Search:

SIYE Time:18:53 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Fred's Legacies
By PhoenixFeather2

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 109
Summary: It's the summer after the battle, but victory is not sweet. Old enemies are still causing trouble. Harry and the Weasley's are having trouble moving on. To complicate matters, Fred left something behind.
Hitcount: Story Total: 75543; Chapter Total: 3065







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny and Luna had discussed her visiting starting on Thursday. Ginny had sent a confirmation after talking things over with her dad, but it was late Wednesday evening before she managed to tell Harry. Whatever he and Ron had been working on was keeping them late. She had assumed they were at the office, but they came back at 8 that evening soaked and muddy. Harry had gone off to his room immediately to dry off, then he and Ron met back together in the kitchen. Ginny walked in only to have them break off their conversation.

“Fine then,” she snapped, “don’t tell me anything. Why should you? You never have before.” She turned and went right back up to her room. She was throwing things into the trunk for her trip to Luna’s when someone knocked on the door.
“Come in,” she growled. Harry opened the door and stepped in. He looked in confusion between Ginny and her trunk.
“I, er–“ he stalled. “What are you doing?”

“I’m packing.” Ginny fought down a scream. “I’m packing so I can leave here and go to Luna’s. It’s not like I ever see you here anyway and heaven forbid you should tell me what you’re doing! I don’t know what the use of staying here is if you’re just going to ignore me. You won’t talk to me about anything. I’m your girlfriend and I find out what you’ve been up to after the papers do. Bloody Hermione’s still the first to know bloody everything. I’m sick and tired of it. I stay here and worry about what you’re doing and what you’re going through and you refuse to tell me. Well, I’m going somewhere where I won’t know if you’re gone all hours. And I won’t see you when you come back all muddy from who knows what! I would have told you days ago, but you’re never around are you?”

Harry shut the door behind him and twitched his wand across it. Ginny guessed that none of her family could hear her now, but she was past caring if they did.

“You’re leaving?” Harry asked quietly.

“Yes.” Ginny sat on her bed and pulled her knees up.

“Are you coming back?”

“Do you want me to?”

“Of course I do, Ginny.” Harry slumped down and sat with his back resting on the door. “I’m sorry I’ve been gone, Gin. I want to be around you. But, there are things I have to do. There are people we still have to track down. I have to finish this, Gin.”

“Can’t someone else, Harry? You had to be the one with Voldemort. I don’t know why, and I do wish you would tell me but…but you did. And that was fine. And you left. And you destroyed him. Can’t you let someone else take this now? Do you have to always be gone?” Ginny hated the sound of herself as she said it. She was just a weak, whiny teenage girl after all.

Harry sat quietly for a long time. “Are you still my girlfriend, Ginny?” He asked at last.

“Do you want me to be?” Ginny whispered softly. “You broke up with me before you left, and, well, you’ve never exactly asked me since you got back.” She hadn’t realized how much it bothered her until she said it. It was silly, really, everyone else knew they were a couple. But she needed to hear it from him.

Harry made a move to get up, then groaned and slumped back down, wincing. Ginny slipped off her bed and sat facing him. He was injured somewhere. She pulled his shirt up over his head. He didn’t resist. A dark bruise covered half his back. Several other scars and wounds in various stages of healing were also evident. “Who did this to you?” She asked quietly, trying to keep the worry out of her voice.

“I think it was Rowle.” Harry groaned. “Not sure though.”

Ginny bit her lip. “We should get mum to take a look at you.”

“In a minute,” he replied. “Ginny, listen, I do want you to be my girlfriend. I just, I don’t know what a normal life looks like now. I know I want to be with you, but I also know I have things to take care of. Like, Rowle. He got away, and there are other with him…we’ve got to find them.”

Ginny leaned in and kissed him. “I know.” She replied “I just worry. And you’re a lot to worry about.”

“Well,” Harry tried to adjust to a more comfortable position, “if being with Luna will make you worry less….” He paused. “Just promise me you’ll come back.”

“I’ll be back in two weeks, at the latest. Luna and I have a lot of catching up to do with our lessons, but that will get old soon. Promise me when I get back, you’ll tell me everything?”

“Okay.” Harry nodded. “It’s not a nice story, really Gin. But if you want to hear it…”

“Of course I do. Now, let’s get you taken care of.” She slipped her arm behind Harry from the uninjured side and helped him to his feet before opening the door and calling out for help. Ron and Molly came quickly and helped Harry back down to the kitchen.

Molly ran her wand over Harry’s side and clucked her tongue. “Broken ribs. I can heal it, but we need to get this shirt off.” Harry moved to pull the shirt off, but groaned and gave up quickly. Molly waved her wand and scissors flew out of the far kitchen drawer and into her hand. She cut the shirt from the bottom up to the neck, exposing Harry’s chest. “Harry Potter! What is this?” Molly pointed to a spot over Harry’s heart. A nasty, lightning shaped scab sat on top of skin of fading yellow and green. Slightly above that there was another red scar, round and thick. Other tiny little scars covered just about every inch of Harry’s arms, along with a deep indented scar on one forearm. No wonder the boy hadn’t wanted to make out, Ginny reflected, staring at his chest. There was probably no where she could touch him without causing pain.

Ron cleared his throat on the far end of the kitchen, causing Ginny to jump. Molly turned around. “You’ve seen plenty of boys bare chested, Ginny.” She chided. “Ron, go get Harry’s robes. And get your father down here. We are taking him to St. Mungo’s.”

“No.” Harry objected. “I don’t want anyone to see me. Reporters, and...”

“I’ll get Madam Pomfrey.” Ginny suggested. “She was fussing that you never came to see her after the battle Harry. She’s at St. Mungo’s this summer, but she’ll come over.” She walked over to the fireplace and threw Floo powder in before her mum could argue. The fireplace was connected to the Ministry, and the Ministry to St. Mungo’s. Madam Pomfrey was off duty, but the witch at the front desk sent a message. Madam Pomfrey joined Ginny in a few minutes and followed her back through the Floo Network. She stepped out of the fireplace and greeted Molly while looking Harry over.

“Good job with the ribs, Molly. When is this from?” She pointed to the lighting shaped wound.

“The battle.” Harry replied.

“What was the curse?”

“Avada Kedavra.” Harry seemed reluctant to even say the words. Ginny sucked in her breath, as did Madam Pomfrey.

“Well, you’re alive, but this isn’t healing properly. There’s something in the scar above it too. I need to know what caused that.”

“A locket. It sort of got stuck to me and Hermione cut it out.”

“How does a locket get stuck to you?” Madam Pomfrey had put her wand down on the table and was feeling the scar with her fingers as she talked.

“Oh.” Ron spoke from his chair across the table. Harry’s robe was lying forgotten in front of him.

“Yes?” Madam Pomfrey looked over.

“Well, that locket. It, erm, had a curse on it. Bill had to treat me for it. Took him a few tries. I thought, seeing as it was destroyed....” Ron trailed off, but his eyes darted over to Ginny.

“I’ll get Bill.” She moved back over to the fireplace.

“Wait up.” Her mum grabbed her arm before she made it over this time. “Ron, when did Bill treat you for this? And Ginny, what do you know.”

“Nothing.”

“Christmas.”

Madam Pomfrey looked over to Ron. “It occurs to me that I haven’t seen you since the battle either young man. Take your shirt off then!”

“Really, no need,” Ron began, but he quailed under the witch’s glare and pulled his shirt off over his head. “Happy?”

“No.” Molly and Madam Pomfrey spoke together.
There was a nasty scar wrapping one of Ron’s shoulders and the same tiny scars that Harry had covered Ron’s torso too. “Splinched myself. Hermione had a time of it. It had already scarred before Bill and Fleur saw it.” Ron pointed to his shoulder. “The rest are flagrante curses from Gringotts, and, you know, random things. Harry’s are more interesting, as always, really.”

“Shirt on. Get Bill!” Molly ordered.

Ginny sat down in the chair next to Harry. He blushed and moved slightly away from her. Madam Pomfrey kept examining Harry, muttering and clicking under her tongue. Bill arrived a few moments later along with Fleur.

“We’re dealing with multi-layered curses here, Bill. Your brother seems to think you are familiar with a few of them.” Madam Pomfrey indicated Harry.

Bill nodded. “It’s going to take a while if it’s the same as Ron’s. Let’s move him up to his room.”

Ginny tried to follow, but Fleur held her back. “You will see him later. Let Bill work.” Ginny went back to her room and tried to finish packing as the others worked. She was always left out of these things. She heard Kingsley arrive downstairs a few minutes later and went out into the hall to intercept him.

“Is Harry going to be ok?” She demanded.

“I would imagine so, Ginny.” Kingsley reassured her, “but it turns out he was keeping a few things secret even from me. I have not seen the wounds yet.”

“Mom ask you to come? or Bill?” Ginny tried to gauge what she was dealing with.

“Your mother sent me a howler about how I employ children as aurors and fail to look after them.”

George had poked his head out into the hall. “You got a howler, Minister? Welcome to the family then. And what’s this about Harry? No one tells me anything.”

“I think I will let Ginny explain, if she would be so kind as to direct me to Harry’s room first.” Ginny did, then spent a few minutes catching George up to speed.

Kingsley came back out of the room and found her. “Ginny, you may be able to offer some assistance in this case. When Dumbledore assisted you after Riddle’s diary, do you by any chance remember what he did?”

“He called Snape. Snape muttered a lot and made me take a bunch of potions. Why?”

“I believe I will have Madam Pomfrey consult the portraits then, and perhaps the pensieve. It seems that some of the objects that Harry and Ron handled have lingering curse effects. I’m sure they will be fine, but I need my star trainee auror back in action sooner rather than later. I will also be contacting Neville, as I understand he may have handled something similar.” Kingsley maintained eye contact with Ginny as he said this. He headed out. Madam Pomfrey followed soon. Fleur went back to Shell Cottage, while Bill accompanied his mother to her bedroom for a long overdue explanation of Ron’s visit.

Later that evening, Ginny knocked on Harry’s bedroom door. He was lying on top of the covers with potion infused bandages wrapping most of his body. “I would really think the aurors would check you over for injuries.” She pulled some of the bandage back to check on the progress. The bruise had turned a nasty shade of green, but this, she knew, indicated healing.

“Well, they would have,” Harry said sheepishly, trying to turn his head so he could see Ginny, “but I told them I was alright.”

Ginny put the bandage down and poked Harry in the arm. “If I ever hear of you doing that again!” She warned. Harry chuckled. “What, you’ll give me a worse bruising?”

“Don’t put it past me!” Ginny smiled. It was nice to be talking to him again. She was going to miss him when she was gone after all. She leaned down and kissed him. “I just wanted to make sure that I got my goodbye. I didn’t want you sneaking off without seeing me in the morning. You should get some sleep now.” She squeezed his hand and left the room. Tomorrow she would be off to see Luna, and to make sure Amanda was alright. She wished she could shake the feeling she had about that.

As things turned out, Ginny got to spend quite a bit of time with Harry the next morning. Kingsley had agreed with Molly that Harry needed rest. He had a direct order from the minister that he not report to work that morning. Harry and Ginny left Mrs. Weasley in the kitchen arguing with Kreacher over the cooking. The pair shut themselves in the Parlor for a long overdue conversation on the events of last year. Ginny made Harry go first. He had only just covered the essentials–where they had been, how they had found the horcruxes and who had destroyed which one, up to the Hogwarts battle–when her Mum called up that it was 12:55 and they needed to leave. She kissed Harry goodbye with a promise to talk about her year later.
Reviews 109
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear