Search:

SIYE Time:8:50 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Albus Potter and the Deathly Hallows
By JetLaBarge

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 77
Summary: Albus has his challenges during his first year. Cleopatra is obviously his soulmate, and has brilliant insights into magic, except she cannot do it like anyone else. Albus has to help her while keeping peace between the two brightest and most competitive students at Hogwarts, Scorpius and Rose. It doesn’t help that people are out to get Albus. Harry is not sure he can keep everyone safe. Then you have Ginny and Cleopatra.



Hitcount: Story Total: 79037; Chapter Total: 2490
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
More changes by both FriendofMolly and Arnel, my excellent Beta readers. Cleo meets Luna, and tries playing a little Quidditch.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The next day the weather was not much better. Rose and Scorpius were engaged in a discussion about the history of magic and certain spells, and they were going back and forth from the library at the New Burrow to the library at twelve Grimmauld Place to Rose’s house next door at thirteen Grimmauld Place, with books in both a large library and in the upstairs office, looking up stuff. Ron was back working at Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, so he did not notice that Rose and Scorpius were spending time together without Al and Cleo. Right before and after Christmas were some of the busiest times of the year at the shop, and Ron was usually over there helping.

Al and Cleo were in the kitchen talking to Ginny about scents, and Ginny told them that she would take both of them to a scent shop in Diagon Alley where they could buy the beginning shampoo scent making kits. Al was both fascinated by the conversation between his mother and Cleo, and very proud of Cleo’s new skill. Cleo really was good at practical magic, wand work, and potions. If she had less book knowledge she had all the right instincts, and more than anything she needed self-confidence and the assurance that she was loved. Al was becoming an expert in reassuring Cleo on both fronts, and to Ginny’s amazement she was as well.

Ginny, Al, and Cleo went to Diagon Alley together, and when they walked out of the scent shop with six packages of women and men’s scent and shampoo making supplies Ginny was again amazed at Al’s negotiating skills. She had every intention of buying just the Beginners Scent Making Kit for Young Girls, and instead had purchased enough supplies, spells, and books to allow someone to set up a rather sophisticated shampoo and perfume business. The frustrating thing was that Al could do this and make you glad you did it. How in the world had Al talked her out of her Firebolt?! Well, she had not flown since she had been hurt all those years ago, but she had never really given up thinking that maybe someday she would fly again.

Thank goodness Harry never really cared about how much money she spent, because all these scent and shampoo making supplies was more expensive than all the children’s Christmas presents together, for the last two or three years! For someone she hardly knew, Al’s little girlfriend. And she was happy she did it! Well, Cleo wasn’t that little, thought Ginny. She’s taller than I am, and heavier, Ginny thought.

Ginny sent Al home with all the scent-making supplies and took Cleo shopping for “girl stuff.” After Al was gone, Ginny went into Weasley’s Wizard Wheeze’s and borrowed George’s private office for a chat with Cleo.

Ginny said, “I really did not want to talk about private, feminine things with Albus around, Cleo. He doesn’t need to be part of a discussion on feminine undergarments and such.”

Cleo nodded her acceptance.

“You are developing, and are big enough on top that we need to get you bras,” Ginny said. “I do not know how big you are going to get, but there is a shop, Mother Minerva’s, that has a good foundations department. We need to start there. Is that all right with you, Cleo?”

“Yes, Mrs. Potter,” Cleo said.

“We will get Rose and Lily Luna after we have your undergarments,” Ginny said. “I know both of them want to go clothes shopping with you.”

“I know Rose wants to help me find nicer clothes,” Cleo said. “I will do anything you say. I am so grateful for your help.”

“Do you have any more questions about the changes your body is going through?” Ginny asked.

“Rose is full of facts, and she gave us, Scorpius and me, a rather thorough lesson on sex, and the differences between boys and girls, but it was all sort of academic,” Cleo said. “She cannot imagine actually doing what you do to make babies, because it seems private and maybe not very sanitary. I think maybe it is because she is still not started to develop.

“I would like it if I could talk to you. I don’t know why, but I’ve never been able to talk about my body changing with Mrs. Malfoy. She really tries, but there are some personal things we just cannot seem to talk about. After I had my first period she sent me a BOOK. Life isn’t just facts.”

“Feel free to talk to me at any time,” Ginny said. “When you are back at Hogwarts you can write to me, and if it is important I can even go to Hogwarts to talk to you.”

“I miss my mother,” Cleo said, the tears starting to come. “I do not know why I cannot talk to Mrs. Malfoy, except, even after she started to kiss me good night, and I call her Grandmum Malfoy, but there is a reserve about her, and she is still Mrs. Malfoy and not, oh, I don’t know, my mother. What is wrong with me?” By this time the tears were just pouring out. “I need a MOTHER to talk to.”

“I know I cannot take the place of your mother, but I will do the best I can,” Ginny said. “You could call me Mum Potter, if that would help.”

“Mum Potter?” Cleo said, and she got sort of a smile, although the tears were still coming. “Mum Potter, I like that. I NEED that. Thank you.”

Cleo nodded, and hugged Ginny, and eventually got control of her emotions.

Ginny thought she sort of knew what her mother felt like after The Battle of Hogwarts, when so many things changed so quickly, she and Harry getting engaged within a couple of weeks and married on her seventeenth birthday, Angelina sleeping with George and then getting pregnant that summer, the Burrow being destroyed and then building the big New Burrow with Harry paying for it, among all the other changes. It had been too much too fast.

Cleo had worked her way into Ginny’s heart as thoroughly as any of her biological children, and she was going to have to be Mum to this complicated soulmate of her son. It didn’t matter that she was totally unprepared for this challenge; she was going to be Mum to Cleo.

Cleo looked at Mother Minerva. She was old, and her face showed it. She was also close to being as big around on the bottom as Molly Weasley, and significantly bigger around on top than Molly or any other witch that was not really obese she had ever seen.

Ginny said, “Mother Minerva, I am taking over helping a family friend, Cleopatra, with clothes shopping. She is developing, and the first thing we need is some good bras that will grow with her.”

“Let’s go into a private cubicle so I can examine you, young lady,” Mother Minerva said. Once they were in the room she did a number of spells, some that seemed to be looking at all of her, others that concentrated on her bust or her hips. Finally she brought out a rather plain white bra. “You are already a rather full A, young lady,” she said, “but if my examination is correct you are going to get a lot bigger in a hurry. This bra will grow four more sizes, although once you are three sizes bigger I really want you back in here. We can do a lot with bras that expand, but not that much.”

Cleo had the biggest smile on her face, and she said, “I’m really going to get THAT BIG? How am I going to look if I get all four sizes bigger?”

Mother Minerva said a spell, and the bra expanded to its maximum size. It had become a rather large contraption.

Cleo wiggled back and forth, and touched the far reaches of the bra. “It’s like Grandmum Weasley, like a MOTHER, like a big, comfortable, you can get lost in the comfort of that bosom, super motherly FEMALE shape.

“I do not know why. Maybe it is because my mother is curvy, or something. I do not really remember my mother, but any female who is big on top just makes me think of mothers. I always associated love with being big and maybe sort of fat but curvy and motherly on top and on bottom.”

“I can get you bras that minimize how big you are on top,” Mother Minerva said.

“Why?” asked Cleo. “Boys are going to look at my fat body anyway, and I’d rather look like a female, motherly, sort of person than just a fat one.”

Ginny thought that boys would probably not think of babies if Cleo was going to get that big around on top, maybe doing what makes babies, but not the nine month later result. At least Cleo seemed to be happy with her expanding shape.

Mother Minerva shrunk the bra back to its original shape.

“Will you please do that again?” asked Cleo. Mother Minerva expanded and shrunk the bra again, and then Cleo did it.

“It’s like a charm, sort of a power spell instead of a transformation spell,” Cleo said. “The fabric is there, just hidden.”

“That’s right,” Mother Minerva said. “You need enough fabric for the article of clothing at its maximum size or there can be problems. You should have five of these bras.

“Some clothes show a little more chest, so you should have a bra that doesn’t cover quite so much.” She brought out a bra that covered the bottom half and more of Cleo, but showed some bust and cleavage.

“Oh, I like that!” Cleo said. She chose two of those bras, one nicely padded, and a very thin one that really didn’t hide much of anything. Cleo expanded and shrunk those as well.

They also purchased a week’s worth of knickers, shaped to her very large hips and thighs, but also shaped for her reasonably narrow waist, and another five for when she had her period, all that would expand as her hips grew.

“My hips are going to get THAT big?” Cleo asked.

Mother Minerva said, “You are always going to be several inches bigger around your hips than your bust.”

Mother Minerva told Ginny how to shop for clothes, and that the bust and hip of everything should be purchased too big and shrunk down with spells that would allow the article of clothing to grow back as Cleo grew and changed.

When they were done Mother Minerva said, “Mrs. Potter you are going to need new undergarments too. Congratulations on your pregnancy.”

“I am getting really big really fast,” Ginny said. “I will see you first thing tomorrow.”

They took the Floo back to Potter’s New Burrow to pick up Rose and Lily Luna then went to Missy Malkin’s Modern Muggle Clothing. Ginny had the analysis from Mother Minerva showing how Cleo’s shape was going to develop, which was good. Almost all of the clothes in the shop could be purchased so they would change shape as you changed shape, but knowing how you would change made finding clothes, and doing the right spells, easier.

“I want a dress that shows I’m a girl, not a BLOB,” Cleo said.

Ginny had to admit that the one dress from Fanny’s Fat Fashions did sort of make Cleo look like a blob. They started with a dress. Rose and Lily tried to pick out clothes and colours that were fashionable, and Cleo mostly went along with them. She insisted on a wand pocket and two other practical pockets for the dress, however, something that made the dress practical, but much less fashionable.

As Cleo was looking at the dresses she said, “You can tell where there is extra hidden fabric. The colour of the dress is different.”

“It doesn’t look any different to me.” Rose said. “Look at yourself in the mirror.”

Cleo went over to a triple mirror and looked at herself. She looked at the dress she was wearing. Then, puzzled, she said, “I cannot see the hidden parts of the dress, the other colours, in the mirror. When I look directly at the dress I can see where all the hidden fabric is.” This phenomena was true for all the clothes; the areas that could expand looked different to Cleo, but only Cleo, when she looked at them directly, but not when she looked at them through a mirror.

They bought a couple of skirts that were fitted enough around Cleo’s waist that they emphasized her hourglass shape. They were not exactly what you would see in the fashion magazines, but Rose thought they would do. Cleo looked pleased, and then said, “We just need to add the pockets.”

“Pockets are going to ruin the style!” Rose said.

“Pockets are practical,” Cleo said. “I NEED pockets.”

Rose and the sales witch fussed with the placement of the pockets until Rose was resigned to their placement. Cleo wore one of the skirt and blouse outfits while they finished shopping.

They purchased four blouses, a couple that would be good for play or work, and couple more that were more for occasions where you would not get dirty, all of them fitted and with extra fabric and spells to grow with her.

Everything started out fashionable, but they all ended up with practical pockets, and ended up looking just a little more motherly or big sisterly and less fashionable.

Rose insisted on accessories for the dresses and blouses, shoes that matched, a couple of jumpers that could be used for more than one outfit if the weather was cold, and one jumper that looked good worn with a Hogwarts uniforms.

Girls could wear trousers or a skirt for a Hogwarts uniform, but Cleo wanted all full skirts to hide her thighs. Rose did help her Aunt Ginny and Cleo pick out a couple of leggings to go under the skirts for modesty or colder weather. Of course Cleo’s Hogwarts skirts had practical pockets.

“You need a good pair of trousers too,” Ginny said.

“They all have these fat waistlines, and are ugly, baggy things,” Cleo said.

“I have a couple of pair you might like,” the saleslady said. She showed them a pair of jeans that were snug around her waist, and sort of held in the top of her hips. They shaped the bottom of the bum, giving her a nice feminine rounded rear.

Cleo modelled the jeans. “Do you think the boys will like that bottom, Mrs. Potter?” the sales lady asked.

“I think they will,” Rose said.

“Albus likes my shape,” Cleo said. “That’s all that really matters.” But she looked at the shaping of her bum, the rounded part down there, and giggled. She wiggled her butt. She wasn’t a little girl; it felt good.

They ended up with two similar trousers, one in blue denim, and another in a softer beige fabric. Both had feminine detailing on them, which please all the girls, and practical pockets.

Finally Cleo spotted a white cotton dress with red roses on it. It had a square neckline front and back, low cut enough that she had to wear one of the low cut bras. They altered it so it was tight until it came to her waist, and then flared out with plenty of fabric so it was comfortable to walk or run in. The back stayed tight until it just rounded Cleo’s bum before it too flared out.

Cleo and the sales lady fussed with the flowers, altering the dress in a way that could only be done with magic, until the profusion of green stems and leaves and red roses somehow emphasized the rather large and feminine personality that was Cleo. The dress also had a wand pocket and two other reasonably substantial pockets, utterly destroying any pretence to sophistication that the dress might convey.

While Cleo was admiring the dress in the triple mirror, Rose turned to her aunt and said, “Are the leaves and roses as erotic as I think they are?”

Ginny said, “Yes, somehow it is erotic, a fertile eroticism. Is it as dowdy as I think it is? It looks more like your grandmother than you.”

Rose said, “How can she do that? The problem is that the dress is all Cleopatra, sexy and awkward and not what you would call pretty, all at the same time.”

“You have done your best, Rose,” Ginny said. “That’s Cleo.”

Rose looked at her Aunt Ginny in despair, and said, “I tried.”

Finally, Lily Luna said, “Are Rose and I going to get anything?”

“Not today,” Ginny said.

Lily pouted a little, but kept silent.

Shopping had taken all morning, and Ginny and the girls had a late, light lunch.

Finally, they went to the shop in Diagon Alley owned by Cover Witch Cosmetics, to see if they could do something about Cleo’s hair. The hair stylist that worked on the type of hair typical of black women looked at Cleo’s hair, and did a couple of spells.

They spent a lot of time trying out different hair styles, finally settling on two big plaits. They were not the most stylish way to wear your hair, but somehow they seemed to fit Cleo, who was never going to be stylish the same way Rose (and Scorpius) were going to be stylish. Besides, the plaits did control Cleo’s unruly hair.

The girls returned home in the middle of the afternoon. Cleo wore one of the blouse and skirt outfits. When she came through the Floo Albus met them, and said, “Thank you, Mum, for taking Cleopatra shopping. That looks a lot nicer than the ugly dress.

“You look really pretty, Cleo.”

“The clothes are a lot nicer,” Cleo said. “They hide my fat body.”

Rose said, “You are curvy, and you have big hips, but you are not fat, Cleo.”

“I’m big,” said Cleo.

“I’m short, and so is Harry,” said Ginny. “Uncle Ron is tall, and Aunt Angelina is bigger than Uncle George. There is nothing wrong with being big, or small.”

“The clothes are a lot nicer,” said Cleo. “I don’t feel so UGLY any more. I may not be real pretty, but at least with these clothes I’m not an ugly blob.”

“The dress really was ugly, Cleo,” Ginny said, “but you never were.”

Rose said, “Cleo has two dresses, two skirts, four blouses, three Hogwarts uniforms with skirts and leggings, three jumpers, and two trousers. We bought six pairs of shoes so she has shoes that match no matter what outfit she is wearing or what she is doing. She also has an anorak jacket for winter, a spring coat and a couple of hats. Come up to my room and let us put the clothes away, Cleo. Maybe we can find some of the girl cousins and have a little fashion show.”

Ginny thought Rose was certainly not like her mother. Hermione could dress appropriately for any occasion, but she did not enjoy clothes shopping like Rose did, and Hermione was very glad that Ginny and Lily took Rose shopping with them.

As they were leaving Cleopatra thought to Al, Rose didn’t mention the bras or the new knickers.

Al tried to keep his face neutral. You should not mention “unmentionables” with males around, but the normal rules did not seem to apply between him and Cleo.

All of the girl cousins eventually found their way to Rose’s bedroom at Potters New Burrow, and complimented Cleo on her new clothes. They talked Cleo into wearing one of the dresses down to dinner that afternoon, the white one with the lowest neckline, with the wispy bra on underneath.

All the cousins left the room, but Cleo stood in front of the mirror, looking rather overwhelmed. Rose asked, “Cleo, what is the matter. You look nice in that dress.”

“I do?” asked Cleo. “I know about music, and I sort of know magic, but I’ve never had to think about clothing, and what went with what. Two summers ago Grandmother Malfoy and I went to Fanny’s Fat Fashions to buy the first Muggle clothes I ever wore, at least that I remember wearing. Robes all cover a lot more of you, and there are not so many variations. And then I grew out of everything, and I had to find more clothes, but everything was ugly.

“Boys wear trousers and shirts, and maybe a jumper. They do not wear skirts, but girls have to decide if they want trousers or skirts or a dress. How do girls remember all this? There must be a hundred different necklines, some that show a lot, and some that don’t show anything. This dress has three quarter sleeves, but there are full sleeves and short sleeves and sleeveless dresses and blouses. I’ve seen Al with trainers, and one pair of black shoes. I have six pairs already, and I think, how many shoes do you have?”

“I only have twelve pair, but my feet are still growing,” Rose said. “I think Aunt Fleur has fifty or a hundred pairs, but maybe she just changes the colours of fewer pairs. Everything she wears matches.”

“Am I supposed to try and look like Aunt Fleur?” asked Cleo in horror.

“No one can look like Aunt Fleur, except maybe Dominique,” Rose said. “Victoire looks more like Grandmum than she does like her own mother, and I think you are going to look more like Victoire. Come on down with me. We are having another big family dinner, before people go off to their own Christmas Eve things. Uncle Bill and Aunt Fleur always go to France for a few days before Christmas. I know Roxanne tries to spend some time with Frank Longbottom’s family.”

“Professor Longbottom?” asked Cleo.

“He’s Uncle Neville here,” Rose said. “Just NEVER call him Uncle Neville at Hogwarts.”

Cleo looked at the dress again. It was striking, a tightly woven white cotton, with a neckline that showed the start of breasts. The detailing around the bust highlighted her shape. The dress was tight on her until it reached her natural waist, and then flared out gently, ending well below her knees. Cleo knew they called the skirt part three quarters long. The roses on the dress were, Cleo knew, rather overdone, but when they were done Rose, Lily, Mrs. Potter and the saleslady all agreed they fit her personality and shape. Cleo’s dark skin contrasted with the white dress beautifully. Most women could not wear a dress quite that colourful, but it looked natural on Cleo.

All the shoes at the Malfoy house were heavy leather things; Cleo went barefoot in her room as much as she could. She had little slippers that went with the dress, exposing the tops of her feet. You could just see her nipples through the lightweight bra and fabric, and although Cleo was very happy to be female, this felt a little exposed as well. Everything about the dress was too much, and at the same time just right. It was her! She just was not sure she was ready to be herself like this.

Cleo tromped downstairs, Rose daintily walking beside her, Cleo very conscious of all the skin she was showing. When they were downstairs Cleo noticed that Albus had leather shoes and pressed trousers on, and a newer, prettier shirt. He went over to Cleo, obviously looked at all of her, and said, “Now that is a pretty dress. You look very nice, Cleo.”

“Thank you,” Cleo said. She looked around the room, very aware of not being as covered up as she usually was.

Victoire came over to see Cleo, hauling Teddy Lupin along. Victoire said, “Teddy, this is Cleopatra Smith, the girl I have been talking about.”

Teddy said, “Pleased to meet you, Cleopatra.” He looked at her, and she felt looked at. If she was a little embarrassed to be showing skin, she at least didn’t have the big valley Victoire showed between her ample bosoms.

Cleo said, “I am glad to meet you too, Teddy.” They made a little small talk.

Roxanne came over with Frank Longbottom, and said, “Cleo, this is Professor Longbottom’s oldest, Frank. He is studying to be an Auror.”

Cleo was not sure if she was expected to shake hands, but nobody offered. She said, “Good to meet you, Mr. Longbottom.”

“I’m just Frank in this setting,” Frank Longbottom said. “Roxanne and I are going over to the Longbottom Mansion tomorrow. Dad has living quarters at Hogwarts, and Mum has some room for us in the owner’s quarters at the Leaky Cauldron, but we were mostly raised at Longbottom Mansion.”

Cleo noticed that Roxanne and Frank were holding hands. Roxanne had a dress on that showed at least as much skin as Cleo’s dress, and that made her feel a little better.

Dominique came floating over, wearing a sleeveless, tight fitting silvery dress that showed a lot more skin. Cleo thought that the skirt came at least halfway up her thin thighs, was tight around her tiny waist, and Dominique’s neckline was significantly lower cut than the one on her dress. It made Cleo feel a little less exposed.

By the end of the day Cleopatra was feeling much more comfortable in the white dress.

That night the four students went over to the Potions Room at Twelve Grimmauld Place. The Potions Room was under the kitchen, and was one of the nicest and best equipped private Potions Rooms in Britain. They started making shampoo, and ended up with about a dozen different shampoos for the rest of the cousins to try.

Tuesday morning, the Nineteenth of December, Ginny went over to Mother Minerva’s. Mother Minerva did her usual analysis of Ginny, and then asked, “Is there any reason why you are getting so much bigger so much sooner in your pregnancy?”

Ginny was a little embarrassed, but she said, “I am taking this American potion that should make you a little bigger on top after you are through nursing.”

Mother Minerva scowled, and said, “May I see the potion, please.”

Ginny said, “I will go home and bring back the two bottles I have left.” A short time later she was back.

Mother Minerva looked at the bottles carefully, and then asked, “Have you taken any of these yet?”

“Two bottles,” Ginny said.

“Merlin’s messes, Ginny, do not take any more,” Mother Minerva said. “Witches in my profession have been hearing about these potions. In a witch with very little breast tissue four bottles can add a size or two, but with your heritage and your body type you should gain two additional sizes per bottle, and retain one size per bottle when you are done nursing.”

“It said that results were not guaranteed, but I thought that maybe I would not add too much,” Ginny said. “What do I do now? I do not want to become too big on top.”

“Nothing,” Mother Minerva said. “You have always tried to do more, be more, than most witches. You have been at times too successful at it. I would just enjoy being bigger, but I really do not think you want to become as big around as me.”

“Thank you for warning me about the potions,” Ginny said, concerned that she was going to get real busty, and relieved that Mother Minerva caught her before she became just overwhelmingly huge. They spent more time fitting Ginny for the bras and knickers she was going to need as her pregnancy progressed, and for nursing.


On Tuesday, the four friends went into the living room of Potter’s New Burrow. Sitting on a sofa was a small, thin lady with very blond hair. She had sandals on, and each toenail and fingernail was painted a different colour. There were wild patterns on her skirt, but Cleo could tell that each colour in the skirt was also on one of her nails, and Cleo knew that the colours were nowhere near as random as they appeared at first.

“Hi, Aunt Luna,” Albus said. “Where is Uncle Rolf?”

“Off to New York and Hong Kong to make sure we have advanced sales for the new edition of Magical Creatures,” Luna said. “I’m going to be staying here a few days.”

“Aunt Luna, this is Cleopatra. She is in my class at school, and rooms with Rose. And this is my roommate, Scorpius.”

“Hello, Cleopatra, Scorpius,” Luna said.

“Are those yours?” Cleo asked, looking at one very blond and one very dark toddler. It was hard to tell the sex from the clothing Luna had on the children.

“My sons Lorcan and Lysander,” Luna said.

Just then one of the twins said, “Mum, need milk.”

The other one repeated his brother, saying, “Mum, need milk.”

“Climb up, boys,” Luna said. “Mum will give you a little milk.” Luna opened her blouse. She was not wearing a bra, but she was small enough she really did not need to. Luna made no effort to be modest, but just let her boys latch on. She then sat back with a big smile.

Cleo looked. She thought she was as big as Luna already. She could nurse a baby? She could nurse two babies at the same time? “Does that feel good?” Cleo asked.

“They do not need my milk anymore,” Luna said. “It is just a very pleasant sensation, and we all enjoy it. As long as they nurse two or three times a day I keep producing milk.”

“How old are they?” Cleo asked.

“Two and a half,” Luna said.

“And you have not been away from them in all that time?” Cleo asked.

“I’ve had a couple of two week trips with Rolf, while the babies were left here,” Luna said.

“How did you keep your milk from drying up?” Cleo asked.

“Rolf,” Luna said. “It is even more pleasant when you husband drinks from your breasts, because he does other things too.” Luna went into a great big smile. “Some very pleasant things!”

Cleo thought to Albus, I’m going to enjoy that, when we have our babies.

Albus returned pleasant thoughts. It was very evident that Cleo was ready to enjoy being a mother, and really wanted to be one, a thought that worried Albus. He knew he was not physically or emotionally ready to be a father.

The next day the weather was excellent, and the Erica and Bill Jr. Lionheart were over to play Quidditch.

“Play with us, Cleo,” Erica said.

“I don’t know how,” Cleo said.

“Al, teach your girlfriend how to play Quidditch,” Erica said. “Cleo, go and put on some trousers, and then I’ll help Al teach you how to play.”

Cleo changed her clothes, and then mounted a broom, and flew up to where Al and Erica were.

“Catch,” said Erica as she threw the Quaffle at Cleo. Cleo rolled away from the Quaffle.

“You have to catch it!” Erica said. She threw the Quaffle again. This time Cleo lunged for the Quaffle with both hands, and fell off the broom. Al caught Cleo, and she giggled.

Cleo sat on the broom, thought, and did a couple of spells. Al handed the Quaffle to Cleopatra, and she threw it in the very general direction of Erica. Erica flew over to the Quaffle, and again gently tossed the Quaffle to Cleo. Cleo made a two handed lunge for the Quaffle, and almost caught it, as she rolled over, staying on the broom. She rolled back up, giggling.

Cleopatra was just awful at Quidditch, although she could fly, and she had a lot of fun trying. After a little over an hour Cleo left the pitch to people who could actually play Quidditch. Cleo found Luna and the Scamander twins, and while Albus was playing Quidditch she was playing with the twins and talking to Luna.

*

Thursday afternoon Cleo came into the kitchen to see Molly looking at three chickens. Molly said, “I need to do something with these chickens, something to stretch them. Three chickens are not quite enough for all the people who are going to be coming for dinner.

Cleo said “You could make Chicken Cacciatore. You need noodles, and tomatoes, and a lot of spices. It’s better with mushrooms. I can write down sort of a recipe, although I do a lot by taste.”

Molly said, “If I have the ingredients we can try it. It does not sound like traditional English food.”

Cleo said, “It’s Italian. I like all kinds of food. The menu at the Malfoy house was boring, boring, boring, but I found all kinds of interesting recipes to try.”

As the rest of the family gravitated towards the smells coming from the kitchen they found Molly and Cleo adding spices, comparing notes on recipes, and generally having a fantastic time.

Victoire, who had been one of the first to come to the kitchen, and who was helping, said, “You ought to teach the Elves at Hogwarts how to make this.”

Cleo said, “I guess I am going to have to write something down. I use what we have on hand, and it is different every time I make it.”

Molly just beamed. The good cooks could make almost anything taste good, and many meals were an adventure. The ordinary ones followed the same boring recipe over and over.

Molly had finally found a kindred soul, as far as cooking and nourishing her family and guests were concerned. Molly hoped that she and Cleo would spend many hours creating spectacular and enjoyable meals.
Reviews 77
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear