Search:

SIYE Time:12:16 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Trouble, with a capital T!
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 97
Summary: She was funny, exciting and sassy. She was trouble with a capital T. AU
Hitcount: Story Total: 32443; Chapter Total: 4394





Author's Notes:
Thanks to the validators for getting the story updated so quickly, and to the wonderful reviews Ive been getting. Sassy Ginny is back this chapter, and Harry gets a clue that what he's feeling isnt one sided. Enjoy!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry eagerly looked forward to the Quidditch match. His early class had been in high spirits, already in holday mode, despite there being two more days of classes. Harry had been tempted to let them out early, but knew he couldn't. He decided to throw them a surpise test in the morning, just to keep them on their toes.

With relief he'd watched them leave, and he himself had hurried home to eat and then change. He'd grabbed his training bag and Apparated to the grounds they used to play. He saw the familiar faces of some of his co-workers but realised he wasn't the last to arrive.

“Hey,” they greeted Harry. He responded in kind.

“Not sure if we're going to have enough players. Marin and Coombe's are out with the flu, and Webber got injured in that raid yesterday,” said Matt Parker, one of the DMLE lawyers.

“Damn,” said Harry. He really needed to do something physical. Dreams of Ginny invaded his nights and yesterday when he worked out at the gym at work, he couldn't help remember the sexy little outfit she wore, so he decided to give the gym a wide berth today. If the match was cancelled, he'd go home and go for a jog or something.

“Lee Jordan from Research said he knew a few people who might be keen. Said he'd make a few fire-calls, so we're just waiting to see if he comes through,” said Davis.

“Is that him now?” asked Harry, nodding to a group of four people approaching. Three wizards and a witch.

“Yeah, looks like he came through. Merlin, is that-that's Oliver Wood!” cried Parker.

“Who?” asked Harry in a fog. For coming towards him was Ginny, surrounded by three tall men, who were laughing and joking with her. He tensed at the sight.

“Oliver Wood! You don't know who Oliver Wood is? He's captain and Keeper of Puddlemere United. Geez, Potter, where have you been hiding, under a rock? I thought you followed Quidditch,”said Parker.

Harry started. “Oliver Wood?” He turned his attention to one of the men, the one who was laughing and talking with Ginny. “Hey, that is Oliver Wood!”Oliver swung an arm over Ginny's shoulders, and Harry hated him instantly.

“I thought you followed PU?” asked Davis.

“I do,” snarled Harry. 'I did'

“Hey guys, sorry if we're a bit late. Someone had to change out of his Puddlemere United jersey and into something a but less showy,” teased Lee, looking at Oliver, who laughed. “This is Oliver Wood, who I'm sure you all know, George Weasley, owner and founder of WWW and his gorgeous sister, Ginny. Best I could do with half an hour's notice.”

“Hi, welcome,” said Davis. His eyes were torn between hero worship for Oliver, or putting the moves on Ginny. “Thanks for coming out at such short notice.”

“Happy to. My wife has started telling me I need to get more active, so she was happy when Lee's firecall came through. Luckily, Gin was visiting us to see our new baby,” said George.

“That's great, congratulations,” they said. George quickly whipped out some photos to show around.

“So, Team Hippogriff needs a Chaser and a Beater, and Team Horntail needs a Keeper and a Beater. What do you guys play?” asked Harper, picking up a couple of beaters bats.

George and Lee stepped up to take them. “Perfect. Now, go easy on Ollie. He's only played Keeper once or twice before,” George teased.

Ginny scoffed. “You mean he's only won Player of the Season once or twice before, right George?”

Oliver gave a half bow to the the round of applause. “Sounds like you got your own personal cheer squad there, Wood,” teased Davis, looking at Ginny.

Oliver put his arm around Ginny. “One of the hazards of professional Quidditch, I'm afraid. I can't keep the gorgeous women away. But this one, she came close to playing professionally herself.”

Ginny flushed, but didn't move away, Harry noted. “That was a long time ago,”said Ginny.

“What position?” asked Johnson to Ginny.

“Chaser,” she said. She sent a look to Oliver. “So you'll be seeing a lot of my ass today, Wood, as I fly past you when I score.”

The men whistled and cheered. “Bring it on, Weasley,” Oliver grinned. George looked proud.

“Damn, I like her. If she plays half as good as she looks, she's be my dream girl,” whispered Parker to Harry. Harry never wanted to hex someone so badly in his life.

All right, Team Hippgriff, over here. Team Horntail over there. Two minutes to discuss strategy, then it's game on,” said Lewis, opening the case that held the Snitch and the Quaffles.

Ginny and Lee wanderd over to Team Hippogriff. “Hello...Sir,” said Ginny, as she stood next to Harry.

“Call me Harry,” corrected Harry, trying to ignore her flowery scent.

“So, what position, Harry?” asked Ginny.

Harry had a sudden image of him and Ginny lying on the mat in his classroom. 'Her on top, him on top, he wasn't too fussed'.

“Seeker, I play Seeker,” he said, in a rush, just realising what she meant.

“Well good luck today, Harry. Should be fun,” said Ginny, straddling her broom. At the sound of the whistle, she flew off gracefully.

“What are you waiting for, Potter. An engraved invitation? Get your ass up here,” yelled Parker.

Harry mounted his broom and flew up. The team huddled in the sky. “All right, this is the last match of the year, and I really want to win. I can't go into the break, three-nil,” wailed Parker.

“We'll win,” said Lewis. “I got a good feeling about today.” He wiggled his eyebrows at Ginny.

“All right, everybody in,” said Parker, his hand out. One by one, they laid there hands over his. Ginny was the last,laying her hand on Harry's. He noticed how small and feminine it was against his large, manly hand.

“Go, Hippogriff's,” they yelled, and broke apart to get into positions.

With a double whistle from down below, the Snitch was released. The game was on.


Just over an later, they were at the closest pub. “I can't believe we won against Wood. Oliver Wood!” cried Parker, skolling his drink. “That was the fastest paced game I ever played in!”

Harry laughed. “It's not like Wood was trying too hard, you know. He couldn't chance getting injured, could he? PU are going all the way this year,” he said. He was still pumped from the game too.

Parker put his empty glass down and used his sleeve to wipe the moisture from his lips. “How good was Weasley? Merlin, how many goals did she shoot? I lost count after fifteen.”

“Twenty one,” said Harry. “She shot twenty one.”

“Competitive little thing, wasn't she?” chuckled Parker.

Lewis pulled up a chair next to them. “Talking about Weasley? I'm going to try and convince her to play with us all the time. What do you reckon?”

“What about the others, the ones that were out sick and injured?” asked Harry.

Lewis shrugged. “It's handy to have excess players.You know we usually play short because there's always someone that can't make it because they're working. What does Weasley do?”

“Studying to be a curse-breaker,” said Harry. “I've just had her. Er, in my class, I meant.” He flushed, but the other men didn't notice.

“Smart, beautiful and she can fly. Now, if she can only cook, I'll have to ask her to marry me,” sighed Parker. “Where is she, anyway?”

The three men spun around. Ginny had been moving amongst the three tables they'd commandeered, talking to all the guys, but now she was nowhere in sight.

“If you're looking for Gin, some friends of hers came in, so she went to say hi,” said George, coming up from behind. “Look, I have to go. New baby at home and all that. Today was fun. Anytime you need a spare, owl me at WWW. Either my brother Ron or I should be able to make it. He plays Keeper.”

With calls of thanks, and waves, George left. Oliver had left straight after the match, but Lee lingered. Harry went over to sit with him. “So how do you know Oliver and the others?” he asked, nonchalantly.

“Hogwarts. We're all Gryffindors. You never went, did you?” he asked. Harry shook his head.

“Well, George and Oliver were on the Gryffindor Quidditch team together, and I used to commentate the matches. Ginny was too, but that was after Ollie had left. I've been friends with her brothers since we started at Hogwarts.”

“She's pretty good,” said Harry. At an outburst of laughter, he saw Ginny sitting with a group of people, one of which was Seamus Finnegan. A good looking dark-skinned man sat between him and Ginny.

“She was signed to the Harpies, but she got hit with a Bludger on her ankle. She'd injured it badly before, so it just made it worse. She tried everything to heal it, but she didn't pass the physical, so they cut her from their squad,” sighed Lee in sympathy.

“That's harsh,” said Harry. He had noticed a weakness on her left side during their physical training, and now he knew why.

“That's Quidditch,” shrugged Lee. “She was in quite a funk about it for awhile, but now she's doing well. She's studying to be a Curse-breaker.”

Harry watched the dark-skinned man put his arm on the back of the seat Ginny was sitting in. He narrowed his eyes and the man, suddenly aware he was being watched, looked around. His eyes met Harry's, and Harry glared at him. Dean Thomas jerked in surprise and frowned, wondering why the man who looked like Harry Potter was sending him death stares!

>>>>>>

Ginny finished talking to the girls on the other side of her. She looked at her watch. “Sorry, guys, I have to go. I've got one last assignment to hand in, and I'm only half way done. I really need to go.”

“Come on Ginny, stay,” said Hannah, while Parvati and Demelza nodded.

“I can't. Take care, guys. Have a great Christmas,” she said, hugging them all goodbye.

“We'll see you at the Ministry's Yule Ball, won't we, Ginny?” asked Dean.

“Of course. Luna and I are going together, if she makes it home by then,” she said. “Bye.”

Ginny went back to her new Quidditch friends. “Hey, thanks for the game today. It was fun,” she said, shrugging her jacket on.

“If you want to be a part of the team, you're always welcome,” offered Lewis.

“Thanks, but my calendar is pretty full, with study and my family. But call me if you get desperate,” she laughed.

“Does that include things besides Quidditch, because I'm pretty desperate right now,” slurred Parker, winking at her.“Is it hot in here or is it just you?” He fanned himself suggestively.

Ginny smiled. “Oh sweetie, it must be you cos you just crashed and burned.” She picked up her training bag.

“What?” asked Lewis, confused. The other men were howling with laughter at her comeback. Harry was impressed how she'd handled it.

“Say Weasley, can you cook?” asked Parker, nudging Harry.

“Yeah. Not as good as my Mum, but yeah. I make a mean treacle tart,” said Ginny. “Why?”

Harry's tastebuds watered. Treacle tart was his favourite.

“Damn. I think I'm gonna have to marry you, Weasley,” sighed Parker.

“Not tonight, I'm afraid. I really need to go. I've still got an assignment I need to finish by tomorrow,” said Ginny

“Are you Apparating?” asked Harry. At her nod he got off his stool. “I'll walk you out.”

They walked out together. “You fly really well,” said Ginny. “Even Oliver said so.”

“Are the two of you together?” asked Harry.

Ginny looked surprised. “No. He's more my brother's friend, but I've known him for years.”

“What about the dark-skinned man sitting with Finnegan?” he asked.

“Dean? We went out at Hogwarts for awhile, but we were better off as friends. Merlin, it's really starting to come down now, isn't it?”she said, as they stepped outside.

Harry nodded and shoved his hands in his pockets before he did something crazy and pulled her close to him and never let her go. 'She's your student, she's your student', his brain chanted.

“So, what's your assignment for?” asked Harry.

“Charms. Just a half day lesson tomorrow and your class on Friday then I'm officially on a break,” she sighed. “I love Christmas, don't you?” She lifted her face to embrace the light falling snow.

Harry grunted, although Christmas had been better since celebrating it with Teddy. “Yeah, I guess.”

Ginny waited for Harry to say something, but when he didn't she gave up. “Well, I guess I better go.” She turned around but slipped on an icy patch. “Oh!”

Two strong arms grabbed her and steadied her. “I've got you,” said Harry.

“Thanks,” said Ginny, giggling. “I feel like a klutz.”

“You fly brilliantly. Lee told me about your Quidditch career,” he said.

“Oh,” said Ginny, her face dropping.

Way to go, Harry. Remind her of what she lost, he said to himself.

Ginny shrugged. She didn't want the night to end on a downer. “It just wasn't meant to be, that's all. But you, you're fearless. You really can't learn that, you either have it or you don't. And the way you caught the Snitch, I-”

“I want to catch your Snitch,” said Harry suddenly. He shook his head, that didn't even make sense. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Ginny put her hand in her pocket and pulled out a shiny object. “You mean this Snitch?” She caressed it and it fluttered excitedly. The guys had let her keep it for playing so well.

Harry gulped. The way her fingers were running over it and around it made him think of her caressing other things. “Quaffle! You handle the Quaffle really well,” he blurted out.

“Do I? Have you ever played Chaser? I think you could handle my Quaffle too, Harry,” she purred. She took a step closer. “I think you could shoot your Quaffle right through my hoops? I bet you could score a lot, Harry.”

Harry nodded dazedly, his eyes on her lips. All of a sudden he really wanted to play Quidditch. With her. Naked. 'Wait, was SHE talking about actual Quidditch or...other stuff?'

“Hey lovebirds, look up,” yelled Lewis, drunkenly.

They both looked up. Above them was a sprig of mistletoe. A bird flew over and settled on a branch of the tree, dislodging some snow which fell on Ginny's head.

Ginny flushed and looked down. Harry brushed the snow off her hair, amazed at how silky soft it was and how fiery it looked against the white of the snow. Unbidden, his hand came down her cheek, caressing it briefly.

Ginny leaned into his palm, then looked up and her eyes met his. Something flared in each.

“Kiss her,” yelled Parker, while Lewis made kissy noises.

Harry grimaced, and the moment was lost. Ginny stepped back from him. “I should go.”

Harry had the sudden feeling if she went, they would lose something special. “Ginny, wait!”

But it was too late. With the drunken slurs from his teammates ringing in his ears, Harry watched Ginny Apparate away.


Reviews 97
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear