Search:

SIYE Time:13:00 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ginny Weasley and the Squire of Wordenshire
By Shamrock Holmes

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Crossover
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 35
Summary: Cast out of Hogwarts after the Chamber of Secrets, Ginny Weasley's future was adrift until a chance encounter four years later opens up a new opportunity for adventure and the future.
Hitcount: Story Total: 27231; Chapter Total: 1696





Author's Notes:
A/N: This story diverges significantly from accepted canon for the Harry Potter series from the outset, as in addition to the crossover elements, there are several deviations from the books that will be covered where they fit into the narrative. The timeline of the DC Comics elements borrows heavily from Young Justice (2011), but adds elements and characters from the comics, and relocates the series to the late Sixties and early Seventies rather than the New Tens as screened, and is heavy on 'legacy' and original characters as a result.

As it seemed to work reasonably well in the previous chapter, this chapter includes several different PoVs for a more '
Young Justice-style' narrative rather than the single PoV approach of Harry Potter.

Due to multiple reviews raising the issue, I'd like to make it clear that unless stated otherwise, the action of this story takes place in the run up to and during the 1997-1998 school year (parallel to the events of
Deathly Hallows in canon). The year code "AL" is also my own invention and stands for After Liberation, counting the years after the Justice League's ending of the "Apokolips War", my as-yet unwritten take on the events of Young Justice Season 3 (Set late 1973 to April 1976) and will be used in any sections from the PoV of non-Wizard characters going forward.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


---
Brecon Beacons National Park South Wales 7th July, 1330 BST

"This is amazing!" declared Ginny, as she tipped the Z'orr into a shallow dive, closing to only a few hundred feet of the valley floor. "How fast am I going?"
"Ask her," Kathryn told her. "Magicals aren't as strong telepathically as Martians, but you should be able to get that much."
Slightly apprehensively - remembering what happened last time she mind-touched with something that she couldn't 'see where it kept its brain' - she reached out mentally and touched the nearest mind. *No, that's me,* said Kathryn. *And watch out for that mountain.*
Manipulating the manual controls slightly, she started to angle the Bio-Ship upwards slightly as she approached Pen y Fan. Then she cast her mind out again, and quickly found a simpler mind. *Z'orr?*
She didn't get any reply in words - which somewhat reassured her - but she definitely got a feeling of something 'sitting up and taking notice'.
*How fast are we going?*
Again, the reply wasn't in words as such, but more feelings. After speeding up again as she climbed the face of Pen y Fan, Ginny figured it out. "About twelve hundred miles an hour?!!" she squealed. "That's at least eight times faster than a Firebolt!"
Then Ginny got a feeling of pride from Z'orr and something that seemed to suggest that she could go faster.
"Give me a mid-air loop as you cross the top of the mountain and accelerate down the rear slope." Kathryn told her. "I want you to be at no more than one-thousand feet when we overfly Brecon."
"Understood," confirmed Ginny, playing the controls so that they back-flipped as they hit the peak, floating upside down the briefest of moments before turning back 'right way up' and speeding down the slope towards the town of Brecon.
"Incoming communication from the Watchtower," said Kathryn. "I'm putting it up."
A holo-screen popped into view at the front of the cockpit and the jade-coloured face of Supermartian filled it seconds later. "What's your status?"
"Almost done," replied Kathryn. "Ginny just needs to do the 'CAS Run' through the Urban Warfare Compound and then we are finished here."
"How long will that take?"
"Not long, we should be finished in fifteen to twenty minutes."
"Complete her training, but leave the Z'orr at the compound and Zeta back to Watchtower as soon as possible." Supermartian told them. "We have a situation."
"Understood," replied Kathryn.
"Watchtower out."
"Well, you heard the man," Kathryn said, glancing over her shoulder at Ginny. "Let's see how fast we can get this done."
"Absolutely," agreed Ginny, telepathically urging the Z'orr to greater speeds.

---
Justice League Watchtower Earth Orbit 0900 EDT

"Recognised Demoness 116, Recognised Protector B147," declared the Watchtower's computer as the two redheads materialised on the League's orbital station. They moved quickly into the main room, then separated. Ginny moved to stand between Harry and Eddie amongst the junior and reserve European members on the near side of the table and Kathryn headed towards the lectern to stand with the rest of the active membership.
"Greetings," said Supermartian. "Now that most of us are present, we can begin. Matthew?"
A redheaded male with a handlebar moustache in the colours of the Green Lantern Corps stepped up to the lecture beside Supermartian. "For the last eighteen months, diplomats and industrialists from across the world have been working with their counterparts on twenty-two planets in nearby local space including major players in the surrounding five Sectors in preparation for a multilateral trade summit due to start in Geneva later this week."
"Until recently, it was believed Geneva Police's diplomatic security unit and a small number of Justice League Observers would be sufficient to ensure the safety of the event. However, the lynching of an Ungaran in Rome, a firebombing of a Bismollian restaurant in London and a general increase in xenophobic protests in several cities including Geneva itself, led to concerns by the UN and the WTO that increased security would be necessary. The final straw was three of the Graxosian advance team coming down with Euxinian Virus, despite there being no Euxinians within three parsecs of Earth."
Supermartian stepped forward again at this point. "It has been decided to keep most of the active membership on alert at Watchtower as normal and they will be supplemented by four Deputy Lanterns from adjoining Sectors. Ground support for summit will be the League Observers - covering the interior of the WTO building - backed up by three alternating squads from the Team - who will provide external or off-site security as needed. To prevent time lag, or interference with police communications, I will be running both operations in the field over telepathic link."
"You will be onsite, sir?" asked one of the American League members that Ginny didn't recognise.
"Of course," said Supermartian. After all, it wouldn't be much of a trade summit without..." Then he trailed off for a moment, before triggering his shapeshifting talent and morphing into a white-suited man who looked a bit like a bearded, somewhat older version, of her brother Bill. "… Luthor."

---
The Foundry, Steel City 9th July, 1900 BST

Despite gathering most of the membership for the initial announcement, the League's leadership decided that it would be best for the initial group for Geneva was 'the most experienced they had available' so Ginny was benched in favour of a mixed group of American and European members, all with at least three years of experience - including a returned Maz Pascim, now going by the codename Bijali - and the group departed immediately for Switzerland on the H'L'umm, the League's lead Bioship, with the American Team's Rannian member Zeta Girl at the controls.
However, Ginny didn't have long to brood about the missed opportunity though, as they got a request from the Yorkshire and Humber Constabulary two days later for assistance with a serial rapist who had so far left six victims, three of which were still in critical condition in hospital, so Delta Squad - backed up by a League engineer familiar with the area - were dispatched to Steel City to assist the investigation.
"Recognised Natasha Irons A70, Recognised Darkclaw B136, Recognised Shadowfox B144, Recognised Kid Martian B146, Recognised Protector B147," declared the computer as the quintet exited the Zeta Tube into the League's Steel City safe-house. Their contact, a blonde woman in her late twenties was waiting for them in the main workshop/training area.
Doctor Irons moved forward to greet the woman. "DS Cutter?"
The blonde woman nodded and took her hand, "Thank you for coming. SCOPE wasn't sure that you'd be able to spare the manpower due to the summit in Geneva."
Doctor Irons nodded, "Supermartian decided that ten of the Team was enough to cover Geneva, so Nightrunner sent us to help your investigation."
"Well, we're glad to have you," said DS Cutter, then indicated the area by the main workstation, dominated as usual by a vast monitor screen. "Are you ready to get started?"
The League quintet followed Cutter's lead and clustered around the monitor. DS Cutter quickly pulled a set of holo-controls. "Our target has been dubbed the 'Steel City Stripper' by the media. As you know, he's had six victims so far…" She touched a key, and the photo of young, platinum blonde girl flashed up on the screen. "His first victim was Lonnie Montizler, sixteen, works a pet groomer in the suburbs, she was attacked on the seventh, a little over three weeks ago. We got the only real evidence we've got from that, a partial DNA sample."
"No match, I assume?" asked Eddie.
"No…" DS Cutter agreed. "A possible clue, though. A follow-up analysis that the Centre for Organised Research completed for us last week indicated the presence of morphogenic enzymes in the cells."
"A shapeshifter?" asked Eddie.
"A shapeshifter." DS Cutter confirmed. "Not a Human or a Martian though, the composition doesn't match apparently."
"Have you got the analysis?" asked K'oll.
"Of course," said Cutter, she pressed a few keys and another picture popped up on the monitor.
K'oll drifted over to it and peered at it intently. "I agree with COR's analysis… not a Daemonite or Hellgrammite either…"
"Well, that's a relief," said Eddie. "What do you think he is then?"
"Possibly a Replikon… I'd need more about his MO." K'oll replied "I think a Durlan is more likely though. Probably a Futurist."
"Does that help us?" asked DS Cutter.
K'oll shook his head. "Not really, although it might help with the takedown if we can catch him. Durlans are vulnerable to cancellite, it disables their powers."
"I'll put in a request," said Doctor Irons, speaking up for the first time since they arrived.
Ginny thought they were getting a bit off topic, so decided to speak up. "What about the other victims, who were they?"
DS Cutter nodded. "The second victim was Daisy Goodwin, seventeen, she works as a waitress at a local restaurant and wants to be hypnotherapist. She was attacked on the twenty-first."
"The first two are both blondes," observed Eddie. "Is that his type?"
"DCI Hurling thought so at the time." said Cutter. "Especially with Mira Deegan - attacked on the twenty-sixth - although she was Lanothian and older than the others at nineteen, which confused us. But the fourth victim forced him to rethink that."
A fourth picture joined the line-up and Ginny could immediately see what the sergeant meant. The fourth victim - identified by the caption as Hanna Warner, law student - had medium-length strawberry-blond hair rather than blond.
"The last two victims were Zoya Zeagon, an eighteen-year old immigrant from Aleph system and Amy Baird, a Scottish student, attacked on the second and sixth of July respectively, both show a switch away from blondes."
"Yes, and two of them being aliens, whereas the other four are humans seems atypical as well," offered Eddie.
"Maybe that's a coincidence, though," Ginny suggested. "I mean, neither of them look alien."
"We came to the same conclusion," DS Cutter offered. "Especially when we considered the next clue…"
She tapped another button and the picture of a fancy night club filled the top half of the screen. The sign over the door read 'The Limbo'. "Forensic analysis of the victims' bank accounts revealed that they all bought tickets for shows at this club."
Doctor Irons looked pensively at the screen for a moment, to Ginny she looked like she was trying to remember something. "The Limbo's a xeno-club, isn't it?"
Cutter nodded. "Probably the biggest and most popular in Britain, outside of London. It's owned by a pair of Graxosians, brother and sister."
"So, you think that's his hunting ground?" asked Eddie.
"That's the current working theory," agreed Cutter. "The Llaps have been cooperative, but all their employees have come up clean and checking out the customers, even with ticket information, hasn't helped either."
"So you want to 'bait the hook' and see if you can draw him out," Ginny suggested, finally realizing the main reason why she at least had been assigned.
"That's the plan," agreed Cutter, though she didn't sound terribly enthused by the notion.

---


Howev er, having a plan - even a good one - doesn't guarantee success, and no-one unusual approached Ginny either at The Limbo or on her walk back to the safe-house afterwards. Doctor Irons sent Delta to bed and said that she'd stay by the monitor in case of any further developments.

---
10th July, 0745 BST

"Anything?" asked Ginny, as she drifted into the main room after a workout in the Founder's small gym and a shower.
Doctor Irons, who was at the stove finishing off a pan of eggs, shook her head. "Nothing on the monitors, I'll check with DS Cutter when she gets back on duty." She gave the pan a final stir, then looked up. "Do you want some?"
"Thanks," said Ginny, grabbing a stack of plates from a cupboard and offered them one at a time to Doctor Irons, who spooned a couple of large spoonfuls of the mix of scrambled-eggs and ham on to each, which Ginny carried over the main monitor bank, where the other three members of her Squad were already gathered.
"Breakfast?" she asked, offering the first two plates to Eddie and Nita, who both accepted them with thanks. Then she went back to the kitchenette and picked up two more plates, leaving the last one for Doctor Irons, who picked it up and headed back towards the bunk rooms to get some rest.
"Anything interesting?" she asked K'oll, who was at the keyboard, when she offered him a plate.
K'oll shook his head. "Nothing yet, but GBS has an interview about the Geneva summit starting in a few minutes."
"It's only been a day, how much can there be to say?" asked Ginny as she dug into the eggs.
"I'm sure 'Mister Luthor' will come up with something," replied K'oll, between bites. "Here is they are now."
A young, blond man was standing in front of the WTO building, "This is Adam Grant for GBS, coming to you live in front of the International Trade Centre on Day Two of the Earth-Alien Trading Partnership Summit. With me is philanthropist and corporate CEO Alexander Luthor of LexCorp, an independent observer at the Summit. Mister Luthor, good morning and thank you for joining me."
"You're welcome, Adam," said Supermartian. "I'm always happy to meet with members of the press."
"And we appreciate it, Mister Luthor," said Grant. "I know it's early days yet, but do you have a sense of how the summit is going?"
"As you say, we've only had one day of formal negotiations so far," agreed Supermartian. "But the Zwevrans' proposal on deep mining rights are promising, and I've personally had several productive conversations with the Piradian delegation on acquiring their cybernetics expertise."
"Sounds like a good beginning," Grant suggested.
"I agree," confirmed Supermartian. "And I look forward to further developments today."
Grant turned back to the camera, "Well, you heard it first here… a good beginning to the first day of negotiations and optimism for further developments as we move into Day Two. This is Adam Grant, for GBS News signing off."
K'oll reached over and tapped a key, closing the newsfeed. "Well, perhaps the extra security did the trick."
"Let's hope so," said Ginny. "Earth needs as many friends as it can get."

---


There wasn't much they could do for the hunt until Doctor Irons and DS Cutter were back on shift, so the quartet mutually decided to do a bit of 'sightseeing' - partly to aid K'oll in his assimilation of Earth culture, and partly because it seemed like an idea to get a better 'lay of the land' in case it lead to any clues for the case.
After checking out the local listings, they decided to visit the local Centertainment site, first for a couple of rounds of crazy golf - which K'oll won - then up to the Hollywood Bowl for ten-pin bowling - which K'oll also won - by which point the others started looking at the Martian a little suspiciously.
"What?" he said. "I wasn't cheating. I'm telekinetic, I have a natural affinity for controlling moving objects."
"He's got a point," admitted Eddie. "Anyone ready for lunch? I've got one of Mum's 'company credit cards' so I'm buying."
Nita got a thoughtful look on her face at that. "What's the limit?"
Eddie pondered the question, "Given that they're backed by the James Gordon Foundation, probably pretty high, if we can justify it. What are you thinking?"
"Not about lunch, though I wouldn't say no to a Big Belly Burger Mega Meal if you're buying," replied his girlfriend. "It's about the case. I need to make a couple of calls… I wonder if Mamma knows anyone near here?"

---
Steel City S1 10th July, 1850 BST

Nita had decided that - just in the case the Stripper had missed Ginny the night before - she needed a makeover to 'make more of an impact', so after getting some advice from her mamma about local experts, she dragged Ginny around several venues including a hair stylist, and a jewellers and boutique fashion house and although Ginny wasn't convinced it was a good idea to start with, by the time she'd been primped, preened, styled and wrapped in a new teal, mid-thigh dress she was beginning to that Nita might be onto something, but when the time can to get started she began to have second thoughts.
"What if it doesn't work?" she asked Nita, as they rode an unmarked police van into the town centre.
"Don't worry about, Ginny," said Nita. "We've get him. If not tonight, then soon."
"I hope so," Ginny replied. "I hate thinking about him hurting another girl."
"Me too."
"We're nearly there, kids," said Doctor Irons from the driving seat. "Kid Martian?"
The young Martian shifted from his human disguise - which somewhat resembled a younger version of Ginny's brother Percy - into his Martian "Earth form". *Activating telepathic link.*
*Go invisible, take up over-watch position and begin surveillance.*
*Understood,* confirmed the teen, then floated up off the seat, fading from view as he passed through the roof.
*Does everyone know the plan?*
*Same as yesterday?* asked Eddie. *Nita and I enter the club first, taking separate positions to maximise our view of area.*
*Then when they give the signal, I enter the club,* said Ginny. *Then try and make sure I'm seen by as many people as possible for and during the show. Hopefully our target will see me and choose me as his next victim.*
*We're here,* said Doctor Irons, pulling into a parking space within view of the club's entrance. *Darkclaw, Shadowfox… go.*
*Going,* replied the couple, Eddie exiting the van first, then Nita.
Doctor Irons turned to Ginny. *Nervous?*
Ginny nodded.
*Good, that'll keep you alive.*
Well, that's a reassuring sentiment, observed Ginny as she moved towards the door of the van to get out. Not.
*Darkclaw to Doctor Irons, Shadowfox and I are in position. Show starts in five.*
*Understood, Protector is on her way. Report when you have visual.*
*Standing by.*
Ginny leaned over and opening the van's side door and slid gracefully down to the ground. *Heading in now,* she reported once she'd secured the door.
She walked up to the main door, showed her ticket to the doorman and was ushered inside. *This is Protector, I'm inside the venue,* she reported as she walked towards the main auditorium.
*This is Kid Martian, in position on the roof.*
Once she was in the main auditorium, Ginny headed towards the main bar. She wasn't particularly thirsty, but it was one of the few common factors they'd been able to identify. "What can I get you?" asked the barman, once she reached the front.
"A Soder Cola, please?"
"Coming right up."
*Doctor Irons, I have visual on Protector. She's at the bar. Nobody seems to be paying her any unusual attention so far.*
*Shadowfox here. I also have visual. Nothing to report.*
Ginny handed over the money and took her glass, glancing around the room, she spotted a familiar, if unexpected face. *Doctor Irons, this is Protector. Have any Scopers been authorised for this operation?*
*Negative, Protector, just Delta Squad. Why?*
*Because I just spotted one of the Scopers that I hexed during my assessment.*
*Can you remember a name?*
*Staniforth, I think…* said Ginny. *About 5'9, sandy-brown hair.*
*Checking now…*
*I have visual,* reported Eddie. *Do I approach?*
*Hold position, Darkclaw,* ordered Irons.
Out of the corner of her eye, Ginny saw the Graxosian owner and MC of the club cross to the middle of the stage. *Show's about to start, Doctor Irons.*
*Stand by.*
"Welcome to the Limbo, tonight's act might be new, but I promise you they've got a great sound, I give you… COSMIC ECHO!"

---
Outs ide the Limbo 2310 BST

*Exiting the club now,* reported Ginny, turning north towards the bus and train stations.
*No sign of pursuit,* confirmed K'oll.
*Are you sure it's a good idea to take the long route?* said Ginny. *I mean, won't everyone take the direct route, particularly with him on the prowl?*
*Probably,* admitted Doctor Irons. *Which is why you'll look like a better target if you're 'stupid' enough to go off the beaten track.*
*Gee, thanks,* said Ginny as she turned onto Thirsk Way.
*Nothing personal.*
*K'oll, anything?* asked Ginny as she cut off Thirsk Way and onto the side streets.
*Nothing yet, as predicted most of the club traffic is still on Thirsk Way.*
*Stay with Protector, Kid Martian,* ordered Doctor Jones. *We'll trail the rest of the crowd in the van.*
*Understood.*
*Heading up Elevator Street,* said Ginny. *I'm pretty shielded from view here.*
*I'm not recognising anyone from the club behind you.*
*You'll hit a cross street from Thrisk Way in about one minute,* said Irons. *Be careful.*
*I'm going fly ahead to try and spot any suspects,* said K'oll.
*I'll be ready.* promised Ginny as she continued her trek towards the intersection, her fingers curled ready to hurl spells at the attacker.
Moments later, she passed through the crossroads. *Anything?*
*Possibly,* reported K'oll. *Purple hoodie coming up behind you fast - on your right - from the cross street… He's in a hurry, but skirting around the cameras. He'll catch up in three… two… one…*
Ginny ducked to the left, a clawed hand missing her by inches. Spinning round, she pointed at the attacker. "Nyktermukes!"
The flash of light disorientated her attacker for a moment, but to her surprise it didn't do anything else. And when his hood fell back, she saw why.
He was an alien.
With no nose.
*He's a Durlan Futurist!* said Ginny. *I think I might need some help here!*
*Give me a few seconds,* said K'oll.
*I'll do my best,* said Ginny, eying her attacker.
"Why are you fighting back?!" growled the alien.
"Because I don't want to be attacked?"
"It's not going to help… I'll just hurt you more!"
"People like you make me sick," declared Ginny. "Gymnosálikate!"
A sickly-green light hit the Durlan, and he promptly doubled over in pain and began vomiting up giant slugs. "Forget attack-ughh-ing you, I'm going t-ughhh kill you!"
"I don't think so." Ginny told him, running through the other wandless spells she'd been taught recently.
"I know so!" declared the Stripper, as he shook off her spell and lunged forward, claws outstretched.
A spell on her lips, Ginny was just about to cast again, when his flight was intercepted by an airborne, Muggle 'wheelie bin' that nailed him in his side, knocking him flying.
"Score one for teamwork," said Ginny, grinned at K'oll as he shimmered into view and floated down to stand beside him. Then she turned towards their target. "Do you give up?"
The Durlan appeared to consider the question, finally deciding as Iron's van pulled up behind them and Darkclaw and Shadowfox got out, the former already transformed into his reptiloid form. "I give up."

---
Justice League Watchtower Earth Orbit 11th July, 1900 EDT

"Recognised Natasha Irons A70, Recognised Darkclaw B136, Recognised Shadowfox B144, Recognised Kid Martian B146, Recognised Protector B147," declared the Watchtower's computer as it disgorged Delta Squad back into the station's Zeta Room. Two people were waiting for them, Power Woman, who - was deputizing for Supermartian and Triton while they were at the conference - and someone else who most of the Squad knew well.
"Harry!" squealed Ginny. "What are you doing here?!"
"I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on your first successful mission," Harry told her. "I told you that you could do it."
Ginny smiled. "Yes, you did," she agreed. "And it feels good."

---
A/N: I've got some ideas for the next chapter, but as it will involve substantially rewriting what I've written so far, it may be a while.
Reviews 35
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear