped around at home. Then one day she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. It was like the beginning of summer all over again. Dark smudges under her eyes, losing weight. Harry wouldn't even recognise her when they met up again.

With that thought in mind, Ginny made herself better. In fact, she was angry with herself. She was not the sort of girl to sit and pine away for a boy. That morning she ate as big a breakfast as she could. Later that day, she jogged the perimeter of the Burrow. At night, she finally slept, dreaming of the time she'd had with Harry, and the times they had to come.

“What are your plans today, Ginny?” asked Hermione.

“Same as yesterday. Jog, do some stretches,” shrugged Ginny.

“I'll come and find you after lunch, when I get back. Is there anything you need from Diagon Alley?” asked Hermione.

“No thanks. I'll probably be out near the pond. I might even swim if it gets hot enough,” smiled Ginny.

“Come on Ron, time for work,” said George, patting him on the back. “Bye Mum, don't forget, I won't be home for tea, I'm taking Angelina out.”

“Yes, dear,” sighed Molly, happily.

“See you at lunch,” said Ron, kissing Hermione on the cheek. She blushed prettily and nodded.

“I'm going to go and make my bed and put my clothes out for washing. Do you need anything washed?” Ginny asked Hermione, who shook her head.

“No thanks. I'll make my bed, then check my school list again. Come on, Crookshanks,” said Hermione. The cat followed her up the stairs.

Ginny followed them upstairs, and made her bed. She tidied a few things, then got her clothes sorted. She carried them downstairs, and put them in the washing machine. Molly came in and waved her wand, and the machine started.

Molly put a loose strand of Ginny's hair behind her ear. “How about a nice family lunch tomorrow for your birthday, hmm?”

Ginny nodded. “Sounds fine.”

“I can't believe you're about to turn seventeen. I remember when you were born. I promised you I would love you and protect you. I never wanted anything bad to happen to you.”

Ginny hugged her mother. “You can't stop the bad stuff, Mum. It's how I'll learn to appreciate the good stuff, like my family. My wonderful, crazy family.”

Molly smiled. “You're so precious to us, Ginny. Our only girl, our baby.”

Ginny's smile faltered. “I'm not a baby anymore, Mum.”

Molly scoffed. “Of course not. You've grown to be a beautful young woman. I'm proud of you, Ginny.”

Ginny swallowed. “Thanks, Mum.”

Molly continued. “I never want to lose you.”

Ginny frowned. “Lose me? What do you mean?”

Molly sighed. “Oh, you know. I don't want you to leave us, when you decide on a career.”

Ginny was confused. “But Bill worked in Egypt for years, and Charlie works in Romania. You only see them at Christmas time and maybe in the summer. What's the difference?”

Molly looked at her daughter. “It's different for girls. I want you close.”

Ginny was surprised. “What if I want to travel, or play Quidditch?”

Molly snorted. “Quidditch is hardly the career for you. And if you wait a few years, your father will retire, and we'll go travelling together.”

Ginny couldn't believe what she was hearing. She looked at her mother, who was watching her intently. She decided to play along.

“Sure Mum, sounds like a plan.”

Molly sighed in relief. “You're a good girl, Ginny.” She smoothed her hand over Ginny's hair.

Ginny smiled at her mother. As Molly turned away, the smile turned into a frown. Did her mother really think she would live at the Burrow for the rest of her life?

She went for a jog and did a few stretches. She went into the kitchen to get a glass of water. The floo lit up, and Ginny leaned down to see a male head.

“I can't talk long. Eight o'clock tomorrow morning, it was the earliest I could get.”

“Thanks, that's perfect. See you later,” said Ginny.

Hermione came into the kitchen. “Well, I'm off. Bye Ginny, bye Mrs Weasley,” called Hermione.

Molly came in, drying her hands on a towel. “Oh, you're going already? Have a nice lunch, dear.”

Hermione nodded, stepped into the floo and called out 'Diagon Alley.' In a whisk she was gone.

“Such a nice girl. Such a good influence on Ron, although I do wish he was going back to Hogwarts. They'll get married one day, mark my words,” sighed Molly in satisfaction.

Ginny laughed. “In a few years, I reckon. Hermione will have an amazing career at the Ministry. She may even end up as our first female Minister for Magic.”

“Marriage and motherhood is ambition enough for a witch, Ginny,” said Molly.

“So you wouldn't object if I got married when I was seventeen?” asked Ginny. “Hypothetically,” she quickly added, as her mother paled.

“As long as he was a nice wizard who you loved, then no, I would have no objections,” said Molly. “Someone who lives close and has a good steady job. Now, can you go and dig up the carrots and lettuce please, I think I'll do a salad with tea tonight.”

Ginny headed outside. The sun was shining,and it promised to be a wonderful day. Ginny planned to be outside most of the day, exploring every part of the Burrow.

After all, who knew where she'd be tomorrow?

August 11

Molly came downstairs to make breakfast. It was later than usual, because it was Saturday. Arthur didn't have to work, and WWW opened at ten. Everyone got the chance to sleep in.

Molly decided to do the usual breakfast, sausages, bacon and eggs, but she decided to add pancakes as they were Ginny's favourite. They usually had them as a dessert, but Ginny loved them so much she sometimes made them for her for breakfast. She set out the jam she and Ginny made last summer, and added the jar of honey she'd picked up at the market place in Ottery St Catchpole.

A pop outside startled her. She wondered if Bill may have Apparated over for Ginny's birthday. He'd always been Ginny's favourite brother. She lifted her head to smile at him. The smile died on her face when Ginny came through the door.

“Aced it,” she exclaimed. “I got my Apparition licence.”

Molly gasped, looking at the clock. “It's so early, what time did you go?”

Ginny smiled. “I had the first appointment, at eight.”

Molly stammered. “But how did you get there?” She narrowed her eyes. “Which one of your brothers helped you?”

“I took her.” Arthur stepped inside.

Ginny giggled. “All right there, Dad. You didn't throw up, did you?”

Arthur smiled. “No, Ginny, although a little bit of warning next time you side-Apparate me would be appreciated.”

“Noted,” said Ginny. “Mmm, are those pancakes I smell?” She hurried into the kitchen.

“Arthur, I-”began Molly.

The sounds of others coming down the stairs made them look up.

“Not now, Molly,” said Arthur.

“Happy Birthday, Ginny.”

“Hey Ginners, finally an adult!”

“Happy Day of Birth, Gin-Gin.”

“Thanks guys, Hemione,” smiled Ginny. “Come on, eat, breakfast smells delicious.”

“You don't want presents first?” asked Ron.

Ginny shrugged. “I'm starving. I didn't know Apparating took so much out of you.”

Ron and George stared at her. “You got your licence? Already?”

Ginny smiled smugly. “Yep. As of eight fifteen this morning. Ask Dad, he came with me, and I side-Apparated him home.”

“And lived to tell the tale,” smiled Arthur.

“Congratulations, Ginevra,” smiled Percy. “I'm afraid I left your present at my office, so I'll have to go in and get it. I'll give it to you at lunch.”

Ginny shrugged. “It's fine. Will Audrey be joining us?”

Percy smiled. “I thought lunch was just for family.”

Ginny smiled back. “I heard a rumour that she may very well be a part of the family. Or did I hear wrong?”

Percy chuckled. “It's early days yet. Maybe she'll come over for dinner another day.”

Ginny nodded. Ron and George got up to go to work. “Have a good day, Gin. We'll see you at lunch.” George ruffled her hair as he went past, and Ron kissed Hermione goodbye.

“Bye guys.”

“I'll do the dishes, Mum,” said Ginny. She waved her wand, and the dirty dishes flew from the table to the sink, where the brush began to scrub.

“Is there anything I can do to help get ready for lunch?” Ginny asked her mother.

“No love. It's your day. Go for your jog, and then shower. Hermione and Fleur offered to help me get things ready. Put on something pretty.”

Ginny nodded and smiled. She went and hugged her mum. “I love you Mum.”

Molly tightened her grip on Ginny. “I love you too. Happy Birthday, Ginny.”

Ginny went to hug Arthur. “Love you, Daddy.”

Arthur closed his eyes. She hadn't called him that in a long time. “Happy Birthday, sweetheart. I wish you a long life full of love and laughter.”

Ginny pulled away and nodded. “I'm going for a jog, back soon.” She went outside.

Molly turned to Arthur, but he held up his hand. “I don't want to have this conversation today, Molly. Yes, I took Ginny for her test. That's all you need to know for now. We'll talk tonight.”

Ginny came back from her jog and showered. She tidied her room, looking around. She went into her wardrobe, then came out. Satisfied, she went downstairs.

Molly had decided to eat outdoors. The day was sunny, but Arthur cast a shade over the picnic tables. Ginny's mouth watered at the food Molly and the girls had been preparing.

Bill and Fleur had come over earlier, as Fleur was helping Molly. They had handed their present to Ginny, with instructions to open it later. Ginny nodded, and tucked it away.

Charlie had sent a special international delivery owl, as he was unable to get away. He'd spent so much time helping to re-build Hogwarts he didn't have any more available time off to take. He'd sent her some dragon skin knee high boots. Ginny immediately put them on, tucking her jeans into them.

George, Ron and Hermione had given her a big box of different things from WWW. Ginny knew it may come in handy, so she put it aside with Fleur and Bill's gift.

George and Ron had returned home for lunch, leaving several employees in charge of the shop. Soon, the only one who wasn't there was Percy.

Ginny took her gifts up to her bedroom. She resisted the urge to open Fleur and Bills, but opened the lid of the box of goodies from WWW. She removed a couple of items, then shrank both the box and the present from Bill and Fleur. She placed them in her bag, then shrank it and put it in her jacket pocket.

She heard shouts from outside. Her heart pounding, she ran to the window. Percy had arrived, bringing with him Harry and Sirius. She took a last look around, then ran down the stairs.

“Where is she?” asked Harry, looking around.

“You need to go,” said Molly, fearfully.

“I need to see Ginny. Where is she?” he demanded.

“Molly, please,” begged Arthur. “Don't make this worse than it has to be.”

“You knew this was going to happen, didn't you?” asked Molly suddenly, turning on him.

Arthur sighed. “Yes, and if you would be truthful, so did you.”

Molly shook her head. “I can't believe this. You took her for her test, and now you're allowing her to go off with him.”

Harry stepped up, a look of desperation on his face. “Why don't you like me? I love Ginny, would never, could never hurt her. She's a part of me, and I'm a part of her. Please, where is she? I want to see her.”

Molly gasped. “You shouldn't be saying things like that. You need to leave. Sirius, take him away.”

Harry closed his eyes, feeling his magic build and get out of control. Dishes on the table began to rattle, and a wind picked up, knocking over the chairs at the table.

Sirius came forward. “Harry, calm down. Damnit Molly, he just wants to see her, talk to her.”

Molly scoffed. “So he hasn't come here with a plan to take her away?”

“Only if it's what Ginny wants,” said Sirius. Molly gasped again.

“Enough!” cried Harry, looking as if he were in pain. “GINNY!”

The back door flew open, and Ginny came running out. “Harry!” she cried.

Harry ran to her. As they met, he picked her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist, and they kissed passionately.

“Oh my,” gasped Hermione, feeling the magical wave around the yard. “Can you feel it?”

Molly clung to Arthur as she watched her daughter. She could hear the prophecy in her head. 'Will not return for many years.'

“Arthur,” she sobbed, “Do something.”

Arthur was torn. His wife was a shattered woman, his daughter was with the man she loved.

“What would you have me do, Molly?” he sighed.

“Anything,” she sobbed.

Arthur patted her back. “Ahem,” he said.

Harry and Ginny stopped kissing, but Harry didn't let Ginny go. “Sorry, sir,” blushed Harry.

Ginny buried her head in Harry's neck. “I missed you so much,” she whispered.

Harry kissed her softly. “Happy Birthday, Ginny.”

Arthur looked uncomfortable. “Um, perhaps we can sit and enjoy this feast while we talk. It is a party for Ginny's birthday, after all.”

Harry and Sirius exchanged a look, then nodded. “Thank you, Mr Weasley. I'd enjoy that,” said Harry.

“Thanks Arthur,” said Sirius.

Harry let Ginny down. She hugged Sirius. “Thanks for looking after him for me,” she said softly to him. He nodded and winked at her.

Harry and Ginny held hands as they walked to the table. “Looks great, Molly,” said Sirius.

“Is that a treacle tart? I haven't had one for ages, they're my favourite,” said Harry happily.

“Mum makes the best ones in England,” said Ginny.

Ginny's brothers introduced themselves to Harry, except for Percy, as he already knew him.

“Your gift was the best of all,” Ginny whispered to Percy, and she kissed him on the cheek.

Percy smiled. “He's a good man, Ginevra. You deserve the best. You have my blessing.”

The food was eaten, then Fleur and Hermione brought out the cake. They all sang Happy Birthday to Ginny, then she blew out the candles.

“Make a wish,” called Hermione.

“It already came true,” smiled Ginny to Harrry. He squeezed her hand. Hermione noted that they hadn't been able to stop touching since they'd first seen each other. She was surprised at the amount of powerful magic she could feel around them, and she was even a bit jealous of the passion that was so evident between them. A passion that neither could hide, not that they wanted to.

“So, what are your plans?” asked Arthur to Harry and Sirius.

Harry met Arthur and Molly's gaze. “I don't know. As we haven't been able to communicate, I don't know what Ginny has in mind. For now, we just need to be together.”

Arthur nodded, then turned to Sirius. “Sirius, you once mentioned to me that you thought Harry and Ginny may have created a bond, due to their defeat of Voldemort.”

Molly gasped. “A bond? Oh, Arthur, the prophecy!”

“What prophecy?” asked Ginny, confused. Her fingers interlocked with Harry's.

'The seventh after seven will bring about the Dark One's downfall with her bonded. They shall leave, not to return for many years, for they will set the path for generations to come.'

“Oh,” gasped Hermione, quickly working out how it pertained to Ginny and Harry.

“What does it mean?” asked Ron.

Molly stood up. “It means, Ronald, that while all of you think this is some romantic love story for your sister, the truth is, Harry will take Ginny away from us. We won't see her for many years.”

“What!”

“No way.”

“He can't do that, can he?”

“Quiet!”

Everyone turned to look at Ginny. She was standing, still holding Harry's hand.

“I can't believe you didn't tell me about the prophecy. Not that it makes any difference. What has happened has happened. Harry and I are together now. I love him,” she stated proudly.

Harry kissed the back of her hand. Hermione sighed, envious at the show of love. She hoped Ron was taking notes!

“I want to thank you for my birthday today. I'm glad you're all here, well, except Charlie. You're the best family ever, so I hope you can understand and support me.”

“What is it Gin?” asked Bill.

“I belong with Harry. I have made no plans, will make no plans, until I talk with him. We will let you know what we're doing. If what the prophecy says is true, it sounds like we'll be doing lots of travelling. It doesn't mean I can't stay in touch with you.”

“So you're leaving? You choose him over us” asked Molly, her worst fears confirmed.

“My place is with Harry,” said Ginny, simply. “There is no choosing. You will always be my family”.

“You'll always have a home here at the Burrow, sweetheart,” said Arthur sadly.

Ginny smiled sadly at him. “I will only come back when I know Harry is welcome here, too.”

Harry released her hand as she went around the table, hugging her brothers, Fleur and Hermione goodbye.

Each brother shook Harry's hand, making him promise he would look after Ginny.

Ginny hugged her dad. “I love you, Dad. I'll let you know what our plans are as soon as I can.”

“Be happy, Gin,” said Arthur, tears unashamedly running down his face.

She smiled at him through tears of her own. “I'll be with Harry.”

Ginny moved to her mother. “Mum?”

Molly lifted her head to look at her only daughter. “Please, Mum. I love him, and he loves me. Together, we can do great things.”

She hugged her mum, but soon realised that Molly wasn't hugging her back. She pulled away, staring at Molly.

No words were spoken.

Ginny walked back to Harry. He put his arm around her. Sirius moved to Harry's side. The brothers and Arthur kept looking at Molly, willing her to say something, anything.

“Goodbye, Ginevra,” she finally said.

Ginny nodded, tears spilling down her cheeks. Harry frowned, pulling her close. He looked up and nodded to Arthur.

With two pops, Sirius, Harry and Ginny left the Burrow.


There was no news of Harry and Ginny for several months, until finally came the announcement that they had wed in the Greek Isles. Molly paled, staring at the single photo Harry and Ginny had allowed to be published.

There were further mentions of the Potters over the years, but none mentioning them returning to England. Molly suspected that her sons had stayed in contact with their sister, and, to be honest, she had expected it. Arthur had their wedding photo hanging in his shed, and had taken up the Muggle sport of fishing. At times he'd go away for a weekend on his own. While she never doubted Arthur's love for her, Ginny's absence left a shadow between them.

Molly wept as she read announcements of Harry and Ginny becoming parents. Oh how she longed to be there for her daughter, but her pride was such that she couldn't bring herself to face Ginny and ask for her forgiveness. Or him-the one that took her away. At times she felt she might hate him, but then she'd remember the look on Ginny's face when she looked at him that last day. She loved him.

Life went on for everyone. Marriages and babies meant the Weasley family was bursting at the seams for any family get together. Yet now, more than ever, Ginny's absence was felt more by her loved ones. The children were told stories of their fiery Aunt Ginny, from when she was a little girl to her last days at the Burrow. They were told with love and laughter, but when the children asked their fathers when they would meet Aunt Ginny, their faces turned to sorrow. Owls and even fire-calls were one thing, but it lacked the same as her physical presence. Her brothers all wanted her back in their life.

Back home.











Reviews 72
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear