Search:

SIYE Time:0:57 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Dear Harry, Dear Ginny
By CharmHazel

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 32
Summary: Seperated by war and desperately missing each other, both Harry and Ginny write letters to one another, despite knowing they can never send them.
Hitcount: Story Total: 22227; Chapter Total: 2286





Author's Notes:
This story is nearly over! I know I said nine chapters, but in the end it made more sense to put two of the chapters together to become this chapter. Next chapter is the last and will be a big time jump. Thank you for the continued support!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Aunt Muriel’s — April 1998…..

Dear Harry,

Well, we’re officially in hiding now. We are stuck at Aunt Muriel’s for the foreseeable future, under the Fidelius Charm, with Dad as the secret keeper. Bill managed to get us out of The Burrow before anything happened, after it was discovered that Ron was with you.

Before you say it, no, actually before you even think it, it is NOT your fault.

I want to make that clear right now. My family is the biggest bunch of blood traitors there are. The very fact we have managed to continue on as normal for this long is a downright miracle in itself. There was never any guarantee that we would avoid the need to do so. Additionally, we have managed for much longer than some people, so do not get your wand in a knot. Just continue to concentrate on your task and finish it as soon as you can.

For me. For us. For our future.

Now my rant is over and now that you have it through your thick head, I can continue with what I was saying.

We were lucky I was back for Easter. Actually, they are lucky I even came home, because I never normally do. Even if I had stayed at Hogwarts though, I probably would have ended up hiding in the Room of Requirement.

Anyway, Bill turned up and told us our time had run out. Next thing I know, we are at Aunt Muriel’s with no chance of leaving and with not much to do but study. It helps to past the time and it helps me to keep my mind off you, but it’s just so hard to do now, especially knowing you are staying at Bill’s.

Maybe I could have sent you a letter or even all the letters I have written to you, but I figured it would not help you. I don’t want you worrying about me when your mind needs to be completely focused on your task. My only hope is that this task is close to an end and that this war is nearly over. Something in my gut tells that the end is coming and sooner than we all think.

Remember I have faith and trust in you to fulfil what it is you need to do.

Bill told us briefly about Malfoy Manor. It made me appreciate you all the more for wanting to do this without me, for wanting me to stay safe. I cannot imagine what Ron was feeling when Hermione was being tortured, but I do know that if it had been you, well…..it would have torn me to pieces. I’m just glad you all got out of there, especially Luna. I have been so worried for her, so I am happy to know she is finally safe and that you helped rescue her.

I heard about Dobby as well. I am so sorry, Harry. I truly am.

I know you heard the good news about Remus and Tonks, that their baby has been born. A little boy named Teddy. I also know you have been named godfather, just like I said you would. You are going to be brilliant and Teddy is going to be loved so much by you, me, Remus, Tonks and everyone else.

Teddy being born is yet another reason for you to finish this, to end it once and for all. He deserves the chance to grow up in a world full of peace and not one still blighted by prejudices. He doesn’t deserve to be hidden away because his parents are a werewolf and a blood traitor. He is and hopefully will be the start of a new generation who will grow up to be tolerant and understanding, who will be someone who will be accepting of those who are different to who he is.

I know that part of your reasons for going after Tom is for revenge for your own personal losses. I get that, but you and I both know it isn’t enough. It needs to be more than that. You need to do this for Teddy, for me, for our family and friends and for everyone who is being denied their right to their heritage.

That may seem like a lot of pressure to put on you, but somehow I know you know this is why Tom and his minions need to be brought down and finished. If there is anyone who does not deserve their place in our world, it is them.

And remember that you do not have to do this all alone. I know you have Ron and Hermione, but others want to help. The Order and the DA will be there to help, to fight or for whatever is needed. All you need to do is call.

However, don’t expect me to stay behind and stay safe. I have done as you have asked. Well, near to, but that doesn’t matter now. The simple fact is that if it comes down to a final battle between the light and the dark, I want to be there, and I want to fight. I know you will worry about me, but I deserve my chance to help bring them down.

But as for now, I will remain where I am, where I know I am safe.

I hope the next time I see you that this will be all over and that I can finally say the words I have been longing to say to you in person.

Remember I love you and I will always love you.

Ginny

HP&GW

Shell Cottage — April 1998…..

Dear Ginny,

I am happy to hear that you are now in hiding. I feel much better knowing you are anywhere but Hogwarts. I know you probably still want to be there, but with them knowing Ron is with me, it is probably for the best right now.

I suspect most of what I write in this letter you will know about already, thanks to Bill. I know he was the one to get you out of The Burrow and into hiding and I’m sure he would have filled you all in with what he knew then and what else he knew when he brought Mr Ollivander over to your Aunt’s.

I honestly don’t know where to begin. After our eventful trip to see Mr Lovegood, we were back to our tent, moving every few days. Then all of a sudden, it was madness and this time it was my fault.

Please don’t sit there and read this thinking it isn’t before you know the full facts. Just know that I have never regretted anything more than this. Well, except for pushing you away. That was my biggest mistake and regret. If I make it through this war, I promise to make it up to you.

Anyway, I digress. It started with Ron finally managing to tune into Potterwatch. Hearing Kingsley, Fred and Remus on there was amazing. It made me feel energised to hear that people were still fighting, that they were still resisting and protecting. It was just so amazing to hear that. I wish we’d been able to tune in sooner.

Anyway, I can’t remember what it was that set me off. Something did and during it, I used his name. I knew about the Taboo, Ron told us and we had already fallen into the habit of not using it before we even knew. I KNEW and I still chose to use it. It is how we ended up at Malfoy Manor. We were caught by Snatchers and Fenrir Greyback because I dared to use his stupid name.

I hate myself so much for it. I put us in that position that led to Hermione being tortured and to Dobby dying just so he could save us. The good part is that not only did my stupid mistake lead us to saving Dean, Luna, Mr Ollivander and Griphook, but it also helped us figure out what we need to do next.

This is the reason I didn’t ask Bill to bring you over to see me, as much as I wanted to. I need to stay focused on my task, which is so nearly at an end.

I can say that for certainty because the next stage of our plan is probably going to alert Tom to what we are doing. The moment he knows, we will be on a tight time limit to finish it once and for all.

The end of this war is coming. I will be taking Tom down, even if it means dying in the process. But this will end and it will end soon.

Before I finish this letter, I want to say one more thing. I think I have finally figured out what I feel for you. I know it has taken me time, but I have never felt this way before and it scared me just how much I felt for you. The intensity and the depth of my feelings are far greater than I can describe.

I want to tell you in person, not in a letter. And I promise I will once this is all over.

Soon.

I miss you.

Love,

Harry
Reviews 32
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear