Search:

SIYE Time:0:48 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Dear Harry, Dear Ginny
By CharmHazel

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 32
Summary: Seperated by war and desperately missing each other, both Harry and Ginny write letters to one another, despite knowing they can never send them.
Hitcount: Story Total: 22231; Chapter Total: 2568





Author's Notes:
I just want to say thank you for the support on this story. I know it is not everyone's taste as I have had made known to me via a nasty review elsewhere. So if you are enjoying it, then that pleases me!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The Burrow — August 1997.....

Dear Harry,

It’s my birthday. My 16th birthday. It should be a happy day. But it isn’t. It’s just…..I’m not even sure how to describe how it is. I just know it is not normal, it is not how it should be. We are all confused about how to act. And it wasn’t like we didn’t celebrate my birthday, because we did. It was a low key affair, just the family. And that was fine with me, but you could feel and see the aching gap where you, Ron and Hermione should have been. It made my birthday quieter than normal, despite the best attempts by the twins to cheer everyone up. And trust me, they really did try.

To be honest, I have been moping around the house since you three escaped. Everyone just seems to think it is because I am angry about being left behind, or because I am missing and worrying about you three. But, you know as well as I do, neither is the reason why. I’m not angry, as I know that this was part of your decision. Plus I am underage, I still have the trace on me and quite honestly we do not need to have my mother feeling even more sick with worry. And I do miss Ron and Hermione and do worry for their safety, but it is you not being here that is making me mope. I am missing you so much and I am worried and scared for you, even though I know you are currently safe for the moment.

Yes, we know where you are now and no, none of us are going to come there or reveal where you are. Remus and Tonks popped over briefly last night and told us what had happened. Can you believe they are having a baby? I am actually excited for them, something so good happening during such dark times.

Anyway, we know Remus turned up at where you three are currently staying and made the stupid mistake of asking to go with you rather than choosing to stay home with Tonks. You should have heard Mum. Went off on one of her rants and Remus was trying so hard to shrink into himself, while Tonks was just laughing. Dad managed to cut off the rant by reminding her that they were both here now so obviously Remus had realised his mistake. Remus then told us what you had said to make him come home to Tonks.

I feel like I should be angry with you for shouting at him. I think Mum was for a bit, claiming you had been disrespectful. But as Remus said you had just said what your own father would have said to him and he couldn’t blame you for losing your temper with him, being that you had no choice when it came to the loss of your own parents. I am so proud of you for helping Remus see sense in the matter. Tonks just could not stop smiling last night as a result; I suspect they may ask you to be the godfather. I think it would be a great choice if they do ask.

All I can do now is count down the days until I return to Hogwarts. It won’t be the same without you but I know I will have Neville and Luna to help me through the year. My obvious worry though is we just don’t know what we will be returning to. With Tom having taken over the Ministry, I can only presume it is the same for the school. It is bad enough that we know that Muggleborns will not be able to return. At least I know Hermione is safe for now. Merlin can only imagine what they have planned for the school and I doubt it is anything good. I suspect that if things get really bad, then we will be getting the DA back together. If we do, I cannot promise you that I will stay safe, but for you, I will try my best. The same way I know you will try your best to stay safe, not that it ever happens.

Just please do not do anything too crazy in regards to what it is you have to do. Please stay as safe as you possibly can.

I miss you so much right now.

I love you and I will always love you.

Ginny

HP&GW

Grimmauld Place — August 1997…..

Dear Ginny,

Happy 16th Birthday!

Merlin, that sounds stupid.

Oh and that just sounds incredibly rude. What is wrong with me?

I do truly hope you are managing to have a happy birthday, even with everything that is happening in our world right now. I just wish I could have been there and spent the day with you. After the incredible birthday present you gave me, I really wish I could return it.

And now I am smiling. I can’t help but do so when I think about that kiss we shared. It is the only light in the darkness that currently surrounds me.

Merlin, I really miss you right now. I can see Ron and Hermione becoming closer by the day and while I know they have still yet to confess their feelings for each other, just watching them makes me feel so lonely and so isolated. It makes me miss you all the more when I can see the comfort they can offer each other. You are the one person who can offer me comfort in way like no other and right now, we can’t be together and I hate it, I really hate it.

It helps though that we are currently putting a plan together for the next part of our mission. It helps me to focus. It stops me from wallowing in self-pity. It stops me from welling on the fact that I cannot be with you when I need you the absolute most.

Anyway, we are planning something and it is something big and probably, no, it is incredibly stupid. But we have no choice. It needs to be done if we are to complete what Dumbledore has asked of us. It is taking time to plan as we need to get it right. We need this to be successful. Chances are that if we pull this off without them knowing it was us, you will still know we did it if it makes the Prophet. So I apologise now, because it is stupid and most definitely not safe.

I am hoping you have heard from or seen Remus by now. I hope it helped to let your family know we are currently safe. If you have, then you will know I lost my temper with him. I didn’t mean to do so, but I just feel so tense right now and I felt he was being downright idiotic.

We were all so excited to hear that Tonks is pregnant. I know Remus would make an amazing dad and he deserves the happiness he has found with her. But he had to screw it up, he had to try and run. Why would he think I would accept his offer to come with us? I know full well that what we are embarking on is dangerous, but there is absolutely no need for him to put himself in that position.

So I lost it. I told him he was wrong. I told him to go home to Tonks. I told him he needed to be with his wife and be there when his child is born. As I made clear to him, no child should be left without a parent by choice. My mum and dad had no choice and look what happened to me. I got put with the worst family ever. So I told him he was being stupid. I made not have been so polite about it, but he needed to understand that he was wrong and that Tonks was the person who needed him most, not us.

The worst thing about it is that while I know I was right to say what I did, I feel so incredibly guilty for the way I went about it. I can only hope that one day I will get to apologise to him for how rude I was. On top of that, Hermione and Ron were not impressed by my performance either. And that makes me worry how things will go during this mission of ours. It scares me that our friendship, one that I have come to rely on since I was 11, may potentially be torn apart from the stress that comes with what we need to do.

It is at times like these that I need and miss you so much.

Harry
Reviews 32
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear