Search:

SIYE Time:0:45 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Albus Potter and the Deathly Hallows
By JetLaBarge

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 77
Summary: Albus has his challenges during his first year. Cleopatra is obviously his soulmate, and has brilliant insights into magic, except she cannot do it like anyone else. Albus has to help her while keeping peace between the two brightest and most competitive students at Hogwarts, Scorpius and Rose. It doesn’t help that people are out to get Albus. Harry is not sure he can keep everyone safe. Then you have Ginny and Cleopatra.



Hitcount: Story Total: 79313; Chapter Total: 2806
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
The brothers face off on the Quidditch Pitch. Minor corrections (for a change) by FriendofMolly and Arnel.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The first Quidditch game of the season was between Gryffindor and Slytherin, on seven October, 2017, and it seemed like the whole Quidditch world had heard about the two Potter brothers facing off against each other. As Harry and Ginny got ready to go Harry asked, “Where should we sit?”

Ginny said, “Albus is having a hard enough time being in Slytherin. Besides the Gryffindor stands will be full. We’d better sit in the Slytherin stands. Boggarts, I never thought I’d be sitting in THOSE stands.”

Harry said, “Al has been a surprise in many ways, and I think he is going to continue to surprise us.”

“Harry, do you have any idea what this ‘Cleopatra’ person looks like?”

Harry replied, “I saw her when they were sorted. I will point her out. I’m not quite sure how to describe her. She looks like a girl, with big hips for a first year. She is dark, more like George and Roxanne’s children than our children.”

Ginny looked at Harry. “As important as she is I would think you could do a better job of describing her.”

“You will see her soon enough,” Harry said.

“Boggarts and Bollocks, again,” Ginny said.

Harry and Ginny found themselves next to the three Malfoys. Narcissa had insisted that Draco come, even though Scorpius was just a reserve player.

Hamilton Jordan, the oldest of Lee Jordan’s three sons, had followed in his father’s footsteps, and was the commentator. Al was determined to make a statement, both to reward the Firebolt Broom Company, and to rattle his brother. As Hamilton was announcing the players he started with Gryffindor, then Slytherin. .

“And finally, flying on his mother’s Firebolt Special Edition, by far the fastest and most expensive broom any student has ever flown, Albus Severus Potter!”

At the announcement Al took off straight up at a tremendous speed. He had arranged with Roxanne to have fireworks start at about 100 feet, and Al flew out of sight with fireworks streaming out of the brooms tail. Thirty seconds later Harry’s Auror phone rang with the URGENT ring. Harry answered, and Jim Shook said, “A dozen wizards and maybe ten times that many Dementors. Cast Patronuses please.

Harry put his wand to his throat and said, “Sonorus.” Then with his amplified voice said, “If you can cast a Patronus please do so now. There are Dementors above us.” Harry saw Dobedo leave him on his broom and go flying up into the air.

Within ninety seconds the crowd saw Al come down as fast as he flew up, followed by Dementors. There were a large number of Patronuses, and the Dementors fled.

“The attackers have all left, as have the Dementors,” Jim Shook said to Harry through his Patronus.. “I am glad you had a couple of us circling above the Quidditch Pitch, though. Elves came flying up to help us, some of them wearing Hogwarts uniforms. I saw some from Switzerland too. They are still flying around guarding the pitch.”

Harry saw Dobedo on his broom, hovering just behind and above the Slytherin stands, and Jo and Mo, the Elves that had helped guard them in San Francisco, alongside Dobedo. Frerin and Dis, the Elves charged with guarding Albus and Cleopatra, were hovering over the Gryffindor stands.

Al was on the ground with the rest of the students. Harry again magnified his voice, and said, “The Pitch is guarded, and you can resume the game.”

Albus then circle the stadium at a speed and with tight turns that he knew even James could not match, and then lightly set down next to the rest of the team.

Every student and most of the other people on the Slytherin side cheered and screamed. Most of the other people, including Harry and Ginny, sat stunned.

Both teams asked Al what had happened. When the chorus of voices had died down Al said, “I was attacked, but there were plenty of guards, and I was not really in any danger. We have a game to play. I will tell you more later.”

There was some grumbling, but then the game started.

The Gryffindor team was clearly the best team. The score was sixty to two hundred when both James and Al spotted the snitch. Abraham had made forty of the sixty points, partly because he knew how the Potters played.

The snitch was at the opposite end of the pitch. James had a small head start, but the winner was going to be determined by the fastest broom, and here Al had the advantage, and ended up getting to the snitch just before his brother.

As Harry and Ginny went over to congratulate both sons they noticed a beaming Hudson Harrison, and several writers and photographers. Hudson was keeping all the reporters back while the entire team congratulated Al. As this was going on Harry saw Albus encourage a reluctant Slytherin team to greet and commiserate with the Gryffindor team.

Hudson had another Firebolt staff member get James Potter to join the group, and there were about half an hour of interviews before Harry and Ginny got a chance to meet their two sons.

Other students were finally allowed on the field. A number of students congratulated Al, and he acknowledged the congratulations, but made sure to praise his teammates as well. He refused to talk about the attack.

Finally a large black girl went over to Al. She was taller and bigger than Al, and she picked him up with a hug, the typical way a larger man would pick his girl’s feet off the ground, and gave Al a little kiss.

Ginny looked at the girl who had given Al a kiss. She sure didn’t look like what Ginny had imagined. She was a big girl, taller and heavier than Al, almost as dark as George and Angelica’s children, and although she was not ugly she was sure awkward looking. It didn’t help that the Hogwarts uniform she had on didn’t exactly fit. She had the biggest hips Ginny had ever seen on an eleven year old girl that was not in any way obese. Al came over to his parents, holding on to Cleo’s hand, and said, “Thank you Mum for letting me use your broom. The Slytherin team was really down, really bad, and it helped. I’d like to introduce you to Rose’s roommate, Cleopatra Desiree Smith. Cleo, these are my parents, Harry and Ginny Potter.”

Cleo took her wand out of her skirt, waved it over Harry and Ginny, and said to Albus, “Your Dad has magic in the green and clockwise direction, and your Mum has magic in the red and anticlockwise direction. No wonder you are such a powerful Magi.” She then looked at Harry and Ginny and said, “Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Potter. I’m Cleo and Al is the most amazing and fantastic and nicest wizard I have ever met, well, I really haven’t met all that many people but he is amazing! You’re really THE Harry Potter! Oh My!”

Harry had to laugh. Cleo did speak in exclamation points. “Yes,” Harry laughed. “I’m the one and only real Harry Potter.” Harry stuck out his hand and shook Cleo’s, and said, “Glad to meet you.”

Cleo over-enthusiastically shook Harry’s hand with both of hers, saying “Oh I’m very very glad to meet you, Mr. Potter, sir, and you too, Mrs. Potter, I’m so glad to meet you.” Cleo sort of bowed or curtsied to Ginny, sort of. Cleo was not exactly graceful.

“What color and direction is Al?” asked Harry.

Cleo looked at Al, and then pensively said, “Al is sort of white, like white like a Muggle light thing that has that, what is it Al, not glass and not clear stuff over it?”

“White plastic,” Al said. “Translucent plastic.”

“I guess. Al’s color is translucent that looks like white except it isn’t because it is all the colors … No. Well, that’s not quite right but it’s close, but all the colors are right below or behind and Al can use them, well, that’s not right but it’s sort of a start, and Al has everything under control, so the colors and directions, because Al is sort of any direction he wants to be, but it’s all under control, sort of.”

While Cleo was saying this she was moving her hands all over, but very slowly and deliberately, with her fists clenched, really sort of saying “IN CONTROL” with her body.

“And Al can look at magic and even do it any clockwise, although most of it is up or down clockwise, except that really doesn’t make any sense either, except it is under control, because Al is really in control, so really the best colors and directions are really in control and not …

“Well, I’m not explaining it very well.”

“And what color and direction are you, Cleopatra?” Harry asked.

“Oh, I don’t look at myself. I’m just fat. Al, what do you see when you look at me?”

Al said, “Let me project.” He opened his mind and looked at Cleo trying to see the colors and directions like she did.”

“Oh!” said Cleo. “Am I really that out of control? I see the colors but it’s like, all over, everything, real pretty except where it clashes, and lots of family colors, and people colors, and the special music colors, and all the directions you are but …”

While she was saying this Cleo was moving her hands all over, but this time with her fingers splayed out, and just by the way she moved you could tell that Cleo was describing something wild and exciting and right at the edge of being out of control, and you were not sure which side of the “out of control” edge she was on.

Al was standing very still the whole time, looking at Cleo and focusing, as if by looking at her and staying calm he could calm her down and focus her, with a huge smile.

“Al, am I really that out of control. I know sometimes when I get real excited you need to calm me down and we can,

“YOU focus the colors. WOW! I never thought of it that way.”

Harry and Ginny looked at Cleo, and then at Al.

Al said, “I’m trying to do a better job of explaining what we are seeing, but it’s hard. We don’t have the words, the categories, to do it.”

Cleo said, “I’M LEARNING ALL THIS MAGIC, and I can do everything, but it’s ALL DIFFERENT from how we are being taught. Al is really trying to figure it out. I can’t. I just DO it.”

Harry and Ginny looked at each other, thoroughly confused.

“So what have you two been doing?” asked Ginny, trying to figure out what the relationship was between this strange creature and Albus. The way they were holding hands and touching each other was almost exactly how an old married couple would hold and touch.

Cleo rapidly began, trying very hard not to shout, “We’ve been mapping the castle, and we met Professor Hagrid, and I taught him to make good scones, I hope anyway, well edible scones. You actually ate those things he made, Mr. Potter?”

Harry and Ginny looked at each other, remembering Hagrid’s scones, and both sort of gagged.

“Oh, and we met Moaning Myrtle, and with Rose and Scorpius we’ve been studying real hard, and they all have perfect grades on all our tests, but I seem to do magic differently, so I can do everything, but I have one of the professors mad at me, and Al is the best at wand work, really fantastic, and Hogwarts is just like a dream come true, Oh Mr. and Mrs. Potter I hope you liked it here because I think it’s …” Cleo had kind of run out of words, and she looked at Harry and Ginny and Al and tried to read the emotions. She finally said in a small voice, “I said too much, didn’t I? I’m sorry.”

Cleo looked at Albus, and said quietly, “I’m trying not to bounce at people.”

“Hogwarts was the first place I ever felt really at home,” said Harry. “I’m really glad you like it here.”

Cleo kind of whispered, “I like Scorpius Malfoy as a friend, and Grandma Malfoy is a good teacher and tries to be nice. I never really felt at home in their house. But I feel RIGHT AT HOME WITH AL!

“You are a little young to have a boyfriend, Cleo,” Ginny said.

Cleo said, “Oh, YES, I’m very young to have found someone so, so, and well it’s just so much more than, but, oh Mrs. Potter you are so right. But it’s real good.”

Ginny looked at Harry, trying to figure out what Cleo meant. Albus was usually reserved, and given to understatement. This Cleo female was very different indeed! Other people were starting to crowd around, and the conversation ended there.

Meanwhile the Malfoys had found Scorpius, and he introduced Rose to his parents. Ron and Hermione came over to the group and Rose introduced Scorpius to her parents. The best way to describe the meeting was awkward. Harry and Ginny came over to the group after talking to Al and Cleo, and Rose introduced Scorpius to them as well.

Harry and Ginny ended up having dinner with a large group of parents, and did not get back home until about eight o’clock. When they finally got home and sat down Ginny looked at Harry and said, “That’s Cleopatra? Oh my!”

“Oh my indeed!” said Harry laughing. “Albus has always been so quiet and calculating. What is he doing with that wild creature?”

“If she could teach Hagrid how to cook, she’s a marvel,” Ginny replied, laughing herself. “Cleopatra and Albus, everything about how they reacted reinforces what the Tapestry implied. I ought to be terrified of the relationship, and in many ways I am. I just cannot make myself believe it is wrong.”

“I have to ask Minerva about that foursome,” Harry said. What Harry did not say is that the “lines of power” and other things he had found out from the prophets in Switzerland led him to believe that Cleo was the great granddaughter of and heir to the Pirate Witch Queen of the Caribbean, and that there was strong magic at work. And that Albus was right in the middle of it, scarily in the middle of it.

Harry was sure they were going to see a lot more of Cleopatra.

The next day Harry and Jim Shook talked about the attack.

“I wish I knew how the wizards and Dementors knew when to attack Albus,” Jim said. “They came just as Albus was climbing. Is there a spy at Hogwarts?”

“It worries me as well,” Harry said.

“There was a whole squadron of Elves that flew over from the direction of the Elves graves and monument,” Jim said. “There were Hogwarts Elves and Elves from Switzerland. At first I thought we were outnumbered, but not when the Elves came flying in to the rescue.”

“We need to talk to Minerva about this,” Harry said.


The next day Rose got a letter from her father.

Dear Rose,
I thought you knew how many bad things the Malfoy’s did during the war against Tom Riddle, Voldemort. Scorpius’ Grandfather is in prison for life for what he did, and although Uncle Harry kept Draco out of prison he has never repented. I do not see why you would become friends with such a dark family. Be very careful. He is probably trying to use you for some nasty plot.

Your loving father


Scorpius got a letter from his father

Dear Scorpius,

I would be very careful before becoming too friendly with a Weasley, especially the daughter of Hermione Granger. Even if you like her I can not see her father allowing you to become friends. Besides they are shopkeepers, and not refined wizards and witches like the Malfoys, and not the best type of person you should be associating with.

Your father


Of course both Scorpius and Rose had to share the letters. Scorpius shared what had happened with Al, and asked if he knew what to do. Al got Scorpius and Rose together, (Cleo came along, of course), and asked them what they wanted to do. Al brought the group up to McGonagall. The first thing he asked was if they were good students, and if anyone else was better than they were. Professor McGonagall did confirm that they were the best students among the Hogwarts first years. Albus then asked if they were troublemakers. She had to admit that so far they had not caused any problems. Al showed her the two letters, which made her angry.

Al then composed a letter

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Malfoy
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Potter
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Weasley,

Your children want you to know that the four of us, Scorpius Malfoy, Albus Potter, Cleopatra Smith, and Rose Weasley, are at the current time both best friends, and are among the best first years students in class. We have also managed to stay out of trouble. We know that there was bad blood between the Malfoy family and the Potter and Weasley families, but we are different. Please let us continue to be best of friends and the best of students.

If you do not believe us ask Headmistress McGonagall.
Scorpius
Albus
Rose


There was a note at the bottom of the letter showing that a copy of it was going to Headmistress McGonagall, and they showed the letter to her before sending it.

Al said, “My dad will probably calm down your dad,” looking at Rose, “and the madder your dad,” looking at Scorpius, “gets the more likely your dad,” looking at Rose, “will accept things. But better to have it blow up now than wait until seventh year.”

None of the parents answered the letter.


Shortly after the Quidditch game Harry was in Switzerland, looking at the Crystal Ball and trying to see if he could figure out anything more about Albus and Cleopatra. When he was done a reasonably large group of prophets, including a few Elf prophets, wanted Harry to describe Cleo.

Harry asked the Elves, “What do the Elves at the Malfoy Manor say about Cleo?”

One of the Elves said, “She is a very good cook. She is good with smells. She sees as much as an Elf, sometimes much more. Elves see more than Magi, most Magi see more than Muggles.”

Harry said, “Cleo examined Ginny and me, and said to Albus, “Your dad has magic in the green and clockwise direction, and your mum has magic in the red and anticlockwise direction. No wonder you are such a powerful Magi.’ What does that mean?”

One of the Elves went up to Harry and examined him with a little Elf wand. Then she said, “She has great sight. I would not have said what she said, but I think I understand.”

“What does it mean?” Harry asked.

“Do not know. Description only, no meaning,” the Elf said. She then said something in Elvish, and there was quite a discussion. Finally she said, “No way to say except in Elvish, and not easy to say even in Elvish. We need to examine the old writings.”

Harry said, “Cleo seems to be excited about everything. Albus says she talks in underlines and exclamation points, and from our brief meeting I think Albus is right. I just have not spent much time with her.”

Nausicaa Scheria asked Harry, “Could you talk to the Hogwarts teachers about her? We really need to find out more about her.”

Harry said, “I will see if I can talk to the Hogwarts teachers.”

Reviews 77
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear