Search:

SIYE Time:19:07 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ginny Weasley and the Squire of Wordenshire
By Shamrock Holmes

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Crossover
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 35
Summary: Cast out of Hogwarts after the Chamber of Secrets, Ginny Weasley's future was adrift until a chance encounter four years later opens up a new opportunity for adventure and the future.
Hitcount: Story Total: 27309; Chapter Total: 2715





Author's Notes:
A/N: This story diverges significantly from accepted canon for the Harry Potter series from the outset, as in addition to the crossover elements, there are several deviations from the books that will be covered where they fit into the narrative. The timeline of the DC Comics elements borrows heavily from Young Justice (2011), but adds elements and characters from the comics, and relocates the series to the late Sixties and early Seventies rather than the New Tens as screened, and is fairly heavy on 'legacy' and original characters as a result.

I'm trying something different in this chapter as it combines several different PoVs for a more Young Justice-style narrative rather than the single PoV approach of Harry Potter.

Chapter 3 was actually written as one chapter but is being posted as two due to technical difficulties.





ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter





The Burrow
Ottery St Catchpole

13th June, 0600 BST, 305 AS




It's nice to wake up after the sun, thought Ginny to herself, as she slipped out of her bed. Then she pulled on her running clothes, tied her hair back out of the way and after grabbing the resized trainers that Harry's friend Maz had given her, she crept out of her room, trying her best not to wake her bushy-haired room-mate as she left. The sessions with Alanna are definitely helping. I'm glad that Mum agreed to let me see her.

On her way through the kitchen she grabbed a bottle of water and sat down for a moment to put on her shoes, then she was out the door in the gradually-warming early morning air, she stopped for a few minutes to stretch-out and warm up her muscles and then set off at an easy jogging pace that took her off the property within seconds and half-way to the village within moments.

She stopped for a breather in the graveyard of St Catchpole's and then set off again, still breathing a little more heavily as she hit her second mile and was definitely sweating and out of breath by the time she'd completed her full three miles and was back at the Burrow about a hour after she left.

By the time she'd cooled down and entered the kitchen, her mother was up and she had started breakfast, she shook her hand slightly at Ginny's appearance. “I still don't understand why they've got you doing all this running and exercise. It seems like a waste of time to me.”

“I know that, Mum,” said Ginny, rolling her eyes. “But it makes me feel stronger and more confident, surely that's a good thing?”

“I suppose so,” admitted her mum, but Ginny could tell that she still wasn't convinced. “I just don't want you getting your hopes up. Go and get showered. Breakfast will be on the table in about fifteen minutes.”

“Okay, Mum,” said Ginny, then left the kitchen and headed upstairs to the bathroom.


---


By the time she'd showered and changed into a t-shirt and jeans, her dad and Hermione were also awake and dressed and at the table in the kitchen ready for breakfast themselves. “Morning, Ginny.”

“Morning, Dad,” said Ginny, as she helped herself to some juice. “Morning, Hermione. Hope I didn't wake you when I went out?”

“No, I only woke up a few minutes ago,” Hermione admitted. “Do you always go out early for a run?”

“Not always,” Ginny replied. “When I go to COR for 'school', I get more than enough exercise in the gym.”

“So you're not going over there today?” Hermione asked as Molly began to serve up breakfast.

Ginny shook her head, helping herself to some bacon and eggs and toast. “Today's a 'light' day, Alanna wants to see me at her office to talk about my therapy at nine, and I'll do a couple of jobs around the farm for her, then I'll be back.”

“How's that been going, has she been able to help you? When I heard about your nightmares I was worried...”

“A lot of people were worried, Hermione,” Ginny said shortly, as she began to attack her breakfast with gusto. “Alanna and Kathryn were the first people to actually help. Thanks to them, I'm sleeping a full night's sleep again and I'm learning some magic and Muggle fighting to protect myself too.”

“Ginny, you know that we were only...” Her mum said.

“Trying to 'protect' me?” Ginny said. “Yeah, I know... I've heard.”

“Ginny!” said Hermione. Her dad looked a little awkward, but said nothing.

“No, Hermione, I've heard it all,” Ginny snapped. “The best person to protect me is me. My 'protective' family spent weeks trying to stop me from going to the sessions at COR and the Orchard designed to make me strong enough to do that!”

Ron stumbled into the kitchen at this point. He looked around in confusion at the angry faces around the table, then shrugged and sat down next to Hermione and started eating. “Do you think we could play some Quidditch later?”

“Sure, Ron,” replied Ginny, glad for the change of subject. “I'll be back early afternoon. Got to make sure you're ready for the new session, Captain.”

“I haven't got the badge yet, Ginny,” Ron replied. “McGonagall might pick someone else.”

“Who? You've been on the team longer than any of the others and well... Dean or Demelza might have the brains for it, but you you know a lot more about Quidditch than either of them.”

“Thanks, Ginny,” said Ron, smiling broadly. Hermione quickly lost the frown she'd been wearing in the face of the filial support she was seeing.

“I'm rooting for you. You deserve it.”


---


The Orchard
Royctonshire
13th June, 0845 BST



Recognised Ginny Weasley G96," announced the computer as she reappeared in the Orchard's Game Room in a flash of blue-white light.

The Montrose boys had already left for school, so she headed up out of the basement to the main level of the house. “Alanna?”

“In the kitchen!”

Taking it as a invitation, Ginny headed forward through the door into the kitchen, rather than left in the study as usual. Alanna was sitting at the big scrubbed pine table in the middle of the kitchen, finishing her breakfast cup of tea over a copy of the Muggle Rocyton News. “Do you want a cup?”

“Thanks,” said Ginny.

“Cups are in the cupboard over the cooker. There's plenty of bread in the bin too. Help yourself.”

Ginny did so, then joined the woman — who reminded her of the best bits of both her parents, her father's quiet, gentle patience and her mother's unfailing need to welcome and nurture people — at her table and enjoyed the tea until the kitchen clock ticked over to 'nine' and they rose and moved in Alanna's study. Alanna motioned Ginny into one of her easy chairs and then pulled up Ginny's file on the computer. “Before we get into what I wanted to talk about, how do you think you are?”

“I'm sleeping better,” Ginny offered. “The physical training's taken some getting used to. I'll be never be able to keep up with the Rush Hours and Bunny, or even Bilal any time soon, but I'm feeling and more confident and I'm pretty sure I won't freeze up or panic and run next time I end up in danger.”

Alanna nodded. “You'll be pleased to know that your trainers and I broadly speaking agree with you. You've resolved your immediate issues that are causing the nightmares, and the best way to deal with your more deep-seating issues is, as you've previously put it 'to make sure you feel that you can protect yourself'.”

“I need to be strong, I can't be a victim again!”

Alanna nodded. “I know, I know...” she said calmly, reassuringly. “And it's probably the best strategy for now. However, I assume that your family doesn't agree?”

“They say they want to 'protect me', but they never really do anything to help me. So I want to help myself.”

“Which is good, and you've made good progress in such a short time. In relation to that, Rachel would like to schedule your final assessment for next week if that would suit?”

Ginny shrugged, “Haven't exactly got much else going on.”

“Be at COR on Monday for 0800. Pack for five days.”

“Will do,” agreed Ginny. “Have we got the results back for those school tests I took?”

Alanna nodded, “You passed the Key Stage 2 exams, which is a bit behind your normal age group, but not unexpected given your background. Gwen feels that you could back on track by the end of the next school year. She's very proud of you.”

“Tell her thanks for me. She's a good teacher.”

“I will,” Alanna confirmed with a smile. “Was there any you wanted to discuss?”

Ginny shook her head. “Do you need me do anything around the farm today? Ron would like to do some practise later, and I said I'd help him?”

“Nothing major. There's still plenty of picking that needs doing, of course.” Alanna admitted. “Can you put in a couple of hours on the strawberries for me?”

Ginny nodded, “They're pretty easy. Should I split up the good and bad ones?”

Alanna appeared to consider it, “Throw away any rotten ones, but any ripe ones should be all right for selling as is, or cider and jam-making at the moment. And of course leave any unripe ones on the vines for now.”

“Will do. Oh, there was one more thing?”

"Yes?"

"Do you know if Harry's okay, I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks?"

“Harry's still chasing that new Lost Boys gang,” Alanna replied.

“I hope he catches them, or better yet their boss,” said Ginny. “Dosing someone with drugs and then forcing them to commit crimes is horrible.” She shivered, then grinned brightly. “I'll get on those strawberries.”


---
Reviews 35
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear