Search:

SIYE Time:23:18 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Albus Potter and the Deathly Hallows
By JetLaBarge

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 77
Summary: Albus has his challenges during his first year. Cleopatra is obviously his soulmate, and has brilliant insights into magic, except she cannot do it like anyone else. Albus has to help her while keeping peace between the two brightest and most competitive students at Hogwarts, Scorpius and Rose. It doesn’t help that people are out to get Albus. Harry is not sure he can keep everyone safe. Then you have Ginny and Cleopatra.



Hitcount: Story Total: 79311; Chapter Total: 2530
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Henry Granger and Lilly Evans Granger are the subjects of my short story Tiny Tim, a Shaggy Kneazle Story, on Fanfiction.net. For my American readers, a jumper is what an American would call a sweater. Arnel had me change the way a scene was written, in addition to her usual corrections, and FriendofMolly worked her magic as well. Thanks to all my Beta readers.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Two weeks before the students were scheduled to come home from Hogwarts, before James’ accident, the Potters received a letter from Albus.

“Harry,” said Ginny, “Al wrote us a letter.” And she handed the letter to Harry.

Dear Mum and Dad,

Can I please invite Scorpius Malfoy to stay at our house between from the day after we get back from Hogwarts to the day we have to go back to school? He will go home for Christmas, but wants to spend as little time there as possible. He really does not want to go back home, although he wants to see his Grandmother Malfoy. He says this Christmas is going to be painful.

Cleo wants to spend all of her time with Rose and me. She really likes Scorpius, but it is more like Rose and me, not really a girlfriend, and she feels awkward in the Malfoy Manson. She says Hogwarts is the first real home she has ever known. We are not sure if she will be allowed to skip Christmas with the Malfoys.

Cleo really needs new clothes. She is growing, and nothing fits. The one dress she has is really ugly. She does not want Mrs. Malfoy to take her clothes shopping. Do you think you could take her to get new, pretty clothes?

Love, Al”


Harry read the letter and said, partly to Ginny partly to himself, “I guess we better find out what Scorpius is like.”

Ginny said, “Albus has written a little about Scorpius Malfoy, and they seem to get along fine. He seems like a nice young man, unlike his git of a father.”

Harry said, “I know after talking to Minerva that the four, Albus, Rose, Scorpius and Cleopatra, are the best students in their year. Minerva says that Rose and Scorpius are almost like a male and female Hermione. Al is different, but he is just as good. Cleopatra is clearly the next best student in the school, sort of. She can always do any spell you ask her to do, but she usually does it differently.”

Ginny looked at Harry, and thought a moment. “When Al first wrote about Cleopatra I had a mental picture of her, sort of a cross between a little Fleur and Luna, a little girl because Al is so small. Was I ever wrong!”

Harry thought of this largish, dark, awkward black haired girl, and gently laughed, and then said, “I assume we will spend Christmas at Potter’s New Burrow.”

“Of course,” said Ginny.

“It’s fine with me,” said Harry. He thought of all the prophecies that were swirling around Albus and Cleopatra, and the connection between the two that he was hearing about from Minerva and from the prophets, not to mention what his own research into prophesy was teaching him. It all worried him. So far Albus had not faced any dangers; well, except for the Dementor attack at the Quidditch game, none that he knew about, but Harry did not think it could last. There was some sort of incident with Hogwarts students, but Harry didn’t think it was a real attack.

Rose asked her mother if Cleo could stay with her starting over the Christmas holidays. Hermione and Ginny talked, and then Ginny wrote back to Al and said that as far as they were concerned Scorpius and Cleopatra would be welcome to’ stay.

The students arrived back in London Friday, December fifteenth. This was the first time no one was allowed to leave through the pillar between platforms nine and ten. All the Magi had to take the Floo or Apparate. The Muggle parents and students were assigned Magi families that they met at various places around Great Britain. The Muggle parents accompanied their assigned Magi family to and from the train station. The same process was going to be reversed for the trip back to Hogwarts on January second.

A dozen families came back to the group of houses surrounding the Potter home. By this time families of Magi owned most of the houses that encompassed One to Fifteen Grimmauld Place and One to Fifteen Newbright Street. Number Twelve Grimmauld Place was the home of Harry and Ginny, and Number Thirteen was the home of Ron and Hermione. Number Fourteen was a home and the offices of the Potter/Weasley Elves, a group that was larger than the Hogwarts Elves and still growing. Number Fifteen, at the end of the block, was the home of Dudley Dursey, his witch wife, and their three magical children. Twelve to fifteen Newbright Street was mostly Aurors.

Number One Grimmauld Place was the home of Henry Granger, Lilly Evans Granger, and their children. Henry owned Numbers One and Two Grimmauld Place and Numbers One and Two Newbright Street when he and Lilly married, and they were purchasing a couple of additional houses as well. As far as they knew Henry was not closely related to Hermione.

Harry kept all reporters away from the Hogwarts Express. He did not want to advertise James’ accident and scarring. He knew they would have to face the reporters sooner or later, but he was not eager to try and explain why James was so scarred. He hoped the little article Cindy put in the paper would be enough for now. Harry could not keep from thinking it was not an accident, and that James was scarred because he was Harry Potter’s son.

First Albus, and now James, were facing dangers. It was not a good feeling.

*

Scorpius brought the letters home, and went to work on his grandmother and father. He was not sure about his mother. Grandmother Narcissa Malfoy did not have any problem with it, and volunteered to take the children over. Narcissa said that she had met Molly and Ginny at Home Schooling meetings, but never mentioned that she and Molly had become friends outside of the formal Home Schooling meetings. Narcissa wanted to meet the rest of the Weasleys in their natural setting, at home with family.

Partly because his mother so strongly wanted the two children to be able to go, Draco agreed. No one mentioned it to Astoria until Sunday morning, when they were to leave. Astoria was furious, but she was frequently angry, and plans were not changed because of that. The great-grandmothers did not find out until after Narcissa, Scorpius and Cleopatra left via the Floo.

The Potters, Ron and Hermione and their children spent at least part of the summers and Christmas on the New Burrow property in a very large house that Harry had built. It was very similar to Arthur and Molly’s house. Harry and Ginny had the master bedroom next to the kitchen, and Ron and Hermione had the other master bedroom off the living room. One difference was that there was a small stairway upstairs on both sides of the house so the parents could get to their children quickly, in addition to the imposing central staircase. All of the growing extended family had rooms in either the original New Burrow or the almost mirror image Potters New Burrow.

Scorpius and Cleo came over on Sunday, early in the morning, along with Narcissa Malfoy. About eight thirty, they came in via the Floo Network, and walked into the Potter’s New Burrow kitchen. Ginny greeted Narcissa warmly; she had met her at some of the Home Schooling meetings along with other parents and grandparents who were home schooling children and grandchildren, and could see how she sincerely wanted to do a good job with her grandson. Narcissa had not mention Cleo at these meetings; having to teach Cleo as well, and having her forced on the Malfoy household, had been very awkward.

Scorpius was wearing a shirt and tie, the tie in Slytherin colors, pressed trousers, an obviously expensive store bought jumper, and brand new trainers. Rose was wearing a pastel dress appropriate to her age, with contrasting leggings. The shoes, earrings and hairband all matched, and went with the dress. She and Scorpius obviously knew how to dress, and look like they could have come out of the pages of Muggle magazines Seventeen or Shout, or the European equivalent for the young witch, Switch

Albus was wearing his usual casual jeans and shirt, and his trainers were nothing special. And Cleo was wearing the same ugly dress that was the only thing she owned that even remotely fit, outside of the Hogwarts uniforms, having grown out of everything else, and really having grown out of that dress as well.

Cleo sort of brushed herself off, tried to adjust the dress three different ways, none of which helped at all, pushed back her unruly hair, and said, “Mrs. Potter, Rose thought you could, please, help me buy some new clothes.”

Rose said to her aunt, “Do you think we could go shopping, maybe tomorrow, Aunt Ginny?”

Ginny looked at Narcissa, dressed in a typical upper class robe. Narcissa obviously had no idea how to shop for Muggle clothes for Cleopatra, or had not dared to go to the right magical stores. Cleo was a disaster, head to toe. Ginny said, “I think shopping for new outfits for Cleo first thing tomorrow is a good idea. Do you want to come with us, Rose?”

“Yes, please, Aunt Ginny,” Rose said.

Ron was just coming into the kitchen. He had been told that Rose had invited a girl over, but no one quite knew how to tell Ron that Scorpius Malfoy was coming, and he had not been told. This was a mistake. As soon as Ron saw Narcissa and Scorpius he said “Malfoy?”

Al went up to his uncle and said, “Uncle Ron, Scorpius and I are room mates. We both are really good at school, as good as Rose and she is just the best, and have not had any infractions or other problems so far this year. Besides, he is determined to be different than his grandfather, and even his father, and do good. Please give him a chance!”

Ron looked over to Rose and Cleo, then over to Scorpius. “Who is friends with who?” said Ron with a scowl on his face.

Al said, “Everybody is friends with everybody, Uncle Ron! We are the best students in our year! Rose is the smartest person at Hogwarts, certainly among the first years, and maybe in the school, just like Aunt Hermione, but Scorpius and I are as good in school, and Cleo is almost as good, better than anyone but Rose and Scorpius. We all study together, and we all are excellent students! Please give us a break.”

Harry said, “The three of us have welcomed them into our home. I think you should as well.”

Ron said, “Welcome. Sorry, I was just surprised.” He went over and shook Scorpius’ hand, and said welcome to Cleo who sort of squeaked back a shy, “Hi, Mr. Weasley.”

Al and Rose took Scorpius and Cleopatra over to the New Burrow meet their grandparents. Molly gave Scorpius a great big hug, saying, “Good to meet you, Scorpius. Rose has been telling us about you, and your grandmother has been talking about you for years.”

Scorpius let himself be hugged, and said in return, “Rose and Al have said so much about you. It is very good to meet you, too …” Scorpius was searching for what to call Molly.

“You can call me Grandmum Weasley,” said Molly. “A number of the grandchildren’s friends call me Grandmum Weasley.”

“Grandmum Weasley,” said Scorpius. “That’s nice.”

Molly then hugged Cleo.

Cleo grabbed onto Molly like her life depended on it, and began to cry. Cleo said, “It feels so good to be hugged by you, Grandmum Weasley. I don’t know how I know, because my memory was wiped when I was brought to the Malfoy house, but I just feel like my mother was busty, and being pulled into you just reminds me of being hugged by my mother.”

Molly looked at Narcissa. It looked to Molly like Narcissa was trying to agree with Cleo, but something was blocking her from talking about it. Molly sort of nodded to Narcissa, and then said to Cleo, “You are probably right. That sort of memory can last even though someone tried to wipe all of your memory.”

Narcissa smiled, and Molly knew that somehow she and Narcissa had confirmed a little bit of Cleo’s lost memory of her mother.

Cleo hugged Molly again, saying, “Al told me about your wonderful hugs and how you are such a loving person and thank you!” The two of them hugged a little longer, and when Molly released her, Cleo looked around and said, “I love this family! Oh Al, Rose, you are so so lucky! Thank you, Grandmum Weasley!”

Cleo had the biggest smile on her face, like she had just won the biggest award anyone could give. Molly looked at Cleo and then back at Rose and Al. Rose just shrugged, but Al had a big smile on his face and mouthed silently, “That’s Cleo,” sort of shaking his head.

Al then thought ‘Tigger’ to Cleo, and she thought back, ‘I’ll try not to bounce at people.’

Molly had to smile. She thought that her son-in-law Harry always had to be in control, but her Ginny, once in a while she was out of control. Al was more in control of his emotions than even his father. Sometimes Al was so in control he did not seem human. And here Al had brought into the family … there was no question that Cleo was Al’s girlfriend, as young as they were, and despite the fact that she was staying with Rose … Al had this almost out of control exuberant delightful girl, almost as dark as George and Angelina’s children, and significantly bigger than Al was. Life had been very good since the war, and was always interesting. Cleo was going to make it even more interesting, and probably a great more delightful as well.

Cleo luxuriated in Molly Weasley’s hug, wiggled her body tight between Molly’s ample bosom, and, thinking about her growing breasts, thought, ‘That’s another thing a big bosom is for, surrounding people you love with hugs.’ The very excess of Molly’s femininity somehow struck Cleo as a really good thing. Cleo was never going to be small, so she might as well be curvy, motherly, a LOTS OF FEMALE type person.

“I love the smell of your kitchen, Grandmum Weasley,” said Cleo. “I love to cook, I love smells. This smells like a HOME.” Cleo took another big sniff with her huge nose and smiled. Molly asked the people that were standing around what they wanted to drink. Cleo gravitated over to help, talking to Molly and asking questions about cooking and the family.

Ginny took Narcissa over to the New Burrow shortly after the children left, and the other adults followed. When Ginny and Narcissa walked into the kitchen Molly went over to Narcissa and gave her a huge hug. “Welcome to my home,” Molly said. “Harry paid for this fantastic house, to replace the one lost in the war.”

Andromeda saw Narcissa come in, and went over to her and gave her a big hug. “Welcome to my world,” Andromeda said. “I have a little flat here, and if the chaos gets to you we can escape to my sitting room.”

Narcissa looked at all the people who were coming into the kitchen, and said, “It is not exactly the deathly quiet decorum of the Black or Malfoy households.”

As family members came into the big kitchen and dining area Al introduced Cleo and Scorpius to each of his Aunts and Uncles. Rose frequently had something to add, some additional bit of information about the family or person.

Shortly after nine thirty everyone was there, and everybody sat down to a large breakfast. Cleo knew who everyone was, and as she ate she looked at every family. She was aware of her ugly dress, but also of her large hips and thighs, and thought she was sort of ugly. All these people were well dressed, and other than the scars looked so good, so put together. She started going through each family member in her head.

Uncle Bill had a very scarred face, but other than that he was typical Weasley, red hair and freckles. His clothes were obviously expensive, and he carried himself as one who is used to be in command and respected. Aunt Fleur was, just from her looks, the perfect trophy wife. She had blue eyes, long silver blond hair that could blow around and never look like a hair was out of place. She was big enough on top, with a narrow waist, and beautiful hips, almost certainly some people’s idea of an ideal feminine figure. It would be easy to hate someone that perfect, except Al had told her about all the charity work his Aunt Fleur did for the Harry and Ginny Potter Foundation, and all the other really good things about her.

Dominique, who was just back from Beauxbatons, was the same height as her mother, and looked like a thinner clone, with nice breasts that were at least a full size smaller, although not too small, a tiny waist, and more modest hips. Dominique’s hair and eyes were identical to Fleur’s. Both Fleur and her daughter glided into a room, walking and moving like ballet dancers. Louis was the same height as his father, but had his mother’s hair and eyes. He had a body that was thin but not skinny, and looked like what you could imagine a male Veela would look like. Cleo knew many girls thought Louis Weasley was the most eligible bachelor at Hogwarts, and almost certainly the best looking.

Then you had Victoire, the same height as her mother and sister, but all Weasley. She had long red hair, freckles, and she did not glide into a room. Dominique was a size thinner Fleur, but Victoire was larger than a size larger Fleur, with breasts large enough to be busty, and hips that were substantial enough to make her bottom heavy despite her large bust. She looked like what Grandmother Weasley must have looked like before she had children, except taller.

Cleo knew that Victoire and Teddy Lupin were, as they put it, ‘engaged to be engaged.’ Teddy wanted to prove himself in the International Aurors for a couple of years before settling down, and if you were married or engaged you did not get the dangerous assignments. Getting a dangerous undercover assignment worried Victoire, Andromeda, Harry, and almost anyone else who knew about it, but Teddy felt he had to prove himself.

Teddy’s grandmother Andromeda was also there, a strikingly good looking older woman.

Uncle Charlie, or what was left of him, was the next oldest. You really couldn’t say he was good looking. The dragon that killed his partner had taken both legs and his bottom up to his waist, and his right arm and much of his face. He was in a wheelchair that was some combination of a Muggle electric chair with lots of magical enhancements. He had a full time nurse, Caroline Fawcett, another good looking older woman, and an adopted daughter, Ivana Romanoff. When Ivana’s parents were killed by a dragon Ivana’s Uncle Stribog Romanoff and his partner Charlie adopted her, so when Stribog was killed and Charlie was hurt Ivana came to live with the Weasleys’.

Ivana was a year younger than Albus, and would be going to Hogwarts next year. She looked like she could be related to Russian royalty.

Uncle Percy and Aunt Audrey were the only ones dressed in conventional robes. Percy looked like a clone of his father, including the bald spot in the middle of his red hair. Molly and Lucy were thin, good looking girls, about the same shape as Dominique, although not so exotically beautiful, and although you could not tell what type of figure a woman had under her robes, it looked like Audrey may have been shaped like her daughters.

Cleopatra gave a silent sigh. To her, everybody else was good looking, and she was this fat, awkward ugly thing.

The only thing strange about Uncle George was his missing ear. Well, everything was sort of strange with Uncle George, but his looks were all Weasley. His wife, Aunt Angelina, at least had HIPS, big substantial hips as big around as Victoire’s. Aunt Angelina was as tall as Uncle George.

Their oldest, Fred, had been spending summers in Africa learning magic there. At spring break his last year Fred went over to the tribe where he was learning magic, and arranged to go to school there in the summer. Fred also managed to get his steady girlfriend, Miriam, pregnant. They were in the New Burrow for breakfast, Fred taller than his parents, and looking like a cross between them. Miriam was a tiny girl, no bigger than Albus’ mum, which meant that her baby bump was a small mountain on her small frame. All four were wearing the Weasley Wizard Wheezes uniform, and would be going to the store after breakfast.

Uncle George and Aunt Angelina’s daughter, Roxanne, was not going to be going to the shop. She was at breakfast with Frank Longbottom II, the son of Professor Longbottom. Neither family was happy that they had become a couple so early. Roxanne was only sixteen, and in sixth year. Frank was eighteen, and training to be an Auror, and Roxanne was planning on being an Auror as well. They both loved plants, and when the time was right they were going to quit the Aurors to become full time farmers. No one would be surprised if Frank II ended up teaching Herbology.

The families had decided, Cleo knew, to allow Frank II and Roxanne to become formally engaged on her seventeenth birthday, June first, or as soon as they arrived home from Hogwarts, depending on when it could be arranged. They were not going to be allowed to sleep together at Hogwarts, but once they were engaged they would be sharing a bed when Roxanne was out of school.

Cleo doubted if Roxanne was a virgin; she had a good supply of birth control potions. The whole situation was, Cleo knew, a difficult one for Professor Longbottom, made even more difficult because it was common knowledge that the Professor and his wife Hannah were not married when Frank was conceived.

Mrs. Potter was very short, and maybe a little heavy, but Cleo thought she was still very good looking. Mr. Potter was short for a man, but Cleo thought he was very good looking, and Albus looked like he might be a clone of his father, without the lightning shaped scar. James Potter and his sister Lily Luna were Weasleys, red hair, freckles and all. James did have scars on his face and one arm, but other than that he was good looking, and well dressed.

Uncle Ron was the tallest, with red hair and the start of a bald spot. He also had on Weasley Wizard Wheezes robes, since he was a partner in the shop. Aunt Hermione was in what had become her uniform of sorts, a very feminine suit, a blouse that was feminine and at the same time businesslike, trousers that showed she was female, and didn’t hide too much that she was thicker around the bottom than when she was a student. She usually had an unconstructed jacket on or had one available. Cleo thought her breasts were already as big as Aunt Hermione’s.

Hugo looked like a cross between Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione.

All these people, and except for scars, all better looking than her, Cleo thought.

After breakfast Molly asked Narcissa, “How do you like our family Sunday breakfasts?”

“I’m just so thrilled to meet all the people you have been talking about,” Narcissa replied. “I will have to admit that it is every bit as confusing in person as when you have told me about it.”

Narcissa turned to Ginny and said, “Your dear mother and I have been meeting since shortly after the Battle of Hogwarts. None of the Death Eater wives or most of the pure bloods would have anything to do with me, nor would the people hurt by my husband and Voldemort, but your mum did. I am so grateful. I wanted to keep the meetings secret, and now I’m not even sure why. No sense in keeping it secret anymore.”
Reviews 77
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear