Search:

SIYE Time:8:22 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ginny Weasley and the Squire of Wordenshire
By Shamrock Holmes

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Crossover
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 35
Summary: Cast out of Hogwarts after the Chamber of Secrets, Ginny Weasley's future was adrift until a chance encounter four years later opens up a new opportunity for adventure and the future.
Hitcount: Story Total: 27307; Chapter Total: 1614





Author's Notes:

A/N: This story diverges significantly from accepted canon for the Harry Potter series from the outset, as in addition to the crossover elements, there are several deviations from the books, two of which is touched upon in this chapter, and others that will be covered where they fit into the narrative. The timeline of the DC Comics elements borrows heavily from Young Justice (2011), but adds elements and characters from the comics, and relocates the series to the late Sixties and early Seventies rather than the 'New Tens' as screened, and is fairly heavy on 'legacy' and original characters as a result.



-






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The Dungeon Sheldrake Castle Great Worden Wordenshire BB7
13th July, 0830 BST, 305 AS


"Recognised Protector B147," announced the computer as Ginny exited the Zeta Tube into the same cave that she had woken up in just over two months ago.

As before, Hank Hackenbacker was present. "Good morning, Miss Weasley. How are you today?"

"Much better than last time we met, Mister Hackenbacker," Ginny replied. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you," the middle-aged man told her. "You call me Hank if you like? Mister Potter and the Prossers do."

"I'll think about it," Ginny said. "Are you coming with us?"

Hank shuddered. "It's not my thing,"

"I think it'll be fun," offered Ginny.

"I'll pass," said Hank, then triggered the roadside exit so that Ginny could leave.

"I'll probably see you later," Ginny told him as she left the cave, the large concealed entrance slid closed behind her, cutting off any potential reply.

She set off at an easy, but steady pace and a few minutes later, she arrived outside Harry's house. She knocked on the door, and a few seconds later, Harry himself opened it and ushered her inside. "Thanks for coming, Ginny," he said. "Cousin Beryl had to make an emergency visit to the States and Will didn't think it was a good idea for us to take four pre-teen girls out of town for the day without a female along."

"It's not a problem," Ginny assured him, thinking that he probably a point. "Besides it should be fun. What was so urgent?"

"Star City was hit by a new supervillain yesterday, he calls himself The Polyglot."

"The Polyglot?" Ginny asked as she followed Harry through to the living room.

"He likes to announce his targets ahead of time," said Harry. "Which would normally be very helpful in catching him, but... "

He trailed off, then Ginny remembered what 'polyglot' meant. "He writes the messages in different languages, doesn't he?"

Harry smiled ruefully and nodded, "Every... single... word."

Ginny paused for a moment to consider that. "Wow."

"Conventional analysis could take days, even using Oracle." Harry agreed. "But Cousin Beryl has a 'unique' gift for languages, so Black Arrow asked her for help."

"I hope she can," said Ginny. "How is Jamie taking it?"

"She's disappointed, naturally," Harry replied. "But I think she understands. She's certainly eager to go."

"Am I last one here?"

Harry shook his head. "Joanne and Evan - the only boy who was invited - are the only ones that are here so far."

The kitchen door creaked open and a young girl with reddish-brown hair poked her head around it. "Are they here yet?"

"Just Ginny," Harry told her. "Would you like to say hello?"

"Hello," chirped the birthday girl. "Did you bring me any presents?"

Ginny shook her head. "Sorry Jamie, I didn't have a chance. Harry only invited me last night and all the shops were closed."

Jamie shrugged, "That's okay, I'll get plenty from my friends."

"Have you finished your breakfast?" Harry asked.

"No... "

"I think you should," Harry told her, "Your dad wants to get going as soon as your other friends arrive."

"Okay," agreed Jamie and disappeared back into the kitchen.
"Speaking of, have you eaten?"

Ginny shook her head, "I wouldn't mind a bite, if there's some going?"

"Obviously," observed Harry. "You are a Weasley after all."

"You!" growled Ginny in mock outrage and pretended to hit him.

Harry laughed, faking injury as he opened the kitchen door and led Ginny in.


---
South Beach,
Blackpool, Lancashire
FY4 1BB
13th July, 1005 BST



It was early enough that the carpark was still almost empty when they arrived in South Beach and Jamie's dad was lucky enough to be able to park up close to the main entrance to the waterpark's main entrance.

"Do all of you have what you need?" Mr Prosser asked the group as Harry let Ginny and the younger kids out of the back of the Prossers' people-carrier.

Jamie and the younger kids all indicated that they were fine, however Ginny herself decided to speak up. "I need to get a swimsuit."

Mr Prosser nodded, "That will not be a problem. They rent or sell suits inside."

"That's good," Ginny said with relief. She hadn't brought any of her old suits from home as they were all too small and rather childish, and she'd been able to wear her tri-suit from training if she wanted to swim at COR or the Watchtower, but guessed that the waterpark wouldn't like it.

Jamie - apparently tired of this line of conversation - decided to set off for the entrance and the rest of the group had to briefly run to catch up.

When Mr Prosser introduced himself to the man at the desk, a female 'water ambassador' was summoned and offered to give them a tour before they got started, Mr Prosser agreed, and Ginny managed to duck into one of the shop around the main foyer and buy herself a new swimsuit.


---


After their tour, the kids headed into the changing room to get ready. Ginny's swimsuit was new, so she knew that it wouldn't take long to change, so before she got changed she glanced around to check that the girls were okay before changing. Everything looked normal until she glanced over to the last girl in her party, Panya Parsa. The others were well into changing, but the Arab girl must have been a little reluctant, as her bag was still fastened up and she was still fully clothed.

"Are you all right, Panya?" Ginny asked, when she didn't get a response, she padded over to the younger girl. "What's wrong?"

"I want to take part but... "

"The swimsuit?" Ginny suggested. "Can I see it?"

Panya nodded. Briefly burrowing in her bag for a moment, and then pulled out a high-necked polyester swimdress.

"It's not so bad," Ginny told her.

"Really?" asked Panya. "My parents would not approve."

"Do you really want to miss on a fun day?" Ginny asked her. "Sometimes you've got to do what you want."

Mollified, Panya kicked off her shoes, then started to undress. Satisfied that everything was back under control, Ginny returned to her own bag and removed her new swimsuit from its bag - then after pondering that her mother wouldn't have approved of her outfit either - she undressed and put it on. Then, after glancing at a convenient mirror, she adjusted the suit until it was a perfect fit.

Now prepared, she turned back to the other girls who were all changed as well. "Let's go get wet!" she declared, and lead Jamie and her female friends back around to the birthday party area where Harry, Evan and Jamie's dad were waiting.

Harry smiled when he saw her, "That's a different look for you," he told her, looking up and down at the skimpy string bikini. "I like it."

Ginny blushed slightly at his gaze, but pulled herself together quickly. "I'm through being nervous about things, particularly my mum's approval."

Harry nodded. "I can understand that."

"Have you been here before?" Ginny asked. "Any recommendations?"

Harry nodded, but was interrupted by a siren. "Up for some excitement?"

"Always, why?"

"That's the sign that they're about to start the wave machine in the 'river ride'," Harry said, grasping one of Ginny's hands and dragged her towards the far end of the pool area. "It's not my favourite, but because it doesn't run all day, it's a good place to start."

Ginny almost objected to being dragged along on principle, but then decided to go along with it. After all, if she couldn't trust Harry, who could she?


---


It wasn't until she was waiting for her lunch, after two hours of wave pools and water slides, that she realised just how much she meant that errant thought. She turned to Panya, the shyest and only non-white of Jamie's friends, "If anyone asks, I'll be back in a minute."

The Arab girl nodded slightly to indicate she'd heard, so Ginny took off at a brisk walk - the water ambassador had been clear that running wasn't allowed - towards the exit and entered the changing rooms. She crossed to the locker that she'd put her things in earlier, removed a small folded square of parchment and relocked it.

Once she was back at the birthday party area, she moved to Harry's side and then glanced at Joanne - the 'smart one' of Jamie's group - who got the hint and moved round to Ginny's old place at the table. Her movement caught Harry's attention and he looked up curiously. "Hi Ginny, is everything okay?"

Ginny paused briefly, then nodded. "Can I ask you something, it's a little private?"

"Can you wait until the food arrives? This lot won't notice anything once they get started."

Given her own experiences, Ginny could easily agree, so she didn't say anymore but slid silently into the empty seat beside Harry, placing the square of parchment in between them on the table where Harry could get it when he was ready.

The staff brought the food over a moment or two later, and as Harry predicted Jamie and the other kids dived in the chips, burgers, hot dogs and fish and chicken bites on offer.

Ginny snagged a hot dog box for herself and Harry opted for a burger box. Harry took a big bite of his burger and while he chewed it, he took the parchment, unfolded it, and began read. Ginny could tell when he reached the first part that she wanted to ask him about, but she waited, picking at her chips while she waited, her previous nervousness and stress returning.

A couple of minutes later, Harry put the parchment down, took a drink of his Soder Cola and then another bite of his burger. "When did you get this?"

"Errol dropped it off this morning," Ginny replied, picking up her hot dog and taking tentative bite of it. "It was a bit of a downer."

"Let's see if I can guess which bits. . . " Harry suggested. "'Recklessly risking your life'...?"

"Yeah, that was one," Ginny agreed, taking a sip of her lemonade to help with the surge of nausea that swept her.

"'Ignoring your duty to your family'...?"

"That too," admitted Ginny, and smiled a little despite herself when Harry put an arm around her to try and comfort her. "Particularly, when she suggested that I'll disappoint Bill if I stay away from his wedding. . . He was about the only one who really tried to help me after the Chamber..."

"I'm sorry I couldn't..."

Ginny shook her head, snuggling closer against Harry's lean, muscular chest. "If it wasn't for you I would've died, Harry. You did what you could."

"Thanks, Ginny," said Harry, seemingly relieved. "So, you want my advice about going back?"

Ginny nodded, "I hate that she's still trying to baby and 'protect' me, but she's probably right about the wedding. . . "

"Well, I agree it's complicated. . . " Harry told her. "Merlin knows I've had family issues. . . "

Ginny nodded. Rumours of the backgrounds of various heroes were a common icebreaker and topic of gossip around the Watchtower. The consensus usually favoured Superman and Power Woman for the most tragic and the current Batman for one of the most horrific, but stories like Harry's years of abuse at the hands of the Dursleys weren't uncommon.

"I understand that you don't want to disappoint your brother, but sometimes you've got to think of yourself."

"You wouldn't!" Ginny insisted.

Harry shook his head, then paused for a moment to eat a little more of his meal. "Not only would I," he told her. "But I have."

"What?" said Ginny shocked.

"Have you heard the story of how I ended up with the Prossers?" he asked, taking a deep drink while he paused. Ginny shook her head. "It's quite a story, I'm surprised you haven't heard it."

"Can you tell me?"

Harry nodded, "I think it might help. It was a little over six years ago... Because my usual minders, Mrs Figg and my aunt's friend Yvonne, weren't available to look after me, I got to go to the zoo with the Dursleys. I was desperate for everything to go well. Spending the day somewhere that wasn't school, my cupboard, or Mrs Figg's cabbage-smelling living room was worth spending the day with Dudley and his friend, Piers..." Harry paused again, finishing his burger off in a couple of bites. "It was the best morning I'd had in a long time... Uncle Vernon bought me a cheap lemon ice pop because the lady in the van asked me what I wanted before they could hurry me away... then at lunch, I got to have some of a knickerbocker glory because Dudley said his 'wasn't big enough' and threw a tantrum until Uncle Vernon bought him another one..." Harry snorted derisively, "I should have known it was too good to be true..."

"What happened?"

"We went to the reptile house after lunch..."

Ginny shivered slightly, her eyes opening wide in surprise. She glanced around to make sure no-one was listening, "Not... Parseltongue?"

Harry nodded, "That wasn't the worst of it though, Dudley pushed me while I was distracted, and I accidentally Vanished the glass of the terrarium." Ginny gasped in shock, so he quickly assured her. "As far as I saw or heard, the boa didn't do anything except snap playfully at their heels as it passed, but by the time we got back to Uncle Vernon's car, Dudley was telling them how it had nearly bitten off his leg, while Piers was swearing it had tried to squeeze him to death. But worst of all, for me at least, was Piers calming down enough to say, 'Harry was talking to it, weren't you, Harry?'"

"Oh dear," said Ginny, from the rumours she'd heard that couldn't be good...

Harry nodded. "I was bracing myself for the inevitable 'Vernon explosion' when we got home, but then a dark shape looming overhead, Uncle Vernon slammed on the brakes, wrenching the car to one side, Dudley screamed and then we were struck, flipped end-over-end and I blacked out."

"What happened next?"

"I woke up in hospital, five hours later with a blinding headache and blurred vision - although that turned out to just be my missing glasses - and they told me the Dursleys were dead."

Ginny thought she knew Harry and their situations well enough to guess what came next. "You weren't sure that was a 'bad thing' were you?"

Harry looked slightly shamefaced for a moment and then shook his head. "I wasn't no, particularly after Impala - who had pulled me out of the car after the crash - called Cousin Beryl to the hospital, then she brought me to Great Worden, and her daughter Jamie was really happy to see me."

"You were only ten, Harry! It's understandable." Ginny told him, then decided that it was a natural thing to add. "I'm with Jamie on this by the way."

"Maddy and Dr Montrose have told me the same thing," Harry said, smiling a little at Ginny's last comment.

"Maddy?" asked Ginny, then remembered. "She had a similar history with her birth family, didn't she?"

"And her headmistress," Harry added unnecessarily. "No deaths there though."

"Thanks, Harry," said Ginny. "I think that helps... I'm going to see if I can talk to Bill... see what he wants."

"Anything I can do to help?" Harry asked, returning to the last of his chips.

"Not yet, but I'll let you know," said Ginny, returning to her own meal, making a face when it turned out that it was now a bit cold, but she was hungry enough that she dug in anyway.


---


Once they had finished their meals, the staff brought out the cake and Ginny joined the others in a rousing chorus of 'Harry Birthday' then helped herself to a slice of the cake and looked on as Jamie tore into the stack of presents that the other kids had brought along, most of which to her surprise were identifiable as magical. She looked at Harry with a curious expression on her face.

"Sorry, didn't you know?" Harry asked. "All of the kids are at Hogwarts, they'll be second years in September. Jamie, Melanie and Evan are Gryffindors, Joanne is a Ravenclaw and Panya is a Slytherin."

"Really?" asked Ginny, glancing at the Arab pre-teen. "I wouldn't have guessed that, even if I had known they were magical."

Harry smiled, "She might be a Slytherin, but she's sweet. Not all like Malfoy or one of his ilk."

"That's a relief," observed Ginny, who had been a little concerned for Harry's 'little sister' for a moment.

After their lunch, the kids - including Harry and Ginny - headed back into the water, first into wave pool, then back onto the slides for another couple of hours. When Mr Prosser called them out of the water, Ginny was happy, but sore and exhausted, and looked in askance at Jamie and Melanie as they skipped towards the changing rooms.

"Do you need a hand?" asked Panya, a slight frown on her face.

"I'll be fine," Ginny assured her. "I haven't got as many bruises as this in weeks. I'll need a moment."

Panya relaxed, and followed the other girls towards the exit.

True to her word, Ginny managed to get moving a minute or two later, and she and the others were dried and changed long before the staff started doing their final rounds before closing.

Before she left the Prosser house to Zeta back to The Orchard, Ginny asked for - and received - permission to send Hedwig to Bill with a message asking to meet up at one of Bill's favourite spots in Muggle London.


---

A/N: This one's a little shorter than usual, but it seems like a good place to stop so I'm going to break it here. However, my next chapter is already beta'd so it should be up shortly.

Reviews 35
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear