Search:

SIYE Time:5:10 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Living for the Moment
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, General, Humor
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 44
Summary: AU Set in the early 1900's. To gain allies in the threat of a dark wizard who wants supremacy over the Muggles, England's Minister for Magic has arranged marriages for his six sons.
Hitcount: Story Total: 29459; Chapter Total: 3768







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry woke early, and Apparated to the Burrow, straight into Ginny's bedroom. She was not in her bed, although Harry heard her in the hall talking to Nymphadora. He hid behind her door, waiting for her to enter. When she did, he came behind her and put his hand over her mouth. Immediately she bit down on it, grabbed his arm and flung him over her shoulder. He lay spread eagled on the floor of her bedroom. He looked up to see her standing over him grinning.

“Ow,” said Harry, winded.

“Sorry,” smirked Ginny. “You startled me.”

“Remind me never to throw you a surprise birthday party,” said Harry, rubbing his butt.

Ginny watched him as he stood. “What are you doing here? It's so early,” she asked.

“I had to come. Ginny, I overheard Draco last night in your father's study. He was firecalling his father,” said Harry.

“King Lucius,” said Ginny. Harry nodded, and told her what he had overheard.

Ginny paled. “What does he mean, after I give them a healthy heir, what happens to me is of no consequence?” she asked.

Harry couldn't meet her eyes. He shrugged, not wanting to admit the truth.

“Tell me,” she demanded.

“I don't know,” he said lamely.

Ginny sank on to her bed. “Merlin, how can I get out of this without upsetting my father and his ties with Albania and the King?”

Harry got down on his knees in front of her. “Ginny, do you trust me?”

Ginny nodded instantly. Harry's heart lightened. “Just remember, what I do or say is for a reason. I have no wish to hurt you, please believe me on that.”

Ginny nodded, standing up. Harry stood too, taking her in his arms. “I hope very soon that your intended marriage to Prince Draco will be called off. I will do everything I can, I promise you this.”

“Thank you Harry,” said Ginny softly.

Harry couldn't help it, he took her in his arms. “I would do anything for you, Ginny.” He kissed her and she kissed him back.

“Oh,” gasped Nymphadora from the door. She looked shocked to see Harry in Ginny's bedroom. “Beg pardon, Miss, Mister,”

“Come in, Nymph and shut the door quickly,” said Ginny. Nymphadora did, shutting the door on her toe.

She limped to Ginny's side. “I've come to help you dress, Miss Ginny.”

“I will leave you lovely ladies,” said Harry. “Perhaps I could talk with your father.”

“The Minister has been called to the Ministry on urgent business,” said Nymphadora.

“This early?” asked Ginny. It was still only eight o'clock.

Harry's stomach growled, reminding him he hadn't had breakfast. “Go downstairs. It won't take me long to dress, and I shall join you for breakfast,” Ginny told him.

“Vey well. Nymphadora, remember what I asked you last night?” asked Harry. Nymphadora nodded.

“Good. I shall see you two downstairs shortly,” said Harry, bowing as he left her room. Nymphadora and Ginny looked at each other and started chuckling.

“He's quite dashing, isn't he?” asked Nymphadora. “Pity he's not a Prince. He'd treat you well, that he would.”

“Oh Nymph, I don't care if he's a prince or a peddlar. He's a good man, and, oh Nymph, I think I love him,” cried Ginny.

“You think?” asked Nymphadora, slipping a dress over Ginny's head.

“I know I should not think about it, not until this ghastly mess with Prince Draco is sorted. Oh Nymph, do you think there is even the possibility that-no, I mustn't think like this-my duty is to my father. I must wed who he deems best,” said Ginny, trying not to let herself get her hopes up.

“Never hurts to dream though, does it?” asked Nymphadora.

“I did dream about him last night,” admitted Ginny, turning so Nymphadora could button up her dress.

“He didn't stay here the night, did he?” asked Nymphadora, shocked.

“No! Nymph, I would never dishonour my father that way,” said Ginny. She sat down to let Nymphadora fix her hair. “Something quick and easy today, Nymph. I don't want to keep Harry waiting too long.”

Ginny hurried down the stairs. Harry had been standing in the lounge, looking out the window over the colourful gardens. He smiled as he saw her, and Ginny knew she loved him. Just like that. Her heart flipped as he smiled and held out his hand to assist her to the table. She let him take her hand, wanting his touch.

Ginny greeted the house elf who helped Nymphadora with the household chores and did the cooking. “Good morning, Winky. Breakfast looks delicious, as always.”

“Morning Miss Ginny. Mister Harry,” smiled Winky. “The Minister apologises for his absence and hopes to be home soon.”

“Thank you Winky,” said Ginny. Harry liked the way she talked to her household staff. She never talked down to them and always acknowledged them.

The floo flared and Percy stepped out, quickly followed by Ron. “Good morning. Why are you here so early? Where are your brides?” asked Ginny.

Both her brothers blushed charmingly. “Audrey is organising my wardrobe, deciding on the best things for me to take to Ireland,” said Percy.

“When will you leave?” asked Ginny.

“We will leave for Ireland on Wednesday,” said Percy. Ginny nodded, saddened as she realised her brothers would soon be spread far and wide across Europe.

“Hermione's still in bed. Reading,” clarified Ron. “Merlin, I think she brought more books than clothes with her. She's really smart. Going to make a big difference at the Ministry, I reckon,” he said with a touch of pride.

The floo lit up and Draco stepped out. He smiled charmingly. “Ah, good morning, everyone. Charles, Frederick, I enjoyed your nuptials yesterday.”

“I'm not Charles, I'm Ron and he's Percy,” said Ron, pointing to Percy. “Smarmy git,” he muttered under his breath to Harry, who stood nearby. Harry hid his grin behind his hand.

“My apologies. I guess I should get everyone's name right. I mean, we are to be brothers,” announced Draco.

“What the-” began Ron.

“I beg your pardon?” asked Percy.

“We'll be brothers when I marry Ginevra in a month's time. I hope you and your lovely brides can attend our celebrations?”

“A month!” gasped Ginny. She looked desperately at Harry who moved to her side.

The floo flared again as Arthur stepped out. He seemed surprised to see so many people in his dining room.

“Good morning everyone,” he said, kissing Ginny on her cheek. He turned to his sons. “I'm surprised to see you boys so early this morning.”

“Sir, I need to talk to you,”said Harry.

“As do I,” said Draco.

“Dad, the Prince here said he and Ginny are getting married in a month, is that true?” asked Ron.

“My apologies, Minister, I had hoped to talk to you about it this morning,” said Draco, shooting Ron a look. Harry could tell these two would never be 'brothers', probably not even friends.

“Sir, I really need to speak to you first,” implored Harry.

“I'm sorry Harry, but I should speak with Prince Draco first. Ginny is the most important thing to me right now,” said Arthur, looking with love at his daughter.

“Sir, this is about Ginny. Please, it is of the upmost importance,” begged Harry.

“Well as her future husband, I demand to know what it is. What could you possibly have to say to her father than you can't say to me,” said Draco arrogantly.

“Very well, if you insist. I wanted to confess to Arthur that two nights ago, I ...spent the night with Ginevra,” said Harry.

A gasp left everyone's mouth. Harry looked at Ginny. She looked hurt at his confession, but he looked at her, begging for her understanding. With a blazing look, he knew she understood what he was doing. She bowed her head demurely.

“What? Is this true? Ginevra, I demand answers. Is this true?” yelled Draco, grabbing Ginny's arms and shaking her.

“Here now, let her go,” yelled Arthur, pushing the prince away from her.

“Of course it's not true,” scoffed Percy. “Ginny wouldn't do that.”

“You watch your mouth, Mister,” said Ron. “Nobody treats my sister like that, Prince or not!”

“I am the Prince of Albania. I have the right to know the actions of my intended bride. She must be pure of blood and virtue,” said Draco, haughtily. Ron, Percy and Harry glared at him.

Arthur looked at Ginny. “Ginny, is this true? Did you spend the night with Harry?”

Ginny looked at her father. Her good, kindly father, whom she adored. She knew her answer would hurt him. “I'm so sorry, Father. I must not tell a lie... it is true.”

Her brothers and father gasped. Harry looked at her with pity, knowing that it was always the witch who's reputation was in shreds after confessions like this. He hoped when this was all over her family would understand.

Draco opened his mouth to speak, but once again, the floo flared. To everyone's surprise, out stepped the King and Queen of Andulasia, James and Lily. They were accompanied by Harry's godfather Sirius Black and Harry's former tutor Remus Lupin.

“Mum, Dad! What are you doing here?” asked Harry.

“A little rat told us you've got yourself into a spot of trouble,” said James, looking around. “Aha.”

In the corner, a rat transformed himself into his human form. “Peter Pettigrew!” exclaimed Harry. He turned back to his parents. “You sent him to follow me, watch over me?” he asked angrily.

“For your protection,” said Lily calmly.

Peter smiled sheepishly at Harry, who glared back at one of his father's oldest friends.

“Excuse me, but who are they?” asked Ginny, confused.

Harry turned to her. “Ginny, this is my Mum and Dad. That's my godfather, Sirius and my tutor Remus, although now he's my Dad's personal advisor. That is Peter Pettigrew, my Dad's top security officer. Mum, Dad, this is Ginny.”

James and Lily shared a smile at the way Harry introduced her, with so much warmth in his voice. He looked at her with love.

“King James, Queen Lily, it is good to make your aquaintance again,”said Draco, bowing to them.

“King? Queen?” murmured Ginny faintly.

“They're just my parents,” said Harry. She shot him a glare.

“Hello Draco,” said Queen Lily, stiffly. She had never been a fan of Draco's parents and she'd heard their son was as arrogant as his father. “I'm sorry, are we interrupting something? I thought I heard arguing as we were coming through.”

This reminded Draco of what he had been about to say. He turned back to Ginny and pointed.
“Slut! You can consider our betrothal broken. I won't have damaged goods in my bed.”

Even though it was what she wanted, Ginny's eyes still burned with unshed tears at the horrible things he was saying, and in front of so many witnesses. She was thankful and proud of the way her brothers had stuck up for her and she hated the way she felt that she had let her family down.

“You Sir, had best leave my house while you can. You shall never set foot here again, for you are not welcome. Nobody talks to my daughter like that. You Sir, are no gentleman. Good day,” said Arthur angrily, pointing to the floo.

Draco gathered his expensive robes around him and looked around with distaste. “Wait till my father hears about this.” He stepped into the floo and left.

“Good riddance to bad rubbish,” said Nymphadora, then blushed as everyone turned to look at her. Her hair turned magenta and she mumbled something and turned to leave quickly, tripping over the broom she'd left in the hall.

“Wait, Miss,” called Remus, hurrying after her.

“Go get her, Remus old chap,” chortled Sirius.

Exchanging a smile with his godfather and parents, Harry turned back to Ginny. She was looking at him funny. If Harry didn't know better he'd say she was mad-at him?

“So, you're the Prince of Andulasia, Harry?” said Ginny in a low voice.

Harry gulped and nodded.












Reviews 44
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear