Search:

SIYE Time:20:28 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Where the Girls Are
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 74
Summary: Ron and Neville are in trouble with their girls, and Harry is trying to find a time to tell Ginny how he really feels. But the girls have gone away for the weekend. The only thing for the boys to do is go-where the girls are. Fun and fluff ahead, canon couples..
Hitcount: Story Total: 22955; Chapter Total: 3641





Author's Notes:
Set approx. 3 years after the final battle. Short chapters, short story.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Tuesday

“Hi girls, how are you both?” asked Ginny, sliding into a booth at the Leaky Cauldron.

Hermione Granger and Hannah Abbott stopped their animated discussion to offer her a half smile. “Hey, Ginny,” they said glumly.

“Uh-oh, I've had nicer welcomes from my great Aunt Muriel. What's up?” asked Ginny.

“Ronald,” sighed Hermione, shaking her head at the mere thought of her boyfriend.

“Neville,” sighed Hannah at the same time, thinking of her boyfriend.

“What have they done this time?” asked Ginny, directing her question more to Hermione than Neville.

“I saw him, Ginny! With my own eyes! Having lunch with Lavender Brown. He blew me off for lunch, saying he was busy, so I went to Diagon Alley and I saw them,” cried Hermione.

“At least you saw your boyfriend. Nev's been giving me the brush off for the last week,” said Hannah, gloomily.

“There may be perfectly good reasons for their actions,” said Ginny, looking at the menu. She was starving, and she looked around for someone to take their order.

“Like what?” they both said, staring at her.

Ginny shrugged. “Jeez, I don't know. Hey, can we order?”

Hermione snapped her fingers and a waiter came running. Both Hermione and Hannah ordered a coffee and a plate of hot chips to share, and they watched in amusement as Ginny ordered a mega burger, chips and shake.

The two girls continued to discuss their boyfriends and their thoughts on their recent actions. Ginny glanced around the cafe, looking to see if she knew anyone.

“Ginny? What do you think?”

Ginny turned back to her friends. “I really don't know. At least you guys have boyfriends,” she sighed.

Hermione looked sympathetic. “Still nothing from Harry?”

Ginny shook her head. “I don't get it. I gave him space after the war; offered him support any time we actually did get five minutes alone. He smiled and thanked me, but nothing! Then I go back to Hogwarts and he starts writing me these long letters and he came to my Quidditch matches. I really thought we'd finally get together once I was done with Hogwarts, but...nothing!”

“Nothing?” asked Hannah, shooting Hermione a look to confirm. Hermione nodded.

“We'd make up a foursome with these two,” sighed Ginny, nodding at Hermione, “or we hung out together at the Burrow when all the family was there. Then I was off to Wales with the Harpies, and again, he sends me letters, telling me all about his year on the run.”

“Really?” asked Hermione, surprised. “He rarely speaks about that time. That must mean something.”

Ginny shook her head. “I'm over it,” she lied. “You know what we need? A girls weekend. Come on, let's go away somewhere, forget about the boys.”

Hannah looked keen, but Hermione looked worried. “Do you think it's wise for me to leave Ronald alone, where Lavender can get her hooks into him?”

Ginny looked at her. “You know Lavender's not like that any more. Come on, I thought the two of you were past all that Won-Won stuff!”

Hannah giggled, as their meals were delivered. “Well, I like the idea of a girls weekend, in fact, let's head to the beach, do something fun,” she said.

Hermione looked thoughtful. “Well, we could go to Brighton, although it's a Muggle beach area. They have a fun fair and-”

“A fun fair! That's it, we're going!” cried Ginny, her eyes alight with fun.

“Sounds like fun to me,” agreed Hannah.

“Can we go this weekend?” asked Ginny, taking a huge bite of her burger. “I'm free.”

“I can change my roster,” nodded Hannah.

Hermione nodded. “I'll make some phone calls later and see if we can get accommodation. We can share a room, right?”

Hannah and Ginny nodded. “Sure!”

Hermione raised her coffee cup. “To a weekend without the boys!”

Hannah picked hers up too. “To good times with good friends!”

Ginny held up her milkshake. “To us!”


Three Days Later-

Harry nodded a greeting to George as he walked into WWW. George gestured to the back room when he asked Ron's whereabouts. Harry ignored the hero worship stares as he headed there, hearing raised voices as he was about to knock on the office door.

“-go without us?” Harry thought that sounded like Neville.

“Hermione's got a bee in her bonnet about something.” That was definitely Ron.

Harry knocked on the door and opened it. Neville and Ron looked glum. “Hey, what's up? Come on, it can't be too bad, it's Friday afternoon, and we all have the weekend off. How about a dinner at the pub?” he asked.

Silence met his question, so he asked again. “What's going on?”

“The girls are gone,” blurted out Neville.

“What?” asked Harry, looking to a grim faced Ron. He nodded.

“I need to see Hannah this weekend,” said a desperate Neville.

“Me too. I had something big planned for me and 'Mione this weekend,” sighed Ron.

“It's just a weekend, no need to panic,” reasoned Harry. “We can do something together, while they're gone.”

“But I need to see Hannah this weekend,” protested Neville. “And they've gone to the beach to, in Ginny's words, have fun in the sun, and have sex on the beach!”

“What? Ginny went, too. Wait, sex on the beach? She actually said that?” asked Harry, paling.

“Now who's panicking,” said Ron, patting Harry on the back. “Welcome to our world.”

“We have to go after them,” said Neville.

“Do you know where they went?” asked Harry.

Ron shook his head. “We can ask Mum and Dad, they might know.”

“When did they go?” asked Harry.

“This morning. I went to the Leaky to talk to Hannah, and I was told by Tom she'd asked for the day off to go away for a girl's weekend,” said Neville, miserably.

“They're already there!” gasped Harry.

Ron nodded miserably “'Mione left me a note, saying she needed to go away to think about things. What the hell does that mean?”

Harry shook his head in defeat. “Did she, erm, mention Ginny?”

“Why would she mention my sister?” asked Ron.

Harry shrugged.

A knock on the door had them all turning around. It was Angelina. “Oh, hey Nev, Harry. Ron, George needs you out on the floor to demonstrate that Wheez for a customer.”

“No worries. Back soon, lads,” said Ron, getting out of his chair and heading out.

Angelina eyed a despondent Neville and Harry. “Hey, why the long faces?”

“Hannah, Hermione and Ginny went away for a girl's weekend. We're concerned, that's all,” said Harry. Neville nodded glumly.

Angelina laughed. “They were heading off, looking for a fun time. I heard Ginny talk about checking out the hot bods on the beach, and something about a fun fair. She was really excited about it.”

Harry paled again, but Neville stood up straighter. “Do you actually know where they went, Angie. I really need to see Hannah this weekend.”

Angelina shrugged. “Sure, they didn't mention keeping it a secret. They've gone to Brighton.

Brighton!” exclaimed Neville, gleefully.

“It's a popular Muggle tourist area. We may need to book some rooms,” said Harry. “Shall we share one?”

“I need a room to myself,” said Neville, anxiously. “Can you let me know how much. I'll exchange some galleons to Muggle money,” he said.

Ron came back, happy to have made a good sale. “We're going to Brighton to see the girls,” blurted out Neville. “I'm going to Gringott's.”

“I need to make some enquiries about accommodation,” said Harry. “You and I are sharing.”

“All right, but I'd rather share with Hermione,” groused Ron. “Come to think of it, I'm probably not the Weasley you want to be sharing with, am I right?” he asked, looking at his best friend shrewdly.

“I don't know what you mean,” scoffed Harry, not meeting Ron's eyes. “Let's meet back here in two hours, then we'll head off.”

Neville nodded and hurried out. Ron went to tell George he was done for the day. Verity had arrived, for the afternoon to close shift.

Harry sighed. He'd waited too long to tell Ginny how he felt; held back telling her how he felt face to face. Was it now too late? Was Ginny looking for love...elsewhere?


Reviews 74
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear