Search:

SIYE Time:14:57 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ginny Weasley and the Squire of Wordenshire
By Shamrock Holmes

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Crossover
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 35
Summary: Cast out of Hogwarts after the Chamber of Secrets, Ginny Weasley's future was adrift until a chance encounter four years later opens up a new opportunity for adventure and the future.
Hitcount: Story Total: 27239; Chapter Total: 4061





Author's Notes:
This story diverges significantly from accepted canon for the Harry Potter series from the outset, as in addition to the crossover elements, there are several deviations from the books, two of which is touched upon in this chapter, and others that will be covered where they fit into the narrative. The timeline of the DC Comics elements borrows heavily from Young Justice (2011), but adds elements and characters from the comics, and relocates the series to the late Sixties and early Seventies rather than the 'New Tens' as screened, and is fairly heavy on 'legacy' and original characters as a result.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Svalbard
30th April, 0800 CEST, 305 AS



Ginny tried to ignore the enticing smells coming off the food stalls as she walked past them. Her belly was definitely keen on getting some food into it soon, but she didn't have any Sickles on her, and besides, even though they'd finished off the last of the stew last night, she was pretty sure they had a few sandwiches left back at the tent, which — even if they were past their best after a week under Preservation Charms — should do.

When she heard a familiar voice, she almost ignored it - it wasn't the first she'd heard that week and few of them had even been friendly — but then she realised when she'd last heard that particular voice.

"Harry -- oh, Harry -- I tried to tell you at b-breakfast, but I c-couldn't say it in front of Percy -- it was me, Harry -- but I -- I s-swear I d-didn't mean to -- R-Riddle made me, he t-took me over -- and - how did you kill that -- that thing? W-where's Riddle? The last thing I r-remember is him coming out of the diary --"

"It's all right," said Harry, holding up the diary, and showing Ginny the fang hole, "Riddle's finished. Look! Him and the basilisk. C'mon, Ginny, let's get out of here --"

"I'm going to be expelled!" Ginny wept as Harry helped her awkwardly to her feet. "I've looked forward to coming to Hogwarts ever since B-Bill came and n-now I'll have to leave and -- w-what'll Mum and Dad say?"

Harry?
Ginny thought, and turned towards the direction of the voice. For a moment she couldn't see anyone that looked like him in the crowd.

Then she spotted a dark-haired boy wearing Muggle jeans, a parka and a red hat — a 'booseball cap' she thought they were called — accepting a couple of the delicious-smelling rolls from one of the stall-holders.

Then he turned towards her, and Ginny felt a flash of disappointment when she saw his eyes were blue, not green. But then he looked up and saw her, and then he smiled, and then she suddenly knew, that despite the blue eyes, despite the boy's entirely too short and tidy brown hair, despite common sense telling her that it couldn't be Harry James Potter that was now walking towards her...

“Hi Ginny, said the blue-eyed boy. “Would you like a byurek?”

It was.





Ginny was so shocked it felt like an age before she was able to respond. With a nod, she accepted the pastry — Weasleys didn't accept charity, but food was food, and that was different — and quickly bit into it.

Harry smiled, then took another pastry out of the bag and began eating it. “How are you, Ginny? Ron, the twins, did Hermione recover? I haven't seen any of you since...”

Professor McGonagall's face was as imperturbable as always as she joined the two of them in the Infirmary the day after Harry and Ron had rescued her from the Chamber. As always she got right to the point. “Mr Potter, Miss Weasley. The Governors met early this morning to discuss your situation and I'm afraid it is their judgement that for endangering the students of Hogwarts by recklessly opening the Chamber of Secrets-”

“But, Professor...” Harry began, but was silenced by a glare from the acting headmistress.

“... Both of you are to be expelled from the school,” she finished. “Please hand over your wands.”

Ginny immediately handed hers over, and Harry did so a moment later. McGonagall laid them on a side table and drew her own wand.
“Conteram Virgam!”

She turned back to them, her face briefly showing a rare flash of emotion, before returned her usual impassive expression. “You may remain here until Madam Pomphrey is satisfied that your reckless actions haven't done you any further harm, and then you will escorted back to Gryffindor Tower to collect your things and leave the premises.”

“But Professor, can't I least...”

“No exceptions, Mr Potter. Goodbye.” Professor McGonagall replied, and then turned and quickly left the room.


Blushing slightly, Ginny swallowed her current mouthful, “I'm okay, Harry. Xeno Lovegood, one of our neighbours, took me on as his apprentice.”

Harry paused for a moment, “Doesn't he run the Quibbler?”

“How do you...?”

“I'm not entirely out of touch with Wizarding Britain,” Harry admitted. “I try to keep an ear out for certain things.” He scowled. “I don't think the ploy with the Diary, was the least we'll hear of the white-robed wizards.”

In Ginny's opinion, that 'answer' raised at least as many questions as it answered, but she wasn't doing an interview, so she decided to drop it for now. “It's not exactly my dream job, but after the rumours about my — our — expulsion started making the rounds I didn't exactly have a lot of choices.”

Harry nodded. “My Cousin Beryl has some contacts in the government, so she was able to set me up with...” he paused, looking slightly wary.

“With?”

“I probably shouldn't say any more,” said Harry. “Who do you fancy for the match?”

“The Vixens having been storming through the rankings, so they'll be a tough team to beat.”

Harry nodded.

“But the twins and I reckon that the Harpies'll still win. Ron's mainly sore that he's missing it. Dad couldn't get tickets.”

“Interesting...” said Harry. “I suppose the twins've got a bet on?”

Ginny shook her head. “They gave me some money to put on for them, but nobody seems to be interested.”

“Do they have any plans for the money?”

“They want to open a joke shop,” Ginny admitted, her confidence rising now they were on a safer topic. “Some of their stuff is pretty good.”

“I think I know someone who'd take that bet for them. If you'll trust me?” Harry said.

Ginny blushed, of course she trusted him. It was herself she wasn't sure about. She nodded.

“How much have you got?”

“Not sure, hang on,” Ginny replied and after a moment of digging around in her jeans pocket, fished out the money bag the twins had given her and started counting out the gold, silver and bronze coins, while watching him out of the corner of her eye, something that she'd done a lot of during her disastrous year at Hogwarts.

For a moment, Harry watched her as well, and then his attention appeared to drawn away. He almost seemed to be listening to something.

“Thirty Galleons, five Sickles, seven Knuts,” Ginny finished. “A bit less than they were hoping for, I think, but...” She tipped the coins back into the bag and handed them over to Harry.

“Sorry Ginny, it was nice talking to you...” Harry told her, after pocketing both the money bag. “I've got to go. I'll sort out that bet for you. Be careful.”

“I will,” Ginny assured him.

“I know you will,” Harry said, and put his hand out.

Ginny blushed, but took him up on his offer. As she grasped his hand, she could feel him passing her something.

“If you're ever in danger... squeeze this and say 'help', and I'll find you.”

“W-w-what... h-h-how...” stammered Ginny, unable to say anything until after he'd disappeared into the crowd. She looked down at the object. It appeared to be a broach, a blue and silver circle with two silver letters in the middle. “Who or what is a 'JL'?” she wondered, then shrugged. The match would be starting soon; there would be plenty of time later to ponder the mystery of Harry Potter later.





Bryntröll Stadium, Svalbard
30th April, 1300 CEST



Ginny shivered a little as she mounted the steps of the Press Box, she'd got used to the freezing temperatures of the island over the last couple of days, but for some reason, even being a few dozen feet up made things even worse, she sat down next to Luna and gratefully accepted the cup of hot chocolate that her friend offered her.

“Are you all-right, Ginny?” she asked, looking surprisingly focused. “You look a little distracted.”

Ginny snorted, finding a little amusing that Luna of all people was called her distracted. But she was saved from having to try and explain the situation by the announcer entering the VIP box.

"Hello everyone,” he said, his voice echoed over them, booming into every corner of the stands. “And welcome to what promises to be an exciting third round game as European Cup veterans, the Holyhead Harpies, take on the underdog... Vlatavastok Vixens!

"For the Harpies today we have... Carter, Copeland, Norris, Nunez, Reynolds, McLaughlin, and JONES!

"And in yellow, for the Vixens... Zamfirscu, Raducanu, Szilagyi, Funascu, Ceausescu, Hadescu, and. LIXANDROIU!"

"The Quaffle is in the air. Taken by Funascu, she makes a break for the goal, intercepted by McLaughlin, Carter takes the Quaffle… she shoots. Saved by Lixandroiu. The Vixens in possession."

"Carter snatches the Quaffle, Katrina Carter of the Harpies, flying for the the Vixens' goal. Passes one Chaser, the second, and the third. She shoots and scores for the Harpies, opening the scoring at ten to zero The Harpies are still in possession, Joanne Copeland with the Quaffle, manoeuvring for a shoot, ducks a Bludger from Beater Zamfirscu of the Vixens, she shoots... scores again. Carter takes the Quaffle for the Harpies, ducks a swing from Beater Raducanu, reverse pass to Norris. She shoots, Lixandroiu deflects it just in time. Copeland intercepts, and scores again for the Harpies! They now lead thirty to zero."

"After a valiant attempt on goal by Hadescu, but the Harpies regain possession, Copeland on a break-away. She shoots... the Harpies scores again to regain their thirty point lead at forty to zero! The Vixens now in possession, Ceausescu has the Quaffle, she dodges Copeland and Carter, she's lined up for the goal. Oh! She gets a Bludger from behind from McLaughlin and she drops the Quaffle, the Harpies now in possession. Carter streaking up the left side... she turns hard, good throw for the goal. Score! The Harpies are now fifty to zero, and the Vixens have possession."

"A tricky manoeuvre by Claudia Zamfirscu of the Vixens brings the score to fifty to ten, the Vixens retain possession... Hadescu jockeying for position, Copeland and Norris on the intercept, tries to climb above them, drops the Quaffle to Funascu, she shoots and the Vixens close the gap to thirty points."

"But it looks like the Harpies aren't going to take that lying down. Copeland snags the Quaffle, long pass to Carter, who puts another one away to bring the score to sixty to twenty. Is that the Snitch?"

It was. Nunez and Szilagyi both saw it at the same time, and dived for it. One of the the Vixens' Beater hit a Bludger in Nunez's direction but it was easily deflected back by Jones. Roger looped behind the second Bludger and hit it in Szilagyi's direction. He dodged it easily, but the manoeuvre cost him precious seconds. "With a nice use of the Plumpton Pass, Seeker Reynolds captures the Snitch and the Harpies win two-hundred and ten to twenty!" The Harpies fans roared with delight, Ginny joining them as most of the fans filed out of the stands, the Harpies chanting victory songs as they went.





Svalbard
30th April, 2300 CEST



Where are you, Harry? Ginny asked desperately as she fled with the crowd towards the woods. “Help!” she yelled again, squeezing the broach desperately.

At that moment, a white-robed wizard's spell just grazed her flank, but caused the nearby to explode in a ball of fire. Blinded by the sudden brightness, Ginny staggered forward for a moment then tripped, dropping the broach and striking her head on some metallic. “No, please.... help!” she moaned, as she fought to remain conscious. “Someone... help.” But she could feel herself losing consciousness and then the mostly black night closed in...





A sharp pain in her side woke her a little later. She turned over and despite herself nearly screamed.

A white-robed wizard standing over, wand pointed at her. “You're awake...” he snarled. “Good, it's not as much if they don't scream...” he snarled. “Time to die... Engels meisje!”

Ginny tried pull herself up to run, but she knew it was hopeless... no wand, painful ankle, head aching, she lowered her head in despair. Mum, Dad... I'm sorry, I'll miss you.

The white-robed wizard raised his wand. “Ava... aargh!”

Ginny looked up with a start. The white-robed wizard, who a moment ago had been about to end her miserable life, was now staggering backwards, gripping his wand arm — which appeared to have some balls on a string wrapped around it — clearly in pain.

“I don't think so!” declared a familiar voice from the forest.

“Harry!” exclaimed Ginny. “You came!”

“Of course I did, Ginny,” said Harry, who having apparently changed at some point as he was now wearing some sort of form-fitting silver and white hooded suit, and silver gloves and boots. All-in-all, he looked a lot like some of those 'super people' she'd seen in the Muggle papers that Mister Lovegood sometimes bought for 'research'. He bent down and looked at her. “Are you all right?”

Ginny nodded. “My head hurts, and my ankle. But now you're here...”

“How dare you!” snarled the white-robed wizard, having come to his senses and realised what was happening. “I'll kill you for that, Muggle!”

“He's no Muggle,” declared Ginny, surprised at her daring. “And neither am I!”

Before she could think twice about it, she snatched up the fallen wand and pointed it at the white-robed wizard. “Mucus Vespertilius!”

The white-robed wizard's mask was knocked from his face as a cloud of large, black bats that flew out of his nose and started circling his head.

“That'll keep him occupied for a while,” observed Harry dryly, then turned back to Ginny. “Can you stand?”

“Maybe... don't think I can run though,” she admitted.

“More help's on the way,” Harry told her. “Let me help you up.”

He held out his arm and Ginny was about to lean on it when a spell came from behind them and caused another tent to explode. Ginny screamed as chucks of burnt canvas rained done on them. “Cover your head!” Harry yelled. “And stay down!”

“I can help!” Ginny insisted, gripping her stolen wand.

“Not now!” Harry glanced back at her, then drew what appeared to be two wing-shaped cylinders from pouches on his belt. He turned back to the white-robed wizards and threw the cylinders in their direction. “Have some of your own!”

Ginny wasn't sure what he meant for a moment, but then the objects hit the ground and three of the white-robed wizards were blown back by an explosion and two more were enveloped in some sort of gas. This didn't seem to bother them all that much, as they shot spells back at Harry, but their aim was off and he dodged, then drew another pair of cylinders and threw them at the two attackers. They hit them, enveloping them briefly in what looked like lightning. They screamed briefly and then fell to the ground.

“Are they dead?” asked Ginny, honestly not sure which answer she wanted.

“Not dead,” Harry replied. “Just knocked out.” Then he got that 'listening' look again for a moment. “She's here.”

“Where?” asked Ginny, looking around but seeing only the dead, the unconscious and the fires... then just for a second, over one of the burning tents, she saw a slight shimmer in the air, as if something was flying towards them, then it was gone. But seconds later she saw it again, but this time the 'shimmer' was fading into view, turning into a dark-green triangular 'thing' that looked a little like a cross between a Muggle plane and the eagle rays that Bill had sent her photos of once. “What is that?!”

“My new friends,” Harry replied. “And our ticket out of here.”

The 'eagle ray-plane' swung around in mid-air, Planes aren't supposed to do that... are they? And then settled down to hover a couple of feet off the ground. Then the back of it melted downwards and formed a sort of ramp. That's not right... is it? thought Ginny, but when Harry moved towards it, she hobbled after him.

The first part of it was a small cargo area, similar to the backs of the vans she'd seen unloading in the village, then the floor split in half around a sort of 'throne', with two high-backed chairs flanking it a little further down. Harry headed towards the left-hand chair and helped Ginny into it. Then he turned to the 'throne', Ginny followed his gaze, not sure what to expect.

Which wasn't a slim, dark-haired girl, a little younger than herself, but with an expression that spoke of intelligence and a lot more self-confidence than Ginny had felt in a long time.

“Ginny, meet Maddy Magnuson, one of the new friends Beryl introduced me to. Maddy, this is Ginny Weasley, she's the girl I told you about. She was injured in the chaos, and with the situation being what it is...”

Harry talked about me...

“Pleasure to meet you, Ginny,” said Maddy. “I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about...”

Any further attempts at conversation were cut-off when an odd gust of wind blew into the room, and another girl, this one with darker skin visible in her face and forearms, wearing a similar outfit to Harry, seemed to appear out of nowhere. “Dalmatian is clear,” reported the girl. “The English and Danish Ministries are arriving in force.”

“That's our exit cue!” declared Harry, sliding a fourth chair that had melted up out of the floor at the front of the triangular room. “Maz, buckle up! Maddy, engage cloak and get us off the ground!”

“Done! Going!” replied the pair in unison, as Ginny could feel herself behind pushed back into her chair.

She tried to stay awake, but she could feel herself, loosing the battle. It was all she could do to gasp, “Harry...” before passing out.





Underground Cave, Location Unknown
1st May, 0930 BST



Ginny groaned as she drifted back into consciousness, then panicked as she found herself in a cave, but before she could act, a voice broke into her awareness. "Ginny, it's all right, don't panic! You're safe!"

"Oh, Harry!" Ginny gasped. "For a moment, I thought...!"

"That you were back in the Chamber," Harry finished, for her. He was back in the Muggle t-shirt and jeans he'd worn earlier. "Sorry, I should guessed you'd be a little freaked... it's just that this is the closest base that we have access to, and the ship was damaged..."

"It's okay, Harry," Ginny assured him. "If you say it's okay, I trust you. What happened... how long have I been out?"

"A little under twelve hours," replied another voice from behind Ginny. "You had a minor head injury and a superficial burn to your shoulder, both easily corrected."

The voice moved into view, it was a stocky, round-faced, elderly man. "Mister Potter, if you would do the honours?" asked the man, in what Ginny thought might be an American accent. He was dressed in a Muggle trousers, shirt, waistcoat and bolo tie and wearing thick-lensed glasses.

"Sorry, uh, Hank," Harry stammered. "Ginny, this is ... Hank Hackenbacker, the caretaker of this particular safe-house. Hank, this is Ginny Weasley, youngest child of Arthur and Molly Weasley of Ottery St Catchpole."

"A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Miss Weasley," replied the old man. "Mister Potter has mentioned you and your family on several occasions, he has spoken well of you."

"Thank you," said Ginny, blushing slightly.

Hank turned to Harry, "Miss Magnuson reports that your bio-ship has gone into what she refers to a 'regenerative stasis'. She has returned to the Watchtower to consult with M'arzz on the matter."

Harry sighed, "Can she tell how long it'll take?"

"Apparently not," replied Hank. "Until then, you will be limited to Anastasia and Zylbat or the Zeta Tubes, as the H'L'umm and the other Th'rkks are tied up on other cases."

"Harry, what's going on? Where are we?" asked Ginny. "I'm confused..."

"Sorry, I'm a little distracted," confessed Harry. "We're in a Justice League safe-house near my guardian's house."

"Justice League?"

"It's a global defence group associated with the United Nations, an Muggle political group a bit like the International Confederation of Wizards."

"Harry! The Statute...!"

"Doesn't apply," Harry retorted. "The League isn't entirely Muggle and has acted in the interests of Magical World against mutual threats on several occasions."

"Thank you?"

"You're welcome," replied Hank. A beeping noise distracted him and he wandered over to one of the walls, where what looked like a giant portrait made of oddly smooth Muggle materials and touched a panel on the desk below. "Harry, our liaison at British Ministry of Magic has made contact with Miss Weasley's father. He has agreed to meet up with us at the Consulting Room. Professor Marks is also on his way."

"The Consulting Room?"

"Another Justice League safe-house in London," replied Hank. "For various reasons of historical nostalgia and security, we prefer to use it as our meeting place for encounters with your Ministry, rather risk compromising one of our more critical facilities."

An orange-and-black blur sped past the front of the cave and coalesced into a vaguely familiar figure, the same dark-skinned teenager who'd been on the 'bio-ship' with Harry, now dressed more formally in loose trousers, tunic and headscarf. "Harry, I couldn't find much in the spare clothing vault in Ginny's size, but I hope this is all right?"

"I'm sure they'll be fine, Maz," said Harry, indicating that she should hand them over and then headed over to where the old man was standing to give them a little privacy.

Ginny quickly switched her damaged clothes for the offered Muggle t-shirt and tracksuit, which were rather loose fit but comfortable, and the new Muggle trainers which were rather less so, but wearable. "I'm ready."

"Then let's go," said Harry, joining them again. "Maz, take point. Scout out the area, make sure there are no 'surprises'."

"On it," agreed Maz and sped towards an archway on the opposite side of the cave which immediately lit up in a strange blue light.

"Recognised, Rush Hour B135," A strange, inhuman voice declared, and then she heard a whirring sound and the Indian girl disappeared in a flash of blue-white light.

"What, the...?" exclaimed Ginny.

"A Muggle form of transportation similar to the Floo Network," Harry told her. "It's perfectly safe."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely," confirmed Harry. "I use it regularly. Shall we get going?"

"Please," Ginny replied, looking forward to being back to the familiar and followed Harry over the arch. There was an odd blue panel floating in mid-air next to it, Harry prodded the panel a few times and a beam of blue light came out of the arch and ran up and down Ginny's body for a second.

"Ready," declared Harry, and held out a hand to Ginny, who took it gratefully. "Hank, I'll see you later." he said, then walked forward and guiding Ginny through the arch.

The mystery voice declared, "Recognised, Squire B134. Recognised, Ginny Weasley G96." Then the same whirring sound started up and blue-white light enveloped them.
A/N: Oh dear, Ginny is not having a good day is she? Rest assured, current evidence to the contrary I do actually like the character and things will be getting better for her soon. As always, reviews are greatly appreciated and I will try and answer any questions that don't reveal too much of my plans.









Reviews 35
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear