Search:

SIYE Time:14:54 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Living for the Moment
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, General, Humor
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 44
Summary: AU Set in the early 1900's. To gain allies in the threat of a dark wizard who wants supremacy over the Muggles, England's Minister for Magic has arranged marriages for his six sons.
Hitcount: Story Total: 29368; Chapter Total: 3283







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Levicorpus!” cried Ginny, swinging Harry upside down.

“Not again,” groaned Harry. “Gin, please-”

Ginny walked around him, twirling her wand. “You let me go on and on about how much I admired Queen Lily when we were in Godric's Hollow, and -”

“You took her to Godric's Hollow?” asked Lily, interrupting Ginny.

“Technically she took me,” said Harry. “I haven't been there since I was little. I forgot where it was.”

From upside down, Harry shared a smile with his mother.

“-you never thought to mention that, hey, that's my Mum and Dad you're talking about. Oh, and did I mention that makes me the Prince. No, you bloody well did not,” snapped Ginny.

“This is getting interesting,” said Sirius, sitting down next to Peter.

“She's a lot like Lily. Fiery and passionate. He's chosen well,” whispered Peter. Sirius nodded, and they turned their attention back to Harry and Ginny.

“Did you get a laugh out of fooling me? Ruining my reputation? Was I just amusing you until it was time for you to go back and get married yourself, to some respectable Lady or Princess or whatever,” said Ginny.

“Harry is expected to marry within the month,” admitted James.

Ginny stared at Harry with hurt in her eyes. “So everything was a lie?”

“Ginny, no,” cried Harry, waving his arms around which made him spin in the air. “Will you please put me down?”

“No,” cried Ginny. “I just wish I could feed you to a dragon or a hippogryph right now!”

“Where's a hippogryph when you need one?” muttered Sirius. Peter chuckled.

“Ginny, please, I swear to you. Everything we shared was true. All the time together, the kisses. That night we spent together was-”

“Well well, our Pup is a Dawg!” smirked Sirius.

“Shut Up!” yelled an upset Ginny and Harry.

Arthur stepped up and put his arm around Ginny. “I don't like what I'm hearing here. I won't stand by and see my daughter hurt and her good name ruined.”

James and Lily looked at each other, then turned to Arthur. “You are right, Arthur. Ginny seems a lovely young lady. Passionate and charming. We must make amends for Harry's poor judgement,” said James, with a wink to his son.

“How can he do that?” asked Arthur.

“I fear there is only one way,” sighed Lily. “They must marry as soon as possible.”

“What?” asked Harry, hardly believing his ears.

“Pardon me?” asked Ginny, at the same time.

“We should announce their betrothal immediately. Arthur, as the father of the bride, perhaps you'd like to do the honours? Ginevra, you shall return with us to Andulasia to begin to learn the ways of our country. We can plan the wedding for a month's time. Arthur, you and your family will be most welcome to come and stay with us in the palace for the celebrations,” said Lily.

“What about the Prince? Er, Malfoy?” asked Ron, as people looked from him to Harry.

“We can say that Ginevra accepted Harry's proposal and not his. It will make anything he says appear as sour grapes,” said James.

“Well now, that sounds reasonable. Ginny love, what do you think?” asked Arthur.

Ginny looked at the King and Queen. She felt a kinship with Lily, and thought of all she knew about her. There were so many things she could learn from her. In James she could see where Harry got his good looks from. She could also see the man and the king he would become.

She glanced to Peter and Sirius, Remus and Nymph. Sirius actually winked at her, and Peter beamed, nodding encouragingly. Remus was looking down at Nymph in peculiar way, like he was stunned by her. Nymph was giving her the thumbs up.

Her brothers smiled at her, as did her father. In their eyes she saw the love of her family.

Finally she looked at Harry. He had a big goofy grin on his face, even hanging upside down. She took a step closer to him. Their lips were aligned, but for now, she was looking into his eyes.

“Tell me, Harry. What will our marriage be like?” she asked him.

“I hope our marriage will be a happy one. Like my parents, when we become King and Queen, I hope that we can rule together, to help our people to celebrate the good times and help them through the bad times. I hope that our marriage will be based on respect for one another. I hope that in my toughest times as King, you will be the one I can confide in, the shoulder I can lean on. I hope that-”

Ginny kissed him. Harry thought how strange it felt to kiss upside down, but as long as she wasn't angry at him anymore, he didn't mind. Neither of them noticed the amused looks from the onlookers.

Ginny stopped kissing him. “Liberacorpus,” she called, and held out her wand to assist him in settling back the right way and on his feet gently.

“Well, it seems everyone is happy with that decision,” said Sirius, rubbing his hands together.

“You didn't let me finish,” said Harry, taking her hands in his. “I hope that you will learn to love me as I love you. From that love our children will come, to continue our reign when our time is done. I promise you my eternal love and devotion.”

“I cannot learn to love you, for I already do,” admitted Ginny. “I also promise eternal love and devotion. I will strive to be worthy to rule by your side, for your people are now my people,” said Ginny with tears in her eyes.

Harry took her in his arms and kissed her passionately.

“Er, I think I should be getting back to Hermione. Blimey, won't she be surprised? Looks like we're going to Andulasia for a wedding!” said Ron, rubbing his hands together in satisfaction.

Harry and Ginny broke apart and accepted congratulations from their family. James, Remus and Arthur sat down and quickly wrote an announcement of the engagement, which Arthur sent off to the Daily Prophet.

“What about the Changs?” Sirius asked Lily quietly. She grinned at him. “I never had any intentions of Harry marrying Lady Chang. He just needed some encouragement to find the right one. I think his choice is perfect, don't you?”

“Potters and red-heads, what can I say?” sighed Sirius, making Lily laugh.

“She will become a great Queen. With counsel from you and James, they will see our country through the dark times ahead,” said Peter wisely.

'Well said, old chum,” said Remus, patting Peter on the back.

“Ginevra, I suggest you come to Andulasia with us when we leave England tomorrow. That will give you today to farewell your family and pack. Perhaps you should bring a chaperone with you, a companion. You, young lady, what is your name?” asked Lily.

“Nymphadora, Your Majesty,” said Nymphadora, cutseying and nearly falling over. Sirius and Peter chuckled, until Remus silenced them with a severe look.

“If you can be spared, perhaps you could accompany Ginevra to Andulasia. I'm sure she would be happy with a familiar face. She will need a housemaid there, too. Would you like that?” asked Lily.

“Yes, Ma'am, thank you Ma'am,” said Nymphadora, curtseying again. She stood up and sent a side-long glance at the man they called Remus. She blushed and her hair turned green as she saw him staring at her.

“Matchmaking, Darling?” James whispered to Lily.

“I have never seen Remus so smitten,” whispered Lily back. They turned their attention back to the people in the room.

“Harry, Ginevra, perhaps you'd like to accompany us to Godric's Hollow? I'm sure Lily wants to see her family's resting place again while we are here,” said James, bestowing a tender look on his wife. She nodded happily.

“Thank you, Sir,” said Ginny giddily. Everything was happening so fast. Harry tightened his grasp of her waist, and she smiled up at him.

“Tonight we shall dine at the finest restaurant in England. An engagement celebration. Arthur, perhaps you and your family could join us, and we'll make some plans for the wedding,” announced James grandly.

Arthur bowed his head in gratitude. “My family and I would be honoured James, thank you, my friend.”

“Harry, if you can tear yourself away from your fiancee, perhaps you could see us back to our hotel. We have things to discuss. We should also take a trip to Gringott's. There are things we need to get from the family vault. Ginevra, we shall return for you at eleven? All right?” asked James.

“Yes, Sir,” said Ginny. She turned to Harry. “See you in a while, Fiance.” She giggled.

Arthur, James and Lily were talking, so Sirius and Peter came over to Harry and Ginny. “So how did the two of you meet, anyway?” asked Sirius.

“It's a funny story, Sirius. Remember when you told me beautiful witches don't fall out of trees. Well, Ginny did, or I should say, her shoe did. Hit me plum on the head. Then she pelted me with the other one,” said Harry, rubbing his head. “Think I still have the bruise to show for it, too.”

Sirius threw back his head and laughed.
Reviews 44
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear