Search:

SIYE Time:15:24 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ginny Weasley and the Squire of Wordenshire
By Shamrock Holmes

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Crossover
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 35
Summary: Cast out of Hogwarts after the Chamber of Secrets, Ginny Weasley's future was adrift until a chance encounter four years later opens up a new opportunity for adventure and the future.
Hitcount: Story Total: 27299; Chapter Total: 3282





Author's Notes:
A/N: This story diverges significantly from accepted canon for the Harry Potter series from the outset, as in addition to the crossover elements, there are several deviations from the books, two of which is touched upon in this chapter, and others that will be covered where they fit into the narrative. The timeline of the DC Comics elements borrows heavily from Young Justice (2011), but adds elements and characters from the comics, and relocates the series to the late Sixties and early Seventies rather than the 'New Tens' as screened, and is fairly heavy on 'legacy' and original characters as a result.





ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The Burrow
Ottery St Catchpole
1st May, 0850 BST, 305 AS



"Mister Weasley, are you there?" asked a blond-haired woman as her head popped into view in the kitchen fireplace in a burst of green flames.

"I'm here, Miss Cross," confirmed Arthur. "Do you need anything?"

"Good morning," said Miss Cross. "Can you come in early? Madame Bones needs to talk with you urgently."

"What, why?" asked Molly.

"Something happened over night, Madame Bones will explain," Miss Cross insisted. "I can't say any more, I've got to go." With that she withdrew her head, and the fire settled back to it's normal yellow-orange hue seconds later.

"Arthur, Ginny's not back from the Lovegoods' yet, you don't think...?" asked Molly, her voice trembling slightly.

"Don't worry, Molly," said Arthur, as he swallowed his last mouthful of breakfast and grabbed his cloak. "I'm sure Ginny's fine. I'll let you know what's going on as I know anything."

"I'll try," Molly assured him, then kissed him on the cheek as he headed for the back door, then as soon as he was outside, Disapparated from Ottery St Catchpole with a loud crack


--


Ministry of Magic
London SW1
1st May, 0855 BST



Seconds later, Arthur reappeared in the Atrium of the Ministry, and then dashed towards the lifts, squeezing into one of the carriages. The grilles slid shut with a crash just as he got inside and the lift ascended slowly, chains rattling as usual.

"Level Seven, Department of Magical Games and Sports, incorporating the British and Irish Quidditch League Headquarters, Official Gobstones Club and Ludicrous Patents Office."

The lift doors opened. One of the wizards in the lift, who was carrying an armful of broomsticks, extricated himself with difficulty and disappeared down the corridor. The doors closed, the lift juddered upwards again and the woman's voice announced:

"Level Six, Department of Magical Transportation, incorporating the Floo Network Authority, Broom Regulatory Control, Portkey Office and Apparation Test Centre."

Once again the lift doors opened and four or five witches and wizards got out; at the same time, several inter-departmental memos swooped into the lift. As they clattered upwards again the memos flapped around the lamp swaying from the lift's ceiling.

"Level Five, Department of International Magical Co-operation, incorporating the International Magical Trading Standards Body, the International Magical Office of Law and the International Confederation of Wizards, British Seats."

When the doors opened, two of the memos zoomed out with a few more of the witches and wizards, but several more memos zoomed in, so that the light from the lamp flickered and flashed overhead as they darted around it.

"Level Four, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, incorporating Beast, Being and Spirit Divisions, Goblin Liaison Office and Pest Advisory Bureau."

Two witches got out and a slightly rumpled elderly man got in. The doors clanged shut yet again.

"Level Three, Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, including the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad, Obliviator Headquarters and Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee."

Everybody left the lift on this floor except Arthur and a wizard with a huge stack of parchments he recognised from Wizengamot Administration. The remaining memos continued to soar around the lamp as the lift juddered upwards again, then the doors opened and the voice made its final announcement.

"Level Two, Department of Magical Law Enforcement, including the Improper Use of Magic Office, Auror Headquarters and Wizengamot Administration Services."

Both wizards left the lift, separating and going in opposite directions outside. Arthur stalked towards the heavy oak doors of Auror Headquarters and pushed them open, then hurried through the bullpen and the second set of doors at the back and stopped outside the office labelled Office of the Head of Magical Law Enforcement. Arthur knocked on the door and waited.

"Come in." He opened the door and entered. Miss Cross was back at her desk and nodded to him. "Mister Weasley, good morning again. You can go right in, Madam Bones is expecting you."

"Thank you, Miss Cross," said Arthur, then crossed to the inner door behind the desk and entered.

"Good morning, Amelia," said Arthur, facing his boss, one of his few remaining supporters and the only reason he still had a job, never mind an office. "What's going on?"

Amelia was sitting behind her own desk, and a pink-haired young woman Arthur vaguely recognised as one of her junior Aurors was sitting in one of the two chairs in front of it. "Have a seat, Arthur. Do you know Nymphadora Tonks?"

"We've met in passing," Arthur admitted. "Can I ask what this is about?"

"First, I'd like to assure you, everything is fine," Amelia said. "There was an 'incident' after the Harpies-Vixens game, your daughter got caught up in it."

"What! Is she all right?" Arthur yelled, panicking. "Was she injured, where is she?!"

"Some minor injuries apparently," admitted Amelia. "She was picked up by a group attached to the Vlatavan camp due to the presence of their queen at the match."

Arthur sighed in relief, it wasn't quite as bad as he'd feared."What group, the Regala Grupul de Protecție, the Zoloto Korpus...?"

"No, neither of those," Amelia said. "Tonks?"

"They're called the Justice League," replied Tonks. "They started out as an American group about thirty-five years ago, but have branched out since, mostly here and in Western Europe. We found out about them about during the War, when Aurors were called to an attack by..." At this point, she consulted a stack of parchments in front of her "...'green-skinned troll creatures' that turned out to be something called a 'Parademon', and one of their members helped with taking it down."

"I've never heard about You-Know-Who having anything like that?"

"That's because he didn't, Mister Weasley," said Tonks. "According to Justice League files, they actually belonged to someone called 'Darkseid', but Minister Bagnold wasn't interested in hearing about that and it was hushed up."

Arthur nodded, as much as he might like to believe that the Ministry was always above board and had the public's interest at heart, he realised long ago that that wasn't the case. "But I assume you found out and have been keeping in contact?"

Amelia nodded, "I found the files buried in the back of a filing cabinet when I inherited this office. Tonks has been my go-between since she joined the Ministry."

"Since she joined the Aurors?" asked Arthur.

"No, since she finished at Hogwarts," clarified Amelia. "The League has a large youth program and their shape-shifters were able to help her with some issues she was having."

"Yeah, thanks to Gar, I aced Stealth and Tracking!" exclaimed Tonks. "Otherwise I'd've been lucky to scrape a pass." She paused for a moment, then turned back to Amelia. "Madam Bones, Mister Hackenbacker reports that Miss Weasley should be awakening shortly and asks that I bring Mister Weasley to the usual meeting place as soon as possible..." she tailed off slightly. "And Professor Marks has been asked to step in, as our usual contacts are busy."

"Then I suggest you get a move on, Tonks," said Amelia. "Professor Marks is not someone I would want to get on the wrong side of."

"Agreed," Tonks replied with a tone that suggesting there was a story there, and probably not one he would enjoy hearing about. "I can leave right now... Mister Weasley?"

"Can I send a message to Molly first?"

Tonks nodded, then moved to leave. "Is there anything else, Madam Bones?"

"No, thank you," replied Amelia. "Report to Shacklebolt after you've finished, he thinks there may have been a development on the Black case and needs some help running it down. Arthur, I assume your desk is clear?"

"Nothing that can't wait."

"Then you're dismissed, take the rest of the day off."

"Thank you, Madam Bones," replied Arthur and then rose and followed Tonks out of the office.


--


Regent's Park, London NW1
1st May, 0915 BST



They reappeared in a secluded part of Regent's Park with a double crack. Arthur turned to Tonks,"Where now?"

"It's just a bit up the road, we can walk from here," replied Tonks. "Follow me."

Arthur followed her around the boating lake and then out of the street exit onto a two-lane Muggle road which doubled back on itself after a moment. A couple of minutes later, they stopped outside a Muggle sandwich shop. Tonks knocked on the front door of the house next door. An elderly woman opened the door and smiled at her. "Miss Tonks, it is nice to see you again. Who is your friend?"

Tonks looked a little chagrined, "Good morning, Mrs Walbrook. This is Arthur Weasley, he work's at Madam Bones' office with me."

"Pleased to meet you, Mister Weasley," replied Mrs Walbrook. "Professor Marks is waiting for you." She shuddered a little. "Will you be staying long?"

Arthur looked at Tonks. "We just need to pick up his daughter and read them in on the League," said Tonks, but then her expression shifted. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing really, it's not nice of me to say it, but..." Mrs Walbrook said, standing to one side to allow them to enter. Then she bend over and whispered. "That woman gives me the creeps."

Arthur wasn't quite sure to make of this, but he decided that saying nothing was probably the safest option and followed Tonks up the stairs, they climbed up two flights of stairs and then she turned to face the door onto the second floor. A beam of light stabbed out from the peep-hole in the door, then a odd voice announced, "Recognised Tonks A58."

"Request guest access for Arthur Weasley, Ministry of Magic." announced Tonks.

"Acknowledged," replied the voice. There was a loud artificial buzz and the door swung open allowing them to enter."Access granted, Arthur Weasley G97. Authorisation Tonks A58."

Arthur followed Tonks into the sitting room of the flat, initially he thought it was empty, but then another voice changed his mind.

"Arthur Weasley, I presume?" asked a woman's voice from off to one side.

Arthur turned and regarded the voice. She was a red-head, about the same age as his eldest, Bill, and about the same height and build as his son's fiancée, Fleur, but with an aura far stronger and darker than the other woman. He nodded. "Professor Marks?"

"Kathryn Marks, yes," agreed the woman, and then indicated a pair of chairs near the fireplace. "Have a seat. Your daughter and her escort will be along shortly. Tea?"

Arthur wasn't entirely convinced by the woman's friendly demeanour, but saw no reason to be rude or antagonise her so he sat down and took the cup she offered. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Tonks do the same.

"Professor, do you have anything on the attackers?" asked Tonks. "Madam Bones is being stonewalled by the Magilovkontoret and she needs answers before the Minister and The Daily Prophet start asking questions."

"A little," admitted Professor Marks. "One of the Rush Hours managed to snag Hauteur and Vlemma of the Hellraisers — a European criminal group - when they tried to assassinate Tsarina Perdita, probably paid by her uncle, Komit Vertigo. He escaped jail during the Apokolips War of '73, and he's been trying to get back the throne every few years since. The white-robed wizards slinging Exploding Hexes and Killing Curses were Zuiverheid, Dutch extremists that play both sides of the Statue of Secrecy."

"Not Death Eaters... you're sure?" urged Tonks.

"A similar animal, but somewhat more pragmatic and unlikely to cause any problems in Britain unless 'motivated' to do so." Professor Marks assured her. "Nightrunner and Firebird are conducting further investigations, I will keep you informed."

"Thanks," said Tonks, reaching over for the teapot to refill her cup. "Arthur?"

"That would nice, thank you," said Arthur, reaching over with his cup, which he almost dropped in surprise when the door buzzed open again ("Recognised Rush Hour B134.") and then a split second later a girl materialised in the corner of his eye a moment later and then disappeared before the door could swing shut or he could get a better look "What?!"

"Rush Hour," sighed the Professor. "A capable fighter, but not subtle. Your daughter is on her way. In the mean time, we have a proposal for you..."


--


The Burrow, Ottery St Catchpole
1st May, 1030 BST



"Absolutely not! I forbid it!"

"But, Molly, I think they..."

"I can't believe you're even considering this!"

"Mum, why can't I..."

"YOU'VE CAUSED ENOUGH TROUBLE FOR ONE DAY, YOUNG LADY, GO UP TO YOUR ROOM AND STAY THERE UNTIL I SAY YOU CAN LEAVE!"

"But, Mum..."

"I think it might be best if you went upstairs, Ginny," said Arthur. "We'll talk about this later."

"NO, WE WON'T!" demanded Molly. "THERE WILL BE NO MORE DISCUSSION! AND STAY AWAY FROM THE LOVEGOODS, THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY TO DANGEROUS FOR YOU TO BE AROUND!"

"Then what am I...?"

"Ginny, later," Arthur said, firmly. "This isn't helping."

"Fine!" groaned Ginny, then stalked out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

"HOW DARE YOU SLAM THAT DOOR!" yelled Molly. "COME BACK AND APOLOGISE RIGHT NOW!"

"Molly, you need to calm down," Arthur told her. "I understand your concerns but, I really think we should consider it?"

"NO!" screamed Molly, then the air seemed to go out of her and she dropped to the floor. "I can't lose anyone else... I can't..."

"I know, Molly... I know..." said Arthur, talking her into his arms and rocking her reassuringly. As much as he didn't agree with her position, he could tell she'd made up her mind and knew her well enough to know that unless something major changed she wasn't going to change it...


--


Ministry of Magic
London SW1
10th May, 1355 BST



Arthur was on his way back to his desk from lunch, when a familiar pink-haired woman bumped into him, causing him to drop the parchments he was carrying.

"Hi Mr Weasley!" Tonks said brightly. "Can I help you with those?"

"I'll be fine," said Mr Weasley, as he bent to pick them up. "Hi, Tonks, what are you up to?"

"Just running some errands for Robards," she replied. "How's Ginny doing?"

Arthur sighed as he stood up, "Not that well to be honest, Tonks. She's been having nightmares about the Chamber again, and Svalbard. I don't think she's had a full night's sleep since. It doesn't help that Molly's got really over-protective and won't let her out of her sight."

"I've got a letter for her," said Tonks, fishing a Muggle envelope out of her robes. "From Rush Hour, it's her birthday tomorrow and the Team is having a big bash at the Orchard. She was wondering if Ginny would like to come."

"I'm sure Ginny would love to get out of the house for the while, though Molly might take a bit of persuading..." admitted Arthur, but accepted the letter and tucked it into an internal pocket of his briefcase anyway.

"I hope you can, it'll be nice to see her again, she's a good kid."

"TONKS!"

"Oops, got to go!" said Tonks, and ran off towards the voice, tripping twice before she reached Robards' cubicle and went inside.

Arthur smiled, Tonks was a good kid herself, if a little clumsy. "I'll try and get some time with Amelia and ask her about 'The Orchard', but I've got a good feeling about this...


--


A/N.: Both the Regala Grupul de Protecție (Vlatvan Royal Protection Group) and the Zoloto Korpus (Russian Auror Corps) are my own invention and at least the latter may pop up again in the series. As it turns out the planned cameos have been delayed, but at least one should be along in the next few chapters. As always, reviews are greatly appreciated and I will try and answer any questions that don't reveal too much of my plans.
Reviews 35
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear