Search:

SIYE Time:13:14 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ginny Weasley and the Squire of Wordenshire
By Shamrock Holmes

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Crossover
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 35
Summary: Cast out of Hogwarts after the Chamber of Secrets, Ginny Weasley's future was adrift until a chance encounter four years later opens up a new opportunity for adventure and the future.
Hitcount: Story Total: 27232; Chapter Total: 2482





Author's Notes:
Author's Notes: This story diverges significantly from accepted canon for the Harry Potter series from the outset, as in addition to the crossover elements, there are several deviations from the books that will be covered where they fit into the narrative. The timeline of the DC Comics elements borrows heavily from Young Justice (2011), but adds elements and characters from the comics, and relocates the series to the late Sixties and early Seventies rather than the New Tens as screened, and is fairly heavy on 'legacy' and original characters as a result.

I'm trying something different in this chapter as it combines several different PoVs for a more Young Justice-style narrative rather than the single PoV approach of Harry Potter.

Chapter 3 was actually written as one chapter but is being posted as two due to technical difficulties.





ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter






Micel Sceotan Youth Club
Gaverton
16th June, 1300 BST



Harry scowled at the pale, bleached-blond face that confronted him in the mirror of the dingy, public men's room of the hall. *Squire to Observatory, Marbles just arrived.*

*Copy that, accessing local surveillance and Delphi for the area.” replied Rapport. “Can you get a good spot inside?*

*Not a problem, I've been hustling the local kids for pocket money for a week now. I'm part of the background.

*Excellent,* said Rapport. *Talk to you again soon.*

Harry turned off the tap and then headed back into the main room and headed for his usual within earshot of the table where Marbles, one of the Lost Boys' lieutenants, was sitting enjoying a double order of burger and fries.

A moment or two later, Darkclaw and one of Marbles' usual 'heavies' dragged a youth in mechanics overalls over to the table and forced him into the chair opposite Marbles.

“Have you got those plans for me?” demanded Marbles, as Harry broke a new frame. “Or do I have to get hasty?”

“I-I've g-g-got them...” stammered the short, red-headed youth and handled over a small, electronic tablet. “I-i-it's c-c-coming in t-t-tomorrow a-a-at six.”

“You better not be lying to me, Murphy,” warned Marbles. “Or my boys might have to play with your old lady.”

“L-l-leave her alone... I've done what you asked!” begged Murphy.

“Give him a preview boys, then get him out here. He's ruining my lunch!”

Once Darkclaw and his 'partner' had dragged Murphy out of the room and Marbles had returned to his lunch, Harry pulled out his mobile and used a Delphi app to hack Marbles' tablet, download the single file on it and transfer it to the Observatory for analysis.

He hung around for another hour or so, hustled another three 'marks' on the tables, and headed out of the building a few minutes after Marbles waddled out the club.


---


The Observatory

Sutton-in-Ashfield

150 0 BST



Harry entered through reception, nodded to the young woman at the desk and she buzzed him through to the meeting room that they had set up for the investigation. Maddy was sitting at the computer bank as usual.

“What have you got?” asked Harry. “We haven't got much time.”

“A fair bit,” replied Maddy. “Maz is tailing Marbles, I think we can locate his place at least... and the file you lifted are the security codes and flight plans in and out of Robin Hood. I'm trying figure out the most likely target. Watchtower is running the data too.”

The monitor pinged. “We've got them. Gaverton Tech has a shipment of Rokynian sun-stones coming tomorrow. That'll be the target.”

“I agree,” said Harry. “Contact Watchtower and SCOPE, we'll need tactical support standing by. I do not want Sprite getting away this time.”

“Me neither.”


---


The Watchtower
Earth Orbit
17th June, 1300 EDT



The bald man contemplated the tri-dimensional chess hologram floating next to his chair. *Queen to C5 Neutral.*

*Checkmate,* sighed his chess partner. *I don't get it, I'm in your mind, how can I lose?!*

*We've been playing for years, why are you still surprised?*

*I'm an eternal optimist?* she offered.

*More like a sucker for punishment,* he suggested, dryly.

*We could always play something else?*

"Squire to Watchtower, Come in... Priority Red!”

*Let's put a pin in that for now,> said the bald man. “Go ahead, Squire.”

The Lost Boys have made us! We need backup now! We're at Robin Hood Airport on the flight-line!”

“Understood,” confirmed the bald man, his fingers danced across the keyboard of his holoscreen. “The Spartans have been alerted. I'll also send some Leaguers.”

Make it fa... arghh!” said Squire, his message cut off by a scream of pain.

“Squire, do you copy...? Come in!” barked the bald man. He glanced over to the ready room, then tapped a short message into his seat arm controls. “Kara, Moshe, Bunny, get in here!”

A black youth in a dark-grey full length speed-suit, a Jewish man in blue, and an blond woman in jeans and a white top rushed in. “Echo Squad has just been made by the Lost Boys. They need help. Moshe, Bunny, I want you to get them out of there... Kara, Sprite does not escape this time!”

“On our way!” confirmed Kara and sped for the Zeta Tube with M'Bumase only a little behind her. Moshe generated a wind funnel around himself and flew after them.

Recognized Power Woman 101, Recognized Impala 120, Recognized Dust Devil 103,” declared the computer, and they disappeared in a flash of light.

“Watchtower to STAR Labs Taos.”

Go ahead.

“I need a medical team up here, immediately... Multiple casualties, unknown injuries!”

“Understood. Dr Pierce is on-site, she'll be with you in ten. I'll also page Dr Copper and Miss Devonshire as well.”

“Watchtower, standing by,” confirmed the bald man.

He sat there in a tense silence for a few moments, almost tempted a couple of times to fire up the Zeta Tube and head down there himself, but knowing that he needed to trust his people and maintain his post.

Recognized Rush Hour B133, Recognized Rapport B143,” declared the computer and disgorged two members of Echo Squad.

He cast an wary eye over the two girls, but they appeared to be in reasonable shape. “Are the others on the way? Did you get them?”

“The Spartans picked up Marbles at his hideout. And we snagged Reynard and Jackrabbit at the airport...” said Rush Hour.

“But Sprite got away, again!” growled Maddy, which startled him, as she wasn't generally known for angry outbursts.

Recognized Squire B132, Recognized Darkclaw B136,” declared the computer as the last two members of the Squad arrived back on the Watchtower. Eddie, who was partially transformed into the clawed, snake-skinned biped form that gave him his code-name, was — like the girls — mostly uninjured, but Harry was cradling his right arm in an odd position. The sixteen year-old's face didn't betray anything, but he'd worked with enough members of the Bat Family to recognize when someone with high pain tolerances was badly injured.

“Eddie, take him to the medical bay. Dr Pierce is on her way up.”

The reptilian teen nodded and half-dragged, half-carried his injured team leader out of the room.

“I'll access the local surveillance net,” offered Maddy. “Maybe we'll get lucky and I can trace that... woman.”

He didn't hold out much hope, but he didn't see the harm, even with Power Woman in pursuit, so he nodded his consent. “Maddy, don't spend too long on it though, you need some rest.”

“I'll rest later,” said the brunette girl grimly.

“I'm sure you will,” he agreed. “But the Myrashian freighter Chuqal passed the Kuiper Belt perimeter about an hour ago. They'll be landing on Thursday at 0500 your time, for your trip to Colu.”

Her expression shifted completely into the happy, smiling face he was more used to seeing on the fifteen year-old. “That's great! Have you...?”

“Your mother has been informed, she will meet you at Heathrow with most of your luggage, with the exception of any personal items still on the Watchtower.”

Maddy nodded slightly, then turned to her remaining teammate, “Maz, can you check the dorm for my purple go-bag... the sparkly one? I think it's got my spare uniform and computer gloves in it.”

“Will do,” confirmed the Hindu speedster and disappeared in a blur.

Apparently satisfied that preparations for her exchange trip were well in hand, Maddy returned her attention to the main computer bank and began scanning the surveillance feeds.

*Can we 'take the pin out' yet?*

*Maybe later.*


---


A/N.: Special and Central Operations for Policing and Enforcement (SCOPE) is a fictional agencyof my own invention, merging the Metropolitan Police's specialist units with various national intelligence and enforcement units into one agency, the Spartans are their tactical branch, replacing the SAS Counter Revolutionary Warfare Wing as the UK's lead domestic heavy tactical unit. As always, reviews are greatly appreciated and I will try and answer any questions that don't reveal too much of my plans.
Reviews 35
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear